Been a long time since i visited, but of course its due to bad news.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 10:28 AM
LOUD NOISES!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been a long time since i visited, but of course its due to bad news.....

Hello all,
Been a long time since i browsed Acurazine. Didn't leave for any reason in particular, just went through a phase where I became very disinterested in alot of shit. I am through that now, and, I am back.
Anyway the main reason i am back in action is, of course, due to some awful event. Bout a month ago, my system was stolen outta my trunk! Feel so violated. Visiting the girlfriend up in Western Mass (not such a great area), my car stood out like a sore thumb, washed, tinted, debadged. I guess it was too appealing to the scumbags. They got into the car and stole EVERYTHING. all my cd's, my phone charger, Ipod and charger/Monster cable, digital camera, then the popped the trunk. They hit the jackpot!
Around March of last year, I took a little road trip down to Street Effectz in NJ and had them install a bangin system. Two Diamond audio D6-10's in an enclosure, with a piggy-backed D6-1500.1 amplifier. Front and rear Diamond Audio Hex coax components all pushed by a D6-300.4 amp. THe best system i had ever had in any of my cars. SOOOO worth the money. Ron and his crew did a great job on the install, never a complaint.
Needless to say, I woke up in the morning the sounds of the girlfriends father screaming at the scumbags as they ran down the street to an awaiting get-a-way car. I walked outside and nearly threw up from the abortion that was performed on my baby. THe only thing that was left were the crossovers for the coax speakers. Everything was gone, wires cut, screws ripped out.
As i stated the camera was stolen too, so, no pics available. Insurance will not cover it. So, here is the question that I pose to my fellow Acurazine members.

Can anyont recomend some good middle-of-the-road equipment as a replacement (amps and sub+eclosure). As much as I would like to redo it all with the diamond audio, I just don't have the money for that (saving for a ring and a house)

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM

Thanks Alot
Kevin
Old 03-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Ouch...sorry to hear, man. That's gotta suck. No evidence left behind or leads on who did it?
Old 03-10-2006, 11:15 AM
Intermediate

So sad my man....can't even imagine. I'm very sorry to hear this story. My advice...the house and the ring will bring you much more satisfaction in the long run.

We have to have tunes on the road though so take a look at JL and Alpine...even their lower end stuff is pretty good. The only real expensive part of my system is the focal components in the front...otherwise I use JL e series amps, alpine sub, Calrion HU. I can't imagine wanting anything more in sound quality. I spent about 3K in parts (equipment and materials for the install)...there are ways to do it for much less though and still get a great sounding system. Just don't skimp on your front components.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:18 PM
LOUD NOISES!!

My girlfriend lives in Mass. I live in NY, so i had to rely on the "Maybury PD" and Andy Griffith. They told me that they only do prints and shit if the thieves are caught. I stared that this officer in awe, they dust for prints after they catch the thieves?? My brain almost exploded on the spot. So, needless to say, there was nothing left at the scene (i didn't have any of my own resources with me), so frustrating.

So needless to say, no leads, no evidence, just heartbreak. Harrjar, you would happened to know a price on the amps etc. All my diamond audio components are intact (just not amped, hence, no sound grrrr).

Any other suggestions, anyone have any used amps or subs that are in good condition??
Old 03-10-2006, 04:30 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That totaly sux! Sorry to hear it. Specially since it was a SE install! Thats like having a piece of art stolen. Why wont insurance cover it?
Old 03-10-2006, 06:01 PM
LOUD NOISES!!

because it was all after-market. I never thought to have that put on my policy (mostly because i didnt wanna jack it up and higher that what it was). So Geico said they arent gonna help me. So now I am looking for installers in the Westchester County, NY area.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Intermediate

I'm pretty sure all the e series amps fall under $500, including the big 6 channel e6450...which is the primary amp I'm using. Slash series, which I really like, are a bit more.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:40 AM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm never going with geico! Forget that stupid little gecko! If it's connected to my car it better get paid for. No wonder why the insurance is so cheap.