Audiobahn amps questions.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2001, 08:44 PM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audiobahn amps questions.

I'm interested in getting Audiobahn amps. I wanna hear your opinions on them.

1. The wattage output. Is it overrated BS or just right?
2. How good is the sound?
3. Are they running hot?
4. What do you think about them?

It would be helpful if you can post link to reviews or anything about them. Thanks.
Old 10-27-2001, 08:58 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that's what i wanna know too.....i also wanna know bout them chrome 2000 watt subs...i can get them for 175 each
Old 10-28-2001, 01:27 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From my experiences, Audiobahns are actually not too shabby. If you're looking for top of the line, then well no they're not. But they're a very good performance/price comparison. I've installed a few A2300HCX's and I can tell you if you know how to install them right, and have the right setup they look good. With that polished face (beware easily scratched!). There's a reason for the fans being in them...the HCX's at least...they get hot as he11 and they suck a lot of power...so you better not run too much. They seem to push fine, and have a low THD.

You have to say more in your post...what are you planning on powering or whatever? Also, if you're running a lot, say two 12" subs...600 watts, then maybe a 4 piece setup of components, a nice headunit etc...you may want to think about the class D amps, they are much more power efficient, but at the expense of what some say is more of a fake sound, but I've never heard it out of the Audiobahns. My suggestion is what I tell a lot of people...go drive to a car audio place that carries them, tell them you're REAL interested (they think, definite buy) and tell them you want to hear them. Get them to hook them up to (preferably) the set of speakers you want to run them off of, or if not possible a good set of speakers or subs. Listen to them. Then listen to a few others....JL mono's (assuming subs), Rockford Fosgate, Precision Power, Polk...etc etc. Find out what sounds best to you. Good luck.

Austin519