TSX: audio install guidance

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 02:44 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
audio install guidance

I will be doing an install on a buddies 05 TSX next weekend. Equipment will include:
-Dayton Reference 7" mids in the front doors
-Seas Neo Alum tweeters in the stock tweeter locations
-Kenwood X4R amp running the mids and tweets active
-2 12" 12w3s run off a JL 500/1
-some eDead and ensolite in the doors and trunk for dampening
I will be using a AudioControl LC7 to integrate the stock nav head unit as well as to provide an aux-in for an i-pod. I am flying to Salt Lake City next weekend to do this so I'd like to know what I'm getting into before i get out there.

I want to keep the rear door speakers run off of the factory amp as well as the rear 6x9s (temporarily until i install the subs), so i do not want to fully bypass the factory amp. It seems like my best bet is to grab the 4-channel signal for the LC7 before the factory amp by tapping into the front and rear signals. Id like to use the factory speaker wire in the front doors and tweeters so i will cut the front mids and tweeter wires coming out of the amp and run the speaker wire from the X4R to the other end of those wires and cap off the now exposed front speaker wires coming out of the amp. When i get the subs in i can then disconnect the rear 6x9s to disable them. Is there enough space/wire length to do what I'm wanting to do and does it sound like I'm on the right track? Is there anything I'm over looking?

Thanks.

RJ