Another Streeteffectz Car Audio Victim!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 09:36 PM
I Just Con't Drive 55 Mon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Streeteffectz Car Audio Victim!

Well, I listened to all you guys on the Forum! I read about Ron & Dave Lewert at Streeteffectz in Colonia, Nj in magazines and about all the fantastic stuff they do....and they did it to me!! Man, are these two great guys! I saw the pics of the Kenwood DDX Series Head Units Ron posted a while back that they installed and I fell in Love! As close to an OEM look I could get, so I got it!.....

Kenwood DDX-7017 Head unit their custom face plate with my XM Roady 2
[IMG][/IMG]

KNA-DV 4100 Nav Brain tucked in the trunk
[IMG][/IMG]

Nav Antenna by the 3rd brake light....good idea Dave!
[IMG][/IMG]

Polk db5250's in the Doors.....no tweeters in rear, right Ron!...don't want to FU my sound stage whatever that means!....sounds great though!
[IMG][/IMG]

DLS CA 31 amp for the fronts and sub....head unit powers the rears
[IMG][/IMG]

DLS W310B 10" sub in a "removeable" enclosure....had to because of my job....sometimes I carry a ton of stuff!
[IMG][/IMG]

all done by these two characters...Ron and Dave Lewert of Streeteffectz, brothers-in-audio!
[IMG][/IMG]

All tucked into this every day, company car, driver......
[IMG][/IMG]

nothin' crazy, just sounds totally awesome for an old man!.....me!...thanx Ron
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-30-2005, 08:18 AM
Pleasure Unit

I'm also a DLS Streeteffectz customer.... see sig below....

How do you like the sound?
Old 08-30-2005, 12:10 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks good! Those guys are crafty!
Old 08-30-2005, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by paul_huryk
I'm also a DLS Streeteffectz customer.... see sig below....

How do you like the sound?
I love it Paul....sounds great! I just burned my first DVD Audio disk last night, 700+ songs in mp3 format on one disk, and it sounds awesome....the DVD video clarity is perfect....CD sound is just as good.....XM radio took on a whole new sound as well.......the 10" sub is plenty for me...I couldn't be happier....it sparked my "audio gene" again.....I'm breaking out all my old CDs when I travel for work now!....all Ron has left is to get the steering wheel module hooked up so the controls works again (I use that thing more than I thought!) and I'm done...well, I'm leaving now to get the windows tinted...then I'm really done!...aren't they good guys? Enjoyed the whole process putting it together with them...how does your system sound?....you went with some nice stuff there ...when did you have it done?.....LMK.....gary
Old 08-30-2005, 07:57 PM
97 2.2CL?for how long??

interesting choice of words there, especially "victim".

I wish I could be victimized!!
Old 08-30-2005, 11:56 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

i hope my car is as cool as your when im your age. its HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 08-31-2005, 08:28 AM
Pleasure Unit

Originally Posted by Fluid Grease
I love it Paul....sounds great! I just burned my first DVD Audio disk last night, 700+ songs in mp3 format on one disk, and it sounds awesome....the DVD video clarity is perfect....CD sound is just as good.....XM radio took on a whole new sound as well.......the 10" sub is plenty for me...I couldn't be happier....it sparked my "audio gene" again.....I'm breaking out all my old CDs when I travel for work now!....all Ron has left is to get the steering wheel module hooked up so the controls works again (I use that thing more than I thought!) and I'm done...well, I'm leaving now to get the windows tinted...then I'm really done!...aren't they good guys? Enjoyed the whole process putting it together with them...how does your system sound?....you went with some nice stuff there ...when did you have it done?.....LMK.....gary
Since I went with the Alpine CD unit, the sound quality is there too - just no navi or MP3 DVDs, but the effect is the same - loving every minute in the car now.

Ron is going to add another 10" sub to mine (front components are overpowering the single 10" I have in there now) and build a trunk partition wall to hide everything next Saturday (the 10th) - I was there in the middle of July for the install. So one more step for me too.

The system sounds great - I have zero complaints about it - just need to EQ it a tad once the speakers are totally broken in. I'm glad I went with the more expensive equipment - going less expensive would have saved me a few $, but it wouldn't sound as good - the install would have been the same regardless.

I had my windows tinted the day after the dealer got my plates in - the black interior is an oven from April to October..... and we are in NJ!
Old 08-31-2005, 08:40 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,461 Likes on 3,055 Posts
Originally Posted by NYZGREATST
rock on :killer:
Old 08-31-2005, 11:09 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats....!!

Looks awesome..
Old 08-31-2005, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by NYZGREATST
Thanks man...it's been a while since I hooked up my personal ride like this. When I was your age it was muscle cars....I was a GM guy!...big blocks....crank, cam, pistons, manifolds, double pumpers, headers, Hurst 4 speed w/B&M tranny, 4.11's in the rears..four link suspension in the back....man, when I got a set of 15X10 Cragar S/S wheels with 50/60 series tires, shit, I thought I went to heaven!...all to get close to 10 second quarters...and everything was AFFORDABLE!....then college...got married....kids....got into the Euro thing...Porsche (3 of those), Benz (2 of those), Beemer (only one)...and to work on those you needed to be a f*cken enginneer and you had to chop off a limb to buy any mod, so that sort of sucked because I did only minor stuff, mostly audio, wheels and tires. Now, I got a 17yo son and we did this together in like 3 months so far, we did the tires/wheels, OEM kit, rotors and G-2ed the calipers, tips, threw in V-1 radar w/remote, the audio system and now we'll do the suspension....then we'll dig into the engine and exhaust this winter, this will be his in a year or so...probably should have started with an TL-S, but WTF.....the fun in life is the journey to get there...and all you "car guys" will always have the bug, it never goes away, it may go dorment for a while, but you'll always have it! Enjoy the ride!.....really been a lot of fun with all you guys on the forum, it really cut down on the "trial & error" part for sure by just listening, so keep it coming! ....thanx to all.....g
Old 08-31-2005, 12:15 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

Originally Posted by Fluid Grease
Thanks man...it's been a while since I hooked up my personal ride like this. When I was your age it was muscle cars....I was a GM guy!...big blocks....crank, cam, pistons, manifolds, double pumpers, headers, Hurst 4 speed w/B&M tranny, 4.11's in the rears..four link suspension in the back....man, when I got a set of 15X10 Cragar S/S wheels with 50/60 series tires, shit, I thought I went to heaven!...all to get close to 10 second quarters...and everything was AFFORDABLE!....then college...got married....kids....got into the Euro thing...Porsche (3 of those), Benz (2 of those), Beemer (only one)...and to work on those you needed to be a f*cken enginneer and you had to chop off a limb to buy any mod, so that sort of sucked because I did only minor stuff, mostly audio, wheels and tires. Now, I got a 17yo son and we did this together in like 3 months so far, we did the tires/wheels, OEM kit, rotors and G-2ed the calipers, tips, threw in V-1 radar w/remote, the audio system and now we'll do the suspension....then we'll dig into the engine and exhaust this winter, this will be his in a year or so...probably should have started with an TL-S, but WTF.....the fun in life is the journey to get there...and all you "car guys" will always have the bug, it never goes away, it may go dorment for a while, but you'll always have it! Enjoy the ride!.....really been a lot of fun with all you guys on the forum, it really cut down on the "trial & error" part for sure by just listening, so keep it coming! ....thanx to all.....g
damn i wish i was your kid haha!!
Old 08-31-2005, 01:07 PM
Luke 1:37

Oh man, I'm thinking that I'll have to make a road trip down to NJ to get my system done by them next Spring. I think its worth the trip if they're an honest business and willing to provide good suggestions for the money you're willing to throw down.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by virtualbong
Oh man, I'm thinking that I'll have to make a road trip down to NJ to get my system done by them next Spring. I think its worth the trip if they're an honest business and willing to provide good suggestions for the money you're willing to throw down.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:28 PM
El Presidente

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by virtualbong

Us WestCoasters have been sayin' that for YEARS! well, now we got ElDude's shop to go to
Old 08-31-2005, 08:58 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks for the kind words Gary! Glad you like it, cuz we do too