Alpine V12 MRV-F450 5 Channel Amp?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 04:48 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alpine V12 MRV-F450 5 Channel Amp?

I don't really know a lot about audio components, but i wanted to know peoples' opinion. I want to get an amp... preferablly a 5 channel, FL,FR,RL,RR, Sub...the reason is that i just want something small that doesn't use up a $hit load of space. But my friend told me that 5 channel amps suck...you be better off buying one 4 ch and one mono ch amp...what do you guys think?

The spec for the alpine MRV-F450 look "below average (power)" compared to other brands, but their price is just as high. Anyone have comments or opinion on Alpine amps?

thanks for your help
Old 12-09-2002, 08:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
What speakers are you planning to run off the amp? That really determines what power you'll need.

I have the Helix Precision HXA-500Q, make by Brax and it is one high-class amp. It gives me 60 watts to the doors which feels like 100, near ear-bleeding sound.
Old 12-09-2002, 10:57 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Alpine V12 MRV-F450 5 Channel Amp?

Originally posted by AcuraTLSFan
I don't really know a lot about audio components, but i wanted to know peoples' opinion. I want to get an amp... preferablly a 5 channel, FL,FR,RL,RR, Sub...the reason is that i just want something small that doesn't use up a $hit load of space. But my friend told me that 5 channel amps suck...you be better off buying one 4 ch and one mono ch amp...what do you guys think?

The spec for the alpine MRV-F450 look "below average (power)" compared to other brands, but their price is just as high. Anyone have comments or opinion on Alpine amps?

thanks for your help
in my opinion, alpine amps are one of the cleaner sound producing amps in the market. yup, they don't have a lot of power 35w/ch, 40w/ch...i think they came out with one that has 60w/ch now. but they're wattage are true watts....meaning not over rated. again, imo, i would get a separate amp for the 4 speakers and a mono amp for the sub. there's a lot of space to put the amps in our cars. the sidewalls are a perfect place for them.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:59 PM
Find beauty in dissonance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never owned an Alpine. How much do you want to spend? Arc Audio 5150-CXLR.
Old 12-09-2002, 01:51 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was planing to get component set for the front and for the rear. Friend recommended MB Quartz..but that will set me back $$$ wise.
Old 12-09-2002, 06:50 PM
Burning Brakes

for the fronts i got the boston pro series. i think they sound awesome.
Old 12-12-2002, 07:30 AM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Re: Alpine V12 MRV-F450 5 Channel Amp?

Would this fit by any chance in the STOCK Amp Space ?

Originally posted by icy CL
in my opinion, alpine amps are one of the cleaner sound producing amps in the market. yup, they don't have a lot of power 35w/ch, 40w/ch...i think they came out with one that has 60w/ch now. but they're wattage are true watts....meaning not over rated. again, imo, i would get a separate amp for the 4 speakers and a mono amp for the sub. there's a lot of space to put the amps in our cars. the sidewalls are a perfect place for them.
Old 12-12-2002, 07:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Re: Re: Re: Alpine V12 MRV-F450 5 Channel Amp?

Originally posted by caddy
Would this fit by any chance in the STOCK Amp Space ?
mostlikely not. the bose amps are real small. if you get an aftermarket amp, you'll have to put it somewhere else. the stock amp is behind the lining behind where the jack is stored. it's screwed in to a vertical bracket. what i did was put my aftermarket amp on top of the jack holder (supported by screws screwed to the metal frame) and put the jack with the spare tire in spare tire well. besides, an aftermarket amp will need more air space to breath. and where the bose amp is, it's confined in a small enclosed area.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:07 AM
Banned

Re: Amp in Factory Space

Any Pics by any chance of your Work ? I want to see what I'm up against.

mostlikely not. the bose amps are real small. if you get an aftermarket amp, you'll have to put it somewhere else. the stock amp is behind the lining behind where the jack is stored. it's screwed in to a vertical bracket. what i did was put my aftermarket amp on top of the jack holder (supported by screws screwed to the metal frame) and put the jack with the spare tire in spare tire well. besides, an aftermarket amp will need more air space to breath. and where the bose amp is, it's confined in a small enclosed area.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Re: Re: Amp in Factory Space

Originally posted by caddy
Any Pics by any chance of your Work ? I want to see what I'm up against.
it's too cold outside right now. you might have to wait til spring. j/k. i'll try and post some later. i'm sure you'll get ideas in this forum too.
Old 12-12-2002, 02:21 PM
Burning Brakes

here are the pics. it's messy but it will give you an idea. it's nothing to brag but about it serves it's purpose. pardon the mess!!!

http://home.att.net/~gmanchu/amp1.jpg
http://home.att.net/~gmanchu/amp2.jpg
http://home.att.net/~gmanchu/amp3.jpg
Old 12-12-2002, 03:01 PM
Banned

!

Thanks !
Old 12-19-2002, 03:50 AM
Midnight Marauder

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally posted by AcuraTLSFan
I was planing to get component set for the front and for the rear. Friend recommended MB Quartz..but that will set me back $$$ wise.
Hey I've had a set of MB quart separtes for a few years now and my experiece is that they are a tad bright, so try not to mount them so high up and close to your ears, you'll go deaf, like me. Anyways, the mids are probably among the cleanest that I've heard, but I remember the set being somewhere around 4-5 hundred dollars when I bought them, theres probably alot better values if you look at other brands.
Old 12-19-2002, 08:27 AM
Find beauty in dissonance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
here are the pics. it's messy but it will give you an idea. it's nothing to brag but about it serves it's purpose. pardon the mess!!!

http://home.att.net/~gmanchu/amp1.jpg
http://home.att.net/~gmanchu/amp2.jpg
http://home.att.net/~gmanchu/amp3.jpg
How is the driver side amp rack mounted? I had trouble finding a secure way to secure mine. I bolted the front below the cargo net hook/button. But there is nothing in the rear.
Old 12-19-2002, 03:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Bluto
How is the driver side amp rack mounted? I had trouble finding a secure way to secure mine. I bolted the front below the cargo net hook/button. But there is nothing in the rear.
i just screwed a peice of plywood to the plastic on the rear drivers side. it's just temporary. i need to get some "L" brackets to support the plywood somemore. the amp i have is not that heavy so it's stable enough for now.