Alarm w/ autostart & window controls and DVD price question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2001, 08:17 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Alarm w/ autostart & window controls and DVD price question.

I was quoted $1500 for a compustar alarm with auto start and two window modules (up and down). I have seen some posts for Clifford at varying prices; what price should I expect installed?
Also, I looked into a screen like Snook has (pop out TFT) with DVD and a Playstation 2 outlet, same question - what kind of pricing should I try to get? Too bad Street doesn't have a shop in the Bay Area!
I appreciate any input on this.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by BlackTL2K on June 06, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 06-06-2001, 11:47 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
more questions to clarify...

1) what alarm model and how many window modules?

2) you want a pop out screen, but you also want a separate dvd player or is the ps2 that source?
Old 06-07-2001, 08:52 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by StanMan:
more questions to clarify...

1) what alarm model and how many window modules?

2) you want a pop out screen, but you also want a separate dvd player or is the ps2 that source?
It would just be two window modules; a separate DVD player. I think I can add the PS2 for 299 later. He is also quoting me on wireless headphones.

Well I see Fry's has a 5"LCD and a DVD/CD/MP3 player for $399.00 and a Panasonic 7" in dash monitor - flip out screen w/tuner and DVD player for $1699. I guess that answers my own question.

Stan, I also noticed you debadged your TL. Can you tell me if there were "holes" behind the ACURA letters? If there is how did you fill or hide the holes? Thanks

&lt;FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial"&gt;[This message has been edited by BlackTL2K on June 07, 2001 @ ]&lt;/font&gt;

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by BlackTL2K on June 07, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 06-08-2001, 12:57 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, the simple questions first! i only debadged the "3.2tl" and "typeS" badges. they were already coming off the day i brought my car home. very simple and no residue...nice! i have seen tl's rolling around without the "acura" and i'm pretty sure there are no holes. i will be removing mine soon since it makes washing the car so much simpler without the snags!

a clifford avantguard 4 alarm, the most featured packed model with all the goodies, is about $1000 installed. getting the compustar, which is probably less packed than the a4 though i haven't checked at www.compustar.org , at more than that sounds funny. but then again, pricing is regional. i would check with another local shop that sells the same model and see what they price it as.

as for the monitors, a lot of brands have the flipouts and external dvd players. they also have new models that combine both...kenwood, pioneer, and panasonic. what's nice is one less chassis to mount. most will have 2 a/v inputs so you can't go wrong with what you choose. the tried and true alpine cva1005 (replaced by cva1006 i believe) can be had for about $1100 and the newer ivac800 with cd player is about $1300 (both don't play dvd internally). the 7000 series pioneer is probably a little less just for the screen, but only a little more if you buy the tuner and tv chasses. too many options. just drop by all the shops, ask many questions, look around, demo everything, make up an overall game plan and budget, and have fun!

not really sure where you are and where this place is, but sound innovations in hayward is regarded as a top notch shop. they have had many cars in the mags before, and their people are well known in the industry. not sure if you want to go to this caliber of shop, but it's nice to drop by and talk with people like this just to see what you will be getting into and what others might not be capable of.
www.clifford.com

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by StanMan on June 08, 2001 @ ]</font>