aftermarket head unit

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 12:04 AM
T.O. Advance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aftermarket head unit

want to put in an aftermarket. bose amp is a problem. if i remove the harness from the amp is that going to solve the problem or do i have to cut and rejoin wires as well?
Old 05-06-2007, 12:16 AM
Advanced

I think you would have to splice wires or either run new wires to the speakers. In any case is this for a CL? Are you willing to sell your harness if it fits and 06 TSX?
Old 05-06-2007, 11:52 AM
T.O. Advance

yeah it's for a cl. and when i'm finished chopping i'd be glad to sell you the harness.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's not a problem as long as you get a Metra wiring harness for the car..
Old 05-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Advanced

But I'm looking for a harness that goes from the stock radio to the amp so i can splice those? Does Metra make one of those?
Old 05-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rapmaster0
But I'm looking for a harness that goes from the stock radio to the amp so i can splice those? Does Metra make one of those?
I was responding to the original poster as it's his thread..

I have no clue even what your situation or question is..
Old 05-06-2007, 11:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by j1eight7
want to put in an aftermarket. bose amp is a problem. if i remove the harness from the amp is that going to solve the problem or do i have to cut and rejoin wires as well?
You can retain all the BOSE gear with your new deck. PAC Audio makes a part specifically for this. It's called an OEM-2. It allows you to pipe a good signal right into the BOSE amp without any problems. And.. you can do it all right at the deck. Otherwise you would have to pull your trunk apart, bypass your amp and change out all your speakers.

Originally Posted by Rapmaster0
I think you would have to splice wires or either run new wires to the speakers. In any case is this for a CL? Are you willing to sell your harness if it fits and 06 TSX?
Why would you want to put a CL harness in your TSX. I've got an engine harness from my '94 Civic. I'll sell it to you CHEAP!
Old 05-06-2007, 11:24 PM
Racer

If you're looking to keep your Bose speakers, all you need is a Metra wiring harness. I bought one on eBay for under $10 and it works like a charm. If you're looking to change your speakers, then you will need to bypass the amp.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Landocommando12
If you're looking to keep your Bose speakers, all you need is a Metra wiring harness. I bought one on eBay for under $10 and it works like a charm. If you're looking to change your speakers, then you will need to bypass the amp.
Wow. That was quick. It usually takes a couple of hours for somebody to offer bad info.

Running a high level audio signal into a BOSE amp induces clipping. Pushing your amp into clipping will burn up your amp and speakers like whoa. Not to mention your volume is maxxed out way too quick. It might work for you right now. But, a CL owner with the right parts is much happier.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:43 PM
Caffenine Addict

Originally Posted by uncald4
Wow. That was quick. It usually takes a couple of hours for somebody to offer bad info.

Running a high level audio signal into a BOSE amp induces clipping. Pushing your amp into clipping will burn up your amp and speakers like whoa. Not to mention your volume is maxxed out way too quick. It might work for you right now. But, a CL owner with the right parts is much happier.

muhahha . you are God. Ive been trying to find the pac audio part all day. ive called Metra techs, all the audio shops in the area, and all my first class MECP cert buddies who said it had to be completely rewired and all the equipment needed to be replaced! I knew there was a way around swapping out all my speakers. I did this with the bose in my maxima.

Do we use OEM1 or OEM2. I have more then enough RCAs on my unit to use normal rca connections.. I guess it doesnt make a difference does it?

Would you mind PMing me?

Last edited by Tweek; 05-10-2007 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tweek
muhahha . you are God. ......

Would you mind PMing me?
You could use either one. I prefer the OEM-2 because it has more usable options. It has adjustable outputs for one. The OEM-2 also has "pass thru" wires for 12 volt, accessory, ground, illumination and antenna turn on. And it gives you a delayed "amp turn-on" output. This will keep your speakers from popping everytime you turn your car on and off.

What deck are you going to use?

I would have PM'd you but this is good info for everyone.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:15 PM
Caffenine Addict

You could use either one. I prefer the OEM-2 because it has more usable options. It has adjustable outputs for one. The OEM-2 also has "pass thru" wires for 12 volt, accessory, ground, illumination and antenna turn on. And it gives you a delayed "amp turn-on" output. This will keep your speakers from popping everytime you turn your car on and off.

What deck are you going to use?

I would have PM'd you but this is good info for everyone.
This is very good info, ive been searching all day for this info.

The deck is a Pioneer DRH-P7800MP. Ive used a product similiar to the pac audio made by scosoche, when I integrated the bose amp on my maxima. What do the pass thru wires allow you to do?

Also, since i will be using an aftermarket decide I will be able to set up a mono amp and a sigle sub for some extra bass correct? I havent ever ran a amp integrator and also ran an amp on the same setup, but it seems possible since the deck will control the sub and the amp will use the preouts, or does the integrator use the rcas?
Old 05-10-2007, 11:24 PM
Former Sponsor

This is very good info, ive been searching all day for this info.

The deck is a Pioneer DRH-P7800MP. Ive used a product similiar to the pac audio made by scosoche, when I integrated the bose amp on my maxima. What do the pass thru wires allow you to do?

Also, since i will be using an aftermarket decide I will be able to set up a mono amp and a sigle sub for some extra bass correct? I havent ever ran a amp integrator and also ran an amp on the same setup, but it seems possible since the deck will control the sub and the amp will use the preouts, or does the integrator use the rcas?
The pass thru wires allow you to easily wire up your deck harness to your Metra harness. No jumping around hunting for wires. The OEM-2 uses the speaker outputs, not the RCA outs. But you can definately use your subwoofer RCA outs for an amp.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Caffenine Addict

The pass thru wires allow you to easily wire up your deck harness to your Metra harness. No jumping around hunting for wires. The OEM-2 uses the speaker outputs, not the RCA outs. But you can definately use your subwoofer RCA outs for an amp.
I knew it. Thank you. No one beleive me that there was a way without having to completely swap all the OEM equipment. For anyone else who is interested in this I will be doing this within the next week or two and will post a write up on it. The only thing i need to get started is the PAC integrator and the Pioneer integrator for my steering wheel controls which I can get from work.

Last question, I could get my remote from the bose amp in the trunk correct?

And an off topic question... I see you have the 791xv on your TL. How bad was the install? What module did you use, 1100F? I printed out the wiring from work and doesnt seem all to bad really.

Last edited by Tweek; 05-10-2007 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Former Sponsor

I knew it. Thank you. No one beleive me that there was a way without having to completely swap all the OEM equipment. For anyone else who is interested in this I will be doing this within the next week or two and will post a write up on it. The only thing i need to get started is the PAC integrator and the Pioneer integrator for my steering wheel controls which I can get from work.

Last question, I could get my remote from the bose amp in the trunk correct?

And an off topic question... I see you have the 791xv on your TL. How bad was the install? What module did you use, 1100F? I printed out the wiring from work and doesnt seem all to bad really.
You work at Best Buy don't you?
Old 05-10-2007, 11:36 PM
Caffenine Addict

You work at Best Buy don't you?
Yes Sir I saw on your myspace someone who was wearing the best buy gear. That shop on your myspace isnt best buy is it? Becuase if it is im extremely jealous of your setup.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Yes Sir
We can't be friends.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Caffenine Addict

We can't be friends.
Darn. Thats ok, I got what I needed out of you!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:42 PM
Former Sponsor

We can't be friends.
Installing the 791xv was a bitch. It took me 2 days. I used a 556uw for the immobilizer integration. Going into the drivers door for factory alarm disarm is a nightmare. I wouldn't trust your best installer to do this for you. When I worked at the BB as a SUP... I sent all my friends somewhere else. You might as well have a part time Rep1 install your shit. Sorry for the rant.....

You can get your remote turn on from the trunk..... but.... it's easier and better for you to run one straight from your deck harness.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Darn. Thats ok, I got what I needed out of you!
YOU BASTARD!! I need to go take a shower.....
Old 05-10-2007, 11:50 PM
Caffenine Addict

Installing the 791xv was a bitch. It took me 2 days. I used a 556uw for the immobilizer integration. Going into the drivers door for factory alarm disarm is a nightmare. I wouldn't trust your best installer to do this for you. When I worked at the BB as a SUP... I sent all my friends somewhere else. You might as well have a part time Rep1 install your shit. Sorry for the rant.....

You can get your remote turn on from the trunk..... but.... it's easier and better for you to run one straight from your deck harness.
I figured it wouldnt be easy.. I understand the whole BB crappy installer. I work with one. He is very very sloppy and does what is easiest for him. Doesnt cut alarm wires to length, chops and hacks stuff like no tomarrow.

Myself, I am definitely not the best installer in the world. I cannot fiberglass, dont like alarms, etc. I find myself as a better installer at best buy. I can install a deck and subs all day. Alarms can get very tricky and I wont do them. I let the know-it-alls figure it out. Anyways, I had planned to just run the remote line anyways instead of messing with the factory amp.

Thanks again for all your info, this thread should be stickied of made note of because it contains alot of valuable info.

Well its time for me to crash. I have to go in and try and help with a 791 on a 2004 Esclade EXT in the morning... Cant wait to get my system a moving!

Last edited by Tweek; 05-10-2007 at 11:52 PM.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Tweek... you're one step ahead of the game. You probably have more knowledge about the TL than anyone else in your bay. You're the best judge of your own work. Do a good job and know that you did a good job.

Good luck with that Esco.... It's pretty easy. As long as you have a 457GW.

Call me if you get stuck.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:42 AM
Caffenine Addict

Tweek... you're one step ahead of the game. You probably have more knowledge about the TL than anyone else in your bay. You're the best judge of your own work. Do a good job and know that you did a good job.

Good luck with that Esco.... It's pretty easy. As long as you have a 457GW.

Call me if you get stuck.
Im headed in there now. I already set aside the 457GW just for it. I will definite give you a call if I need some assistance. Thanks!

-Sean