Aftermarket Audio for TSX

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 04:47 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket Audio for TSX

Just curious to know, I understand that messing with the factory audio system messes up the climate control section of the center dash. Here are some of the questions i'm curious about...

1. if i were to install an aftermarket navi system, such as the Pioneer AVIC-N3, the best place to put it is in the area right below the climate control buttons are right?

2. If that's the place, are there any special aftermarket installation kits for that section?

3. Also, once the navi is installed, will i still be able to use the Handsfree Bluetooth?

4. Can a double-din navi/dvd system fit in that compartment under the climate controls?
Old 08-12-2006, 09:35 AM
Unauthorized User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You won't lose the climate control, I have the AVIC-N3 installed in my TSX. But you'll lose the Bluetooth function, but for me i'm not a big cell phone user i can live without bluetooth, I'd rather have the Navigation function, I know i should've went with the OEM navi in the first place but i didn't : /. Anyways you'll need the oem MP3 harness not the system just the pieace that will fit in to that little niche under the climate control. Otherwise the professional who is installing your system will have to create one for you, that will cost extra $ obviously. Do a search i think TSX536 have AVIC-N2 installed in his TSX and he post a full detail description on it. The Touch screen DIN would fit i think i'm not sure excactly, it'll have to be put in the space between the two compartment below the climate control.