CL: 2nd Gen: Trying to locate source of speaker hum

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010 | 04:19 PM
Racer

2nd Gen: Trying to locate source of speaker hum

Hello. I recently pulled out my double din aftermarket head unit for replacement and as I am driving around with no tunes, I notice a faint hum/hiss coming primarily from the right front speakers. This is with no head unit but I also noticed it when the head unit was in but powered off.

This is not the typically noise related to RPM's. This actually occurs only between about 60-80 and is directly related to a slight depressing of the accelerator. No accelerator, no noise; slight depressing and holding of accelerator, noise; pressing on the accelerator, no noise again.

I had a similar issue with my 02 accord coupe, which is a very similar car. Power wires are run along the driver's side, signal and speaker wires run down the middle. I am going to try to separate these wires to each side of the hump, but if anyone has run into a similar problem or has suggestions on how to pinpoint the source of the noise I would appreciate it! Tricky to diagnose as it only happens when I'm driving a constant speed between 60-80!

Thanks.