Go Back  AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community > Special Interest > Audio, Video, Electronics & Navigation
Reload this Page >

RDX: 2019 RDX Audio - Other options besides a thumb drive?

Notices

RDX: 2019 RDX Audio - Other options besides a thumb drive?

Old 03-25-2019, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 RDX Audio - Other options besides a thumb drive?

Hi, I'm new to this blog...and new to my RDX A-spec. I bought the car however because of the 3-D ELS sound system (my wife likes to call it my $45k rolling stereo - we won't go there). I've been disappointed in the play of my IPOD Nano however. Firstly it doesn't always play properly in the system (initializing forever, or simply failing to get recognized by the car's system). In reading other bloggers I notice that most talk about their thumb drives. I'd like to upgrade from the Nano but would like some handiness (like a device with an app) in creating files, creating playlists, the ability to shuffle albums, shuffle playlists etc. Can someone recommend another digital player that will work in the new RDX?....how about the Walkman?...the Onkyo DAP?... The AGPTEK DAP? These devices will allow me to play higher quality files than the crappy MP3's I've been playing. Does Acura put out a list of devices that will work with particular cars/models? I have been to the Acura site and see nothing on this. My dealer is hopeless...can't even help get my Nano to play properly. I'm on my own I guess or grateful for this blog site. Thx for any feedback.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:55 AM
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Walkman haha!! If you don't want to use a thumb drive for whatever reason then why not just stream Spotify or Amazon music from your phone with a hard wire? I think that Amazon's streaming quality is superior to Spotify but both are better than your typical mp3's that are compressed files. You just tell it what to play and away it goes. Technology is wonderful thing.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok Bchester6. Thanks. What that tells me is that if I can hard wire my android to the USB port (not my 1st choice) then there must be other devices/music players that will work. Now, if I can just get a list of compatible devices....
Old 03-25-2019, 03:56 PM
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Hardwiring is always going to be the best choice for sound quality. Bluetooth is cool in theory but is flawed in this respect. You can always download songs onto your phone and stream them as if it were a device dedicated to music