2003 TL CarPC, NO SOUND, PICS

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 2003 TL CarPC, NO SOUND, PICS

I am in process of changing the factory radio.

Finally took everything apart. unpluged two wires from back of radio (pic 2) . At shop they told me to get a acura stereo wire harnes at bestbuy. Ok, did that. connected the harness to the main stereo plug.. matches the wires with the once from new stereo, pluged everythign in.

Stereo gets power, and everything seems to be semi working.

I get no sound at all. No sighns from speackers no matter what I try...

Does any one have any ideas?? Need Help

This is the screen

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=130279987634

Old 02-21-2009, 11:05 PM
Instructor

did you turn the factory amp on? usually the reason for your situation is either

a)factory amplifier not turned on
b)one of the speaker leads is showing continuity to ground and the radios internal amplifier has shut down in an effort to protect itself. does any speaker "pop" when the radio is turned on? usually this pop comes from the speaker causing the issues.

that second harness is for steering wheel controls and factory subwoofer i believe.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:21 PM
2003 TL-p

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
they did give you the "metra" harness right? did you wire the speaker wires up to it right? did you get rid of the bose EQ box?

there could be an output setting on the head unit, the only amp you have to worry about turning on is the sub woofer. take a few more pics of what you did
Old 02-21-2009, 11:26 PM
2003 TL-p

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

this may help

https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/stock-wiring-harness-diagram-260399/

https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/keeping-factory-sub-when-adding-aftermarket-headunit-99-03-tl-326253/
Old 02-22-2009, 09:18 AM
Instructor

Smile

Originally Posted by rattmann316
did you turn the factory amp on? usually the reason for your situation is either

a)factory amplifier not turned on
b)one of the speaker leads is showing continuity to ground and the radios internal amplifier has shut down in an effort to protect itself. does any speaker "pop" when the radio is turned on? usually this pop comes from the speaker causing the issues.

that second harness is for steering wheel controls and factory subwoofer i believe.
hey,

Speakers do not pop or make any sound at all. Would you happen to know how do i turn on the factory amp? I was thinking about that as well

Originally Posted by gold2003tl (90)
they did give you the "metra" harness right? did you wire the speaker wires up to it right? did you get rid of the bose EQ box?

there could be an output setting on the head unit, the only amp you have to worry about turning on is the sub woofer. take a few more pics of what you did

I will take more detailed pictures today. I just came home yesterday after whole day of dealing with it wrote this thread and fell on the bed

The shop i asked at, guy said he will pair up the factory wires with the spereo wires, for 100$. Kinda felt it was abit over priced, since i already had everything apart and ready to go..

I was reading some where else online that the amp fuse might have went out.. Could that be a problem?
Old 02-22-2009, 12:40 PM
Intermediate

take the amp turn on lead from your new deck and connect it to the blue wire on your new harness that connects to the factory blue harness. this will turn on the factory bose amp and your will get sound.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Instructor

Smile

Originally Posted by 97rlegend
take the amp turn on lead from your new deck and connect it to the blue wire on your new harness that connects to the factory blue harness. this will turn on the factory bose amp and your will get sound.
Thanks!

I can't seem to figure out where is the "amp turn on lead" on the car stereo, this is the picture of it's harness.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Instructor

ok so not too while ago i try everything again, match the wires connect everything. Power down car completely. I start it up, radio
turns on i get sound in speakers, everything works great!

What stoped me from hearing it first time, was the orange wire. When orange wire is connected, (matched up with headunit orange) and the car headlights are on, speakers will get no sound.. but when u turn off the headlights completely, speakers work fine. I dissconnected the orange wire and everything was working.

I get super happy, disconnect everything, and shove it in the dashboard.. turn off the car, connect everything again, turn the key, power goes on for about 2 second, unit shuts down, and i was unable to get power to it again... I think it might have burned down... This just turned from best to worst days..
Old 03-02-2009, 10:26 PM
w202 on carlssons

Originally Posted by 97rlegend
i'm having same problem.. where do you find the amp power on wire on the factory harness. i really don't want to cut into that though. i'm hoping that one might magically appear so i just could plug it right in. =]
Old 03-03-2009, 08:21 AM
Instructor

Smile

Originally Posted by ll1l2l1l2lll
i'm having same problem.. where do you find the amp power on wire on the factory harness. i really don't want to cut into that though. i'm hoping that one might magically appear so i just could plug it right in. =]

Hey, my problem was the headlights, no idea how it's connected but when they were on there was no sound.

Also disconnect the yellow, on the meta harness wire completely and try everything again. see if that does anything
Old 03-03-2009, 08:38 AM
Instructor

did u get the meta harness? that way u dont have to cut anything

Old 03-04-2009, 02:48 AM
Intermediate

yea with the metra harness you won't have to cut any wires. on the metra packaging it may be listed as the power antenna wire.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Racer

your orange is your illumination trigger. getting no sound when having that connected is a bit weird, must be a grounding issue. unless your aftermarket deck is throwing different colors. but you have to make sure that your polarities are matching up. dont have a (+) connected to a (-) kinda thing.

your amp turn on wire is going to be a blue with white stripe out of your aftermarket deck, your blue is supposed to be a power antenna output - this only has power when in tuner mode.

our cars have high level inputs, no need for amp turn on, only amp you need to turn on is the sub amp, which is in that other harness along with your LOW/RCA level inputs for the sub amp as well.

if you have a harness just match up colors and make sure you make good connection, this car is a no brainer. 100 bucks is a bit high unless their wiring the sub connection in as well or adding in parts of their own. but that 100 bucks will also get you a working radio and looking good at the same time, a little piece of mind to go along. most times when you bring in stuff that has been "installed" incorrectly, the extra time to try and figure out wtf someone else was thinking can cost a bit more at times.

let us know if you have any more questions. and gl with the rest of the install.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ice2fire11
your orange is your illumination trigger. getting no sound when having that connected is a bit weird, must be a grounding issue. unless your aftermarket deck is throwing different colors. but you have to make sure that your polarities are matching up. dont have a (+) connected to a (-) kinda thing.

your amp turn on wire is going to be a blue with white stripe out of your aftermarket deck, your blue is supposed to be a power antenna output - this only has power when in tuner mode.

our cars have high level inputs, no need for amp turn on, only amp you need to turn on is the sub amp, which is in that other harness along with your LOW/RCA level inputs for the sub amp as well.

if you have a harness just match up colors and make sure you make good connection, this car is a no brainer. 100 bucks is a bit high unless their wiring the sub connection in as well or adding in parts of their own. but that 100 bucks will also get you a working radio and looking good at the same time, a little piece of mind to go along. most times when you bring in stuff that has been "installed" incorrectly, the extra time to try and figure out wtf someone else was thinking can cost a bit more at times.

let us know if you have any more questions. and gl with the rest of the install.

wish i had this info when i was setting up my aftermarket. thats some useful info there