2000 3.2tl Finished Install!!!PICS

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 03:34 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 3.2tl Finished Install!!!PICS

im not sure if anybody has seen pictures ive posted of my trunk. well this is the list of my audio system:
Alpine 9833 CD/MP3/XM
4 6.5inch Kenwood Excelon Mids and Highs
2 12inch Diamond CM3
1 600.1 Diamond D3
1 1.0 Farad Stinger Digital Capacitor
1 v35 Stinger extra battery
Stinger Battery Relay
Stinger 0 Gauge Wire
3 Sets of Stinger Roadkill Soundproof
Code Alarm w/ remote start & windows

Old 03-19-2005, 03:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Lookin GOOD!
Old 03-19-2005, 06:35 PM
Mobile Elec. Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks really good. How do you like the Kenwood Excelon speakers, we just picked them up and to be honest after looking at them i'm sort of curious about how they would sound in car.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:14 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

wow thats sexy
Old 03-19-2005, 08:29 PM
Banned

they are great for not being components. i have been very happy with them. i would recommend them to anyone. but depends what ur comparing them to.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:34 PM
El Presidente

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks slick bro!
Old 03-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Banned

thanks i appreciate the comments
it was a long process deciding equipment and what not. i have to say i love the end result! stay tuned for part 2 coming soon..................
Old 03-20-2005, 09:24 PM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Scott P
looks really good. How do you like the Kenwood Excelon speakers, we just picked them up and to be honest after looking at them i'm sort of curious about how they would sound in car.
I used to have the components in my old truck - I thought they were pretty good, but the tweeters blew pretty easily - I went through 4 or 5, though I did play them loud!
Old 03-21-2005, 10:54 AM
Banned

these arnt components. they arnt being amped. i have had great luck with them so far and i think they sound great!
Old 03-21-2005, 03:44 PM
04 remembrance

Yikes, now pump up the volume!
Old 03-21-2005, 06:35 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Very nice! Simple and clean - me likes I especially like how you mounted the cap!
Old 03-21-2005, 06:48 PM
Banned

thanks streeteffectz i was wondering when u were gonna check it out! haha
the shop that did my whole thing was AVE in Countryside,FL. i wouldnt bring it anywhere else around here. so they get the credit for the cap and what not. haha it took them 5 days to do everything. there a local shop over here by me and im in there at least couple days outa the week which is bad because i just keep buying shit. when is ur website gonna be up i wanna see pics.

ps:i got a few suprises for round 2 of audio project
Old 03-21-2005, 08:12 PM
Boomer SOONER

the only bad thing is you will get sick of not being able to use your trunk. my original setup was similar (though not as nice), so I changed it up a few weeks ago, now I can use my trunk and I am much happier. I bet those subs pound in that ported box! what is the size of the box?
Old 03-21-2005, 09:45 PM
givin the business

nice set up, praticality is out the door but the factor is thru the roof
Old 03-21-2005, 09:52 PM
El Presidente

Originally Posted by ou sig
the only bad thing is you will get sick of not being able to use your trunk. my original setup was similar (though not as nice), so I changed it up a few weeks ago, now I can use my trunk and I am much happier. I bet those subs pound in that ported box! what is the size of the box?

what's ur new setup like?
Old 03-21-2005, 11:04 PM
Banned

i get that allll the time but its really simple answer. before i had all this i just had a seal box for 2 12s and it was pretty big so i rarely put anything back there neways because i did not want to puncture the subs. only thing im missing now is my spare and jack and stuff. but oh well. if im going somewhere that takes more then an hour i just put it in the backseat behind the passenger seat.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:08 PM
Be Strong AND Courageous!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
mad phat!!! show car?
Old 03-21-2005, 11:12 PM
trill recognize trill

how much the install ran?
Old 03-22-2005, 12:58 AM
Boomer SOONER

Originally Posted by rolinacura19
i get that allll the time but its really simple answer. before i had all this i just had a seal box for 2 12s and it was pretty big so i rarely put anything back there neways because i did not want to puncture the subs. only thing im missing now is my spare and jack and stuff. but oh well. if im going somewhere that takes more then an hour i just put it in the backseat behind the passenger seat.
Very true, actually I still do that (put stuff in the backseat) most of the time. But the truck space does come in handy on road trips with a few people. I still think your install is very clean and one of the best I have seen (within reason). I just didnt have that kind of $$$ for the install...I spent all I had on the speakers and components themselves!

Originally Posted by Dark DJ
what's ur new setup like?
here is a picture of my trunk now.

and a new picture of my deck with the Metra kit (I never posted this one with my other pictures). Just to show everyone that the Metra kit looks nearly 100% stock when you wet sand it and put a few coats of flat black spray paint on it.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:01 AM
El Presidente

looks slick ou sig, i can't wait to get my new HU!!
Old 03-22-2005, 09:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DarkSithCL
mad phat!!! show car?
yes i go to alot of shows

see i cant do that just plan box in trunk thing anymore thats why i had to do this.

wait till stage 2 of audio project coming soon........
Old 03-22-2005, 09:56 AM
Boomer SOONER

see i cant do that just plan box in trunk thing anymore thats why i had to do this.
Well I cant see spending that much money on the looks of a system in the trunk. It all depends on what you want in the end. I wanted good sound and to be able to use the trunk and not break the bank for only looks, you wanted good sound and a show type setup - we both got what we wanted.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:14 AM
Banned

haha i see where your coming from
but if you have good equipment you want to have good quality install to in my opinion
Old 03-22-2005, 10:49 AM
Boomer SOONER

haha i see where your coming from
but if you have good equipment you want to have good quality install to in my opinion
I agree, but your install is of no more "quality" than mine - yours just shows everything in a much nicer way which is what you wanted in the first place (not really what I was going for. anyway, not a big deal we both got what we want out of our systems.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:01 PM
Banned

I agree, but your install is of no more "quality" than mine - yours just shows everything in a much nicer way which is what you wanted in the first place (not really what I was going for. anyway, not a big deal we both got what we want out of our systems.

haha ok now your just getting silly. your not comparing apples with apples. you have a sealed box that the subs are not even. they are not even in the center of the box. your comparing that to a trunk that does not have 1 piece of oem in it. everything you see was fabricated from scratch. im not sure how you figure that is of the same "quality". yes it is showing everything in a much nicer way but that would also mean it is made of better quality. if you gut everything out and just go box for if that is what you are talking about i dont think the sealed box that dosnt apear even on all the angles(there is a gap in bottom from floor to box) i dont think that box is better quality then my ported box specifically built for my subs that was designed by DIAMOND. sorry for the rambling but that was ridiculous comment
Old 03-22-2005, 03:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
love the trunk... nice setup!
Old 03-22-2005, 03:32 PM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks great. I'm assuming the shop knocked a few hundred bucks off the price so they could put a giant ad back there?

I agree, but your install is of no more "quality" than mine
Old 03-22-2005, 03:46 PM
Banned

haha thanks for the comments BEETROOT. haha ya isnt that guy funny i think that was the same puzzled face i had when i read that!
Old 03-22-2005, 04:26 PM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

That system Looks Crazy Clean... nice install..

I'm doing a stupid large setup in my car right now.. I will be able to get to my stock jack ( after removing a few cover pieces... ) but my tire's gone too.. I have solved that problem by getting the numbers of a bunch of my fellow TLers from my area... If my car pop's a tire, I'll jack it up on the stock jack and call everyone of them untill a tire gets there
Old 03-22-2005, 04:53 PM
Boomer SOONER

haha thanks for the comments BEETROOT. haha ya isnt that guy funny i think that was the same puzzled face i had when i read that!
wow you are a fucking douche bag...obviously yours looks better, and for your information, I moved the box and the front panel back myself because it originally looked like this...

and like I said, I wanted to be able to have some trunk space for road trips...so I took the original box and moved it myself - I could give a rats ass if I have a small gap at the bottom so get off your high horse and quit acting like you know everything. I was talking about SOUND QUALITY not look quality - so if you look at it that way, I was right.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:55 PM
Mobile Elec. Guru

haha ok now your just getting silly. your not comparing apples with apples. you have a sealed box that the subs are not even. they are not even in the center of the box. your comparing that to a trunk that does not have 1 piece of oem in it. everything you see was fabricated from scratch. im not sure how you figure that is of the same "quality". yes it is showing everything in a much nicer way but that would also mean it is made of better quality. if you gut everything out and just go box for if that is what you are talking about i dont think the sealed box that dosnt apear even on all the angles(there is a gap in bottom from floor to box) i dont think that box is better quality then my ported box specifically built for my subs that was designed by DIAMOND. sorry for the rambling but that was ridiculous comment
perhaps you've missed the defination of quality. I have seen customers come rolling in with water logged 1/2" playwood boxes. that is poor quality. As for the bickering, you are arguing about something subjective. Both boxes are of quality builds. no yours is not of anymore quality build b/c someone followed the specs that came with the sub when they built the box. I mean by that logic my box is the most quality one out of anyone's on this board b/c i got on the phone and talkind to the owner of the company whose sub i built my box for. never mind that it isn't as aesthetically appealing as yours. it's more quality.

You see the flaw in that logic? Quality and aesthitics do not go hand in hand, in fact they don't really belong in the same sentance most of the time. That being said, yes you have a very nice looking lay out in your trunk. Not quite my cup of tea, but then i build that crap for peaopl every day so like the challenge of being able to build good looking lines while keeping as close to 100% funtionality of a trunk as possible. Alas most people don't like paying for that b/c it isn't always as flashy. . .
Old 03-22-2005, 07:23 PM
Banned

haha ur system originally looked like shit too. "could give a rats ass if I have a small gap at the bottom"=GREAT QUALITY AND I BET A BOX THAT ISNT PERFECTLY LEVEL SOUNDS AWESOMEEEEEE!!!!

"no yours is not of anymore quality build b/c someone followed the specs that came with the sub when they built the box."=WOW I BET YOUR GREAT AT YOUR JOB!!HOW CAN U SAY A DIAMOND DESIGNED BOX TO HIT AT ALL BASS LEVELS AND PRETTY MUCH GET NASTY IN THAT BOX, IS THE SAME QUALITY OF A BOX THAT HAS SUBS THAT ARE NOT EVEN IN THE MIDDLE!!!!!

thank you all for your comments prior do these two geniuses!
Old 03-22-2005, 07:30 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
haha ur system originally looked like shit too. "could give a rats ass if I have a small gap at the bottom"=GREAT QUALITY AND I BET A BOX THAT ISNT PERFECTLY LEVEL SOUNDS AWESOMEEEEEE!!!!

"no yours is not of anymore quality build b/c someone followed the specs that came with the sub when they built the box."=WOW I BET YOUR GREAT AT YOUR JOB!!HOW CAN U SAY A DIAMOND DESIGNED BOX TO HIT AT ALL BASS LEVELS AND PRETTY MUCH GET NASTY IN THAT BOX, IS THE SAME QUALITY OF A BOX THAT HAS SUBS THAT ARE NOT EVEN IN THE MIDDLE!!!!!

OK, that's it... I'm afraid that your "!" and Caps Lock keys are now confiscated for the rest of the season. Remedial Spelling meets after school, in study hall. Then you can go to Grammar and Sentence Structure, then to English Composition, and then maybe I can understand WTF you are trying to say.

But for now, just stop using those two keys, please...
Old 03-22-2005, 07:53 PM
Banned

why are you making a post on a thread that has nothing to do with the topic? im not sure why you cant understand what im saying unless your just dumb? unless that was suppose to be a funny joke? not sure
Old 03-22-2005, 08:08 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
That's it... I'm dumb. That, and I need you to tell me that I'm dumb...
Old 03-22-2005, 08:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by elduderino
That's it... I'm dumb. That, and I need you to tell me that I'm dumb...

hmmmm is there a point for you to be speaking to me?
Old 03-22-2005, 08:40 PM
o-qua tangin wann

Old 03-22-2005, 08:42 PM
El Presidente

Originally Posted by bigblazinboot

Old 03-22-2005, 08:50 PM
Banned

i guess all the previous comments were not argueing ether.......
Old 03-22-2005, 08:52 PM
o-qua tangin wann

i guess all the previous comments were not argueing ether.......

it was directed to you

Quick Reply: 2000 3.2tl Finished Install!!!PICS