04TSX+BlitzSafe DMX V2 Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 06:57 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04TSX+BlitzSafe DMX V2 Help

Hi, i have read through all the DIY Faq and i could find the answer.

I purchased a Blitzsafe DMX Hon/aux V2 for my 04 tsx w/ nav.

The instruction just say unplug the 14pin connector from head unit with radio power off and car off. plug the DMX 14pin in the head unit, then plug original 14pin plug into the DMX female plug. then just start the car and radio should show aux input will be working.

I did all that and when i press the cd/aux key, nothing happen, it is still playing CD regardless how i press the cd/aux key.

Anyone can please help??

Thanks
Old 12-16-2005, 07:02 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Try unplugging it and plugging it back in.

Make sure that your door-closed retained-accessory power isn't keeping things powered up.

But it's pretty foolproof for the installer. YOu don't seem to be ale to do anything wrong...
Old 12-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Intermediate

Yes, only thing i can suspect is the unit being defected.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:30 PM
Cruisin'

I just got the Blitzsafe DMX v2 installed in my 04 TSX w/Nav and I have that problem intermittently. It's driving me crazy. It seems to happen when I leave the radio on one of the other inputs (like FM), then when I try to go to aux by pressing the CD/Aux button, it won't get out of CD mode, or even when I try to hit the mode button on the steering wheel, it won't go to Aux (CD-C) mode. Then if I turn the car off and take the key out of the ignition, it usually works. VERY annoying.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:12 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ScoHo
I just got the Blitzsafe DMX v2 installed in my 04 TSX w/Nav and I have that problem intermittently. It's driving me crazy. It seems to happen when I leave the radio on one of the other inputs (like FM), then when I try to go to aux by pressing the CD/Aux button, it won't get out of CD mode, or even when I try to hit the mode button on the steering wheel, it won't go to Aux (CD-C) mode. Then if I turn the car off and take the key out of the ignition, it usually works. VERY annoying.

So does it mean it works once a while for you? or not working at ALL??

Thanks
Old 12-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Cruisin'

It works more often than not. When it doesn't work (1 out of about 5 times I turn the car on), when I turn the car of and start it again it usually fixes itself.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:45 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ScoHo
I have the same problem with Blitzsafe - HON/M-Link1 V.2.. I'll try unplugging and plugging it back in...
Old 12-21-2005, 02:43 AM
Intermediate

Update:
I got it working, finally. The unit is not bad, but is the way to activate the CD-C is tricky.

1 have to have radio off.
2. before you turn off must be in FM 1 or 2, not AM or CD. Don't know why, but i tried 20 times. and only FM works.
3. turn car off.
4. right after turn car on, with radio off and previous selection was on FM, press the cd/aux real fast 2~3 times. then will work, but once you turn off radio with the setting on either FM or AM, you can't go back to CD-C mode unless you restart the car and with FM as the previous setting and of course turn off the radio before you turn car off and unplug key.

This is strange. Maybe there is better solution for this, but through 20~25 tries, this is the only way i can get it working. It is really not a good product if you can't change to what ever setting and knowing the aux input will function as it should anytime.

Might thinking of returning for refund and switch to a PIE kit. Who else can tell me that this model works without all those hassle. Is it something i did wrong?

Thanks
Old 12-24-2005, 10:18 AM
Instructor

I have the 05 TSX with XM. I could not always get the Aux switch to move to CD-C - it often only goes to XM1 or XM2. Since I wasn't going to get XM anyway, I disconnected the XM antenna (right side of trunk under liner). Now, even if the switch doesn't go to CD-C, I still get the same sound as if it did - just the screen is wrong. I spoke to Blitzsafe who is still testing an unit to be used with XM. They're going to swap it out for the new version when it is ready since I have gone through 3 of these units with none of them working perfectly. At least now, the only real issue is what the screen says, although you shouldn't need to disconnect your XM antenna.

BTW...I tried disconnecting the XM plug from the XM module in the trunk. Sometimes the Aux button would go to CD-C, but sometimes it wouldn't, meaning I could not switch to anything on the Aux source.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:07 PM
Cruisin'

I actually had a case yesterday where the audio of my Sirius suddenly cut out while driving. Then I couldn't get back to CD-C until I stopped the car and restarted. I'm starting to realize this Blitzsafe adapter has some major bugs.