'03 Stock sound system plus sub

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 11:27 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 Stock sound system plus sub

I know this question was just recently asked. But I was wondering if it might be different with the 2003. I was kinda hoping that maybe the stock amp that is used in the '03 CL-s would be the same as the 03 TL. Because that car stock has a sub. I really don't want to put anything in that is going to take up more space. (I got away from that, when I sold my civic) I just need more. But take up NO space. Hopefully something stock-ish.

Thanks!
Old 02-25-2003, 07:50 AM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From what I heard, the TL has a seperated little amp for the sub.

Please keep this in mind. The TL and CL systems are completely different.

TL: 4 full-range door speakers - 1 sub - no tweeters - EQ equiped - 2 amps
CL: 2 door mid-range door speakers - 2 full-range 6x9 on the deck - 2 tweeters - no sub - no EQ - 1 amp.

Unless you are to replace everything in your CL with a TL's system, otherwise, it wont work.
BTW, why bother with the Bose shit? Get a Basslink.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:52 PM
Busy Living

If you find out any more into on this, please post your findings.
Old 02-26-2003, 09:49 AM
MP90 uninstalled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the same problems with the BOSE audio system; not enough bass! Not even near as much as what my stock 95' EX Accord had. I would think that The 6.5" woofers and 6x9" speakers could produce more bass if they were recieving the full range of audio. seems like there is a low frequency eliminating crossover somewhere for the front speakers. I have read almost every single post in the A/V Electronics forum and still have some questions left unanswered. I currently have a letter into BOSE and am awaiting a response;

Letter:
.................................................. .........................

Hello,
I have just purchased a 2003 Acura CL-S 6-speed and I have a few technical questions about your system that I figured only you could accurately answer.

-What is the RMS (power capacity) for each BOSE speaker in my Acura CL-S?

-If and where are any crossovers (capacitors) located between the BOSE amp in the trunk and the component speakers (6.5"woofer and 1"tweeter) in the driver and passenger doors?

-If there are crossovers in-line or in the amp (which?) at what frequency is the crossover set? For the Front and Rear?

-Is there some kind of crossover in the system that eliminates some of the ultra-low frequencies for the front component speakers? The 6x9's in the rear deck-lid produce significant ultra-low frequency (rap type bass 50Hz) while the 6.5" woofers in the doors produce none.

-What is the power output for the factory Pioneer Deck? I know that the BOSE amp is rated at 25watts x 4 @ 2 Ohm. Is this correct?

-What are the frequency ranges of the BOSE speakers? What frequency range are they capable of reproducing with the BOSE amp? What about with a high-end aftermarket amp?

Thank you so much for your time and help in this matter. While I understand I am asking a lot of questions your help would be greatly appreciated.

.................................................. ................

Any information relative to these questions from forum members would be appreciated.

I saw a post where one of you had placed an equalizer in-line between the Pioneer/factory deck and the BOSE amp. What kind of high/low adapters were used? How many, what type, (deck)High level to low level RCA to high level(amp)? How? I would like to know specifically what kind of gains in low end frequency response you experienced with the stock amp, stock speakers, and aftermarket EQ. How much better? Just better or awesome? Is it worth the $250 or should I just buy a new high end amp for the stock speakers?

In addition, I want to add a sub with sound levels equal or better than the bass from the stock sub in the Acura TL. Where and with what does anyone recommend those levels can be achieved?

The set up I am considering is to put an EQ between the BOSE amp and the Pioneer/Stock deck and then adding a sub with a high pass to low pass converter from the high outputs on the BOSE amp.

Thanks for any help.
Jim
Old 02-26-2003, 10:36 AM
Busy Living

seriously, give this a try http://www.crutchfield.com/S-gUiEYm...asp?i=113WA62RC
Old 02-26-2003, 10:37 AM
Busy Living

http://www.carsound.com/reviews/subs/wOOx.html
Old 02-26-2003, 10:38 AM
Busy Living

http://www.epinions.com/614998_Kenwo...splay_~reviews
Old 02-26-2003, 01:52 PM
MP90 uninstalled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thanks for the references beerknurd.

All help is appreciatied.
The wOOx looks pretty nice. might have to check it out.
thanks again,
Jim