VANCOUVER CANADA: Victor Ghirra annual toy drive

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008 | 02:04 AM
BcPerformanceGroup.com

VANCOUVER CANADA: Victor Ghirra annual toy drive

Hey Everyone,

I've been looking around for a few things we could do this holiday season as a group to help out our communities. I found something that I think will fit perfectly, it's the VICTOR GHIRRA CHRISTMAS TOY DRIVE.

How It Started

This Toy Drive started to pay tribute to the legacy of the man with a goldenheart: Victor Ghirra. Victor is not with us today, but looking around and seeing all the generousity from people in the community; his spirit is still with us. Victor had a big heart. He donated thousands of dollars worth of toys to Children's Hospital for over 14 years. Whenever they asked: “Who are you? Which organization are you from?” He would say: "It doesn't matter who I am, those toys are for the kids and that's all you need to know." The touching part of this story is that Victor never told anyone about it. Individuals close to him did not even know about this good deed.

Info on the Toy Drive

Where: Riverside - Palace Banquet Hall 14500 River Road Richmond BC

When: Drop off unwrapped toys from December 1st to December 13th
( best date for us will likely be December 13 between 1 - 5pm, this is the day they will be having the actual event, food/mingling etc )

What: unwrapped toys for children, target age is from 8 - 14yrs old

Who: It's open to anyone and everyone

Why: Why not!

How: I already said how, read above

The toys will be evenly distributed to: Children’s Hospital, Lower Mainland Salvation Army and the Lower Mainland Christmas Bureau.

We always seem to find that extra little bit of cash for the car parts we have been dreaming of, why not spend just that little bit on some children and make their Christmas wishes come true.

I suggest we do a pre-meet, somewhere in Richmond on December 13th, so we can go together as group.

Meeting Place & Time
Lansdowne Shopping Center 100-5300 No. 3 Road, Richmond
More specifically: in front of Best Buy, the corner lot on No. 3 road and Lansdowne Rd
Time: From 1pm to 1:30pm please be on time if not contact Isher at 604-817-5277