Oregon Members Check In!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
lets meet up some place that'll look good on pictures. industry or tech building areas. any suggestions?
Old 06-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hm. there are good places down in the grungy industrial area of SE where i took a lot of pictures on my own...

on a side note, anyone besides minkl in the area ever do the TL switchblade key mod? i've got one sitting here, uncut and unprogrammed, and am having trouble finding anyone to do it. acura of portland wants 120 to cut and program. ron tonkin wants 95 to cut and program...

and the only other place i found that *thought* they could do it was AA express, on 97th and burnside. he'll cut my key for free, and is "fairly certain" he can program the chip for my immobilizer. if it doesn't work, i've got a very expensive and useless key
Old 06-16-2007, 12:10 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ruffellprefley
hm. there are good places down in the grungy industrial area of SE where i took a lot of pictures on my own...

on a side note, anyone besides minkl in the area ever do the TL switchblade key mod? i've got one sitting here, uncut and unprogrammed, and am having trouble finding anyone to do it. acura of portland wants 120 to cut and program. ron tonkin wants 95 to cut and program...

and the only other place i found that *thought* they could do it was AA express, on 97th and burnside. he'll cut my key for free, and is "fairly certain" he can program the chip for my immobilizer. if it doesn't work, i've got a very expensive and useless key

did u try allen auto lock? look through yellow pages. some states they can program the chipped keys. if you find no luck, i'll do the "moda way's tl key mod" for you. its exchanging your existing chip inside the key to the tl blade key.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by minkl81
did u try allen auto lock? look through yellow pages. some states they can program the chipped keys. if you find no luck, i'll do the "moda way's tl key mod" for you. its exchanging your existing chip inside the key to the tl blade key.

i can't find allen auto lock online or anything..
Old 06-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
For the 14th, ill be in seattle at the hondatech meet. Hope to see some others from oregon there.
It would also be nice for a meet in Portland too, seems like we have enough people in the area.

minkl81 you get your roof spoiler yet?
Old 06-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Safety Car

i can't find allen auto lock online or anything..

oh .. my bad.. it wasn't allen auto lock. its davis auto lock. here's the link to direct website and address

Davis Lock & Safe Incorporated
170th & Tualatin Valley Hwy
Beaverton, OR 97006
(503) 644-0825

http://www.davislock.com/
Old 06-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by sT04Louis
For the 14th, ill be in seattle at the hondatech meet. Hope to see some others from oregon there.
It would also be nice for a meet in Portland too, seems like we have enough people in the area.

minkl81 you get your roof spoiler yet?

i'll be receiving them by monday. cf trims coming tuesday & all season mats on wednesday. h-tech springs should arrived at speed concept yesterday. progress rsb's on backorder for 2~3 weeks again.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

i'll be receiving them by monday. cf trims coming tuesday & all season mats on wednesday. h-tech springs should arrived at speed concept yesterday. progress rsb's on backorder for 2~3 weeks again.

"ohh im not gonna mod my TL''

Cant wait to see it
Old 06-17-2007, 11:38 PM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
mink - did you get your h-techs put on yet? If so how's the ride??? I want to get some but I am afraid of a harsh ride lol
Old 06-17-2007, 11:47 PM
Burning Brakes

for those (with a tsx still) wanting to do the tl switchblade key mod, i found a place locally that'll cut and program

AA Express Car Openers
110 SE 97th Ave.
Portland, OR 97216
(503)251-2751

ask for Steve. he cut my key free and programmed for $50. i called about every locksmith in the book, including davis auto lock that minkl recommended.

most didn't do transponder keys. davis auto lock was REALLY rude about it over the phone, as were several other locksmiths. there was even one that said that to program the key would be a five HUNDRED dollar charge.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:49 PM
Burning Brakes

at any rate, july 14/15 sounds like a good plan to me. should we finalize between the 2 of those soon? or would the 21st or 28th work better for anyone?
Old 06-18-2007, 01:51 AM
Racer

Hey ruffellprefley, I got a question about the entire switchblade process.

So from what I can kinda pick up, if I want the mod, I will have to do the following:

1. buy TL switchblade key off of ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...em290126425444
^here's the link if anyone is interested.

2. Go to AA Express to get said key cut and programmed (do I have to provide my key code?)

3. See if it works

4. Show off to friends

Sounds about right? Will the original key still work? I'm really interested in this. All this work cost roughly 100 dollars total. Not expensive but certainly not inexpensive for what it is.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Zyuan10
Hey ruffellprefley, I got a question about the entire switchblade process.

So from what I can kinda pick up, if I want the mod, I will have to do the following:

1. buy TL switchblade key off of ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...em290126425444
^here's the link if anyone is interested.

2. Go to AA Express to get said key cut and programmed (do I have to provide my key code?)

3. See if it works

4. Show off to friends

Sounds about right? Will the original key still work? I'm really interested in this. All this work cost roughly 100 dollars total. Not expensive but certainly not inexpensive for what it is.
not quite. between your steps 1 and 2 you need to send your key to fblusa (a vendor on the forum) to have that tl switchblade milled down to be a "blank" for the tsx. alternatively, you can have him just send you a pre-milled blank for $95 instead of getting one on your own and sending it to him. this is what i did.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by clee109
mink - did you get your h-techs put on yet? If so how's the ride??? I want to get some but I am afraid of a harsh ride lol

not yet. gonna wait till progress rsb comes in and install at once. h-tech should give similar ride like aspec suspensions. it'll be softest spring setting or you can go with tanabe sustec pro coils. btw my tls's ride is pretty harsh already compared to tsx.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Safety Car

not quite. between your steps 1 and 2 you need to send your key to fblusa (a vendor on the forum) to have that tl switchblade milled down to be a "blank" for the tsx. alternatively, you can have him just send you a pre-milled blank for $95 instead of getting one on your own and sending it to him. this is what i did.

also acura of escondido sells milled version of tl blade keys. $95 shipped so its same price as FBlusa. when i got mine they had pretty long wait time so i got mine from aofe

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acura...QQcmdZViewItem

if you want to save some $$ for programming, you can do it yourself by transferring immobilizer. click on the link for "DIY - TL Blade Key"

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...hlight=hondata
Old 06-18-2007, 08:15 PM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm in all over the area but mostly Cedar Hills... I've done a photo shoot by myself over in the Pearl District near DF restaurant... check out the pics...

One more...

This might be a good place to shoot? I'm good for a meet, Saturday is good for me, I'll be checking in to see if we decide on a place,,,

Hey sT04Louis: Is that the Best Buy Parking lot right off I-5 in Tualatin? I was just there looking for a Wii....
Old 06-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Ha, yep sure is. My dad is the one who actually did all the blueprint work on all that development. I tried going there at night to get some pics...but securi-nazi turned me away.

Your last pic there is exactly where i "sealed-the-deal" on my car with the guy i bought it from.
Awesome pics...cant wait for bridgeport, i really need to get off my ass and go talk to the security there.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:47 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by PPLAPW
Hey sT04Louis: Is that the Best Buy Parking lot right off I-5 in Tualatin? I was just there looking for a Wii....
wii's are still sold out places? sheesh... i got one, kind of bored with it now.. wanna buy it from me?!? pm if so..

but yeah, i think the pearl district would look pretty sick. maybe streets of tanasbourne (sp?) for night shots, that would be pretty cool. i bet multnomah falls area would be sweet for some nature stuff
Old 06-20-2007, 02:09 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

We need to get you modded for the bridgeport shoot
Old 06-20-2007, 09:15 PM
I Quit

so any update on a location or set date yet?
Old 06-20-2007, 11:24 PM
Racer

I finally got tints!

Camera phone doesn't do the car justice... plus I can't wash the car for a week.

I'm not exactly sure what I'm NOT supposed to do for the first few days while the tint sets in. The guy said a lot of things and quite fast before walking away to help someone so I didn't pick up some stuff.

1. Do NOT roll down windows
2. Do NOT wash the car for one week
3. Do NOT use ammonia-based cleaner

Am I missing anything here? I don't want it to peel or melt or bubble up or scratch

and Portland is gonna have shitty weather for the next few days so I hope that won't affect anything

But anyways... this will technically be my second mod haha.

My first was removing the front license plate holder , courtesy of Clee109
I seriously intend to keep it off for as long as I can. Do you know just how many times hotter and cleaner a car looks on the front without the front plate?! It's unbelievable.

As for locations... I seriously have no idea. Multnomah falls sounds great but...farrrrr (at least I think so).
Old 06-21-2007, 11:04 AM
I Quit

tints look good! You can wash the outside of the car all you want. You can't wash the windows for 48 - 72 hours. For a glass cleaner an amonia based cleaner is bad (windex, etc...) but I use Stoner Invisible Glass Cleaner and it rocks. Also you can't roll the windows down for 48 - 72 hours and park the car in the sun as much as the weather permits.

Shouldn't get harassed about the plate because the police wont notice an unmodded car lol. Front plate tickets are usually just added on if you are caught for speeding or something else like that.

Yeah the weather is gonna blow for a while, about a week it seems. Multnomah falls is a deep drive, and our cars will get bugs all over them on the way lol. I still think night shots at bridgeport would be cool, or go down to the pearl district. Or hit up the top of one of the parking garages downtown. Maybe drive up to Jantzen Beach area and get some shops in the industrial areas or along the columbia
Old 06-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Safety Car

i've been pulled over for not having front license plate. luckly no ticket. but a day before i got pulled over, my friend got ticketed for no front plate. ticket was about $90 and it'll stay in your driving record for three years. also two of other friends have been pulled over and ticketed for no front plate. cops say state law is to have license plates at the farthest ends of a vehicle (front/rear).

i had no trouble for close to six years without front license plate but starting from last year they're getting really strict about it. acura/honda cars look much better without bulging front plate holder but i'm not risking it anymore after several incidents.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Racer

i drove around with no license plate on my 00 accord for about two years in the beaverton/portland area, no trouble from cops. two months in corvallis, i get pulled over three times: speeding, excessive noise (alpine type r sub ), and no front license plate. the license plate was a fix-it ticket though.. so it became a $10 court fee instead.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:09 PM
I Quit

lol corvallis is evil. The most true college town ever and the police are real dicks because of it. Friend got a MIP 5 times there and one 3 days before he turned 21. During my 2 college years south of Portland I just stayed in Eugene. Eugene cops are chill lol. Had tinted tails and heads on my MDX at the time and never once pulled over. Also had a Alpine Type R sub in it still no ticket.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:07 AM
Safety Car

cops around osu pulls you over for anything.

my tl looks so odd with front plate. i would take it off if i don't go out to downtown during weekend nights where cops are everywhere ready to pull you over.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:09 AM
Burning Brakes

cops around osu pulls you over for anything.

my tl looks so odd with front plate. i would take it off if i don't go out to downtown during weekend nights where cops are everywhere ready to pull you over.
is there a relocation mod you could do?
Old 06-22-2007, 11:51 AM
Racer

cops say state law is to have license plates at the farthest ends of a vehicle (front/rear).
so having the plate in your front windshield really doesnt help from getting you pulled over.. does it? cops could still do it if they really wanted to?
Old 06-22-2007, 12:17 PM
I Quit

Yep plate in the front window makes them more angry than no plate at all. Also, if you got in a head on wreck do you want a piece of sheet metal coming at your neck? lol Honestly though, an unmodded car with no plate is not going to draw attention. If you aren't speeding or driving irratically or have exhaust and body kits blah blah no one will even pay attention.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:00 PM
Racer

the front license plate law is stupid. What hazard does it possibly pose to other drivers around you or yourself for not having it? Those radar cameras capture the back as well as the front right? so either way, they still got your plate number -_-. It's just so...unnecessary (probably like a lot of other laws that I don't know about).

*ahem* anyways... Looks like today is when the weather will start bitching instead of yesterday. Does anyone know of any area near water with background of the city? (waterfront?) I like those kind of backgrounds and scenery ^_^ so possibly like "border" areas of Portland/Vancouver. I was thinking of University of Portland earlier since they have a big parking lot and nice natural scenery but uhh... kinda boring there and far haha. Not to mention the public safety dept there is a huge pain in the ass.

So yea... location and date is all up to you guys to decide. I'll just join in whenever/whatever is set.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:00 PM
I Quit

Mink- Was at RT Acura today droppin off my car for some warranty work and saw yours sitting there. 27, 495 is what they are asking for it! WOW! lol hope you got somewhat close to that on the trade. Sad to see it there, such a nice TSX, should have traded your wheels to me for my stockies =P LOL.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by clee109
Mink- Was at RT Acura today droppin off my car for some warranty work and saw yours sitting there. 27, 495 is what they are asking for it! WOW! lol hope you got somewhat close to that on the trade. Sad to see it there, such a nice TSX, should have traded your wheels to me for my stockies =P LOL.

i knew they were going to post it around that price. i think that's kbb retail price but who's gonna grab it at that price?? unless they really fall in love with partial jdm kit and enkei rpm.

how about top floor of psu parking garages (either structure #1 or #3)
Old 06-23-2007, 12:37 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

uuuugh oooohhh

Old 06-23-2007, 11:53 AM
I Quit

^^Pimpin
Old 06-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Safety Car

where you gonna get it installed? if i have to buy another coilovers, i'll go with tein comfort sport
Old 06-24-2007, 04:45 AM
Racer

how about top floor of psu parking garages (either structure #1 or #3)
night or day? i think the pdx skyline at night might be pretty sweet..
Old 06-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Safety Car

probably afternoon/night. parking garage is usually full during daytime.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Burning Brakes

anyone know how the lighting is on the top floor?
Old 06-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Racer

never been. but are there any parking garages open on the top floor? like no cover? washington square's parking garage near nordstroms is like that, but tigard isnt that scenic
Old 06-25-2007, 10:06 PM
Safety Car

most of the smart parks + psu parking garages have no cover. these are quick snap shots i took long time ago @ psu parking garage.

Quick Reply: Oregon Members Check In!!