Memorial Day Car Show In Virginia Beach! May 26, 2008

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 02:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do we each need to fill one of the registration forms out? i'm just coming for team support, half my front bumper's paint is chipping off so im not entering the show..
Old 05-20-2008, 03:40 PM
FEEL MY FLOW

Originally Posted by bigeshorte45
do we each need to fill one of the registration forms out? i'm just coming for team support, half my front bumper's paint is chipping off so im not entering the show..
If you aren't going to enter, you won't need to worry about the registration form. If you want a shirt, you can just send me that info seperately.
If you change your mind and want to enter to help us get the "best team" trophy you can fill it out and send it to either me or Jeff. (we can always help you hide the bumper paint if that's the only issue.) It's all in how you position the cars and where you put stuff like banners/signs/etc. I think we have to hide a dent for Faiz too.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
If you guys could fill out the info on the preregistration form and email it to me at jsnow81@cox.net that would be great. This will make registration at the show 100 times easier. I am going to make a form and fill out the info you provide.
Taylor...you really should enter the show man. The more we have from out team, the better chances we have to win best team. Your car will be fine to enter, and like Mike said, we can position it so you won't be able to tell as much. Also, with SSM on a sunny day, you can hardly notice rock chips anyway. They're way more noticeable in the shade.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Update

I have all the info for the registration forms except for:

Evader
ballinfizzile89
lilvinnyb
Pearl TL-S
Glen Marley
ryebreadisme
C Lo SWIFT
rooki

Can you guys please pm or email me the info on that form that Diamond Blues Posted?

jsnow81@cox.net

Also, anyone that wants shirts please let Mike know so he can get them before the show (if possible)

Last edited by snowman81; 05-20-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:49 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Originally Posted by snowman81
As far as meeting up, what does everyone think about meeting there about 9:45-10:00. I don't think we need to be there much earlier than that since we are literally 2 minutes from the show and we don't have to be the very first ones in, just close to it. If we leave the parking lot at 10:15, we should be fine. This will also give us plenty of time before the show starts to make sure our cars are CLEAN! I tend to overplan things, so if anyone thinks this is too much, let me know.
That time sounds good Jeff. Not too early, not too late.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:59 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Originally Posted by snowman81
I have all the info for the registration forms except for:

Evader
ballinfizzile89
lilvinnyb
Pearl TL-S
Glen Marley
ryebreadisme
C Lo SWIFT
rooki

Can you guys please pm or email me the info on that form that Diamond Blues Posted?

jsnow81@cox.net

Also, anyone that wants shirts please let Mike know so he can get them before the show (if possible)
Jeff, thanks for filling out my form for me. Do we just bring the money the day of then too?
Old 05-20-2008, 09:03 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Everybody coming from the Penisula, if we can organize it, do we want to roll up I-64 together? Maybe we can meet in the Wal-Mart parking lot.

Everyone from Richmond and up that way, if you want to join us, cool, or we can catch you as you drive by on the interstate if you want. We can just use phones to let us know when you are close. Like tell us when you hit the Fort Eustis Blvd. exit.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:07 PM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
DOC IM GAME TO CATCH UP JUST GOT TO LET ME KNOW WERE TO GO...

AND I NEED TO MAKE SURE THE REST OF THE CONVOY IS GAME.
SO ARE U GUYS?

Last edited by OneWickedTypeS; 05-20-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:13 PM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

Richmond Peoples Do We Want To Meet Up At Foodlion At 8 Am And Leave Bout 8:15?

If Not Im Open To Suggestions...
Old 05-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

that same food lion we met up for the "mod meet"? i'm game for anything i really don't care...
Jeff, thanks for the support, i will enter but its not just "rock chips" its probably about relevant to a ..... brick and a half.... haha thats the only thing i can think of... when i bought the car last summer it was spotless, soon to realize the guy who sold it to me had gotten a 5 dollar paint job to the front bumper and you can rub your hand across the bumper and the paint will come off all over your hand.... so now i gotta find a good place around richmond when i work up some cash to get it cleaned up... bastards!
Old 05-20-2008, 11:35 PM
8th Gear

I'll be there

New to the site and I just found this thread a few minutes ago. Count me in. Can we register on the day of the event or do we have to pre-register? Add me to the list of participants.

Brando B - Brando - 2003 Silver CL-S

Thanks,
Brando
Old 05-20-2008, 11:41 PM
Advanced

fellas...for everyone coming from norfolk/chesapeake/va beach...any word on meeting up?
Old 05-20-2008, 11:46 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
1. OneWickedTypeS -Steve- ENTER FOR TEAM SUPPORT
2. Diamondblues -Mike-
3. ballinfizzle89- Faiz -
4. snowman81 - Jeff -
5. Doc's TL-S - Dave - (Notice that I removed some negativity! Not good for morale.)
6. t0talacuratl- Adrian
7. Pearl TL-S - Eric (I need to get more foglights hopefully before this!!!!)
8. goldenchild626- Shawn (hopefully wont be only 7th gen accord) (try to get Adam and his accord)
9. NavyTL - Derrick - Like Steve will be there for team support. If i am not working
10. bigeshorte45 - Taylor - ^team support baby
11. AcuraJ32A - Josh
12. ryebreadisme - rolling with Faiz and Taylor (bogshorte), and Steve. Probably just support. + maybe some friends?
13. KHS 1021 - Ken
14. C Lo SWIFT - Carlos
15. rooki- jordan
16. EVADER-
17. lilvinnyb -
18. Glen Marley - Glen or Marley...either one - 2003 2G Silver TL-S
19. Brando B 05 CLS

Welcome Brando!
Old 05-20-2008, 11:49 PM
FizzyStatus!

Originally Posted by diamondblues
If you aren't going to enter, you won't need to worry about the registration form. If you want a shirt, you can just send me that info seperately.
If you change your mind and want to enter to help us get the "best team" trophy you can fill it out and send it to either me or Jeff. (we can always help you hide the bumper paint if that's the only issue.) It's all in how you position the cars and where you put stuff like banners/signs/etc. I think we have to hide a dent for Faiz too.

Hahaha mannn

Don't worry thought..its not THAT bad hahah.

Few questions though-

Do you know the Class rankings for trophies? Just wondering haha I didn't know it would be like a car show competition haha I thought it was just to show. That's cool though. Whose going to be judging?
Old 05-21-2008, 12:39 AM
Autobots Roll Out!!!

Originally Posted by ballinfizzle89
Hahaha mannn

Few questions though-

Do you know the Class rankings for trophies? Just wondering haha I didn't know it would be like a car show competition haha I thought it was just to show. That's cool though. Whose going to be judging?

lol ya he's kinds gotta a point, its makes ita little more intrestin if there is classes and so on. not like i'll win anythin but ya lol.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:04 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by KHS1021
fellas...for everyone coming from norfolk/chesapeake/va beach...any word on meeting up?
We'll meet by the Wendy's in the parking lot on the corner of Baxter Rd and Princess Anne. Check the previous page for a post by me with a link to a map.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:57 AM
Let's Go Pens

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm down for meeting up... not sure if anyone will be coming from my neck of the woods though. I'll be comming from Chesapeake... near CGH hospital off battlefield blvd. Snowman i'm working on the reg form right now
Old 05-21-2008, 06:57 AM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

Originally Posted by bigeshorte45
that same food lion we met up for the "mod meet"? i'm game for anything i really don't care...
Jeff, thanks for the support, i will enter but its not just "rock chips" its probably about relevant to a ..... brick and a half.... haha thats the only thing i can think of... when i bought the car last summer it was spotless, soon to realize the guy who sold it to me had gotten a 5 dollar paint job to the front bumper and you can rub your hand across the bumper and the paint will come off all over your hand.... so now i gotta find a good place around richmond when i work up some cash to get it cleaned up... bastards!

yep same one
Old 05-21-2008, 07:22 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Evader
I'm down for meeting up... not sure if anyone will be coming from my neck of the woods though. I'll be comming from Chesapeake... near CGH hospital off battlefield blvd. Snowman i'm working on the reg form right now
I'll meet up with you. I just moved to Western branch area from Newport News and work off of Volvo. We can meet up at the Greenbriar mall parking lot.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:26 AM
Green Machine

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts
Really?! I live in that area off of Knells Ridge in the Nottaway dr. area.

Originally Posted by goldenchild626
I'll meet up with you. I just moved to Western branch area from Newport News and work off of Volvo. We can meet up at the Greenbriar mall parking lot.
Works for me! Let me know what time!
Old 05-21-2008, 07:29 AM
lilvinnyb

Just wait till I get my TEINS installed. I'm takin all trophies.

Hahaha mannn

Few questions though-

Old 05-21-2008, 08:30 AM
Advanced

We will figure out a good time to meet up in a few days. Have to see what time everybody else is meeting up in va beach. Glad I'm not the only one going from Chesapeake
Old 05-21-2008, 08:42 AM
FizzyStatus!

Originally Posted by lilvinnyb
Just wait till I get my TEINS installed. I'm takin all trophies.
Which Teins did you end up getting?
Old 05-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Let's Go Pens

I can't wait until I get my teins... Just need to decide on my wheels... but first I need to decide whether i'm keeping the tl or not
Old 05-21-2008, 09:52 AM
FizzyStatus!

I can't wait until I get my teins... Just need to decide on my wheels... but first I need to decide whether i'm keeping the tl or not
I'll hate you for life if you sell the TL
Old 05-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Let's Go Pens

damn 5 min rule... lol

golden and total we can def meet up in greenbriar mall parking lot. I'm having second thoughts about entering the show bc there really is nothing modified on mine except the rj wheels. A year into ownership and i've yet to drop it or install the cai or even do the exhaust. Had some family issues happen around the holidays and I just have not been in the same mood since.. and now for the past few months i've been getting an itch about wanting to pick up an audi

Ballin... I've been seriously considering it. I've test drove several audi's recently and they really are one hell of a machine. I think best scenario is I keep my TL for weekends allowing me to do the mods I want and not worry about the stress of putting 130 miles on her a day. I guess I just have alot of thinking to do lol
Old 05-21-2008, 10:03 AM
FEEL MY FLOW

Hahaha mannn

Few questions though-

Sorry Faiz.. I don't have a breakdown of the categories yet. Last year there was a breakdown between imports, domestics, euros, and classics. This year the set up may be a bit different but I am not sure.
I don't know who the judges are going to be this year either.. last year I was a judge, but that would obviously be a conflict of interest this year.

BTW.. I was able to make a few enhancements to the shirt design for this limited production run. This is what they will look like..
Hope you guys like them.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:25 AM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

CHECK IT OUT FOUND THE CLASSES LISTED ON ANOTHER SITE...

http://www.vadriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237674
Old 05-21-2008, 10:34 AM
FizzyStatus!

Good find steve.

Import 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Domestic 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Best Team
Best of Show
Old 05-21-2008, 10:38 AM
Advanced

damn 5 min rule... lol

golden and total we can def meet up in greenbriar mall parking lot. I'm having second thoughts about entering the show bc there really is nothing modified on mine except the rj wheels. A year into ownership and i've yet to drop it or install the cai or even do the exhaust. Had some family issues happen around the holidays and I just have not been in the same mood since.. and now for the past few months i've been getting an itch about wanting to pick up an audi

Ballin... I've been seriously considering it. I've test drove several audi's recently and they really are one hell of a machine. I think best scenario is I keep my TL for weekends allowing me to do the mods I want and not worry about the stress of putting 130 miles on her a day. I guess I just have alot of thinking to do lol
Just keep the TL. You might be getting bored with it. Start modding it. Everybody gets this way when they get bored with their car but once they start modding the car and making it their own creation you will love it all over again. Im getting bored with mine again. This is my third car.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Let's Go Pens

I know what you saying but it's not really about getting bored but I bought all these things for modding and then after some family problems I've never gotten around to having them installed. See I have not had the best luck with this car and it just sucks to put in wrench time only for it to get trashed (fucking nbp curse!) Here is a list off my issues which all began shortly after buying the car

- 2 months after I bought the car a metal pipe on the gothels bridge trashed my front end

- a few months later a stupid bitch didn't yield to me causing 9K in damages

- Back in october an 18wheeler merged into my lane and sideswiped my entire drivers side causing 4K in damages

- Rock hits winshield cracking it from one end to another

- last week i'm driving down the damn turnpike and I hear WHACK... my new oem windshield cracked!.. SOB!

All this.. and I also need to have my grillel repainted bc the rock chips are really starting to show (driving 40K in a year it's bound to happen)

It's all these things that are making me go insane.. and the reason for my CAI and Teins SS to be still sitting in their respective boxes.

What's next? I go out and buy the Sevas or new RJ's... something is bound to happen it's in the cards.

Ok sorry for venting... I feel better though really
Old 05-21-2008, 11:51 AM
FizzyStatus!

Well I mean it's not cause of the car, shit happens. Keep the TL! Atleast it's never mechanically failed on you right?
Old 05-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Advanced

Ballin has a point. It could be worse. When I had my 95 626, I blew my head gasket, transmission, muffler, catalytic converter, tires, MAF sensor, o2 sensor, check engine light on, paint fading bad, water pump, etc. List goes on but I still loved it. Car has 203,xxx miles on it and running strong. If you need help with your mods, I'm pretty sure the 757 family wont mind helping you intall them.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

diamondblues... the shirt looks sick man
Old 05-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Please check the list below, if your name has a * next to it, I have your registration info, all you have to do is show up and bring money ($15 for show, about $10 per shirt) If your name is bolded and doesn't have a * can you please email or pm me this info.

Name
Team Name AcurazineVA
Cell Phone
Year
Make
Model
Color

3G TL-S
*OneWickedTypeS - Steve - KBP
*Diamondblues - Mike - ASM
*Evader - Brad - NBP

3G TL-P
*t0talacuratl - Adrian - DGP
ballinfizzle89 - Faiz - NBP
lilvinnyb - Vince - SSM
KHS 1021 - Ken - WDP
Navy TL - Derrick - ASM

2G TL-S
*snowman81 - Jeff - SSM
*bigeshorte45 - Taylor - SSM
*Doc's TL-S - Dave - ABP
Pearl TL-S - Eric - WDP
Glen Marley - Glen - SSM

2G TL-P
AcuraJ32A - Josh - SSM

2G CL-S
*C Lo SWIFT - Carlos - NBP

Other Makes
goldenchild626 - Shawn - 05 Tafetta White Honda Accord EX V6

Please fill out first name, color, year and model so we can put you in a category above.

12. ryebreadisme -
15. rooki- jordan
Old 05-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Evader....you should definitely keep the TL. Don't get me wrong, I love Audi's as well, but you and your TL have been through so much. Why by another car and risk the chance of similar stuff happening with that one? And you should enter the show, nobody's car is perfect. I have rock chips all over the place, my wheels are tore up (hopefully I'll get some Ron Jons soon ) and my bumpers are slightly different colors than the rest of my car. There's more wrong too, but I'm entering anyway and you should too. TEAM SUPPORT BABY!! It would be sweet to have the most cars of any car club out there.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Okay, I am trying to cut down on the lists we have. So the above list is for registration and people attending, this list is how I kind of figured we could park. I did it by gen, make and color. Let me know what you guys think.

3G TL
Evader - Brad - NBP
ballinfizzle89 - Faiz - NBP
OneWickedTypeS - Steve - KBP
t0talacuratl - Adrian - DGP
Diamondblues - Mike - ASM
lilvinnyb - Vince - SSM
Navy TL - Derrick - ASM
KHS 1021 - Ken - WDP

2G TL
Doc's TL-S - Dave - ABP
snowman81 - Jeff - SSM
bigeshorte45 - Taylor - SSM
Glen Marley - Glen - SSM
AcuraJ32A - Josh - SSM
Pearl TL-S - Eric - WDP

2G CL-S
C Lo SWIFT - Carlos - NBP

Other Makes
goldenchild626 - Shawn - 05 Tafetta White Honda Accord EX V6

Hopefully we can try to keep it down to just these 2 lists.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:35 PM
Let's Go Pens

NBP sitting # 1 and # 2 now that's representation!
Old 05-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

NBP sitting # 1 and # 2 now that's representation!
But look at all those SSM
Old 05-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

BTW, I live off Centerville Tpke near Kempsville. Do you guys wanna meet up with Glen and I? Going to Greenbrier Mall would be going backwards for me but I don't want you guys to have to stop twice. I'll be taking Kempsville all the way down to Princess Anne, which way are you guys going? Maybe we can meet at the McDonald's at the corner of Centerville and Kempsville if you guys are headed out this way. Let me know, if not, it's cool though.

Quick Reply: Memorial Day Car Show In Virginia Beach! May 26, 2008