What: AcuraZine's 1st Annual Skyline Meet & Cruise

Who: AcuraZine Members

Where: Shenandoah National Park on the Blue Ridge Mountains aka Skyline Drive

Ralley Point (The 'Meet' Portion Of The Whole Event):
7412 Stream Walk Lane
Manassass, VA 20109
Google Map Link

When: Sunday. October 29, 2006

Time: Exact times still being planned. Probably meeting at the ralley point at noon for at least 1 hour then leaving from there to head to Skyline Drive.

Interested in the Meet:
1. CGTSX2004 (TSX - NHB)
2. JPTL-S (2nd Gen SSM TL-S)
3. jmbnova (3rd Gen DGP TL)
4. AcurasGhost (3rd Gen NBP TL)
5. Blitz (2nd Gen ABP CL-S)
6. dezzzmond (3rd Gen NBP TL)
7. leedogg (3rd Gen WDP TL)
8. Reach (TSX - CGP)
9. EuRTSX (TSX - CGP)
10. S0leheir (3rd Gen WDP TL)
11.SyellowVdragonB (2nd Gen CL-S AM)
12. ACCURATEin (S/C 3rd gen WDP / NBP TL Space Shuttle!)
13. Paclark01 (2nd Gen ABP CL-S) +1 Friend (RSX Type-S)
14. Clean AC (2nd Gen TL)
15. snowman81 (2nd Gen SSM TL-S )(Best for last week in Oct.)
16. AcUrAge703 (2nd Gen CL-S AM)
17. abp02type s (2nd Gen TL ABP Type-S)
18. GeraldB (3rd Gen SSM TL)
19. DC_TSX (TSX - NBP)
20. g1underground (2nd Gen CL-S)
21. lilvinnyb (3rd Gen TL Silver)
22. LiQiCE (2nd Gen NBP TL-S or Siverstone S2K)
23. MX6PEDDLER (2nd Gen SMR CL-S)
24. ShortyeuroR (TSX - SSM)
25. unevakno (TSX - SSM)
26. Nitin (2nd Gen CL-S)
27. Ride Slow Homey (TSX - NHB)
28. Meek32v6 (3G AM TL)
29. JayunsPlanet (2nd Gen NMG TL)
30. SoyBoy26 (2nd Gen WDP TL-S)
31. dmfgrf (3rd Gen WDP TL)
32. LoloTL (2ND Gen TL-P NBP)
33. julyccc ( 2005 CGP TSX)
34. AshiyaWolf (3G NBP TL)
35. TypeAcuraTL (3G NBP TL)
36. EndofFile (06 AM TL)
37. wck3 (3G AM TL)
38. Porter (06' NBP TL)
39. kenshiro921 (3G NBP TL)
40. ANDY03CL-S (2003 SSM CL Type S) + 2 CL's (01 SSM CL-S & 03 NBP CL-S)
41. chrissix
42. jwood_04TSX (2004 TSX SSM)
43. tzakiel (WDP TL)
44. pinky_ttc (SSM TL)
45. death (03 TL-S)

Interested in the Cruise:
1. CGTSX2004 (TSX - NHB)
8. Reach (TSX - CGP)
9. EuRTSX (TSX - CGP) (MAYBE)
11. SyellowVdragonB (2nd Gen CL-S AM)
12. Paclark01 (2nd Gen ABP CL-S) +1 Friend (RSX Type-S)
13. Clean AC (2nd Gen TL)
14. snowman81 (2nd Gen SSM TL-S )(Best for last week in Oct.)
15. AcUrAge703 (2nd Gen CL-S AM)
16. abp02type s (2nd Gen ABP TL-S)
17. GeraldB (3rd Gen SSM TL)
18. DC_TSX (TSX - NBP)
19. g1underground (2nd Gen CL-S)
20. lilvinnyb (3rd Gen TL Silver)
21. LiQiCE (2nd Gen NBP TL-S or Siverstone S2K)
22. MX6PEDDLER (2nd Gen SMR CL-S
23. unevakno (TSX - SSM)
24. Nitin (2nd Gen CL-S)
25. Ride Slow Homey (TSX - NHB)
26. Meek32v6 (3G AM TL)
27. JayunsPlanet (2nd Gen NMG TL)
28. SoyBoy26 (2nd Gen WDP TL-S)
29. dmfgrf (3rd Gen WDP TL)
30. LoloTL (2ND Gen TL-P NBP)
31. julyccc ( 2005 CGP TSX)
32. AshiyaWolf (3G NBP TL)
33. TypeAcuraTL (3G NBP TL)
34. EndofFile (06 AM TL)
35. wck3 (3G AM TL)
36. Porter (06' NBP TL)
37. kenshiro921 (3G NBP TL)
38. ANDY03CL-S (2003 SSM CL Type S) + 2 CL's (01 SSM CL-S & 03 NBP CL-S)
39. chrissix
40. jwood_04TSX (2004 TSX SSM)
41. death (03 TL-S)

Maybes:
1. Xtin (3rd Gen AM TL)
2. Death (2nd Gen SSM TL-S)
3. Doc Stray's TL-S (02 ABP TL-S)
4. phatintegra
Old 09-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Tint The Windshield

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Detailed Rally Point Info.

Ralley Point:
7412 Stream Walk Lane
Manassas, VA 20109-2464

This is 21.36 miles (25 min.) from Tysons Mall in VA.

The ralley point is 85 miles (1 hr 40 min.) from Skyline Drive (I referred to one of the links previously posted address's on page 5 for Shenandoah National Park).

The rally point is a Wal Mart right off I-66. We will meet in the parking lot of Wal-Mart at the farthest parking spaces from the store.

Meeting Time: 12:00 Noon
Organizing Cars To Leave Parking Lot: 1:00 PM
Leaving The Parking Lot And Heading Off To Skyline: 1:30 PM SHARP

This will be the "meet and greet" part of the entire meet. Then we'll have the drive to Skyline, drive around in there for about 30 minutes (or longer is people want to), and then park in Skyline Drive to talk, chat, chill,take pics, and then roll out of there when everyone's ready to leave. Probably around like 4 o'clock or something I'm guessing.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Sweet...so I am assumimg that we will be meeting at the parking spots along Balls Ford Rd. I can't tell which of those 2 buildings is WALMART. And since I am assuming that we will be encountering some stoplights, and more than likely we won't all make it through at the same time, if we get an address that we are meeting at when we get to Skyline Dr, I will make sure I bring print outs from mapquest to the meet to hand out so everyone is on the same page, literally.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:20 PM
Tint The Windshield

Good idea Snowman. I've never been to Skyline so I couldn't even know where a good meet spot would be there. But if we get a address inside it ... I'll make print outs as well from my works copy machine and then we can both have copies for drivers to follow.

Does anyone have a hard address we could use for a meet spot inside Skyline?

I think we should plan to have a spot that will fit 50+ cars.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:58 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

I've been looking around a little and it seems that it would make the most sense for us to meet at the northern most entrance point to Skyline and drive south. I've never been to Skyline Drive but from what I can find, the northern entrance point is in Front Royal near Rt 66 and 340. That's only about a 45 minute drive from our meeting point in Manassas. I'll see if I can find some kind of address but we may just have to go with an intersection instead. Also maybe not a bad idea to type up a list of cell numbers of people that are willing to share. I'd be willing to do that as well if people want to PM me their cell number in case we do get seperated on the way we can always give someone a call to let them know where we are. Check out this link to Shenandoah National Park and there is a link to a map on the right side. It looks like we will be able to take Rt 66 from Manassas all the way to 55 and it should lead is to the entrance to Skyline Dr. Here is a link of the map for that.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:14 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

I linked that map wrong in my last post. Here is a map of the northern part of Skyline Dr. and the entrance area at Front Royal. Just a suggestion, let me know what you think.

Last edited by snowman81; 09-18-2006 at 03:16 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:09 PM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by AcurasGhost
Good idea Snowman. I've never been to Skyline so I couldn't even know where a good meet spot would be there. But if we get a address inside it ... I'll make print outs as well from my works copy machine and then we can both have copies for drivers to follow.

Does anyone have a hard address we could use for a meet spot inside Skyline?

I think we should plan to have a spot that will fit 50+ cars.
There are two restaurants on Skyline drive, one is Skyland, can't remember what the other one is called. But they both should have parking ... Not sure if it could accomodate 50 cars tho.

BTW- I recommended it earlier, I would recommend we drive to the Thornton Gap entrance and drive north. The reason is that the thorton gap entrance is a lot more fun to drive into (the roads leading up to the entrance are a lot better)...

Also - Cell service on Skyline drive can be spotty for some carrier. I'd recommend we pick a channel and use FRS radios like Motorola Two-Way radios for communication. Makes it very easy to call out cops ahead to the entire group and / or direct the entire group if you need to stop or anything.

Last edited by LiQiCE; 09-18-2006 at 04:11 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:13 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by LiQiCE
There are two restaurants on Skyline drive, one is Skyland, can't remember what the other one is called. But they both should have parking ... Not sure if it could accomodate 50 cars tho.

BTW- I recommended it earlier, I would recommend we drive to the Thornton Gap entrance and drive north. The reason is that the thorton gap entrance is a lot more fun to drive into (the roads leading up to the entrance are a lot better)...
That could be an idea. I take it you've been there. I was just thinking the amount of time that we would spend just getting to Skyline Dr would be to long and we would get to spread out with that many cars, but if it's more fun to drive that way, it may be worth it. I also figure for the cruise on Skyline, radios will work just fine, but on the way there cell phones would probably be the best bet if people start getting to spread out. Last time we tried to use radios on open roads like that it was a little bit of a mess. And there will also be a very limited number of radios. Of course we got it all figured out but cell phones played a part in that at the end.

Last edited by snowman81; 09-18-2006 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:20 PM
Tint The Windshield

Originally Posted by snowman81
I've been looking around a little and it seems that it would make the most sense for us to meet at the northern most entrance point to Skyline and drive south. I've never been to Skyline Drive but from what I can find, the northern entrance point is in Front Royal near Rt 66 and 340. That's only about a 45 minute drive from our meeting point in Manassas. I'll see if I can find some kind of address but we may just have to go with an intersection instead. Also maybe not a bad idea to type up a list of cell numbers of people that are willing to share. I'd be willing to do that as well if people want to PM me their cell number in case we do get seperated on the way we can always give someone a call to let them know where we are. Check out this link to Shenandoah National Park and there is a link to a map on the right side. It looks like we will be able to take Rt 66 from Manassas all the way to 55 and it should lead is to the entrance to Skyline Dr. Here is a link of the map for that.
This idea sounds best to me I think because 85 miles to the address I was given before I think it way too far. And if this drive is only 45 minutes that's a little bit more resonable. ALSO, Front Royal is the meeting spot that one of the other meet coordinators planned on using. So I think this would be the best kinda. Unless someone has some real huge problem with it. We dont' want to scare away majority of the people who signed up for the cruise.

What's the hard address for the point your thinking about for Skyline again?
Old 09-18-2006, 05:30 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Actually, if people want to depart at the Thornton Gap exit instead of from Front Royal, we could split the group off and one group can take Thornton Gap and head back while the other group heads back to Front Royal to get back onto 66.

What do you guys think?
Old 09-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Liquid Ice

That could be an idea. I take it you've been there. I was just thinking the amount of time that we would spend just getting to Skyline Dr would be to long and we would get to spread out with that many cars, but if it's more fun to drive that way, it may be worth it. I also figure for the cruise on Skyline, radios will work just fine, but on the way there cell phones would probably be the best bet if people start getting to spread out. Last time we tried to use radios on open roads like that it was a little bit of a mess. And there will also be a very limited number of radios. Of course we got it all figured out but cell phones played a part in that at the end.
Yup, I've been to Skyline a few times. Getting separated shouldn't be too bad. The roads getting to the Thornton Gap entrance are pretty straight with not too many traffic lights. If we map out directions on getting there first it'd be even better, we can try to put a few people who maybe are familiar with the directions throughout the group and one at the front and back. There's a parking lot a little ways up the road past the Thornton Gap entrance that we can all stop at first if we want.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:34 PM
Liquid Ice

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Actually, if people want to depart at the Thornton Gap exit instead of from Front Royal, we could split the group off and one group can take Thornton Gap and head back while the other group heads back to Front Royal to get back onto 66.

What do you guys think?
Heading out the Thornton Gap entrance isn't as fun as coming in through it ... The road leading up to the the Thornton Gap entrance is 2 lanes, coming down its only 1 lane ... plus uphill with twisties is more fun than downhill where you're braking a lot to slow your pace.

Its up to you guys, I just want to share my experience since I've been there a few times. Skyline drive is fun no matter what even if you have to keep the speeds down.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:33 PM
T&S Customizing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This idea sounds best to me I think because 85 miles to the address I was given before I think it way too far. And if this drive is only 45 minutes that's a little bit more resonable. ALSO, Front Royal is the meeting spot that one of the other meet coordinators planned on using. So I think this would be the best kinda. Unless someone has some real huge problem with it. We dont' want to scare away majority of the people who signed up for the cruise.

I say for the Rockville people we should meet at Old Navy on the pike. then cruis on down to the other meeting spot.

I have (1) civic hatch (CRV/VTEC Frank motor w/Hondata) might be down on this. He is cool laid back chill person in his mid 30s

Last edited by phatintegra; 09-18-2006 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

I'll have to come up with a hard address for that area but I should have it posted by tomorrow, then you guys can decide. Either way is cool with me, I think the meet will be fun regardless, but whatever way is the least confusing would probably work out best for everyone. I've never been to Skyline Dr. so I don't have any first hand experience, but if you could get in touch with the other group that is meeting at Front Royal, maybe they have some suggestions. And maybe we can make sure that we are not planning to be there at the same time so there aren't to many cars going through at once. One last thought, since the Thornton Gap is the most developed area of Skyline Dr., there may be a little more traffic going through there. Like I said, never been there so not sure, but I would like some open road where we can cruise, even if it is only at 35 mph.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:04 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by phatintegra
I say for the Rockville people we should meet at Old Navy on the pike. then cruis on down to the other meeting spot.

I have (1) civic hatch (CRV/VTEC Frank motor w/Hondata) might be down on this. He is cool laid back chill person in his mid 30s

What time should us rockville rollers show up at the old navy? You are talking about the one where everyone goes on friday nights right?

Now let me get this straight. Some of us are meeting up in local places then driving in our small groups to join the meet in manassas. THen we all meet greet, pics and radio freq's and head out to skyline? WOW! Now this sounds like a good time!

Last edited by LoloTL; 09-18-2006 at 09:06 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:18 PM
Tint The Windshield

Originally Posted by LoloTL
What time should us rockville rollers show up at the old navy? You are talking about the one where everyone goes on friday nights right?

Now let me get this straight. Some of us are meeting up in local places then driving in our small groups to join the meet in manassas. THen we all meet greet, pics and radio freq's and head out to skyline? WOW! Now this sounds like a good time!
Probably like 10:00 or 11:00 am at the latest we would have to leave from Old Navy. Yes, that Barnes and Noble/GAP that everyone goes to.

Exactly right on the 2nd paragraph.

I guess whichever guys have been to Skyline should pick the spot to meet that most people will agree on. I've never been there before so I don't know anything about the place. Just keep in mind we dont' want to drive forever and that we're going to have over 50 cars riding with us, haha. The corvette crew is meeting the day before us ... so they won't be in the way ... all 178 of them! haha.

Old 09-18-2006, 11:01 PM
Team Owner

Anyone who can bring a walkie-talkie, please PM me. I will start putting together a list. For 30 cars, I'd like to get at least one walkie-talkie for every 6 cars if possible.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:56 AM
Advanced

178!! DA---MN. Hopefully the weather holds up. I'm going to bring my video camera also. I wonder if anyone has some goodies that they might want to sell off or trade. That would be cool!
Old 09-19-2006, 09:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

Talking

Originally Posted by LoloTL
178!! DA---MN. Hopefully the weather holds up. I'm going to bring my video camera also. I wonder if anyone has some goodies that they might want to sell off or trade. That would be cool!
I'll bring my camera too...man this meet looks like its bout to be some good driving fun...hopefully i can get my springs and tint on before then...and maybe some rims if money stacks stay up.....can't wait....
Old 09-19-2006, 10:23 AM
Tint The Windshield

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Anyone who can bring a walkie-talkie, please PM me. I will start putting together a list. For 30 cars, I'd like to get at least one walkie-talkie for every 6 cars if possible.
Snowman81 said he has 2 walkies that he'll bring. He mentioned it earlier in the thread. PM for more info. I guess.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:26 PM
Tint The Windshield

Cool MD Street Scene's.com Knows About The Meet !?!?

Ummm ... yeah ... about that ...

http://www.mdstreetscene.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=3071

Hopefully no extra loud rice rockets show up to cause drama' (aka trouble with the police) ...
Old 09-19-2006, 03:01 PM
Advanced

Count me in for both!!!

06 TL NAV AM
Old 09-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Intermediate

Where is the meet going to be at and what time, also what time for the drive? I live in Silver Spring MD pretty much a newbie with this site

Here's my specs
05 SSM TL A SPEC
6 Spd manual
black leather
20 I forged (coming soon)
Old 09-20-2006, 12:06 AM
Tint The Windshield

Arrow

Originally Posted by BATTLESHIP
Count me in for both!!!

06 TL NAV AM
Good. I'll add when I redo the attendee list in a few days. We are trying to keep the pages down in the thread by just re-doing that long list every now and then instead of adding 1 person at a time. Cya there!

Originally Posted by mkim12180
Where is the meet going to be at and what time, also what time for the drive? I live in Silver Spring MD pretty much a newbie with this site

Here's my specs
05 SSM TL A SPEC
6 Spd manual
black leather
20 I forged (coming soon)
We are going to: Shenandoah National Park on the Blue Ridge Mountains aka Skyline Drive.

Meeting Ralley Point 1/2 between the beltway and Skyline Drive - Click Here - The actual point at Skyline is still being discussed ... so I dont' think it'll be 85 miles from this Mannassas address.

Before heading to the Mannassas location ... some of us are meeting up in little groups (like one group at Old Navy in Rockville and I think some people at Jeff's house right off I-66 in Fairfax).
Old 09-20-2006, 12:44 AM
Advanced

I am interested but not sure yet cause of school. Second year at Virginia TECH, but man the idea sounds great!
Old 09-20-2006, 07:10 AM
GO BIG OR GO HOME

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you think my brother can come with us?? He will probably bring has NSX!
Old 09-20-2006, 07:43 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Soyboy26
only if he drives in the very back :p
I'll be brining my walkie talkie.
Anyone coming down from the Baltimore want to meet up early?
Old 09-20-2006, 08:08 AM
Team Owner

We'd be happy to accomodate an NSX.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Tint The Windshield

What: AcuraZine's 1st Annual Skyline Meet & Cruise

Who: AcuraZine Members

Where: Shenandoah National Park on the Blue Ridge Mountains aka Skyline Drive

Ralley Point (The 'Meet' Portion Of The Whole Event):
7412 Stream Walk Lane
Manassass, VA 20109
*** CLICK HERE FOR THE RALLEY POINT INFORMATION. TIME SCHEDULE, ETC. ***

Ralley Point At Skyline: TBA

When: Sunday. October 29, 2006

Time: Meeting at the ralley point in Manassas at noon. Leaving there at 1:30 sharp to head to Skyline. The whole meet will probably end around 4:30ish?

Caravans to the ralley point are still being ironed out. So far there's 1 at the GAP/Barnes N' Noble on Rockville Pike where everyone goes to at night for the car meets. Also, there's one forming in Fairfax at Jeff's (JMBNova's) area/house. These groups will probably have to meet around 10 am I'm guessing.

Interested in the Meet:
1. CGTSX2004 (TSX - NHB)
8. Reach (TSX - CGP)
9. EuRTSX (TSX - CGP)
11.SyellowVdragonB (2nd Gen CL-S AM)
12. ACCURATEin (S/C 3rd gen WDP / NBP TL Space Shuttle!)
13. Paclark01 (2nd Gen ABP CL-S) +1 Friend (RSX Type-S)
14. Clean AC (2nd Gen TL)
15. snowman81 (2nd Gen SSM TL-S )(Best for last week in Oct.)
16. AcUrAge703 (2nd Gen CL-S AM)
17. abp02type s (2nd Gen TL ABP Type-S)
18. GeraldB (3rd Gen SSM TL)
19. DC_TSX (TSX - NBP)
20. g1underground (2nd Gen CL-S)
21. lilvinnyb (3rd Gen TL Silver)
22. LiQiCE (2nd Gen NBP TL-S or Siverstone S2K)
23. MX6PEDDLER (2nd Gen SMR CL-S)
24. ShortyeuroR (TSX - SSM)
25. unevakno (TSX - SSM)
26. Nitin (2nd Gen CL-S)
27. Ride Slow Homey (TSX - NHB)
28. Meek32v6 (3G AM TL)
29. JayunsPlanet (2nd Gen NMG TL)
30. SoyBoy26 (2nd Gen WDP TL-S)
31. dmfgrf (3rd Gen WDP TL)
32. LoloTL (2ND Gen TL-P NBP)
33. julyccc ( 2005 CGP TSX)
34. AshiyaWolf (3G NBP TL)
35. TypeAcuraTL (3G NBP TL)
36. EndofFile (06 AM TL)
37. wck3 (3G AM TL)
38. Porter (06' NBP TL)
39. kenshiro921 (3G NBP TL)
40. ANDY03CL-S (2003 SSM CL Type S) + 2 CL's (01 SSM CL-S & 03 NBP CL-S)
41. chrissix
42. jwood_04TSX (2004 TSX SSM)
43. tzakiel (WDP TL)
44. pinky_ttc (SSM TL)
45. death (03 TL-S)
46. Battleship (06 TL AM)
47. Soyboy26's brother w/NSX

Interested in the Cruise:
1. CGTSX2004 (TSX - NHB)
8. Reach (TSX - CGP)
9. EuRTSX (TSX - CGP) (MAYBE)
11. SyellowVdragonB (2nd Gen CL-S AM)
12. Paclark01 (2nd Gen ABP CL-S) +1 Friend (RSX Type-S)
13. Clean AC (2nd Gen TL)
14. snowman81 (2nd Gen SSM TL-S )(Best for last week in Oct.)
15. AcUrAge703 (2nd Gen CL-S AM)
16. abp02type s (2nd Gen ABP TL-S)
17. GeraldB (3rd Gen SSM TL)
18. DC_TSX (TSX - NBP)
19. g1underground (2nd Gen CL-S)
20. lilvinnyb (3rd Gen TL Silver)
21. LiQiCE (2nd Gen NBP TL-S or Siverstone S2K)
22. MX6PEDDLER (2nd Gen SMR CL-S
23. unevakno (TSX - SSM)
24. Nitin (2nd Gen CL-S)
25. Ride Slow Homey (TSX - NHB)
26. Meek32v6 (3G AM TL)
27. JayunsPlanet (2nd Gen NMG TL)
28. SoyBoy26 (2nd Gen WDP TL-S)
29. dmfgrf (3rd Gen WDP TL)
30. LoloTL (2ND Gen TL-P NBP)
31. julyccc ( 2005 CGP TSX)
32. AshiyaWolf (3G NBP TL)
33. TypeAcuraTL (3G NBP TL)
34. EndofFile (06 AM TL)
35. wck3 (3G AM TL)
36. Porter (06' NBP TL)
37. kenshiro921 (3G NBP TL)
38. ANDY03CL-S (2003 SSM CL Type S) + 2 CL's (01 SSM CL-S & 03 NBP CL-S)
39. chrissix
40. jwood_04TSX (2004 TSX SSM)
41. death (03 TL-S)
42. Battleship (06 TL AM)
43. Soyboy26's brother w/NSX

Maybes:
1. Xtin (3rd Gen AM TL)
2. Death (2nd Gen SSM TL-S)
3. Doc Stray's TL-S (02 ABP TL-S)
4. phatintegra
5. mkim12180
6. crajeemonkey

Walkie-Talkie Count:
1. Snowman81 - 2

Of course he's welcome!
Old 09-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

I've finally found a hard address for a place to meet before we get to Skyline Dr. It's a little bit further away than I hoped it to be but it seems like all the places near the entrance are privately owned businesses and I don't want to bother with that. So KMART is the closest place I can find and here is the map of the area. As you can see, if we continue down 55 and turn left on 340, that will put us right at the entrance to Skyline Dr. I will also find out what side of the road KMART is on and if it is a divided hwy. That may make it a little more difficult if it is on the left side but I'll let you know.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:38 PM
"It's sexy time!" (borat)

And this address is where the actual meet is? After out get together?
Old 09-20-2006, 12:40 PM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
I've finally found a hard address for a place to meet before we get to Skyline Dr. It's a little bit further away than I hoped it to be but it seems like all the places near the entrance are privately owned businesses and I don't want to bother with that. So KMART is the closest place I can find and here is the map of the area. As you can see, if we continue down 55 and turn left on 340, that will put us right at the entrance to Skyline Dr. I will also find out what side of the road KMART is on and if it is a divided hwy. That may make it a little more difficult if it is on the left side but I'll let you know.
Your hard work and attention to detail is greatly appreciated.

This cruise is going to be insane. Should be a good time though.. Perfect time in the Fall, cool enough to run with the windows down, leaves changing... Yeah, it'll be a good drive....
Old 09-20-2006, 02:03 PM
Tint The Windshield

Yeah, thanks a lot for your help snowman81.

That looks like a good place. Let us know if that can be the final place to all gather again before we actually enter Skyline roads.

We are just a couple fine details away from having this whole thing planned finally!

Jeff, do you want to officially make your house or business building near your house ... one of the little meet spots before heading off to the Mannas. ralley point? If so, I'll probably drop by the GAP meet spot and bring those guys along with me.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:39 PM
Intermediate

anyone meeting near silver spring or near ballston commons mall off 66?
Old 09-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Bring It

Did you guys realize that daylight savings time ends on Oct 29? We move our clocks back. So change your clocks the night before. Don't be showing up at 12pm when its actually 11. ha-ha
Old 09-20-2006, 08:13 PM
Cloned...3X

'05 TL -NBP with NAVI

I am down with the meet and the skyline drive... Where is the closest rendevouz point for Frederick and Montgomery county? I will be coming from Frederick

I may scout some walkies...
Old 09-21-2006, 07:15 AM
Tint The Windshield

mkim12180 - Closet spot to you would probably be GAP/Barnes and Noble on Rockville Pike and Montrose Road Intersection.

dezzzmond - Good thinking. We would have never thought of that, haha. I like your main pic btw.

HardWarrior3X - Sounds good. I'll add you to the list later. Nearest point would be GAP/Barnes N' Noble on 355. (Take the Montrose exit off I-270) People there will probably meet at 10 am I'm guessing?
Old 09-21-2006, 08:09 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Jeff, do you want to officially make your house or business building near your house ... one of the little meet spots before heading off to the Mannas. ralley point? If so, I'll probably drop by the GAP meet spot and bring those guys along with me.
Yep.. lets do it. We can meet at the business building right across from my house. LINK > http://maps.google.com/mapsoi=map&q=...rfax,+VA+22030

Old 09-21-2006, 08:56 AM
Bring It

^^ Cool. That works for me.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Maybe yall should post meeting times for each spot so if someone is a little late or behind they maybe can catch up by going to the next spot since it looks like most of the spots are off 66. then we can make sure no one is sitting at a meeting spot wondering if they are too late or too early....just my $.02

Quick Reply: DC Area Mega Meet and Skyline Drive Cruise Oct 29th