BBQ (cookout) Meet in March-MD/DC/VA/PA/NJ March 25th

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jason2713
I give up this is pretty much what i was facing at the meet, and why i got so upset... troy, u're a 23 yr old grown ass man, settling things with violence is for teenagers.

Since you were the organizer, maybe I misunderstand what your role was in the meet...to me it looked like you had the title, yet nothing to back it up. To me, it looked as though I fronted most of this, organized most of this, bought most of the food which I enjoyed every step of the way. The only thing I added was registration forms and trophies which you didnt have to be part of.

Even if the "car show" didnt happen, who was paying for the food and reservations for the park? This was the sole reason when I wanted to undo all the stuff I had done (park reservations, food, trophies, planning) and just get a refund on all the money I put out. I had absolutely no problem coming with my $5 and be a regular joe. It would have meant less headaches and no late nights discussing the meet.

Finally, I did not see Troy or even really talk to him through the planning process or the day of the meet. I think I may have talked to him once in the month planning for the meet, and then he shows up late on meet day. Not helping set up, not helping cooking, not helping getting payment, not helping do dick. If he had a car full of food, why wasn't it cooked? Why didnt he help clean up? Why didnt he help with the trophies? I mean honestly, WHAT DID HE DO OTHER THAN SHOW UP WITH HIS BOYS, AND REFUSE TO PAY??? Please tell me.

Again, I am responding, not starting another post.

To answer these questions:
1. not helping set up!!! - Meet was suppose to start at 2pm, I was there by 2:30pm!!!
2.not helping cook!!! - Again meet was suppose to start at 2pm, for some strange reason the meet started at 11am!!!
3.not helping getting the payment!!! - Had the money, nobody ask for it, plus some was going to me for paying for all the damn food I had in my car!
4.Why wasn't the food cooked!!! - When I got there everybody said that yall stop grilling and yall were out of charcoal!!! hmmmmm........How are we suppose to be out of food and charcoal if it was suppose to start at 2pm!!!
5.why didn't i help clean up and hand out trophies!!! - Well let me see, I was already pissed, that i wasted that money for nothing, getting an argument with you Jason, And figuring that you wanted the show and everything else, I let you do you!!!

You want to know why I blew up at you, when you approach somebody, you approach them like a man, and respect them. You went straight to him and exact words being" you gotta leave or else?" Who the hell do you think your talkin to like that? You don't even know that kat like that, that is why, I got real offended! You dont go to know body like that! I talked to your face like a man! You said what you said and left, then you get on the internet like you some bad ass and talk shit about me. And people think im in the wrong for cussing you out, man fuck dat! I stepped to you like a man, when we were talking, I wasn't going to hit you, why would you tell Itai that? Like I said me and dre and Itai talked about it, and I wasn't going to leave them hanging like that, cause there cool people and I respect them! For people that don't know me on here, you need to ask the people who do know me how I am, Im very humble and respectful! I got anybodys back on this forum and I try to help everybody out the best way I can! I help people with hotel rooms, speeding tickets, and everything else, but when you talk shit about my peoples or about me, especially smiling and talkin to my face like we cool and next minute bad mouth me on the internet, all that humbleness and respect goes out the window! Me and Itai been came to understanding, cause he came to me like a man, and he was real about it! Thats why I got his back for anything he needs. I support Itai, dre, Mayalalee king, snowman81,JPTLS, 240cls, and some others that I can't name yalls sn right now(sorry) Im down for everybody, weather its a flat tire, you need to go to the airport, or if they in a fight, or hospital Im there, Im the truest and realist person you will ever meet! Just don't come at me like that again, I have calm down since then! Im cool now, but if I were you i wouldn't speak to me for a while, but you do need to aplogize to my boy, cause that was wrong how you came at that man!

Im down for April 1st, trying to get that corrolla on the road by then, if not oh well, you will see the CLS! This time Im trying to go early because Im trying to be at the bottem not the top, we had to hike down that steep ass hill, I don't catch myself doing that again, so Im trying to leave a little early! What do yall think? Im trying to ride down as a group, what do yall say?
Old 03-27-2006, 05:53 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
here is a funny thing i ran across about maryland being the shlt:

I’m from Maryland, we are the SHIT cuz:

Maryland is the shlt... Repost this if your from Maryland and proud of it ..

You ain't got shlt on us... don't even try.

yeah, i'm stealing this one
Old 03-27-2006, 06:00 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by pinky_ttc
Damn. I guess I missed a bunch.

Jon (tzakiel) and I were moving into a new condo this weekend. I totally forgot about the meet, but we'll be at the megameet with our 3rd Gens in April.

BTW. We're thinking about vanity plates - Tzakiel and Pinkyttc.

I was expecting you both to be there. I wanted to check out Jon's tires too. Been going back and forth between Toyo's and ES100's. After I saw JP's car, I decided on ES100's. Ordered them yesterday through tirerack.com for $500 shipped. 225/45/17, should be here by the end of the week.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Recently turned 18

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You guys and you're installed mods. I'm telling you the next wave is to just buy mods and leave them uninstalled. That way they never get damaged. I just received a set of clear diffusers today. Time to throw them on the huge pile of collectibles most of you jokers call mods. Tee hee.

...inside joke btw
Old 03-27-2006, 06:30 PM
アキュラ 力

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Blitz
You guys and you're installed mods. I'm telling you the next wave is to just buy mods and leave them uninstalled. That way they never get damaged. I just received a set of clear diffusers today. Time to throw them on the huge pile of collectibles most of you jokers call mods. Tee hee.

...inside joke btw
You crack me up Blitz It's always nice having you around at the meets, you bring that pizazz and all that ATL funk to the group
Old 03-27-2006, 06:36 PM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by snowman81
I was expecting you both to be there. I wanted to check out Jon's tires too. Been going back and forth between Toyo's and ES100's. After I saw JP's car, I decided on ES100's. Ordered them yesterday through tirerack.com for $500 shipped. 225/45/17, should be here by the end of the week.
Great choice and great price Jeff, hoepfully you'll be happy with them.

As for Pinky_TTC and Tzakiel, I wasn't sure what to expect. I PM'ed Jon at the beginning of last week but never heard back, but that's understandable with all the moving and such, glad to see that things are moving along auite well
Old 03-27-2006, 06:43 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

...inside joke btw
And who wants to be like everyone else anyway?? Actually installing the mods when the come in, who would want to do that
Old 03-27-2006, 06:45 PM
318whp/289wtq @ 6psi

installing mods suck!!!!!!

I love having a stock TL!
Old 03-27-2006, 06:57 PM
Tint The Windshield

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Arrow Sign Up For The Mega Meet Round Up Location In Rockville, MD

Mid Atlantic Mega Meet Thread This Saturday, April 1st... Click Here

Old 03-27-2006, 06:57 PM
1st Gear

meh,

what's up AZ peeps.

Had a blast saturday at the meet and props on the group of cars that showed. You guys have some clean ass rides.

As to the drama, you live and you learn... it's always hard planing this kind of stuff right down to the minute detail via online forums. Hell even meeting in person shit gets screwed up. But in all I guess it worked out in the end
Old 03-27-2006, 07:17 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts

ahh heres me scoping out Lito's car..

Old 03-27-2006, 07:22 PM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by EuRTSX

ahh heres me scoping out Lito's car..

Next time join the group! We're all pretty much laid back and easygoing It's always nice to meet new people.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by JPTL-S
Next time join the group! We're all pretty much laid back and easygoing It's always nice to meet new people.

NEVAR must be

XD Yeah I'll join the group next time, I just had such little time, and I just wanted to see what other types of TSX's there were =) Lets have another meet sometime soon, but like a "chill" type meet, maybe grab some dinner, go on a drive =D That'd be nice haha
Old 03-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Registered abuser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xtin
I REALLY want to go to the MegaMeet but I have a surprise party that day that Im organizing.

Grrrr!
Clear your PM box...All those guys PMing you must be hard work.....LOL

Last edited by iobidder; 03-27-2006 at 08:08 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:05 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,836 Likes on 2,572 Posts
sounds like the meet was a pretty big success except for the little bit of drama. hopefully I will make some this summer once I am out of school.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:11 PM
SOLOCG

It was a success to bad it went down the way it did but we'll fix the problems we had for the next time around come this summer.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:52 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by EuRTSX
NEVAR must be

XD Yeah I'll join the group next time, I just had such little time, and I just wanted to see what other types of TSX's there were =) Lets have another meet sometime soon, but like a "chill" type meet, maybe grab some dinner, go on a drive =D That'd be nice haha
You coming to the Mega Meet? I'll have more surprises to show you if you introduce yourself this time
Old 03-27-2006, 10:57 PM
Pink things in...

Great choice and great price Jeff, hoepfully you'll be happy with them.

As for Pinky_TTC and Tzakiel, I wasn't sure what to expect. I PM'ed Jon at the beginning of last week but never heard back, but that's understandable with all the moving and such, glad to see that things are moving along auite well
LOL. We've been SOOOOOO BUSY with moving, but we're about settled. Unfortunately Jon's REALLLLLLLLY sick at the moment (puking and all that lovely stuff). BUT we want to come to the mega meet.

Are we setting up a VA meeting spot? I read some of the previous posts in this thread that you guys met up at bloomies in tysons?!

Jon's now presuading me to get flippin' 19 inch inspyres (since I don't want to lower my car).

Count us in!
Old 03-27-2006, 10:57 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
How many cars came out to the meet?
Old 03-27-2006, 11:21 PM
Registered abuser

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
A lot!
Old 03-27-2006, 11:25 PM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by pinky_ttc
LOL. We've been SOOOOOO BUSY with moving, but we're about settled. Unfortunately Jon's REALLLLLLLLY sick at the moment (puking and all that lovely stuff). BUT we want to come to the mega meet.

Are we setting up a VA meeting spot? I read some of the previous posts in this thread that you guys met up at bloomies in tysons?!

Jon's now presuading me to get flippin' 19 inch inspyres (since I don't want to lower my car).

Count us in!
It would be nice to have you guys back in the fold, it's been a while. Hope Jon feels better; I think a couple of us caught a cold from standing out in the chilly air this past weekend.

As for Tyson's, it's kinda hit or miss with mall security. They found us up top this past weekend but were pretty cool about it, they just told us to park our cars in spots eventhough we wer the only ones there , but that's fine with me unless you guys can thing of another place somewhat closer to the Springfield interchange since this would pretty much give us a straight shot to the commuter parking lot. Let me know what you folks think!
Old 03-27-2006, 11:29 PM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
Eric, as Iobidder stated, there were quite a few. I don't know the exact number but we took up a fair share of the park's parking spaces.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:56 AM
SOLOCG

We had a meet in tyson's about 2 months ago and mall security kicked us out and even gave us problems inside the mall which pissed me and the rest off. I'm down for a VA meet as long as it's not the same place lol. Also I would guess we had about 100+ cars this past weekend at the BBQ.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:59 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by telele
We had a meet in tyson's about 2 months ago and mall security kicked us out and even gave us problems inside the mall which pissed me and the rest off. I'm down for a VA meet as long as it's not the same place lol. Also I would guess we had about 100+ cars this past weekend at the BBQ.
Yeah, hopefully if we are just meeting up there it won't be a big deal... by the time they realize it we will just leave anyway
Old 03-28-2006, 08:19 AM
Recently turned 18

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I want to do some chill stuff. I think that's how most of it should be anyway. Not these cats popping off exhausts and smoking tires in quiet neihborhoods. Negative publicity. I kinda wanted to plan something chill real soon. My birthday is Saturday so I'll get to do something similar hopefully. Seriously thinking about making that drive to VA Beach to let Snow give me a hand with the Teins, Cambers and Sways. Hmmm, I wonder how many mods you can do in ONE day/weekend?
Old 03-28-2006, 08:59 AM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
Yeah, hopefully if we are just meeting up there it won't be a big deal... by the time they realize it we will just leave anyway
This will just be a premeet gathering point. Unless you guys want to meet up at Springfield mall where we met for the first Mega Meet gathering last year. The only problem we ran into was trying to keep everyone together getting onto 95 south
Old 03-28-2006, 09:31 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

I want to do some chill stuff. I think that's how most of it should be anyway. Not these cats popping off exhausts and smoking tires in quiet neihborhoods. Negative publicity. I kinda wanted to plan something chill real soon. My birthday is Saturday so I'll get to do something similar hopefully. Seriously thinking about making that drive to VA Beach to let Snow give me a hand with the Teins, Cambers and Sways. Hmmm, I wonder how many mods you can do in ONE day/weekend?
Hey man, sounds good. I am sure you don't wanna do it on your b-day and I have to work that day anyway. Not sure what the hours for the hobby shop are on Sundays either. Let me know when you wanna do it. I think we can probably do the all that stuff in one day. I've never done cambers or sways but I am sure we can figure it out. And like I said, if you get a couple more people interested, I'll make the trip up there if it's easier.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:07 AM
Registered abuser

Eric, as Iobidder stated, there were quite a few. I don't know the exact number but we took up a fair share of the park's parking spaces.
Double and triple parking at the peak of the meet/BBQ. It was a HUGE success as far as I observed.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:36 PM
I like to whistle in my

Maryland is the shyat because...

We know how to drive in a traffic circle....

..I thought that was hilarious
Old 03-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
You coming to the Mega Meet? I'll have more surprises to show you if you introduce yourself this time

I'll try, I came out this time because I was on my spring break, but I'll probably make it to most of the summer meets =)

Surprises eh??
Old 03-29-2006, 07:11 AM
Doctor Sarcasm

It would be nice to have you guys back in the fold, it's been a while. Hope Jon feels better; I think a couple of us caught a cold from standing out in the chilly air this past weekend.

As for Tyson's, it's kinda hit or miss with mall security. They found us up top this past weekend but were pretty cool about it, they just told us to park our cars in spots eventhough we wer the only ones there , but that's fine with me unless you guys can thing of another place somewhat closer to the Springfield interchange since this would pretty much give us a straight shot to the commuter parking lot. Let me know what you folks think!
You cant catch a cold from standing in cold weather.

Sorry, Im a med student and this myth drives me insane
Old 03-29-2006, 07:24 AM
アキュラ 力

You cant catch a cold from standing in cold weather.

Sorry, Im a med student and this myth drives me insane
Now that you mention it I do recall one of my professors teaching us this way back in high school, but that's been ages ago
Old 03-29-2006, 08:20 AM
Doctor Sarcasm

Now that you mention it I do recall one of my professors teaching us this way back in high school, but that's been ages ago
More people get sick/colds in the winter because they stay inside more often and thats more of a breeding ground for germs and airborne bacteria =)

Im glad my $100,000 education is paying off. hahahha
Old 03-29-2006, 09:20 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

More people get sick/colds in the winter because they stay inside more often and thats more of a breeding ground for germs and airborne bacteria =)

but you are more susceptible because your body is working harder to keep warm as you move from a warm climate (in) to a colder one (out)?
Old 03-29-2006, 09:34 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

wow, everyone sounds so smart...can't we get back to talking about cars. That's something I know about...even though it's only a little. And xtin, $100,000 for your education...that's crazy. I was shocked when I figured my Bachelors cost $50,000. That's alot of darn money. I'll bet you're real smart though...so I may be asking you some questions.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:39 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Originally Posted by snowman81
wow, everyone sounds so smart...can't we get back to talking about cars. That's something I know about...even though it's only a little. And xtin, $100,000 for your education...that's crazy. I was shocked when I figured my Bachelors cost $50,000. That's alot of darn money. I'll bet you're real smart though...so I may be asking you some questions.
like how do you fix the 2nd/3rd clutch packs?
Old 03-29-2006, 10:02 AM
Advanced

Yea, I have about $80,000 in loans right now for my bachelors and master's in computer engineering....my bachelors was in molecular engineering....EEEK!
Old 03-29-2006, 12:04 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Yea, I have about $80,000 in loans right now for my bachelors and master's in computer engineering....my bachelors was in molecular engineering....EEEK!
Molecular engineering....what kind of molecules were you planning on designing?
On a side note...I know you were talking about having a meet in May sometime. I've been trying to get an idea of when I can plan a VA Beach meet for and how many people would be interested in coming. That being said, do you have a date when you are planning your meet for? I don't want to interfere with your meet.

Originally Posted by Malayalee King
like how do you fix the 2nd/3rd clutch packs?
I wish, you know how rich I'd be?? I'll work on that one though
Old 03-29-2006, 02:59 PM
Registered abuser

Man, I thought my Criminal Justice loans were bad, it's nothing compared to yours.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:18 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by Malayalee King
but you are more susceptible because your body is working harder to keep warm as you move from a warm climate (in) to a colder one (out)?
Ya lost me

Quick Reply: BBQ (cookout) Meet in March-MD/DC/VA/PA/NJ March 25th