BBQ (cookout) Meet in March-MD/DC/VA/PA/NJ March 25th

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 06:46 AM
アキュラ 力

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Upcoming Mega Meet

BTW guys, don't forget to check for updates on the Mega Meet Thread, it's coming up this weekend!!

Malayalee King, I can't believe you're sitting this one out :troutslap
Old 03-27-2006, 06:53 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn chris that sucks man... at least it sounds like you found your wallet
Old 03-27-2006, 07:51 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
Damn chris that sucks man... at least it sounds like you found your wallet

Yeah it was at home on my computer desk. I was that it was there.

Hey let me know if you guys wanna meet up again for pictures or just to hang out. I had also mentioned to JP via PM about maybe doing mini week night meets. We do them over at NASIOC and they seem to get bigger and bigger every week. Usually we change the location of the meet weekly to help accommodate everyones location. This way someone doesn't feel that they are always driving the furthest to the meets. Normally we have them on a Wednesday or Thursday night around 7:30 at somewhere like Fuddruckers, Glory Days, Buffalo Factory, etc.. These are usually places that don't have a problem accommodating such a large group. I normally get home between 9-10:30 depending on location and just how the meet goes. If you just wanna check out one of the Nasioc meets let me know and I will PM you the location and date.

I had a good time hanging out with everyone and meeting some new people.

As for the paintballs yeah it came right off and luckily there were no dents. I was lucky they hit the bumper and not the fender. I was also lucky they hit that aluminum strip on the hood just above the A rather than hitting the hood itself or the Acura emblem. I know paintballs are biodegradable and what not and they wash right off because they are soap based. I was just pissed that I had to rinse my car off at 9pm in the cold let alone that my car was targeted by some haters. It wasn't so bad I guess since the car was already clean and all I did was spray it off and then dry the car off. If I had to bust out the soap and water I probably would have been even more pissed off than I already was.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:09 AM
SOLOCG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok guys here are some pics I took, wish I would've brought my bigger memory card so I could of shot bigger pics but these came out alright.

Old 03-27-2006, 08:20 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
good stuff dre! do you have the list of the winning cars? i was checking the other sites, no dice tho
Old 03-27-2006, 08:26 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice pics man. Lots of them too...that's great.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:27 AM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by snowman81
Yeah, definitely try out photobucket. It resizes for you and you can upload multiple files at once.
On a side note, I didn't see you at the meet but if that is you in your avatar...you look exactly like a girl I used to work with. I mean you could be her sister.
Yeah its me =)
Old 03-27-2006, 08:29 AM
SOLOCG

Originally Posted by Malayalee King
good stuff dre! do you have the list of the winning cars? i was checking the other sites, no dice tho

I was not a judge I had wayne with the Crazy Red EVO replace me, but I'll see if some how I can get a list of the winners.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:58 AM
Racer

Im glad to see everybody had a good time! Thats how I wanted it to go for the most part, even though there was some drama at first, but it was all good! This more then likely will be my last time planning event! Its not to much work at all, its just, assholes like civiccoupeman, that can talk shit behind peoples back, but when they get in there face, there all smiles! I hate dealing wit fake people. I will help with the planning of the VA Beach trip cause I promised Snowman81 and 240cls!!! Im looking forward to that very much! Tele(also known at the honda accord group) well thats what I like to call them, yall are good peoples, and I would love to plan another meet with yall guys if thats ok!!! Yall are top notch people!
Old 03-27-2006, 09:14 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

^ you should check out the mdstreetscene forum -- and seeing how Js in heavy affiliation with Dre (I pressume) it maybe difficult, in my opinion.

oh yeah, and get that redonkulus window sticker off your car else it will be confiscated
Old 03-27-2006, 09:18 AM
アキュラ 力

^^ Wait is he kidding? Reverse psychology maybe
Old 03-27-2006, 09:21 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Originally Posted by JPTL-S
^^ Wait is he kidding? Reverse psychology maybe
the car, not the banner
Old 03-27-2006, 09:26 AM
アキュラ 力

the car, not the banner
Bro I was referring to the post immediately preceding yours (I should have used quotes), obviously someone missed something big time :wink:

Last edited by JPTL-S; 03-27-2006 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:28 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Bro I was referring to the quote prior to yours (I should have used quotes), obviously someone missed something :wink:
I was wondering the same thing
Old 03-27-2006, 09:31 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Bro I was referring to the post immediately preceeding yours (I should have used quotes), obviously someone missed something big time :wink:
Old 03-27-2006, 10:05 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by lil_turbo4
Im glad to see everybody had a good time! Thats how I wanted it to go for the most part, even though there was some drama at first, but it was all good! This more then likely will be my last time planning event! Its not to much work at all, its just, assholes like civiccoupeman, that can talk shit behind peoples back, but when they get in there face, there all smiles! I hate dealing wit fake people. I will help with the planning of the VA Beach trip cause I promised Snowman81 and 240cls!!! Im looking forward to that very much! Tele(also known at the honda accord group) well thats what I like to call them, yall are good peoples, and I would love to plan another meet with yall guys if thats ok!!! Yall are top notch people!

Fake? Dude, u were the one fakin boss...and if you're helping to plan anything with someone else, let them be warned...u didn't "plan" squat, you showed and freeloaded with all your boys...nice job "planning" or being an "organizer" as you put it so eloquently when we were arguing...dog, I had other people doing jobs that they should of had no part in like grilling, helping with payment, etc...but you show up towards the end of the meet, that's a solid job being an "organizer"
Old 03-27-2006, 10:11 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Old 03-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Advanced

Look if its going to be a problem paying 5 bucks then don't come, I could f*cking care less!!! I just wanted this to be a big meet, since its so much bitching going on, this will be my last planned event! I can't take this shit nomore, Im 23 years old, and I got better shit to do, then argue about paying some money!!! Im already putting up between 50 and 60 bucks, just for most of yall to have a great time, Im not going to do dat shit no more! So yall can either pay 5 bucks for food and chill, or if you enter the show pay 10, its that simple, the people that are helping me plan this are quality people! Im a short tempered person, and I will speak my mind and I don't give a shit who you are, thats how I am, so you either deal with it and shut da f*ck up talkin dat bullshit, or yall ass dont need to show up! Im not talking to everybody, but just the ones that are whinning about it! I already kept the cops away! I ask my dad for a big favor and he came through for me, if yall dont' know who he is, he is a (Chief of Police), so I got dat shit on lock! Now can we just all be happy, and turn this meet into the best meet ever!!!
And since you are also ignoring my other post, here it is again:

Do you not remember this post? You definitely dropped the ball on this one boss.

Being an organizer entitled you nothing, I paid, as well as all the other organizers. I even had people watch me pay. I ended up losing nearly $60. This I don't care about, its the principle. Everyone else paid, what made your friends special?

I want to make clear what actually happened when the drama went down. First of all, when you rolled in with your 4-5 other cars with mad people, I asked you if you were going to handle payment. You said yes, yet I received not a dime for the 10-15 people you brought initially.

I then saw a string of 4 more cars, this is where the "problem" came up. I aproached the cars as I did with EVERYONE at the meet, and asked if they were showing or just hanging out. They opted not to show, but I told them it was $5 a head. They said they were just there to hang out. I told them everyone at that meet paid $5 a head, they would have to pay or leave. Then proceeded to park and walk over. I told them that I made it clear, he ignored me and walked past me. This is a clear disrespect.

After some choice words, you come over and back up your boy exclaiming you were an organizer, none of this was in the original plan (which we went over and over, I thought we were all on the same page), and your dad was the chief of police (not sure what this had to do with anything)

I had a great time otherwise, I just wanted this to be known, Troy, do not ever try to A) organize anything with me again B) show up to anything I organize
and another one:
yea you missed it, and good that you did, I did not want it to be a scene, but when you're an organizer, and you show up with 30 of your friends at 5-5:30pm, and not expect to pay when we've been through this, and then throw the "im an organizer" card, that's rediculous. Where have you been dog? I've been here since 8am. Not only that, what did troy truely do beside show with his friends?

Did he:
1) Rent the park or even call to make arrangements?
2) Buy the bulk of the food?
3) Man the gate to make sure everyone paid? (we all know he didnt do this haha)
4) Organize what each other organizer was doing?
5) Help set up?
6) Help period?

What did he do? Can anyone tell me? Am I being fair? He told me he told his dad not to have the cops come around. Well, the cops showed for the accident, maybe he whispered to them just leave us be and deal with this accident? Doubtful.

The food was a bonus, being there was what the $5 was for, it was not necessarily the food. We rented the grounds, to help with the costs of the thing its only fair if everyone paid. That's why I raised such an acception. Christ, I made and financed most of this, so I was merely trying to make back what I spent.

Regardless of whether you wanted the car show (which is why we had 2 prices, for those of you that were interested, and those of you that weren't) the price was simple. $5 to help pay for the rental fees, or $10 to help pay for the trophy fees. The food was there as an added bonus. We ended up with almost 300 hotdogs 300 hamburgers 250 sodas and 6 bags of chips, we are not a restaurant so the food was first come first serve, the fee was for eatting also, but to be honest, I could have done without all of it and just collected $5 from you all for the rental fee that I fronted We served food for almost 3 hours so it wasn't a lack of food.

My last question of the day, Troy, did you help clean up? Did you help with organzing the trophy celebration? Oh that's right, when it came down to get your hands dirty and do real organizer jobs, you came up empty boss. Thanks for everything baller, you were a real gem.
Well I'm done on this topic, its just curious how Troy conveniently forgets or ignores pretty important aspects of the meet and pulls the "I'm an organizer" card, which seems to me he thinks that he can do whatever he pleases based on this. Let anyone who works with this dude be warned, I just don't mess with people that A) lie stone cold to my face B) strong arms me about an issue that he was wrong on and C) is supposedly helping us, but shows at the end of the meet and doesn't lift a finger to help

Absolutely worthless in my opinion, but like they say, opinions are like a$$holes, everyone's got one.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:24 AM
Recently turned 18

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^ wtf? (the cat)

(the drama)

Old 03-27-2006, 10:28 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

^ haha that cat is sittin sideways! sittin! sideways!

jason - know where any more of the pics maybe posted?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:30 AM
Advanced

Very cute haha....i have 3 cats, they are all lazy, fat, and spoiled!
Old 03-27-2006, 10:33 AM
Advanced

^ haha that cat is sittin sideways! sittin! sideways!

jason - know where any more of the pics maybe posted?

i have a bunch of my own, just haven't a time to get them uploaded...I know MDSS has them, and so does BWImports.org has them up....telele is a friggin photographer at heart, he takes the best shots, mine stink compared to his haha.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:49 AM
SOLOCG

^ you should check out the mdstreetscene forum -- and seeing how Js in heavy affiliation with Dre (I pressume) it maybe difficult, in my opinion.

oh yeah, and get that redonkulus window sticker off your car else it will be confiscated

I know things are a bit sour right now, I don't mind working with anyone. This is all a misunderstanding I just met Jason the day of the BBQ and I thought he did a great job with the event and putting it togther. Troy cool as shit with me and the Acura guys will always be straight with me I have no problems with you guys and look forward to future events when it get's warmer A few things should of just been left alone let's just move on forward and have the next event with out and hassles. This event was successful but let's just try to make the next one trouble free.Jason you think these are nice lol, I'm using my shitty camera with a crappy 16meg card lol, I need my camera fixed or I might buy a new one lol.

Last edited by telele; 03-27-2006 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:24 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

^ wat kinda camera do you usually use?
Old 03-27-2006, 12:38 PM
I like to whistle in my

That's cute Made me smile
Thats actually the kinda cat i wanna get next since mine passed away over a year ago.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by telele
I know things are a bit sour right now, I don't mind working with anyone. This is all a misunderstanding I just met Jason the day of the BBQ and I thought he did a great job with the event and putting it togther.
Well again when you're the one heavily invested financially into a meet, I have a much heavier interest that everyone pays the piper. Troy I thought was on the same page as us all, obviously not. And the way he approached me with his boys behind him, basically strong arming me, you don't think I have a right to react the way I am?

Troy cool as shit with me
I have no problem with others being friends with this guy, I don't know him from adam, and my first impression was my opinions expressed earlier. No need to go into anymore.

The Acura guys will always be straight with me I have no problems with you guys and look forward to future events when it get's warmer
Me too, I enjoyed everyone's company. I will keep everyone posted on any events I know of or plan in the future.

A few things should of just been left alone let's just move on forward and have the next event with out and hassles. This event was successful but let's just try to make the next one trouble free.
Again, easy for people to say kill the drama, but when a) I put up 90% of the cash for this meet ($600-$700 I haven't gotten a final total) b) put up tons of time into the meet to organize it and some schmo waltzes in a 5pm thinking he's billy bad ass because he's the so-called "organizer" of the meet, I take acception to that. I felt taken advantage of, threatened physically, and disrespected by someone that was basically supposed to be on my side. If you can defend this and tell me he is a good person...great, I don't see it.

Jason you think these are nice lol, I'm using my shitty camera with a crappy 16meg card lol, I need my camera fixed or I might buy a new one lol.
Wow, I need to get a better camera then, cuz some of the shots you guys take look so friggin nice.

Live and learn, that's what I've come away with. Put your neck out there for total strangers, you're bound to get burned. Luckily the damage was minimal, so alls well that ends well.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:12 PM
Registered abuser

Here is my belated feedback from being one of the organizers...

http://www.bwimports.org/forums/show...8017#post38017

All in all, I had a bitchin' time! See you all at the mega meet!
Old 03-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by jason2713
Fake? Dude, u were the one fakin boss...and if you're helping to plan anything with someone else, let them be warned...u didn't "plan" squat, you showed and freeloaded with all your boys...nice job "planning" or being an "organizer" as you put it so eloquently when we were arguing...dog, I had other people doing jobs that they should of had no part in like grilling, helping with payment, etc...but you show up towards the end of the meet, that's a solid job being an "organizer"

Look here you little fuck!!! I was organizer bitch! Don't ever in your fuckin life come at me like that!!! I was going to say Im sorry to you, you bitch, but forget dat shit, First of all, I was planning this meet from the jump, it was yall that wanted to turn this dumb shit into a show, I just wanted to chill, another thing asshole, after our little argument, I talked to Dre and Itai and offered to pay them the money for me, that dude joe that you were yelling at and the rest of my boys!!! We all came to agreement, they told me to forget it, dont worry about paying, but I told them I didn't want to do them like that! And I still do plan to give them the money, Your not the only one who wasted money you dumb fuck!!! I had a shit load of food in my car! Another thing, the meet was suppose to start at 2pm, what the fuck happen to that??? Yall switching the fuckin times and shit! You sit there and fuckin cry and run back to Dre and Itai talkin bout I was about to hit you, Now that I think about I should have hit you dead in your fuckin face!!! Dont ever talk shit to me like that! Who the fuck are you suppose to be? You fake as shit. I'll just give the money to Dre and Itai, when I see them, since you crying like a little bitch. And one more thing, if I see you in the street, and you say one word to me or about me, I'm going hit your ass right where you stand!!!
Old 03-27-2006, 02:38 PM
Registered abuser

Look here you little fuck!!! I was organizer bitch! Don't ever in your fuckin life come at me like that!!! I was going to say Im sorry to you, you bitch, but forget dat shit, First of all, I was planning this meet from the jump, it was yall that wanted to turn this dumb shit into a show, I just wanted to chill, another thing asshole, after our little argument, I talked to Dre and Itai and offered to pay them the money for me, that dude joe that you were yelling at and the rest of my boys!!! We all came to agreement, they told me to forget it, dont worry about paying, but I told them I didn't want to do them like that! And I still do plan to give them the money, Your not the only one who wasted money you dumb fuck!!! I had a shit load of food in my car! Another thing, the meet was suppose to start at 2pm, what the fuck happen to that??? Yall switching the fuckin times and shit! You sit there and fuckin cry and run back to Dre and Itai talkin bout I was about to hit you, Now that I think about I should have hit you dead in your fuckin face!!! Dont ever talk shit to me like that! Who the fuck are you suppose to be? You fake as shit. I'll just give the money to Dre and Itai, when I see them, since you crying like a little bitch. And one more thing, if I see you in the street, and you say one word to me or about me, I'm going hit your ass right where you stand!!!
C'mon man, for real, that is a little out of hand! I think you and Jason need to come to a mutual understanding rather then threatening one another.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:21 PM
Advanced

I give up this is pretty much what i was facing at the meet, and why i got so upset... troy, u're a 23 yr old grown ass man, settling things with violence is for teenagers.

Since you were the organizer, maybe I misunderstand what your role was in the meet...to me it looked like you had the title, yet nothing to back it up. To me, it looked as though I fronted most of this, organized most of this, bought most of the food which I enjoyed every step of the way. The only thing I added was registration forms and trophies which you didnt have to be part of.

Even if the "car show" didnt happen, who was paying for the food and reservations for the park? This was the sole reason when I wanted to undo all the stuff I had done (park reservations, food, trophies, planning) and just get a refund on all the money I put out. I had absolutely no problem coming with my $5 and be a regular joe. It would have meant less headaches and no late nights discussing the meet.

Finally, I did not see Troy or even really talk to him through the planning process or the day of the meet. I think I may have talked to him once in the month planning for the meet, and then he shows up late on meet day. Not helping set up, not helping cooking, not helping getting payment, not helping do dick. If he had a car full of food, why wasn't it cooked? Why didnt he help clean up? Why didnt he help with the trophies? I mean honestly, WHAT DID HE DO OTHER THAN SHOW UP WITH HIS BOYS, AND REFUSE TO PAY??? Please tell me.

Again, I am responding, not starting another post.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:00 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Old 03-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Advanced

haha that's funny

well disregard my message, i want nothing to do with this anymore...its getting outta control, Troy is threatening my health which I do not take lightly...have a good one guys, hopefully I post on better circumstances.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:43 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Yeah count me in for the next meet you put together !!! </sarcasm>

I feel like Im back in high school. Sorry Tony, I dont know you but you are coming off as a machismo boy with too much testoterone.

Jason, you rock and I will support any meet/hangout/Dave and Busters activities you are running. Maybe we can find somewhere free to host and people can bring what they want to eat..that way there is no collecting money because I agree, that can be an awkward thing.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:51 PM
Registered abuser

The Mega Meet is soon to come!
Old 03-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by iobidder
The Mega Meet is soon to come!

When is the megameet? Is that the one on April 1st?

I gotta work until 3pm, I may be able to make it, but not sure. The girlfriend is feeling neglected and I may need to put in some QT with her. Its been a long March!

I am open to suggestions for sites for the next meeting...wanna try to get one going for hopefully mid May. Obviously we will be competing with car show during this time, so its gonna be hard to get everyone there like we did this one
Old 03-27-2006, 05:16 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

^ yah april 1st. i know theres another thread in the MEETS section about it...quite a few heads.

damn it my mouse died R.I.P

actually, i just need new batteries
Old 03-27-2006, 05:17 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

I REALLY want to go to the MegaMeet but I have a surprise party that day that Im organizing.

Grrrr!
Old 03-27-2006, 05:26 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by xtin
I REALLY want to go to the MegaMeet but I have a surprise party that day that Im organizing.

Grrrr!
that sucks, anyone on myspace? I ran into that dude with the black civic with yellow headlights on there....

I guess if you are, add me as a friend, I'll post bulletins and such...or am the only loser with an account

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=16501953
Old 03-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jason2713
that sucks, anyone on myspace? I ran into that dude with the black civic with yellow headlights on there....

I guess if you are, add me as a friend, I'll post bulletins and such...or am the only loser with an account

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=16501953
Nope, I am a myspace loser to. Here is my page...add me as a friend
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=28960123
Old 03-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Advanced

here is a funny thing i ran across about maryland being the shlt:

I’m from Maryland, we are the SHIT cuz:

We aren’t northern, we aren’t southern, we're just chill.

We can catch cook and crack our own crabs from our own bay.

We are in Maryland, the best state in the US, which means we have skiing out west, farm country to the north, the bay right in the middle, the ocean out to the east, and suburbs all over, take your pick.

Senior week, or should I say month is not only in Ocean City it IS Ocean City...This is the drunkest month in America...

We can drink any city/state under the table. (i.e. we have a better night life than you!)

And we BONG beers like it’s our job, FYI it’s not FUNNELING!

The best beer pong players are all Maryland born and bred.

Here, Flip cup is considered a Varsity sport. Flip or get kicked off the table!!!

Bmore has the highest murder rate in the nation....don't fuck with us...we'll kill you

We really really really hate the Steelers, Yankees and Duke; By hate we mean we'd cut up their fans.

Our governor fights for our right to play slot machines....We like to gamble...

We have some of the best lacrosse in the world. Bayhawks; MLL National Champs and Hopkins; NCAA National Champs.

Every time you go to see the Orioles you hope a homerun breaks one of the warehouse windows...

You remember where you were when the Ravens won the Superbowl and the Terps won the National Championship

Grown men who wear purple are manly....

We all know Ray and Jamal didn't have anything to do with those crimes...

Drink specials... everyday...

Towson, Canton, Fed Hill, Fells, Powerplant and so much more! So many choices... so many beers... again with the best night life..

We can hit the club, drink at a friend’s house, and go to southern Maryland for boating/crabbing and offroading, all in one weekend.

We have an excellent selection of colleges to party at on the weekends....that means more fraternity boys and sorority girls!

We have 2 of the top 10 richest county’s in the country...yea.. we're that cocky..

We know how to drive in a traffic circle....

Old Bay seasoning is the shit... and very accessible here!

We have WAWA. And ours have free chip nights.

We call it pizza, pie is just gay.

Summer will make you sweat your balls off, and winter will give them frostbite.

We've never thought anyone from Cali was a god.

We get shit loads of snow days and use them to drink and go sled riding/skiing/snowboarding.

TV shows about rich kids whining haven’t got shit on The Wire, which was filmed right here in Baltimore. Oh and don’t forget The Blair Witch Project, and all the John Waters films (Crybaby, Hairspray, Serial Mom, etc...)

Fuck real Mexican food, Chipotle is the shlt.

We call a creek a "crick"

We call a sink a "zink"

We don't wash our clothes we "warsh" them

We have soda not pop.

We get off school for three inches of snow

We can take apart a crab like a surgeon

Maryland is the shlt... Repost this if your from Maryland and proud of it ..

You ain't got shlt on us... don't even try.

Quick Reply: BBQ (cookout) Meet in March-MD/DC/VA/PA/NJ March 25th