Kp technologies window roll up module

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 05:14 PM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts
Kp technologies window roll up module

I had a kp technologies window roll up module (ITEM#HM20) from my 2010 tl that I took out before trade in and installed it on my ZDX and just wanted to let you guys know it works.

for you guys who dont know what it does.

"The window roll-up module easily installs inside your vehicle's door panel and allows you to roll the windows up by pressing the 'LOCK' button twice on your key FOB remote." with the tech and advance it also will close all open windows and sunroof with a double press of the button on the door handle.

This is handy because the sunroof doesnt have auto close. It works well except it does not hold the close button long enough to close the sun shade if the sunroof is open. If only the sunshade is open it will close the sun shade completely.

Module is $49.99 at http://kptechnologies.com/products.php#/17
Old 07-28-2011, 09:06 PM
Off roading in his

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I would love to get this, it's too bad I lack the skill to install it
Old 07-29-2011, 03:04 AM
Racer

Its really easy to install. If you wanna do it let me know and ill post some pics on how to do it. Its just a few wire taps and taking the door panel off and putting it on. It will take max an hour with the pics. Also, I emailed Kevin at KP technologies and he is going to mail me an updated chip so it closes the moonroof and shade. If you gonna order it let him know its for a zdx and im sure he will send you an adapted module with extended close. Im really happy cause it sucks to have to hold the close button so long to close the roof and shade. Being in Hawaii im always driving with at least the shade open so this is a major time saver for me.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:53 AM
Off roading in his

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm definitely interested - if you can post pics that would be awesome. I was able to hardwire my valentine one radar to the TL-S that I had, but got scared when I tried to do it to the Zdx, because of the closeness of the panels and the quality of the assembly.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:56 PM
Racer

Heres the album of the two pics i took. I will try to put up detailed instructions soon. But I figure I just get these two pics up to show what to connect the wires too. Note on the wire harness that it has two pink wires comming out of it as well as two turqoise wires comming out of it. Connect to the wires on the side with the push clip on it.

Post questions if you have any. Ill try to get pics of where the door screws are to take the panel off.

https://acurazine.com/forums/members/hawaii-tsx-51067-albums-zdx-driver-door-wire-harness-9496/
Old 09-01-2011, 11:31 AM
I have car ADD

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
if this is so easy to implement.. why didnt Acura make this a standard with their models?

I hate how most cars can "roll down" their windows from the remote, but cant roll them back up?!
Old 10-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
since you are installed this is thing
do you had any problem with them?
Old 10-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Towtae
since you are installed this is thing
do you had any problem with them?
Absolutely no problems. This module came off my 2010 TL and now using in my ZDX so ive had it for about 12 months now. Its great. I just double press my lock button on the door handle or push lock button twice on my remote and every thing closes. The shade will close half way if the roof is open. If the roof is closed and shade open it will close completely. KP will make the module hold the close longer if you let them know when you order that its for a zdx. the module i listed is for the 2010 tl.

They will not list it as compatable with the zdx because they have never installed and tested on themselves.

Let me know if you are gonna do it and have any questions.

Thanks