iPhone 12, Acura TLX, & CarPlay sync tip

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2023, 04:02 PM
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts
If you have read all of the posts in this Thread, you know I haven't been happy with Acura Car Play for some time. The unhappiness with our '22 TLX exacerbated itself the more I drove our '23 MDX, which performed much better. Last night I was contemplating a swap to a '24 TLX just to get better car play (wireless in the '24).

Not saying I have a complete fix, but today I changed a setting in my iPhone (see below) and connectivity issues seem to have gone away. I can plug in before I start the car and so far the device connects. SIGNIFICANTLY better than previous.

After lending my car to a Honda leader for a few days, who's team is accountable for this solution, he returned without experiencing the same issues I had. Got me thinking about the various settings between the two products (car and iPhone) and I dug into the settings. I hope this is a permanent fix, but I didn't have the same issues with my MDX while my phone had the setting to not allow Accessories, so time will tell.

Love the Type-S (both of them actually), and hopefully no longer unhappy with Car Play in the TLX.

The following users liked this post:
Jim2301 (12-06-2023)
Old 12-06-2023, 08:21 AM
Drifting

Received 1,231 Likes on 890 Posts
Originally Posted by KidK
If you have read all of the posts in this Thread, you know I haven't been happy with Acura Car Play for some time. The unhappiness with our '22 TLX exacerbated itself the more I drove our '23 MDX, which performed much better. Last night I was contemplating a swap to a '24 TLX just to get better car play (wireless in the '24).

Not saying I have a complete fix, but today I changed a setting in my iPhone (see below) and connectivity issues seem to have gone away. I can plug in before I start the car and so far the device connects. SIGNIFICANTLY better than previous.

After lending my car to a Honda leader for a few days, who's team is accountable for this solution, he returned without experiencing the same issues I had. Got me thinking about the various settings between the two products (car and iPhone) and I dug into the settings. I hope this is a permanent fix, but I didn't have the same issues with my MDX while my phone had the setting to not allow Accessories, so time will tell.

Love the Type-S (both of them actually), and hopefully no longer unhappy with Car Play in the TLX.

This iPhone setting has been "ON" even when I had my TLX and it didn't help. You'd think a wired CP setup would be slamdunk reliable but boy did Acura prove me wrong!

Hope your tip becomes useful to others as I ended up getting rid of the car after 2 years.