Audio Can Not Be Used Right Now

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2024, 09:47 AM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Audio Can Not Be Used Right Now

I'm starting the car with AcuraLink. Open the door with remote. The stereo was left in Bluetooth mode.
No audio would play.
Change source to to Sirius XM.
Kept getting this message on the dashboard.
Audio cannot be used right now.
???
Had to pull over and turn the vehicle off, open the door, close the door and turn the wheel back on and order for audio to work.

What is up with that?!
Old 01-14-2024, 09:56 AM
Intermediate

Dang talk to text. Sorry. Can't figure out how to edit the post
Old 01-15-2024, 07:14 AM
Racer

Received 103 Likes on 89 Posts
This happened to us 10 minutes after picking up our '24 MDX. It seems these cars think you're still trying to use the hands-free push to talk button, we toggled it a few times and the issue went away.
Old 01-15-2024, 08:03 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vertigo2
This happened to us 10 minutes after picking up our '24 MDX. It seems these cars think you're still trying to use the hands-free push to talk button, we toggled it a few times and the issue went away.
I also read this online when it happened. I tried twice to push to talk and tell it cancel. Maybe the third time was a charm, and I was too frustrated.
What was messed up. ..it would not let me power off the unit with the power button?! Even a 30 second push. I'll mention it to the dealer and see what kind of yeah yeah I get.
Thanks !
The following users liked this post:
vertigo2 (01-15-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 07:49 AM
Drifting

Received 1,231 Likes on 890 Posts
Welcome to AZ and hope the dealer works out the issues with you!
Old 02-01-2024, 04:07 PM
6th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Smile TLX's Infotaiment Reset Procedures when it "hangs"or No Audio Available

Hello, hope everyone is doing okay. I read the comments and this particular issue is very common on the MDX and TLXs, because for the reason that the infotainment it is based on a Custom Version of Android KitKat 4.4.4_XX ( Kinda Outdated for android users like myself) and off course it does have its limitations.

The Problem you described it is exactly the same thing i was going thru with my 23 tlx Sh-awd Aspec , But mine also gets crazy when im on BlueTooth Mode either playing music or listening to a podcast and i say " hey google" or for apple owners " hey Siri". Once you complete the task , either phone call or map or something else, the system loses audio and its "Not available".

Upon research i came across a Youtube User who does happen to have an MDX (2019 ) with the same infotainment as the tlx ( a few backgrounds and icons are different but its the basically the SAME thing ). Here is what you have to do and NO, this one does Not require to do the Happy dance Parking the Vehicle , cuss to the winds , open the door and ignition off , restart and wait till system is up and running. You can do this While in Motion or maybe for safe keep while parking with engine running or long red-light.

1. Push and Hold at the same time the 3 Top buttons above the Infamous Track Pad for 5 to 10 seconds, that will bring the " Diagnostic Mode" and you will Select " Detail Information and Settings" ( Bottom rectangle Option).

2.Once You get to the next screen You Will Select " Hardware Auto Detect Option", Wait for a few moments and it will show Hardware that you may or may not have depending on the vehicle trim, Green means its On the vehicle, red means No installed in vehicle. The Track-pad becomes more usable so you will be able to navigate if you like to see whats available installed on your car.

3. While using the Track-pad, all you have to do is click on "Apply" Option at the bottom of the screen and it will immediately say "Align System Application From Factory Setting Information Done " and Click OK, Next, it will says "System Will Be Restarted, is this Ok?" and click Yes and the system basically reboots like the android based device it is, and NO , NO Data or personal info or customization will be lost, you re just doing a warm reboot with a few more steps than most android devices, The principle it is the same. Once rebooted give a few moments and you will have sound control again and any other glitches you may have experience will be gone.

So far i have tried on 4 different vehicles ( 1 mdx 2 tlxs including mine and 1 integra all late models 21+) and the all have been successfully recovered from that annoying issue.

I'm not sure dealer can do anything, maybe an infotainment update would correct it, but as far i know the last known update to the infotainment 21-23 models was done Jan 2023 and 24+ inherit the MDX bigger screen and a few updates.

Let me know if this helps of if you have any questions i ll try answer asap.

I'm including the Link in case my instructions are a bit confusing.

The following 3 users liked this post by Zero7:
Flapjackura (02-02-2024), kltorch (02-08-2024), Millcreekdr (02-07-2024)
Old 02-02-2024, 06:06 AM
Cruisin'

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks, this is great information.
Old 02-02-2024, 10:02 AM
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 37 Posts
I had the no audio available issue, nothing worked: no AA, no Sirius, couldn't talk to system. I used the park, turn off, open door and start car to fix the problem for a while. It happened twice. The dealer fixed this by replacing the amplifier, it is a TSB that came out around Nov. 22
Old 02-06-2024, 10:00 PM
6th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Good to know, thanks for the info. Im gonna check it out since mine fails every time im on bluetooth and i say "hey google" all hell breaks loose and i have to restart the infotainment.

Thanks Again