Type S Spare Tire Kit..from Acura!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2022, 06:05 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 444 Likes on 303 Posts
Type S Spare Tire Kit..from Acura!

OK, gang. Don't know IF this has been clarified, verified before, but, I'm here to do that in case it hasn't been.

Starting out Acura did NOT have a Spare Tire Kit for the Type S, as many or most know. But, at some point, I'm guessing
late '21..???....Acura did put a nice one together to protect the battery and all items to fit down and around that battery. The
Kit comes with everything you'll need, except the tire. That's ordered separately as in other kits. Yes, it's a doughnut spare,
but, that's better than the alternative we all know about. Sitting on top on the tire is that stiff foam material that will hold the tools.
The jack fits down in back of the battery...protected though from not touching it. Slick job. I guess they heard the many complaints
that no kit was avail to begin with.

Mine is on order...it was in stock. Now, IF I can just get the car. Region says they stopped taking new orders but, are going to
build the ones that have been on order...like mine...7 mos. now. I'll believe it when my Mgr. gets the word that the car has shipped!!
No, I didn't have to pay for it. Only IF I get a car and then it will be part of all the Accessories that they are also ordering ahead for me.
If no car then Serv/Parts Director will keep some items for the shelf and send some back. No problem with that he said. We've gone
through this a few times. Get all the "goodies" in ahead of the car...then it's ready to be put together after it's PDI'd.

Spare Kit for the Type S Part # (verified): 06421-TGZ-A00 Temp. Spare Tire: 42751-KEN-012 I don't have a total MSRP price yet, but,
it's not too bad. Many Acura dealer Parts Dept's that sell on line show the kit with varying discounts...up to 35%. But, of course, you have to
add tax and shipping. I will be getting it all discounted as always.

And, it fits under the floor, so floor stays flat. As it should! LOL!
Old 04-09-2022, 06:47 PM
Racer

Received 310 Likes on 143 Posts
Did you get the kit yet? That's the same part number that I ordered back in August and was told it still on backorder. Last time I checked on the status was back in February.
Old 04-09-2022, 10:56 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by Camaro194
Did you get the kit yet? That's the same part number that I ordered back in August and was told it still on backorder. Last time I checked on the status was back in February.
It was just ordered for me. It was in stock at the Acura warehouse. IF you go to the many Acura dealers that have Parts Dept's that sell on line you'll see
some say they are available and others not currently. So, that's what I know. I googled a lot too, and many of those Parts Dept's came up and most
can get it. My Parts Mgr. checked to make sure before he ordered. I'll know more Monday the details.
The following users liked this post:
Camaro194 (04-09-2022)
Old 04-10-2022, 12:59 AM
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
I like how you guys think there's a special kit for the Type-S.

There were actually 3 kits for the TLX. The only difference? The stock tire size for the new sticker to put in the door jamb.

There was a kit for 18" (Stock TLX), 19" (Tech, A-Spec and Advanced) & 20" (Type-S)

I've read they consolidated down to one kit only but IDK for sure. Some sites show the 3 sizes as replaced, others don't.

The wheel is a 20" donut and it feels like it weighs a ton to me even without the tire but I have a spare now at least.
Old 04-11-2022, 03:31 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by jwtarbaj
I like how you guys think there's a special kit for the Type-S.

There were actually 3 kits for the TLX. The only difference? The stock tire size for the new sticker to put in the door jamb.

There was a kit for 18" (Stock TLX), 19" (Tech, A-Spec and Advanced) & 20" (Type-S)

I've read they consolidated down to one kit only but IDK for sure. Some sites show the 3 sizes as replaced, others don't.

The wheel is a 20" donut and it feels like it weighs a ton to me even without the tire but I have a spare now at least.
The tire size is: T145/60R20. Tire Rack sells this...a Continental for $248 free ship. It weighs 13 lbs.
The Spare Tire Kit is the same, but, tire sizing is different depending on the TLX version. Tires are always, and have always, been a separate
order outside of "Spare Tire Kits." The only doughnut spare I could find on Tire Rack is the Continental one. They are in stock, and more coming on
the 15th.

Early on there was a lot of confusion when Acura first released the kit. So, many are still "unsure" and many dealers it seems, don't have the correct
info. unless someone...like us...who KNOWS what they are doing and have researched...tells the Parts Mgr. what's up! I've had to do that a few times
over the years on items they didn't know were available. They don't sit at their computer and research parts all day. At least most don't!! Mine is also the
Serv. Director, so he's busy and not at his desk that much at all. But, we talk often. I am waiting for his reply to my email earlier on what the Kenda tire will
cost me. I will compare to the Continental and decide which one I want. I don't know...maybe the Conti is a better "donut spare" than the Kenda...and or IF
it's necessary to get a better quality spare. For me, I like having something I KNOW is better built, even though I may not use it once or more than once...or...????
Old 04-11-2022, 04:59 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Just double checked with my Serv/Parts Dir. They have received one kit waiting for the customers car. My kit will arrive within 4 wks. That's what they generally
take for my dealer to get. MSRP for the KIt is: $246.14............MSRP for the Kenda tire is: $151.50.

Old 04-19-2022, 01:12 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
The tire size is: T145/60R20. Tire Rack sells this...a Continental for $248 free ship. It weighs 13 lbs.
The Spare Tire Kit is the same, but, tire sizing is different depending on the TLX version. Tires are always, and have always, been a separate
order outside of "Spare Tire Kits." The only doughnut spare I could find on Tire Rack is the Continental one. They are in stock, and more coming on
the 15th.

Early on there was a lot of confusion when Acura first released the kit. So, many are still "unsure" and many dealers it seems, don't have the correct
info. unless someone...like us...who KNOWS what they are doing and have researched...tells the Parts Mgr. what's up! I've had to do that a few times
over the years on items they didn't know were available. They don't sit at their computer and research parts all day. At least most don't!! Mine is also the
Serv. Director, so he's busy and not at his desk that much at all. But, we talk often. I am waiting for his reply to my email earlier on what the Kenda tire will
cost me. I will compare to the Continental and decide which one I want. I don't know...maybe the Conti is a better "donut spare" than the Kenda...and or IF
it's necessary to get a better quality spare. For me, I like having something I KNOW is better built, even though I may not use it once or more than once...or...????
You might want to go check a tire size calculator, all 3 stock tire sizes have the same basic diameter. This means, barring brake fit issues, they can be swapped with no effect to the speedometer or odometer. All take the same size tire for the spare. The Type-S kit did cost more so if you want to feel special be sure to try and get it specifically.

235/50-18 Base trim 27.3" Diameter

255/40-19 Tech, A-Spec & Advance 27" Diameter

255/35-20 Type-S 27" Diameter

Spare 145/60-20 26.9" Diameter
Old 04-21-2022, 07:21 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,155 Likes on 826 Posts
Confirmed. Acura is finally starting to ship out the Type-S spare tire kits.

Old 04-22-2022, 01:40 PM
TLX-S

Received 225 Likes on 172 Posts
Mine is on order as well, but was told no eta on it. No hurry since my Type S won't arrive for another 3-4 weeks
Old 04-22-2022, 03:50 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Confirmed. Acura is finally starting to ship out the Type-S spare tire kits.
Yep, I just emailed about mine that's been on backorder since last summer and it shipped a few days ago and will get here tomorrow.
Old 04-24-2022, 11:21 PM
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts
Please share pictures of the install when you have them. Thank you!
Old 04-28-2022, 10:29 AM
Racer

Got the kit installed and it fits perfectly. The trunk is completely level with the tire installed. Everything was included in the kit except for the tire. I got a great deal last year on the Pirelli spare at Tirerack for $95 and the kit cost me $136.

The kit included:
  • Spare wheel
  • Tire valve stem
  • New battery bracket
  • Battery cover
  • Foam cover
  • Jack w/ lug nut wrench
  • Gas filler
  • Tire bag

The following 4 users liked this post by Camaro194:
a35tl (04-28-2022), Acura TL Builder (06-08-2022), KidK (04-29-2022), Legend2TL (06-10-2022)
Old 04-29-2022, 02:21 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well done! What did you choose to do with the inflater?
Old 04-29-2022, 03:12 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by BarryR
Well done! What did you choose to do with the inflater?
Nothing yet. Not keeping it in the car (no room or need for it). Will probably just keep it in the garage for some unknown future use.
Old 04-30-2022, 09:10 AM
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 47 Posts
Got my kit, but not for a Type S. Ordered in November last year but just got it this past Thursday!

Thing is, I couldn't find the stickers or a couple clips so I think there's maybe some pieces missing from my kit. Looking at the instructions (http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/BII17963-32.PDF), I couldn't find at least the battery label, tire and loading info label, bumper clips, battery clips, and tire bag. I thought I looked through the box pretty thoroughly but I guess I gotta contact the dealer. So close. *sigh*
Old 04-30-2022, 12:34 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by norsairius
Got my kit, but not for a Type S. Ordered in November last year but just got it this past Thursday!

Thing is, I couldn't find the stickers or a couple clips so I think there's maybe some pieces missing from my kit. Looking at the instructions (http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/BII17963-32.PDF), I couldn't find at least the battery label, tire and loading info label, bumper clips, battery clips, and tire bag. I thought I looked through the box pretty thoroughly but I guess I gotta contact the dealer. So close. *sigh*
All of those items were in a bag together with the valve stem and part that screws in to hold the foam cover in place.
Old 05-01-2022, 06:15 AM
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 47 Posts
All of those items were in a bag together with the valve stem and part that screws in to hold the foam cover in place.
I had my dealer mount a tire on the wheel before I picked it up so I wonder if that bag got misplaced or something. I'll double check. I thought I looked through the kit/box pretty thoroughly, but the only place I didn't look in the box was actually under the wheel in the box, so it might be tucked or stuck under there. I think it would've been pretty easy to see between the spokes of the wheel though.
Old 05-01-2022, 12:01 PM
6G TLX-S

^^^^^

My Type-S spare tire kit has all the parts that are listed in the installation guide. You are missing a parts bag that contains 3 sticky labels, 2 battery clips, value stem, and plastic tire bag.

norsairius (05-04-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 12:21 PM
Advanced

Received 65 Likes on 38 Posts
Just FYI...
My local dealer, Hunt Valley Acura, says the spare tire kit is on back-order. I ordered a kit from Curry Acura to save some money. Curry's website did not indicate out-of-stock. Curry later sent me an email reporting the kit is on back-order.
Old 05-04-2022, 09:05 PM
6G TLX-S

Looks like this production batch is not enough to go around for everyone. My first order was placed in Oct last year, but was cancelled in Dec. Then I placed another order in Jan this year and finally received the kit last week.

It is well worth waiting for this OEM spare tire kit, rather than getting an aftermarket kit; because other than the rubber tire, there is nothing else more to buy and there is no loose tools lying around and there is no need to do any cutting and/or reworking to make everything fit snugly.

In fact, the OEM kit fits so well that if you don't lift up the trunk-well cover lid and look inside, you don't even know there is a spare tire in there.

Old 05-09-2022, 03:58 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Looks like this production batch is not enough to go around for everyone. My first order was placed in Oct last year, but was cancelled in Dec. Then I placed another order in Jan this year and finally received the kit last week.

It is well worth waiting for this OEM spare tire kit, rather than getting an aftermarket kit; because other than the rubber tire, there is nothing else more to buy and there is no loose tools lying around and there is no need to do any cutting and/or reworking to make everything fit snugly.

In fact, the OEM kit fits so well that if you don't lift up the trunk-well cover lid and look inside, you don't even know there is a spare tire in there.
Agree it is worth waiting for, but, apparently they are shipping out fairly well now. Mine took about 3 weeks. They did a great job of packaging it all under the floor and protecting the
battery, which of course was necessary.
Old 06-07-2022, 03:01 PM
Intermediate

For what it's worth I ordered the spare tire kit back in March. Acura posted a May delivery. May came and went and the part is now supposed to ship mid-July. We'll see what happens but I'm not impressed with Acura parts delivery.
Old 06-07-2022, 03:08 PM
TLX-S

Received 225 Likes on 172 Posts
For what it's worth I ordered the spare tire kit back in March. Acura posted a May delivery. May came and went and the part is now supposed to ship mid-July. We'll see what happens but I'm not impressed with Acura parts delivery.
mine was ordered in April and was told the same mid-July delivery
Old 06-07-2022, 04:16 PM
Advanced

Brief Update

Originally Posted by wilztlxs
mine was ordered in April and was told the same mid-July delivery
My Type-S in at the dealer now for installation of the spare tire kit and puddle lights. I'll provide a detailed update tomorrow.
bilirubin (06-08-2022)
Old 06-08-2022, 11:50 AM
Advanced

Update delayed. Spare tire kit is installed. Puddle lights replacement on hold for another day as one of the replacement puddle lights arrived damaged.
Old 06-10-2022, 03:36 PM
Advanced

Update:

4/30/22 – Ordered Spare Tire Kit (STK) from Curry Acura, Part No. 06421-TGZ-A00, $214.68. On back-order.

5/23/22 – STK shipped via FedEx [overnight shipping]

5/23/22 – Ordered spare tire from Tire Rack, T145/60R-20 CONTINENTAL SCONTACTSL, $263.83

5/25/22 – Received spare tire.

6/2/22 – STK finally arrives after ten days of address confusion on the part of FedEx driver.

6/7/22 – STK installed by Hunt Valley Acura, $91.

No photos because it looks identical to ones posted by Camaro 194. Three tips: (1) unpack STK box; parts and tire will then fit in the trunk, (2) print-out installation instructions; leave in trunk, and (3) Ask for return of tire inflator kit.

Jim2301 (06-11-2022)
Old 06-11-2022, 11:26 AM
6G TLX-S

^^^^^

You can remove the tire inflator kit yourself first before you drop off the car to do the spare tire kit installation.

Justy48 (06-11-2022)
Old 07-08-2022, 04:00 PM
Intermediate

The spare tire kit that was ordered in mid-March was delivered this week. Tim from oemacuraparts.com in Arizona was a pleasure to work with and will use them in the future. I used a local tire shop to mount the tire on the new wheel. Did the installation myself, maybe took an hour start to finish. Now, hopefully, it will never be used.
Old 08-12-2022, 08:09 AM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The spare tire kit that was ordered in mid-March was delivered this week. Tim from oemacuraparts.com in Arizona was a pleasure to work with and will use them in the future. I used a local tire shop to mount the tire on the new wheel. Did the installation myself, maybe took an hour start to finish. Now, hopefully, it will never be used.
Can you please provide part numbers?
Is it an all in one kit including tire or did you purchase the donut separately?
Old 08-12-2022, 08:32 AM
Advanced

Just FYI...

4/30/22 – Ordered Spare Tire Kit (STK) from Curry Acura, Part No. 06421-TGZ-A00, $214.68. On back-order.

5/23/22 – STK shipped via FedEx [overnight shipping]

5/23/22 – Ordered spare tire from Tire Rack, T145/60R-20 CONTINENTAL SCONTACTSL, $263.83

5/25/22 – Received spare tire.

6/2/22 – STK finally arrives after ten days of address confusion on the part of FedEx driver.

6/7/22 – STK installed by Hunt Valley Acura, $91.
Old 08-12-2022, 08:48 AM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thank you!
Old 08-16-2022, 04:32 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Nationwide back ordered

My Kit is and has been on back order for some time. I've been contacting many Acura dealers around the country, some that
we, or some here, know as on line sellers, and they all say the same thing. No have...back ordered....no delivery date.

Then it hit me...I had the same issue with another Kit. Found out the individual parts ARE available separately. But, I have looked up
the individual parts and hit this "little snag." The 20" wheel, aluminum in this kit has an MSRP of: $456.62!! Even with 30% off that,
it's expensive! Also, the other high cost part is the Bracket. Lists for: $348.53! Most other items are reasonable. But, man, add those
2 parts together, even at 30% off, now we're getting too costly when everything else is then added to those.

Also, to clarify. There are 3 Spare Tire Kit part #'s. Come in 18", 19" and the 20" for the Type S (part # is: 06421-TGZ-A00) Need that kit
with that 20" wheel to clear the front big brakes!!

I was hoping to circumvent the back order issue with the Kit part #....but, the ind. prices, even discounted makes this way too much....it can be done though.
Again, I did this before with Acura, and the ind. parts were not much more than the Kit price. So, I did that.
Old 08-17-2022, 07:56 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Found Spare Tire Kit. Lots of research!

I wanted to pass this on to anyone that has their Type S "Spare Tire Kit" on back order with no delivery date, like mine was,
there is a way to "get lucky" like I did today.
Bernardi Honda Acura on line seller who I had contacted to see IF they had the kit said no, but, he would send me a list of
dealers that "show" they have a kit in stock. Wow...OK...so, he sent the list and I started calling, looking up the dealer's web
site and sending messages to the Parts Dept. on their sites, etc. Boom I had a hit. A dealer in the South emailed me and said
he had that kit on his shelf! I called him right away, and he's had it since April!! It was a cancelled order from a guy that ordered
a Type S...but, apparently decided to "flip it" and thus cancelled the kit. So, the Parts Mgr. and I talked....MSRP price to me minus
10% and ground FedEx was $120! 50lb box. Then he said...wait, there is a CBO Dept. within Honda Motor Corp, that's "Critical Back
Order"...and once they know you are on back order and that I have the kit, they will send me a FedEx shipping label to send to your
dealer, they pay for it all...you pay what you got priced at your dealer!! My dealer just has to contact the CBO Dept.

I did that, and my Parts guy said I was already on the CBO list. Now, HMC. system should have flagged that the dealer down South
had one...but, the "automated system" didn't do that. But, my parts guy got the ball rolling, and long story short....when it arrives at
my dealer I'll pick it up and I ended up saving a total of $170. Price diff. plus that shipping I would have paid.

By the way....IF you were to order all the parts in the kit separately, it comes to $1,300 MSRP!! Those 2 items I just wrote about here are
priced so high...the wheel, and that bracket. Nuts!! My RDX pieced out was very close to the Kit price.....but, NOT this Kit!!

So, never give up. I honestly felt SOME dealer in this country has that kit on the shelf. Bernardi though really helped me by giving me a great
starting point with that list showing who MAY have the kit.

OK...happy hunting...hopefully!!
The following 2 users liked this post by Colorado Guy AF Ret.:
KrylonBlue (08-17-2022), Tesla1856 (08-23-2022)
Old 08-23-2022, 01:36 PM
Intermediate

I'm sorry I didn't see your note sooner but part number is: 06421-TGZ-012 for the "Temporary Kit". The tire is purchased separately as 42751-KEN-012. Good luck. BTW, the Acura supplied tire was less expensive than TR.
Barry
Old 08-26-2022, 05:56 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

I'm sorry I didn't see your note sooner but part number is: 06421-TGZ-012 for the "Temporary Kit". The tire is purchased separately as 42751-KEN-012. Good luck. BTW, the Acura supplied tire was less expensive than TR.
Barry
Don't know what that Part # is for "Temp. Kit"...??? As written doesn't exist that I can find. I can assure everyone the correct Spare Tire Kit...yes, always come without the tire is:
06421-TGZ-A00. There are 3 different Part #'s depending on the size of your OEM tire. This Part # is for 20" tires...as put on the Type S.
This has been verified numerous times in my case.

I did find a Kit in another state on the shelf cancelled by the buyer of a Type S and had ordered the Kit, but, flipped the car and didn't want the Kit. I was lucky enough to
find it and it's now on the way to my dealer.

Old 08-26-2022, 06:21 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Critical Back Order Dept. of H.M.C.

I had written that the CBO Dept. of Honda Motor Corp. would end up shipping the kit I found to my dealer from the dealer that had it to
fulfill my back order. PARTIALLY TRUE...as I found out. The CBO Dept. would have taken that kit and sent to the dealer that was #1
on the Critical Back Order listings. But, they messed up, didn't know it was in the system of the dealer I found and....bottom line, I bought
it and had it shipped to my dealer. My dealer is refunding my advance payment of the Kit I had ordered and then cancelled that order.
Basically, it ended up costing me shipping Fed Ex ground. It was worth it to me since, quoting an old saying..."those Type S kits are as rare
to find as hen's teeth!"

My kit according to tracking will arrive Mon. by end of day. My tire has been on the shelf for weeks since it was available right away. Ordered
same time as my Kit was. They will remove the wheel after it arrives Mon. or Tues. and mount/balance the spare. I will pick it all up on Thurs.
and install myself at home. Easy to do.

Took a lot of time on computer, on phone calls, texting, etc, to track down what I needed and in this case it paid off. But, being retired allows me the
time I needed to do all this. Keeps me busy and I like playing with cars!!

Are there any more out there on a shelf at some small town dealer in Montana....or North Dakota?? Possibly! LOL! Frankly, I told my wife...." I know there is a kit somewhere."
With help from Bernardi Honda/Acura that was unexpected...I got a list of "possible" dealers that might have a kit in stock. I never got through the list. One had, but, was waiting
for a customer. Another didn't have one. And then I hit on the dealer that had one available. Luck, but, that's what it often takes. Perseverance and luck.

Acura will get them made and send out, but, they don't know when. Parts Co's that are not able to fill parts is the problem...as is everything in our world now. I was at a BMW dealer just
taking a drive....and there are a TON of owners' cars sitting in the back areas with Service Dept. tags hanging from the mirrors. Why so many??.....All are waiting for Parts to fix their part.
problem. This is being played out on many dealers' back lots. Most don't have loaners since they sold them. So, you have to rent a veh. On your dime in most cases. Or, if they do, they
are all loaned out. What a car world we are in now!!

Last edited by Colorado Guy AF Ret.; 08-26-2022 at 06:24 PM.
Jim2301 (08-29-2022)
Old 08-27-2022, 02:29 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
Don't know what that Part # is for "Temp. Kit"...??? As written doesn't exist that I can find. I can assure everyone the correct Spare Tire Kit...yes, always come without the tire is:
06421-TGZ-A00. There are 3 different Part #'s depending on the size of your OEM tire. This Part # is for 20" tires...as put on the Type S.
This has been verified numerous times in my case.

I did find a Kit in another state on the shelf cancelled by the buyer of a Type S and had ordered the Kit, but, flipped the car and didn't want the Kit. I was lucky enough to
find it and it's now on the way to my dealer.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The only difference between the 3 kits is the new door sticker with inflation info. Rather than wait for the "20 inch version" buy ANY of them you can get. A door sticker shouldn't stop you, just put it next to the original sticker rather than over it as the instructions direct.

I personally got an 18" kit for my A-Spec. It was readily available at the time. The spare wheel is still a 20" rim, I've just got a sticker with 18" stock wheel/tire inflations along with the spare inflation.
Edward'TLS (08-27-2022)
Old 08-27-2022, 01:35 PM
6G TLX-S

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The only difference between the 3 kits is the new door sticker with inflation info. Rather than wait for the "20 inch version" buy ANY of them you can get. A door sticker shouldn't stop you, just put it next to the original sticker rather than over it as the instructions direct.

I personally got an 18" kit for my A-Spec. It was readily available at the time. The spare wheel is still a 20" rim, I've just got a sticker with 18" stock wheel/tire inflations along with the spare inflation.
Agree. All trim levels (from base to Type-S) for the 2G TLX use the same 20" spare rim/tire, irrespective of the OEM wheel size on the cars.

Old 08-27-2022, 11:12 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

OK...my bad. You are correct. My head was in too many other places with numbers, etc,etc.
Here are the tire diam. of all 3 TLX tire sizes along with the spare tire size and diam, and wheel size. Once and for all we'll or I'll get this straight. The label is the only difference, at this point I know of
that makes the Part #'s different.

18" OEM TLX tire size: 235/50/18...27.3" diam.
19" OEM TLX tire size: 255/40/19...27" diam.
20" OEM TLX tire size 255/35/20...27" diam.
Spare Tire Size: 145/60/20...............26.9"
Spare wheel size: 20x4.5

So, that allows the same spare wheel and spare tire to be used safely on all TLX OEM tire sizes, as a TEMPORARY SPARE....yes, you are correct.

Sorry, I messed up and wanted to clarify for all those that read these specs. I was sorta mislead by unnamed folks that the Type S needed that Part # for 20", but, that as I realize now was only
for getting the correct labeling for tire size on car, tire pressure for the spare, etc.

The labels do have their own Part #'s so, yes, one could order any of the 3 kits and order the 20" label Part # to make it all good. I don't know if the other 2 Part #'s are more readily available...NOW,
vs the 20" Part #...????

So, there are a couple more ways around this issue of getting a kit....possibly. At least I did get one...delivering FedEx to my dealer sched. for Monday.
Old 08-28-2022, 07:33 AM
Advanced

Spare Tire Kit Label

What is the part number for the spare tire kit LABEL used for the Type-S? I lost my label.

Quick Reply: Type S Spare Tire Kit..from Acura!