TLX Type S - Take it or leave it!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2021, 11:50 PM
Instructor

Received 117 Likes on 35 Posts
TLX Type S - Take it or leave it!!

****This thread is strictly for mentions of Acura TLX Type S only****

Any mention of another car manufacturer or model may result in being discounted from reality, blocked or having your “Acura Boyz” club membership revoked.

My experience was - “We’re not charging ADM so you will pay sticker and let’s add $1,599 for Y spokes.

I called 15 Acura dealers. All except one were charging $5k-$10k markup. I got Lindsay Acura down to only $3k markup. I asked if that markup came with carbon fiber trim and side skirts. Of course not.

Anywho, I got the call, 30minutes later I arrived at the dealer - it was filthy, covered in dust and road debris… sap?? Absolutely disgusting. I have a master tech buddy that I went to Honda PACT with. He says since 2020, has noticed more cars coming without vinyl protection wrap.

Called the bank, they made the agreement and got a call from the dealer car was ready to go. 15 minutes later I’m in the car and on my way back to work.

I have 93 miles on it now and absolutely LOVE IT!!! A guy in a maxima turned at the stop light, looked and I saw his mouth say say “damn!” 3 people took pictures today while I was out. It’s a head turner. A few Accords have challenged me since I’ve been on the road and I’m still in the break-in period so in their eyes they “WON.” SMH…

Great car overall. I put the car in sport and roll through the dealership to get my wash. Everybody is like lookin’ and jaws drop. Had an Aventador in my neighborhood next to me give a thumbs up.

Surely hope whoever wants a Type S can have one. Very surprised to take the first delivery in my region. Keep each other in the loop as to what inventory and future deliveries look like.

I really wanted the Tiger Eye Pearl and might take a hit and trade in for 2022 if they get one in. Problem I have locally is you get what you get. No color choice. Factory just send them. This is the car, if you don’t want it, see ya.

Take it or leave it. Huge upgrade from the ‘04-‘08 TL. Best Honda ever made hands down. I had my money on the 2022 MDX A-Spec. Same engine and not many more features than our current MDX. Sold me on the Type S with the upgraded engine. Back to a sedan and I LOVE IT!!

Stay tuned for more on this after the transmission learns my driving style and I put it through the paces. We have a 2003 CRV Manual with 360k mi. I’m looking for the reliability to reign over all honorable competitors.

The following 14 users liked this post by Ghostof TypeS Past:
a35tl (07-18-2021), BEAR-AvHistory (07-18-2021), BOWA41 (07-21-2021), Camaro194 (07-18-2021), DLM1213 (07-18-2021), Furnace (07-19-2021), harpazo (07-18-2021), Honda430 (07-18-2021), JDM_DOHC_SiR (07-18-2021), jhb31 (07-18-2021), justnspace (07-18-2021), Pens Fan (07-18-2021), Shadow2056 (07-19-2021), silverTL6 (07-19-2021) and 9 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Popular Reply

07-18-2021, 06:23 PM
loki
®

Received 473 Likes on 224 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghostof TypeS Past

Any mention of another car manufacturer or model may result in being discounted from reality, blocked or having your “Acura Boyz” club membership revoked.

My experience was - “We’re not charging ADM so you will pay sticker and let’s add $1,599 for Y spokes.

I called 15 Acura dealers. All except one were charging $5k-$10k markup. I got Lindsay Acura down to only $3k markup. I asked if that markup came with carbon fiber trim and side skirts. Of course not.

Anywho, I got the call, 30minutes later I arrived at the dealer - it was filthy, covered in dust and road debris… sap?? Absolutely disgusting. I have a master tech buddy that I went to Honda PACT with. He says since 2020, has noticed more cars coming without vinyl protection wrap.

Called the bank, they made the agreement and got a call from the dealer car was ready to go. 15 minutes later I’m in the car and on my way back to work.

I have 93 miles on it now and absolutely LOVE IT!!! A guy in a maxima turned at the stop light, looked and I saw his mouth say say “damn!” 3 people took pictures today while I was out. It’s a head turner. A few Accords have challenged me since I’ve been on the road and I’m still in the break-in period so in their eyes they “WON.” SMH…

Great car overall. I put the car in sport and roll through the dealership to get my wash. Everybody is like lookin’ and jaws drop. Had an Aventador in my neighborhood next to me give a thumbs up.

Surely hope whoever wants a Type S can have one. Very surprised to take the first delivery in my region. Keep each other in the loop as to what inventory and future deliveries look like.

I really wanted the Tiger Eye Pearl and might take a hit and trade in for 2022 if they get one in. Problem I have locally is you get what you get. No color choice. Factory just send them. This is the car, if you don’t want it, see ya.

Take it or leave it. Huge upgrade from the ‘04-‘08 TL. Best Honda ever made hands down. I had my money on the 2022 MDX A-Spec. Same engine and not many more features than our current MDX. Sold me on the Type S with the upgraded engine. Back to a sedan and I LOVE IT!!

Stay tuned for more on this after the transmission learns my driving style and I put it through the paces. We have a 2003 CRV Manual with 360k mi. I’m looking for the reliability to reign over all honorable competitors.

​​​​"A guy in a maxima turned at the stop light, looked and I saw his mouth say say “damn!” 3 people took pictures today while I was out. It’s a head turner. A few Accords have challenged me since I’ve been on the road and I’m still in the break-in period so in their eyes they “WON.” SMH…Everybody is like lookin’ and jaws drop. Had an Aventador in my neighborhood next to me give a thumbs up."

Old 07-18-2021, 06:47 AM

Received 16,263 Likes on 11,973 Posts
Conrats on the car!!
the ECU learns pretty quickly... no doubt it has already learned your driving style.
also, it's a brand new engine. dont count on the reliability aspect JUST yet.

interesting that you chose to show us a pic of the exhaust valve...

Last edited by justnspace; 07-18-2021 at 06:49 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Ghostof TypeS Past (07-18-2021)
Old 07-18-2021, 08:48 AM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
Congrats. I guess, I was one of the lucky ones that got their at MSRP and no messing around. My car is not yet broken in but it's hard not to step on this thing. I just noticed one thing yesterday. When it Sport mode, press the green button on the shifter and changed the tranny mode to S. It wakes up the tranny even more. You would think this comes automatically with putting the car in Sport mode but it does not.... Have fun.
Old 07-18-2021, 10:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 666 Likes on 359 Posts
I took it lol. I visited a nearby Acura dealership and all the Techs, salesman (women), and some customers came to see the 🐅 👁️ and were blown away. One salesman went live to talk about it. Many had never seen the car color in person. I'd say in all 30 people came to see the car while it was in the back.

Old 07-18-2021, 02:19 PM
dj5
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Went in to the local dealership to take a look at the white Type S they had in the showroom. Let the salesperson know that I wasn't interested in buying but just want to have a look.
The salesperson opened it up and let me sit inside. Have to admit the interior is very nice as it had the carbon fiber installed and the seats were very comfortable.
He started it up and revved it up in all the different modes. Exhaust sounded terrible. He asked me on a scale of 1 - 10 how I would rate the car, I said 7 and he seemed to be a bit surprised, and asked what it needed to make it better. I said with the Y spokes it might be an 8. Looks a lot like a Dodge Charger. They had a several A Specs on the lot. IMO the Modern Steel looks the best on the TLX. He asked if I was looking at other cars and told him I was considering the Lexus IS500. All he said was Lexus makes nice cars. The TLX-S wasn't a bad car, but just doesn't do anything for me. Funny, this dealership still adds vinyl pinstripes to all their cars and charges $199. They also don't do loaners for service, only offer a shuttle ride less than 10 miles. Only Acura dealer around for 100 miles.
Old 07-18-2021, 02:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

[QUOTE=dj5;16739198]Went in to the local dealership to take a look at the white Type S they had in the showroom. Let the salesperson know that I wasn't interested in buying but just want to have a look.
The salesperson opened it up and let me sit inside. Have to admit the interior is very nice as it had the carbon fiber installed and the seats were very comfortable.
He started it up and revved it up in all the different modes. Exhaust sounded terrible. He asked me on a scale of 1 - 10 how I would rate the car, I said 7 and he seemed to be a bit surprised, and asked what it needed to make it better. I said with the Y spokes it might be an 8. Looks a lot like a Dodge Charger. They had a several A Specs on the lot. IMO the Modern Steel looks the best on the TLX. He asked if I was looking at other cars and told him I was considering the Lexus IS500. All he said was Lexus makes nice cars. The TLX-S wasn't a bad car, but just doesn't do anything for me. Funny, this dealership still adds vinyl pinstripes to all their cars and charges $199. They also don't do loaners for service, only offer a shuttle ride less than 10 miles. Only Acura dealer around for 100 miles
Charger? Where?
Old 07-18-2021, 03:17 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,429 Likes on 1,879 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostTL09
Charger? Where?
The way the front hood doensn't run all the way to where the front bumper and fenders become vertical reminds me of the charger, especially in white. The bigger the panel gaps, the more noticable it is.

The following 2 users liked this post by fiatlux:
BEAR-AvHistory (07-18-2021), dj5 (07-18-2021)
Old 07-18-2021, 06:23 PM
®

​​​​"A guy in a maxima turned at the stop light, looked and I saw his mouth say say “damn!” 3 people took pictures today while I was out. It’s a head turner. A few Accords have challenged me since I’ve been on the road and I’m still in the break-in period so in their eyes they “WON.” SMH…Everybody is like lookin’ and jaws drop. Had an Aventador in my neighborhood next to me give a thumbs up."

The following 13 users liked this post by loki:
04WDPSeDaN (07-19-2021), BEAR-AvHistory (07-18-2021), clpassenubye (07-20-2021), dj5 (07-18-2021), DubPK (07-19-2021), ESHBG (07-19-2021), Kense (07-19-2021), KrylonBlue (07-18-2021), leomio2.0 (07-18-2021), mike03a3 (07-18-2021), pyrodan007 (07-18-2021), someguy11 (07-18-2021), vhtran (07-19-2021) and 8 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-18-2021, 07:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by fiatlux
The way the front hood doensn't run all the way to where the front bumper and fenders become vertical reminds me of the charger, especially in white. The bigger the panel gaps, the more noticable it is.

The following 2 users liked this post by GhostTL09:
KrylonBlue (07-18-2021), Legend2TL (07-19-2021)
Old 07-18-2021, 07:44 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 539 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostTL09
Haha for real

Its not like Acura hasn’t done this before.

Oh wait…

Old 07-19-2021, 12:14 AM
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by KrylonBlue
Haha for real

Its not like Acura hasn’t done this before.

Oh wait…

That 2012 SH-AWD comes in around 0.04 / 0.03 seconds behind the new Type-S in both the 1/4 mile and 0 to 60! New car hype might not be worth the squeeze.
loki (07-19-2021)
Old 07-19-2021, 12:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 562 Likes on 293 Posts
Originally Posted by srb-tl

​​​​"a guy in a maxima turned at the stop light, looked and i saw his mouth say say “damn!” 3 people took pictures today while i was out. It’s a head turner. A few accords have challenged me since i’ve been on the road and i’m still in the break-in period so in their eyes they “won.” smh…everybody is like lookin’ and jaws drop. Had an aventador in my neighborhood next to me give a thumbs up."

lol
Monte TLS,MAX (07-19-2021)
Old 07-19-2021, 01:40 AM
06 TL 6MT + 18 ATS-V 8AT

Received 161 Likes on 93 Posts
Looks like Linsday Acura is in Columbus, OH? That's ~30 min from Marysville, where these TLX's are built...one would think there'd be more inventory / purchases in that area, fewer greedy dealers, and less filth / sap on the cars given the shorter delivery distance
Old 07-19-2021, 07:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 703 Likes on 545 Posts
3 reasons.
1. Its really bad time to buy car this year
2. TLX type S is new, so there is a lot of excitement,.
3. Its really bad time to buy car this year

Wait a year or 2, they will be selling them 5-10% bellow MSRP.
Old 07-19-2021, 08:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
Originally Posted by silverTL6
Looks like Linsday Acura is in Columbus, OH? That's ~30 min from Marysville, where these TLX's are built...one would think there'd be more inventory / purchases in that area, fewer greedy dealers, and less filth / sap on the cars given the shorter delivery distance
I’m in the Cincy/Columbus area a couple of times per year. I honestly don’t see that many Honda/Acura products in the road in the region. Midwesterners seem pretty fixed on buying domestics….no matter how many assembly plants the big 3 close down IMO.
Ghostof TypeS Past (07-19-2021)
Old 07-19-2021, 08:21 AM
Intermediate

Received 82 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by SRB-TL

FWIW, I've gotten more compliments on my TLX A-Spec in three months than I got in the last two years in my BMW 5 Series. It's not like everyone is stopping and taking pictures of my car, but I don't go more than a couple weeks without a random stranger saying something complimentary about the car.
The following 6 users liked this post by flatlandtlx:
clpassenubye (07-20-2021), ELIN (07-19-2021), F23A4 (07-19-2021), Ghostof TypeS Past (07-19-2021), Shadow2056 (07-19-2021), WTF.Acura (07-20-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-19-2021, 08:50 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by flatlandtlx
FWIW, I've gotten more compliments on my TLX A-Spec in three months than I got in the last two years in my BMW 5 Series. It's not like everyone is stopping and taking pictures of my car, but I don't go more than a couple weeks without a random stranger saying something complimentary about the car.
I believe it.

I was at a stop light in my 2019 ASPEC and there was a beautiful TL Type S next to me. I took off pretty fast and when he caught up to me he honked his horn and asked if it was fast. I responded with “it’s quick but nothing special”. He complimented the way the car looked as if he really wanted one. We would have talked more but the light changed.

I’d assume he rarely if ever pushed that Type S. I do enjoy my current car but it’s definitely no where near what the new Type S is. It’s not even a performance sedan. It just looks great. I’ve gotten a ton of compliments at the drive thru and even sporting event parking lots by the lot attendants.
The following 2 users liked this post by KrylonBlue:
Ghostof TypeS Past (07-19-2021), WTF.Acura (07-20-2021)
Old 07-19-2021, 09:02 AM
06 TL 6MT + 18 ATS-V 8AT

Received 161 Likes on 93 Posts
The 2G TLX is kinda like the spiritual successor to the 3G TL in that way, as their designs really stood out (in a good way) when they were released. Some memorable examples for my 3G include a bus driver pulling up next to me and asking how I liked it, and a cop who was more interested in it when I pulled up than investigating the burglary at my house
The following 4 users liked this post by silverTL6:
BEAR-AvHistory (07-19-2021), Ghostof TypeS Past (07-19-2021), one4all (07-19-2021), WTF.Acura (07-20-2021)
Old 07-19-2021, 09:12 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by silverTL6
The 2G TLX is kinda like the spiritual successor to the 3G TL in that way, as their designs really stood out (in a good way) when they were released. Some memorable examples for my 3G include a bus driver pulling up next to me and asking how I liked it, and a cop who was more interested in it when I pulled up than investigating the burglary at my house
Most definitely.

Honda had something going with the 8G Civics and the Accord that came out around that time too. Especially the Coupes. Lately though Honda has gotten boring. Their cars and SUVs look so uninspiring and boring.

I loved my TSX. Then they discontinued that along with the TL and made the TLX which looked like they played it a bit too safe. The ASPEC package changed all of that and made the car attractive and I started seeing a lot more TLX out there. The new TLX is the same for the most part. 95% of the new TLX I've seen so far have been ASPEC. I don't see a lot of base models.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:13 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
Wait, they won because you didn't accept their challenge or they won because they beat you?
Old 07-19-2021, 09:47 AM
®

Originally Posted by pyrodan007
Wait, they won because you didn't accept their challenge or they won because they beat you?
I'm still waiting to hear how 3 people took pictures while he was out. My guess is, each one left a note on the windshield thanking him for allowing them to see it. While he was out.
The following 2 users liked this post by loki:
ESHBG (07-20-2021), pyrodan007 (07-19-2021)
Old 07-19-2021, 09:50 AM
®

Originally Posted by flatlandtlx
I don't doubt that, it's a very nice looking car and A-Spec/Type S have very nice lines and body kit. But this guy is talking like he was rolling in the Tesla Cybertruck with a DeLorean welded on top of it while Doc is shooting lightning bolts out of flux capacitor strapped to his ass.
The following 5 users liked this post by loki:
BEAR-AvHistory (07-19-2021), dj5 (07-19-2021), DubPK (07-19-2021), ESHBG (07-20-2021), robnalex (07-21-2021)
Old 07-19-2021, 09:52 AM
Car Enthusiast

Received 175 Likes on 89 Posts
I'm still waiting to hear how 3 people took pictures while he was out. My guess is, each one left a note on the windshield thanking him for allowing them to see it. While he was out.
I don't remember if I ever took a photo of the G2 TSX, but I sometimes take photos of cars in front of me at the Starbucks line and send them to my buddies that own the same cars (Macan, Range R., Q5,7, RAM truck). Maybe those people think I admired their cars.
Old 07-19-2021, 11:29 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by F23A4
I honestly don’t see that many Honda/Acura products in the road in the region..
Where Columbia Acura is positioned, higher demographic live north east of Cinci - Mason/ Maineville. School parking lot of parents picking up kids is lined with Acura’s, one after another. There’s not an Acura dealer in the hood if that makes since.
Old 07-19-2021, 11:54 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Things like that happen. Had an Accord with a 30ish guy & a car full of grammar school aged kids chatting me up at a light about the car & asked if I wanted a race. Was in the Cobra. Rattled his car with the side pipes & let him zip by me. His kids were off the wall with Dad's win. Got a nice thumbs up.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 07-19-2021 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-19-2021, 12:27 PM
®

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Things like that happen. Had an Accord with a 30ish guy & a car full of grammar school aged kids chatting me up at a light about the car & asked if I wanted a race. Was in the Cobra. Rattled his car with the side pipes & let him zip by me. His kids were off the wall with Dad's win. Got a nice thumbs up.

The following 5 users liked this post by loki:
BEAR-AvHistory (07-19-2021), KrylonBlue (07-19-2021), pyrodan007 (07-19-2021), someguy11 (07-19-2021), vhtran (07-19-2021)
Old 07-19-2021, 02:42 PM
Instructor

Because I didn’t accept their challenge. I’m only around 154mi I think.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ghostof TypeS Past:
pyrodan007 (07-19-2021), WTF.Acura (07-20-2021)
Old 07-19-2021, 02:50 PM
Instructor

Why are you waiting? Like my validation is somehow going make you understand, 2 separate cars, while next to me in traffic, lifted their phone up pointed in the direction of my car and that’s it. Looked like they took a picture. If they didn’t who gives a $h!t?? Bmw guy pulled up next to the car while I was walking back to it, backed up, pulled his phone out and obviously snapped a picture.. is that good enough for you?

Not understanding how what I saw with my car is unbelievable to you only? Anyone else?
Old 07-19-2021, 03:34 PM
Instructor

Again take it or leave it. It’s not up for debate.. Four of you have had your membership to the “Acura Dudez” revoked - for life….

Aside from having a little light spirited fun since delivery and over the weekend, today I got to actually drive the car on my normal work route to and from, stopped by Acura to pick up my floor matts and ran small errands on the way home.

Wow!!! It’s even better than I thought. After I got to work, I received a message from my wife which was a video of her coming to investigate what the hell was happening in the garage when I was leaving for work today. Oh yeah, it was that open exhaust valve and high idle at startup, sounding like a beast!!!

A few notes - my neighbor buddy down the block gets jealous of my toys so I put it in sport mode when I whip past his house, and I know all the moms love the deep growl of my sporty sedan whizzing past their toddlers only a few feet from the road.

If you haven’t driven this car for your daily purpose, you have no idea what you’re missing. Every turn, entrance ramp, exit ramp, driving by one of my favorite cars (04-08 TL), was BETTER’ in every way.

Honda made a great Package overall. Pissed me off about the surround view, but for $60k all said and done, it’s a great ride. Looks great, it’s a great car for me. Being a long time Honda/Acura owner, I expect a car that makes me feel good. This is it. I’ve waited a long enough for the next best thing and after driving many cars, finally, it’s here.

If you own a Type S, AND aren’t appreciative of what Honda did for us, I’m not really interested in hearing you. Go take that elsewhere(every other thread but this one) Also not interested in hearing from users that discount my personal experience.

I get breakfast in bed occasionally… I’m sure that’s so unbelievable to some. I rushed out the door extra early to find a good place to park at work to prevent risk of door dings.. no time to be fed with this much excitement!!!

Thanks Acura family. More to come!
Terragotti (07-26-2021)
Old 07-19-2021, 03:59 PM
Instructor

Received 337 Likes on 118 Posts
Again take it or leave it. It’s not up for debate.. Four of you have had your membership to the “Acura Dudez” revoked - for life….

Aside from having a little light spirited fun since delivery and over the weekend, today I got to actually drive the car on my normal work route to and from, stopped by Acura to pick up my floor matts and ran small errands on the way home.

Wow!!! It’s even better than I thought. After I got to work, I received a message from my wife which was a video of her coming to investigate what the hell was happening in the garage when I was leaving for work today. Oh yeah, it was that open exhaust valve and high idle at startup, sounding like a beast!!!

A few notes - my neighbor buddy down the block gets jealous of my toys so I put it in sport mode when I whip past his house, and I know all the moms love the deep growl of my sporty sedan whizzing past their toddlers only a few feet from the road.

If you haven’t driven this car for your daily purpose, you have no idea what you’re missing. Every turn, entrance ramp, exit ramp, driving by one of my favorite cars (04-08 TL), was BETTER’ in every way.

Honda made a great Package overall. Pissed me off about the surround view, but for $60k all said and done, it’s a great ride. Looks great, it’s a great car for me. Being a long time Honda/Acura owner, I expect a car that makes me feel good. This is it. I’ve waited a long enough for the next best thing and after driving many cars, finally, it’s here.

If you own a Type S, AND aren’t appreciative of what Honda did for us, I’m not really interested in hearing you. Go take that elsewhere(every other thread but this one) Also not interested in hearing from users that discount my personal experience.

I get breakfast in bed occasionally… I’m sure that’s so unbelievable to some. I rushed out the door extra early to find a good place to park at work to prevent risk of door dings.. no time to be fed with this much excitement!!!

Glad you're enjoying your car but this has to be the most cringe inducing thing I've read in a while.
The following 4 users liked this post by DubPK:
04WDPSeDaN (07-20-2021), DJ Iceman (07-20-2021), justnspace (07-20-2021), loki (07-19-2021)
Old 07-19-2021, 04:05 PM
Car Enthusiast

Received 175 Likes on 89 Posts
Whuuuuuuut? And the rest of the same post sounds like a 20ish boy with new toy.
The following 2 users liked this post by vhtran:
04WDPSeDaN (07-20-2021), justnspace (07-20-2021)
Old 07-19-2021, 04:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts

What exactly did you test? Sounds like a teen only looking at the sticker price when having just a $20 in his pocket and saying it's the best.
What exactly did Honda do for you? It's nothing new in regards to the bigger picture of the mid-performance tier.

Last edited by pyrodan007; 07-19-2021 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-19-2021, 04:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
Obviously the guy is enjoying his new Type S, in his own unique way. Why so many Debbie Downers around?
The following 3 users liked this post by a35tl:
flatlandtlx (07-20-2021), Ghostof TypeS Past (07-19-2021), JM2010 SH-AWD (07-21-2021)
Old 07-19-2021, 04:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Hope I made the honor list of revoked members. I would hate to be associated with this crap. Some of the guys are rating you as a teen. Think thats an overrating, middle school daydreamer is better. My fun car would rattle your sheetmetal & set off you car alarm if I blipped the throttle while next to it. Last thing I would ever do is run more than a slow idle out of the neighborhood.

Thing is the dual sound exhaust have been around for years & most recognize the keeping the flaps closed going out in the morning is common courtesy. Also helps in not getting you tagged as the neighborhood ass hole.

"whizzing past their toddlers only a few feet from the road." Think this gem sums up what you are very nicely.
The following 5 users liked this post by BEAR-AvHistory:
04WDPSeDaN (07-19-2021), DubPK (07-19-2021), Ghostof TypeS Past (07-19-2021), loki (07-19-2021), vhtran (07-19-2021)
Old 07-19-2021, 04:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by a35tl
Obviously the guy is enjoying his new Type S, in his own unique way. Why so many Debbie Downers around?
"whizzing past their toddlers only a few feet from the road."

Are you all in for his way of enjoying himself, making a lot of noise in the morning & scaring 4 year olds ??

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 07-19-2021 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-19-2021, 04:51 PM
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 155 Posts

Gosh that some serious cringe inducing drivel sparkled with priceless nuggets of immaturity....your neighbors are "jelaous" of your Type S?? Better not say anything, I stop here....
The following 4 users liked this post by 4G-Lover:
BEAR-AvHistory (07-20-2021), Ghostof TypeS Past (07-19-2021), justnspace (07-20-2021), loki (07-19-2021)
Old 07-19-2021, 05:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
"whizzing past their toddlers only a few feet from the road."

Are you all in for his way of enjoying himself, making a lot of noise in the morning & scaring 4 year olds ??
Surely, it's a bit of hyperbole on his part. If not, there's no doubt the local police will curb his shenanigans.

Last edited by a35tl; 07-19-2021 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-19-2021, 05:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
Where Columbia Acura is positioned, higher demographic live north east of Cinci - Mason/ Maineville. School parking lot of parents picking up kids is lined with Acura’s, one after another. There’s not an Acura dealer in the hood if that makes since.
Maineville is usually where I stay with a fair share of shopping in Mason. Just had my MDX washed at Mike's Car Wash. I never see that many Acuras (or Hondas) in the area. Here in the Somerset/Hunterdon NJ area (similar demographic) you'll see far more Acura/Honda in your travels.
Old 07-19-2021, 05:11 PM
Instructor

Lol. Super harsh community. Get hated on for telling a genuine story - get hated on for telling a ridiculous story. Love it!!! Thanks for the props!!!

The cringe you felt was the same cringe I feel every time I get a notification that someone has replied to a post on acurazine, I open it, and some idiot is just a complete douche about everything related to this car, nobody’s allowed to like the car for some reason because there’s “something better.”

A user posts a picture of their type S keys, someone replies with a pitcure of their BMW key. Straight trash.

At one point the forums were a place people could inform each other and discuss one thing we have in common and enjoy: Acura. Now a days it’s just trash.

Nobody can enjoy anything or be excited about something without being wrong. I cannot believe more people don’t like whizzing past hot moms and their toddlers!!
Tony Pac (07-19-2021)
Old 07-19-2021, 05:26 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,598 Likes on 961 Posts
Lol. Super harsh community. Get hated on for telling a genuine story - get hated on for telling a ridiculous story. Love it!!! Thanks for the props!!!

The cringe you felt was the same cringe I feel every time I get a notification that someone has replied to a post on acurazine, I open it, and some idiot is just a complete douche about everything related to this car, nobody’s allowed to like the car for some reason because there’s “something better.”

A user posts a picture of their type S keys, someone replies with a pitcure of their BMW key. Straight trash.

At one point the forums were a place people could inform each other and discuss one thing we have in common and enjoy: Acura. Now a days it’s just trash.

Nobody can enjoy anything or be excited about something without being wrong. I cannot believe more people don’t like whizzing past hot moms and their toddlers!!
That's why I say this isn't Acura forum. This is a bashing forum. Instead of congratulating someone for their purchase, and wishing them a good time. Here you get why did you buy Acura. you should have bought an Elantra lol! Anyway, watch BMW vs. Accord drag race!

Quick Reply: TLX Type S - Take it or leave it!!