Small Mods for the Type S Have Started

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2021, 07:02 PM
Intermediate

Received 100 Likes on 15 Posts
Small Mods for the Type S Have Started

I’ve had the Type S for just about a week now and I have started to personalize the car to make it my “own”.
  1. I swapped out the Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S tires with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4 tires. The tires transformed the car and they grip better than even the summer tire option
  2. I am having the side skirts (side underbody) put on Thursday by the dealer, this way it is warrantied.
  3. Ordered all of the emblems in Black
  4. 30% tint for all windows (excluding windshield) being done on Monday
  5. Ordered trunk mat (Weathertech) Already have the All-Season Type S mats ordered (part of original purchase but back ordered)
  6. leaning towards interior carbon fiber trim from Acura. Just not 100% sure because it is gloss and I prefer matte.
  7. installed black lug nuts and wheel locks with tire swap
  8. Undecided on PPF, although done at same tint shop and will decide before I drop off car on Monday.
That should do it for now. I’m happy with the performance level, especially with the new tires, and will not be tuning, doing any down pipes or exhaust, or any mechanical mods.

Again, I can’t believe how much I’m enjoying this car.

2021 Type S, Modern Steel, Red Interior
The following 4 users liked this post by Jaws54:
a35tl (08-17-2021), BOWA41 (08-18-2021), justnspace (08-17-2021), Legend2TL (08-18-2021)
Old 08-17-2021, 07:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,994 Likes on 1,417 Posts
PPF is well worth it on the bumper and mirrors + headlights to keep them looking great. I regret not doing it earlier with all of my cars.

Great choice on tires, are they any louder than the P7's from the factory or about the same?

Congrats on your purchase!
Old 08-17-2021, 07:40 PM
Drifting

Received 1,231 Likes on 890 Posts
I expect pics when everything's finished.
The following users liked this post:
silverTL6 (08-19-2021)
Old 08-17-2021, 08:06 PM
Intermediate

I don't feel that they are any louder than the stock P7s.

They do grip a hell of a lot better and they perform at a completely different level than the P7s.

The only choices were the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4 or the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06plus

Those 2 tires are in a different stratosphere compared to any other All-Season performance tire. Very little compromise using either of them
Old 08-18-2021, 11:47 AM
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaws54
I’ve had the Type S for just about a week now and I have started to personalize the car to make it my “own”.
  1. I swapped out the Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S tires with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4 tires. The tires transformed the car and they grip better than even the summer tire option
  2. I am having the side skirts (side underbody) put on Thursday by the dealer, this way it is warrantied.
  5. Ordered trunk mat (Weathertech) Already have the All-Season Type S mats ordered (part of original purchase but back ordered)
  6. leaning towards interior carbon fiber trim from Acura. Just not 100% sure because it is gloss and I prefer matte.
  8. Undecided on PPF, although done at same tint shop and will decide before I drop off car on Monday.
That should do it for now. I’m happy with the performance level, especially with the new tires, and will not be tuning, doing any down pipes or exhaust, or any mechanical mods.

Can't wait to see pictures. This is exactly how I will be setting up my car when it arrives! Hopefully in November!

Last edited by BOWA41; 08-18-2021 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-18-2021, 01:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 653 Likes on 351 Posts
What were you quoted on the ppf?
Old 08-18-2021, 03:19 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Get the PPF, at least on the nose....you won't be sorry. You can always get more later.

For more mod ideas, check out this thread....

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...nd-era-994810/
Old 08-19-2021, 11:11 AM
Intermediate

Amazingly, I showed up for my install of the side skirts and the dealership didn’t receive them in the shipment.

they aren’t being released because of potential backorder.

On a positive note, my all-season rubber mats were there.
Old 08-20-2021, 09:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 207 Likes on 174 Posts

I love this on the windshield.
https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/b5005118130/
Old 08-22-2021, 03:04 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally Posted by DaIll1
I love this on the windshield.
https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/b5005118130/
Good job! I too like to personalize...but, keep it within reason. I have been using those same tires for a few yrs on my cars. Great tires! I have a set on my '21 Mustang GT, with the Perf. Package.
They are just great with grip and give me peace of mind when air temp is below 45 deg. I don't drive it in the snow and ice....but, have driven those tires on SUV's...Acura's....in snow and ice and they
are great...along with the outstanding Sh-Awd system by Acura.

I don't push my Mustang super hard or track it, etc, so that's why I don't need "summer sticky tires." Some will bash me for that....too bad, it's my car, my driving needs. I do push it hard at times, and
that's how I know these tires really grip. Taking on ramps at "speed" and also a few max take offs from a stop.....along with the cars Torsen rear end....it hardly even breaks loose. Of course, I know how
to break them loose IF I wanted to burn up lots of $$ in tires! LOL!!
Old 08-22-2021, 03:11 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts

They do grip a hell of a lot better and they perform at a completely different level than the P7s.

The only choices were the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4 or the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06plus

Those 2 tires are in a different stratosphere compared to any other All-Season performance tire. Very little compromise using either of them
Totally agree. I own both tires. Have the Contis on my new '22 MDX. Quiet, comfy and is now...by Tire Racks owners survey...the Contis have surpassed the Mich. by just a little.
But, they are both "at the top" when it comes to Ultra High Perf. All Season Tires. I have owned the Conti DWS 06's in the past too. Great all weather tire. Also have owned the
prev. gen. Mich to these A/S 4's. Conti knew that had to up their game to stay with the Mich. and they did. The DWS 06's stayed around for many yrs. The new "Plus" is just an
upgrade and it's worked well for them.
Old 08-22-2021, 03:12 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,090 Likes on 2,540 Posts

+1, have had the Conti DWS's before, they are great tires. Many 3G TL owners have also had various Pilot Sport A/S's also great tires.
Old 08-22-2021, 07:46 PM
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostTL09
What were you quoted on the ppf?
I had my Type S quoted at $1200 for full bumper (including front splitter), headlights, radar sensor, full hood, side mirrors, and door caps. Have my appointment set at the beginning of September to have it done including window tint ($325) and ceramic coating ($1200).