Holy Tight Back Seat!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2023, 10:05 PM
Pro

Received 202 Likes on 111 Posts
Holy Tight Back Seat!

Hey guys!

So, it truly amazes me how bad the backseat legroom is! I never realized it until I rode in the backseat this afternoon. I have the seat set to move back when I turn off the car to make getting in and out easier. However, I went to get in before the car was started (seat back) and yeah, that didn't go well!

Do most of you use the seat setting where the seat moves back to make entering/exiting the vehicle easier? How have your back seat passengers felt about the legroom back there?

Old 07-25-2023, 10:17 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,429 Likes on 1,879 Posts
The laughably small rear seat was a dealbreaker for me. Even the much small Integra has considerably more rear legroom than the TLX. And unless you’re under 5’4, you can’t even sit in the middle seat without hunching over uncomfortably.

As for the seat movement thing, I always disable it. Seems unnecessary and just one more thing to break. If anything I’d rather have a power steering column that retracts the steering wheel, like what Lexuses have had for the last 15 years.
Old 07-25-2023, 10:32 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by fiatlux
The laughably small rear seat was a dealbreaker for me. Even the much small Integra has considerably more rear legroom than the TLX. And unless you’re under 5’4, you can’t even sit in the middle seat without hunching over uncomfortably.

As for the seat movement thing, I always disable it. Seems unnecessary and just one more thing to break. If anything I’d rather have a power steering column that retracts the steering wheel, like what Lexuses have had for the last 15 years.
I agree about the power steering column!

Yes, the backseat is ridiculous for such a big vehicle! I guess I should have sat back there when I bought it. It just didn't appear to be that small when I've had people in the back, but I sure as heck wasn't comfortable back there!

I love the Type S power, but I am surely missing my RDX Aspec!
Old 07-26-2023, 01:53 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 389 Likes on 271 Posts
Originally Posted by swttsx007
I guess I should have sat back there when I bought it.
You are late to the party!
The following users liked this post:
Tony Pac (07-26-2023)
Old 07-26-2023, 07:07 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by sonyfever
You are late to the party!
Yes, apparently so! No doubt I would have been better off going with the RDX Aspec Advance! However, the power of the Type S is fun!

As long as it does okay in the snow, I will be okay with my purchase. Although, if an RDX Type S comes out, I’ll be moving back into an SUV!
Old 07-26-2023, 10:02 AM
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts
Coming from the 2015 TLX, yeah these back seats are barely useable for anyone taller than 4 ft lol. I'm 5'11 and whoever sits behind me will not be enjoying the ride lol. That said, when I test drove mine, my agent was like 6'+ and had some heft on him and he sat behind me, so maybe it's possible.
Old 07-26-2023, 10:43 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Paul Kim
That said, when I test drove mine, my agent was like 6'+ and had some heft on him and he sat behind me, so maybe it's possible.
I think this is more of an indictment on how far salespeople will go to close the deal
The following 2 users liked this post by fiatlux:
Paul Kim (07-26-2023), sonyfever (07-26-2023)
Old 07-26-2023, 12:42 PM
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts
I think this is more of an indictment on how far salespeople will go to close the deal
Should have put him in the trunk LOL!!
sonyfever (07-26-2023)
Old 07-26-2023, 01:22 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,598 Likes on 961 Posts
Wait, wait and wait!!! Did you buy the TLX? or you're testing it? Please do not tell me you bought it and now you're creating a thread about the backseat! Cannot wait to hear your answer
Jim2301 (07-26-2023)
Old 07-26-2023, 05:52 PM
Pro

It seemed like I had more room when I initially drove it. However, I didn't have the setting for the seat to move back upon exiting the vehicle. So, once I turned that off this morning, there is a lot more room to get into the backseat now before the vehicle is started and the seat moves forward. Still, not a TON of space, but it's doable. I don't have kids, so the backseat is very rarely used anyway.

Funny that someone mentioned a tall salesman. I had a guy about 5'11 and 250 pounds sitting behind me on the test drive with no issues. Also, the guy that tinted my windows is 6'4 and 365 pounds. I have absolutely NO idea how he tinted my back window, but he managed somehow.
Old 07-26-2023, 06:52 PM
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts
First, the only competitor I was looking at was the G70 3.3T and it's backseat was no bigger.

I like the moving driver's seat, I just tell people not to get in behind me until I'm in.
The Legend coupe had the retracting steering wheel, not sure why Acura stopped having that.
Old 07-26-2023, 08:49 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 22TypeS
The Legend coupe had the retracting steering wheel, not sure why Acura stopped having that.
One word: cost.

The Legend was Honda putting their best foot forward. It even had things like soft-close doors. Acura unfortunately isn't a product of Honda doing their best.

Last edited by fiatlux; 07-26-2023 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-27-2023, 09:06 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by swttsx007
It seemed like I had more room when I initially drove it. However, I didn't have the setting for the seat to move back upon exiting the vehicle. So, once I turned that off this morning, there is a lot more room to get into the backseat now before the vehicle is started and the seat moves forward. Still, not a TON of space, but it's doable. I don't have kids, so the backseat is very rarely used anyway.

Funny that someone mentioned a tall salesman. I had a guy about 5'11 and 250 pounds sitting behind me on the test drive with no issues. Also, the guy that tinted my windows is 6'4 and 365 pounds. I have absolutely NO idea how he tinted my back window, but he managed somehow.
All I can say that this backseat topic was discussed million times. With all respect, I am shocked that you did not check this during your test drive and paid $50-60K. Anyway, it's your choice but these threads don't help current and future owners. We have enough topics about Acura "should have done this and that". Hope you enjoy your car and never use the backseat Please share something that we don't know and you discovered post purchase!

And let me share my experience with you as I have tested TLX and TLX TYPE S in several occasions.
The backseat is good for an average person. But if you have a 6 ft driver and 6 ft passenger, then it's tight. Front facing baby car seat is fine as well. No issue at all. But a backward baby car seat with a tall passenger or driver will not be comfortable or great. To conclude, the backseat is decent when compared to G70, IS 350 or A4 but it's a lot smaller than Lexus ES.

Last edited by Tony Pac; 07-27-2023 at 09:10 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tony Pac:
bilirubin (07-27-2023), Legend2TL (08-08-2023)
Old 07-28-2023, 07:18 AM
Drifting

Received 1,246 Likes on 904 Posts
In another thread, I had an argument with another member who said the TLX would make a great family car. He was from Europe but we live in Merica! LOL!
Old 07-28-2023, 07:26 AM
Pro

Received 433 Likes on 249 Posts
The average rear legroom of sedans is ~35in and has been so for years. It seems that 35in is too small nowadays as the industry shifts towards SUVs. Given that nearly all the competition also have 35in, they will have the same rear legroom.

It seems the footspace makes the rear seem smaller than it is because of the ventilated seat motors crowding the footwell space.
Old 07-28-2023, 08:21 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by ELIN
In another thread, I had an argument with another member who said the TLX would make a great family car. He was from Europe but we live in Merica! LOL!
In Europe VW polo is considered a great family car as well. I am very familiar with European market but one of the reasons, I never bring Europe to any of our conversations as it won't make sense. In Europe, gas is very expensive and they are very conscious. Also, they don't like big cars and frames. Their roads, sidewalks and street or indoor parking do not allow the NA type of cars.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tony Pac:
Edward'TLS (07-28-2023), ELIN (07-28-2023)
Old 08-02-2023, 12:32 PM
Banned

Received 80 Likes on 47 Posts
haha..yeah, this is a 2 person car! LOL....at least if your tall! That's why we take the RDX when I have passengers!
Old 08-02-2023, 12:39 PM
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by thedeathprojects
haha..yeah, this is a 2 person car! LOL....at least if your tall! That's why we take the RDX when I have passengers!
My dealer just gave me an MDX A-Spec for a loaner. This thing is massive and I love the dash. Plus it has built in Wireless Apple CarPlay. I’d love this for a second car.
Tony Pac (08-02-2023)
Old 08-04-2023, 01:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
Wait, wait and wait!!! Did you buy the TLX? or you're testing it? Please do not tell me you bought it and now you're creating a thread about the backseat!
If there are ownership requirements for posting in certain forums, yall should probably post a Sticky about it so every knows ahead of time.
Old 08-04-2023, 08:04 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,146 Likes on 818 Posts
Originally Posted by Tesla1856
If there are ownership requirements for posting in certain forums, yall should probably post a Sticky about it so every knows ahead of time.
This particular case is not normal. We are not buying a bicycle. We are buying a $40K+ vehicle, and anyone in the right mind will check, double-check, and triple-check the potential vehicle(s) inside and out thoroughly, before putting down our hard-earned $.

However, if someone does the vehicle shopping purely on brochures, literature, and online information without checking out the physical vehicle, that someone must have so much dough that "oops, too small, let's check out and buy another vehicle online".

Therefore, this shouldn't happen too often in real life.

The following 2 users liked this post by Edward'TLS:
Jim2301 (08-07-2023), Tony Pac (08-05-2023)
Old 08-04-2023, 08:51 PM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts
One word: cost.

The Legend was Honda putting their best foot forward. It even had things like soft-close doors. Acura unfortunately isn't a product of Honda doing their best.
The MDX is the only product from Acura that offers power, retractable steering wheel. The RLX did as well, Honda I guess doesn't feel the need to have power steering wheel in this class of vehicle. Than again, neither does S5. I never move my steering wheel so it's one of the luxury features I can care less about.
22TypeS (08-05-2023)
Old 08-05-2023, 07:48 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by Tesla1856
The whole point of my message was when you buy a car, it’s important to do your home work. How can one buy a car without checking the backseat? It’s not like you’re buying a tv and later you find out that the it has only 3 HDMIs instead of 4. Sure, no big deal!

But we don’t buy a house or car without checking everything. The op reminded me of someone buying a house with 6 bedrooms and one bathroom. The next day he finds out, omg. I have 6 bedrooms and only one bathroom 😂

The following 3 users liked this post by Tony Pac:
Edward'TLS (08-05-2023), frainc (08-05-2023), Jim2301 (08-07-2023)
Old 08-06-2023, 11:44 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 539 Likes on 276 Posts
The whole point of my message was when you buy a car, it’s important to do your home work. How can one buy a car without checking the backseat? It’s not like you’re buying a tv and later you find out that the it has only 3 HDMIs instead of 4. Sure, no big deal!

But we don’t buy a house or car without checking everything. The op reminded me of someone buying a house with 6 bedrooms and one bathroom. The next day he finds out, omg. I have 6 bedrooms and only one bathroom 😂
Your example of the house reminds me of my search. I had a few non-negotiable points when I looked at homes. At the top of this list was a two car garage and at least 1.5 bath. I actually envisioned my girlfriend and I both needing the bathroom at the same time and only the first one in was safe. 😂
Tony Pac (08-07-2023)
Old 08-07-2023, 10:25 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by KrylonBlue
Your example of the house reminds me of my search. I had a few non-negotiable points when I looked at homes. At the top of this list was a two car garage and at least 1.5 bath. I actually envisioned my girlfriend and I both needing the bathroom at the same time and only the first one in was safe. 😂
hahah!

Btw, that was a real example with some exaggerations. I know someone who bought a house and their requirement was 2 full bathrooms. They bought the house and realized there is one one bath and powder room. He had to build one on the main floor and it was a complete sh1t show. I always joke with him now. I cannot imagine how people buy house or car without checking the basics.
KrylonBlue (08-07-2023)
Old 08-07-2023, 10:30 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by KrylonBlue
I would imagine a home w/2-car garage is probably going to have more than 1.5 bath by default, right?

I don't envy anyone looking for a house in today's market. The current rate is the highest in 30 years and about triple my refinance from a couple years ago!
Old 08-07-2023, 10:58 AM
Air Vice Marshal

Received 300 Likes on 155 Posts
In Europe VW polo is considered a great family car as well. I am very familiar with European market but one of the reasons, I never bring Europe to any of our conversations as it won't make sense. In Europe, gas is very expensive and they are very conscious. Also, they don't like big cars and frames. Their roads, sidewalks and street or indoor parking do not allow the NA type of cars.
They have some nice vehicles in Europe that would be right at home in the US. When we were in Ireland I rented a Škoda Octavia, which I really enjoyed driving (the stick shift enhanced the experience a bit. The woman I lived with in Germany, a lovely Czech nurse, just bought an Octavia Estate. It's built on the same platform as the Audi A3, but stretched in front and behind the rear axle, giving more rear seat space and adding space for the cargo. All-in-all, a very nice package.
Old 08-07-2023, 11:16 AM
Air Vice Marshal

I would imagine a home w/2-car garage is probably going to have more than 1.5 bath by default, right?
I think you are correct. In this area I think the default for a four bedroom is two full baths, one in the master bedroom and one shared that typically has two sinks. Then a 1/2 bath in the "public" areas. My house was supposed to be five bedrooms, with four of them sharing two full bathrooms and another in the master with a 1/2 bath downstairs. Since the builder allowed me to redesign the upstairs any way I pleased, as long as I didn't move the plumbing runs too far, I got rid of one bedroom to make the others bigger and converted one of the upstairs baths to a laundry room. Makes more sense for the washer and dryer to be up where all the laundry is than in the basement.
Old 08-07-2023, 11:52 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by mike03a3
I think you are correct. In this area I think the default for a four bedroom is two full baths, one in the master bedroom and one shared that typically has two sinks. Then a 1/2 bath in the "public" areas. My house was supposed to be five bedrooms, with four of them sharing two full bathrooms and another in the master with a 1/2 bath downstairs. Since the builder allowed me to redesign the upstairs any way I pleased, as long as I didn't move the plumbing runs too far, I got rid of one bedroom to make the others bigger and converted one of the upstairs baths to a laundry room. Makes more sense for the washer and dryer to be up where all the laundry is than in the basement.
Nice! More sq ft per room is always desired!

I have one of those "Jack and Jill" shared bathrooms and it's not ideal.
Old 08-07-2023, 02:21 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 539 Likes on 276 Posts

I don't envy anyone looking for a house in today's market. The current rate is the highest in 30 years and about triple my refinance from a couple years ago!
You would think so but I saw quite a few with a two car garage with only one bathroom during my search. I also saw plenty without garages at all. Both of those were requirements for me when I bought my home and I got in just before the rates sky rocketed.
ELIN (08-07-2023)
Old 08-07-2023, 02:49 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,172 Likes on 2,590 Posts
https://www.edmunds.com/car-comparis...veh2=401942879

To put the rear seat of the TLX into perspective, here are the % compared to a 530i
So the greatest difference in any of the head/leg/shoulder room dimensions between the two vehicles is only 4.4% less rear legroom which puts the TLX in a very similar size class as a 5 series. As shown the difference between a 5 series is fairly small.

Last edited by Legend2TL; 08-07-2023 at 02:58 PM.
Tony Pac (08-07-2023)
Old 08-07-2023, 03:16 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Legend2TL
https://www.edmunds.com/car-comparis...veh2=401942879

To put the rear seat of the TLX into perspective, here are the % compared to a 530i
So the greatest difference in any of the head/leg/shoulder room dimensions between the two vehicles is only 4.4% less rear legroom which puts the TLX in a very similar size class as a 5 series. As shown the difference between a 5 series is fairly small.
Your Jedi mind trick won't work on me! Linear leg room dimension is only one part of the volume equation. Since the 530i's rear head room and shoulder room are also more than the TLX's, then the overall cubic volume in the leg room area also stands to be that much more spacious!

If anyone is serious about comparing these 2 cars, then they will have to weigh the following (I assumed TLX A-Spec SHAWD vs 530i xDrive AWD):

1) TLX fuel capacity of 15.9 gal vs the 530i's 18.0 gal (Edmunds estimates the BMW gets 115 miles more range on a full tank).
2) 530i will easily meet or exceed EPA fuel economy estimates whereas the TLX will struggle to meet it.
3) 530i's trunk has 5.2 ft3 more space.

The 530i is a solid example of mid-size luxury whereas the TLX still skews compact class despite the larger exterior dimensions due to the above (range and trunk space). Last I checked, the range of the TLX approximates the tiny Lexus NX SUV!

Last edited by ELIN; 08-07-2023 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-07-2023, 03:46 PM
AZ Community Team

Nothing works on you with your acceleration, range and braking anxiety

In terms of interior volume the TLX is 93ft^3 and 5 series is 99ft^3 which is 6% smaller which hardly makes the 5 series "that much more spacious!". To me 6% is smaller but not dramatically smaller. The trunk is a large difference I agree on which is something often overlooked. And range? The TLX and NX are ~400 miles which is actually fairly close to the median range of 2023 ICE passenger cars being 413 miles, so again actual data brings perspective. You also failed to note in Edmunds comparison that the BMW's estimated cost of ownership over 5 years is $86,829 vs. $66,029 of the TLX.

For example, in 2021, the median gas car range (on one full tank) in the U.S. was around 413 miles (664 km)
https://www.edmunds.com/car-comparis...ssion_junction

Your Jedi mind trick won't work on me! Linear leg room dimension is only one part of the volume equation. Since the 530i's rear head room and shoulder room are also more than the TLX's, then the overall cubic volume in the leg room area also stands to be that much more spacious!

If anyone is serious about comparing these 2 cars, then they will have to weigh the following (I assumed TLX A-Spec SHAWD vs 530i xDrive AWD):

1) TLX fuel capacity of 15.9 gal vs the 530i's 18.0 gal (Edmunds estimates the BMW gets 115 miles more range on a full tank).
2) 530i will easily meet or exceed EPA fuel economy estimates whereas the TLX will struggle to meet it.
3) 530i's trunk has 5.2 ft3 more space.

The 530i is a solid example of mid-size luxury whereas the TLX still skews compact class despite the larger exterior dimensions due to the above (range and trunk space). Last I checked, the range of the TLX approximates the tiny Lexus NX SUV!

Last edited by Legend2TL; 08-07-2023 at 04:22 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Legend2TL:
frainc (08-07-2023), Jim2301 (08-07-2023)
Old 08-07-2023, 04:20 PM
Drifting

Nothing works on you with your acceleration, range and braking anxiety

In terms of interior volume the TLX is 93ft^3 and 5 series is 99ft^3 which is 6% smaller which hardly makes the 5 series "that much more spacious!". To me 6% is smaller but not dramatically smaller. The trunk is a large difference I agree on which is something often overlooked. And range? The TLX and NX are ~400 miles which is actually fairly close to the median range of 2023 ICE passenger cars being 413 miles, so again actual data brings perspective. You also failed to note in Edmunds comparison that the BMW's estimated cost of ownership over 5 years is $81,786 vs. $66,029.
6 ft3 difference is equivalent to about 45 gallons. While someone is wrapping their brain around the small 6% number, I prefer the reality of 45 gallons more space!
Cost of ownership has never really been considered by me. Should I? Besides, you are technically comparing cost of ownership of a car in the compact class vs mid-size. Not really apples to apples...

You can frame it any way you like, the TLX has a "compact" interior.
Old 08-07-2023, 04:27 PM
AZ Community Team

6 ft3 difference is equivalent to about 45 gallons. While someone is wrapping their brain around the small 6% number, I prefer the reality of 45 gallons more space!
Cost of ownership has never really been considered by me. Should I? Besides, you are technically comparing cost of ownership of a car in the compact class vs mid-size. Not really apples to apples...

You can frame it any way you like, the TLX has a "compact" interior.
I'm comparing two sedans cars in the same class in terms of configuration/drivetrain/functions/features/size/weight/performance/... if you don't wanna believe it that's your prerogative otherwise I'll stick to facts and figures which illustrate reality.

Last edited by Legend2TL; 08-07-2023 at 06:03 PM.
Tony Pac (08-07-2023)
Old 08-07-2023, 06:47 PM
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 73 Posts
I'm comparing two sedans cars in the same class in terms of configuration/drivetrain/functions/features/size/weight/performance/... if you don't wanna believe it that's your prerogative otherwise I'll stick to facts and figures which illustrate reality.
Don't you know that ELIN knows everything and he will get the last word in no matter what.
Old 08-07-2023, 07:07 PM
Air Vice Marshal

Your "reality" does not comport with the reality of the many people on this forum who find the rear seat of the TLX too small. When I went to order a new Type-S to replace my beloved TL Type S my wife tried the back seat and promptly pronounced it too small. Since we make frequent family trips to SW Virginia from Northern Virginia she had ample experience riding in the back seat of the TL. The back seat was a major factor in my deciding against the new TLX-S. Everyone finds the rear seats in the 5 series to be extremely comfortable.
Frankly, the only way the TLX compares to a 5 series is the way Acura made it inexplicably bigger (longer) and heavier without a corresponding increase in interior]s space. There is now real comparison between the TLX and the 5 series. The TLX is not intended to compete with a much more expensive luxury sedan.

ELIN (08-07-2023)
Old 08-07-2023, 08:35 PM
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts
You also failed to note in Edmunds comparison that the BMW's estimated cost of ownership over 5 years is $86,829 vs. $66,029 of the TLX.
The start of the cost of ownership difference starts with the base price of a (2024) 530i X-drive which is $60,200 who knows how expensive once you add things to get the content on par with TLX A-Spec SHAWD. BMW will no longer have an ICE 5-series competitor to the Type S as the 540 is no longer (at least on the current BMWUSA site).
On the topic of this thread, yes the rear seat is small, but about the same as G70, A/S4 and A/S5 and 3-series. I ended up cross shopping just the G70, backseat was not part of the difference.
Old 08-07-2023, 09:00 PM
AZ Community Team

Meh, you don't understand that my reality is taking the Acura/BMW specifications and performing simple performance engineering/quantitative analysis on them to contrast/compare them which is all factual. You have obviously gotten confused with your subjective analysis versus my objective analysis. I'm extremely skeptical (my subjective analysis) of someone who believes that the TLX is "too small" which is only 6% smaller in volume and 4.2% worst linear measurement than the 5 series which you state "Everyone finds the rear seats in the 5 series to be extremely comfortable", that tends to illustrate they're biased and/or have hyperbole effect.

Originally Posted by mike03a3
Your "reality" does not comport with the reality of the many people on this forum who find the rear seat of the TLX too small. When I went to order a new Type-S to replace my beloved TL Type S my wife tried the back seat and promptly pronounced it too small. Since we make frequent family trips to SW Virginia from Northern Virginia she had ample experience riding in the back seat of the TL. The back seat was a major factor in my deciding against the new TLX-S. Everyone finds the rear seats in the 5 series to be extremely comfortable.
Frankly, the only way the TLX compares to a 5 series is the way Acura made it inexplicably bigger (longer) and heavier without a corresponding increase in interior]s space. There is now real comparison between the TLX and the 5 series. The TLX is not intended to compete with a much more expensive luxury sedan.

Last edited by Legend2TL; 08-07-2023 at 09:16 PM.
Old 08-08-2023, 07:20 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by 22TypeS
The start of the cost of ownership difference starts with the base price of a (2024) 530i X-drive which is $60,200 who knows how expensive once you add things to get the content on par with TLX A-Spec SHAWD. BMW will no longer have an ICE 5-series competitor to the Type S as the 540 is no longer (at least on the current BMWUSA site).
On the topic of this thread, yes the rear seat is small, but about the same as G70, A/S4 and A/S5 and 3-series. I ended up cross shopping just the G70, backseat was not part of the difference.
According to this, the 540i will still exist for MY24 (build sites are beholden to what's available at the current moment and can be slow):
https://www.caranddriver.com/bmw/5-series

I don't think there's any question the TLX is being marketed solidly in the compact car category against the likes of A4, C Class, and 3 series. Bringing back the narrative of the TLX competing against the 5 series reminds me of the failed marketing scheme Acura had on their website w/the 2 cars side by side. I especially enjoyed when someone took the same pic of the website but replaced the 5 series w/a stealth fighter but can't find that post (was it fiatlux?).

The comparison was ridiculed back then so why are we opening that can of worms again, Legend2TL?
Old 08-08-2023, 07:29 AM
Drifting

Except they're not the same function/features. By your own admission, the 5 series has a larger trunk and a longer range (these are tangible benefits of a mid-size car).

The TLX and NX are ~400 miles which is actually fairly close to the median range of 2023 ICE passenger cars being 413 miles, so again actual data brings perspective.
Has it occurred to you that the reason the median range of ICE passenger cars being 413 miles is because compact cars tend to be the most affordable?!!

Last edited by ELIN; 08-08-2023 at 07:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Holy Tight Back Seat!