Eat Poo Poo BMW

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2021, 02:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 382 Likes on 224 Posts
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
I think the Rabid Beaver looks quite sinister. Maybe like an Attack Beaver

The black does the best job of de-emphasizing the grill of any color. If they would just redo the grill the front of the car would be perfect. Hard to believe that was the design they settled on. Would like to see what other ones they though were worse to settle on that one.
The following 2 users liked this post by jhb31:
BEAR-AvHistory (12-30-2021), pyrodan007 (12-31-2021)
Old 12-30-2021, 03:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Would agree the grill is a major design issue. Thought it would impact sales but based on the M site it does not seem like it did. They report quarterly so the years numbers are not in. Would have preferred the one from the Z4. That said two things there are aftermarket front panels being made the use the classic BMW design, Did not think I would buy one when the first came out & bought the Z4. Had a few drives in some M4 RWD's, never drove the M3, & it was very very strong with outstanding handling but the engine totally overpowered the suspension on acceleration. Could get the Z4 to hold it off till about 70mph.

When they released the AWD version took another shot at it & bought the convertible. Will eat the Z4's lunch & steal half it candy money. Could not really push them on the street without being stupid but expect to Lap VIR quicker than the Z. The Z is very agile but VIR is a power track with two long straights one uphill. Both run over 1G on the skid pad.

When a whale of a 4 passenger car 4000llbs can run with a base StingRay its something special in car land. Gets very easy to over look the grill from the drivers seat. Should it ever seriously bother me the availability to change it is a nice thing. But as the man said the most seen view is pretty standard BMW.

The following 2 users liked this post by BEAR-AvHistory:
Kense (12-30-2021), MarcoTLX (12-31-2021)
Old 12-30-2021, 03:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 562 Likes on 293 Posts
Originally Posted by F23A4

That's awful. My son (big Nissan fan) had a 3.7S a few years ago and wound up unloaded it about a year afterwards when the 7AT started to act funny. (I recall driving it and thinking it's a shame this tranny's awfulness flies under the radar yet the ZF9 gets all the grief.)

That Jatco CVT alone is enough to compromise Nissan quality in a major way. The Pathfinder/QX60 transitioning to the ZF9 is a big leap in the right direction, ZF9 detractors on Azine notwithstanding.
Yeah those Transmissions are horrendous. Even the non CVT one they use now limits the car and shifts slow. It's a shame because they could have really been a great brand and were when they first dropped the G35, that car was revolutionary then they fell off hard. Hopefully the new 400 Z and a GTR Re Design brings them back to glory.
Old 12-30-2021, 06:17 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 535 Likes on 273 Posts
The main reason I’ve disliked BMW styling over the years is the grille. The new grille design is one of if not the worst yet but the car otherwise looks very nice.

I will continue to purchase Acura vehicles unless I’m given a reason not to such as poor design and/or quality. For me, at 33 years old, I think the styling and performance meet the expectations I have in terms of purchasing a car. Could it be faster? Sure, why not? But in the end it’s quick enough as a daily driver and very responsive with good handling. It’s comfortable and is very aggressive looking.

We are all brought to this forum and other car communities because we share a common love of cars. Whether it’s an Acura, BMW, Mercedes or another brand the fact remains were all just one big community with similar interests. In fact, when I bought my 8th Gen Honda Civic I was a part of that large community and met my now best friend back in 2008. We’re brothers not and we met because of our love of cars. It’s things like meeting him that make me love these communities.
The following 5 users liked this post by KrylonBlue:
BEAR-AvHistory (12-30-2021), MarcoTLX (12-31-2021), norsairius (12-31-2021), TypeS22 (12-30-2021), WTF.Acura (12-31-2021)
Old 12-30-2021, 07:30 PM
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 73 Posts
Would agree the grill is a major design issue. Thought it would impact sales but based on the M site it does not seem like it did. They report quarterly so the years numbers are not in. Would have preferred the one from the Z4. That said two things there are aftermarket front panels being made the use the classic BMW design, Did not think I would buy one when the first came out & bought the Z4. Had a few drives in some M4 RWD's, never drove the M3, & it was very very strong with outstanding handling but the engine totally overpowered the suspension on acceleration. Could get the Z4 to hold it off till about 70mph.

When they released the AWD version took another shot at it & bought the convertible. Will eat the Z4's lunch & steal half it candy money. Could not really push them on the street without being stupid but expect to Lap VIR quicker than the Z. The Z is very agile but VIR is a power track with two long straights one uphill. Both run over 1G on the skid pad.

When a whale of a 4 passenger car 4000llbs can run with a base StingRay its something special in car land. Gets very easy to over look the grill from the drivers seat. Should it ever seriously bother me the availability to change it is a nice thing. But as the man said the most seen view is pretty standard BMW.

Not a fan of that rear, Disliked the dual exhaust being so close too each other like on the m3's spaced further out looks better.
The following users liked this post:
KrylonBlue (12-30-2021)
Old 12-30-2021, 07:32 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by TypeS22
Not a fan of that rear, Disliked the dual exhaust being so close too each other like on the m3's spaced further out looks better.
The exhaust spacing bothers me too. The outside exhaust such as the Type S looks sharper IMO. Something so simple changes the look drastically.
Old 12-30-2021, 07:44 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by KrylonBlue
I don’t think any car in it’s class looks better than the 2nd Gen TLX, especially Type S. Acura may have left a lot on the table in regards to performance but it’s the best looking of the bunch. Love my Type S except the fact I’ve already curbed my rims twice. 😂
I put slightly lower profile, slightly wider tires on mine which stick out about 1/4 inch from the rims - it's a nice feeling knowing that If I'm going slow, I can feel my tire touch the curb and not hear that awful scratching sound
The following 2 users liked this post by Christopher.:
BEAR-AvHistory (12-30-2021), KrylonBlue (12-30-2021)
Old 12-30-2021, 08:18 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by Christopher.
I put slightly lower profile, slightly wider tires on mine which stick out about 1/4 inch from the rims - it's a nice feeling knowing that If I'm going slow, I can feel my tire touch the curb and not hear that awful scratching sound
Do you have any pictures?

I curbed my rim because I was driving straight out of a drive thru window and slightly turned my wheel to turn right and it scraped. This wasn’t a mistake of misjudging a tight space. This was a literal “how the hell did that happen” moment. 😩
Old 12-30-2021, 10:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Hey your just not a fan period I get that. Lots of people aren't for any number of reasons so enjoy your TLX-S while I enjoy riding with the roof down in the sunny south. Was tee shirt weather today.

One of my favorite parts of the car. It carries the on an "M" identifying tradition going back about 22 years. Not to mention how the compressed exhaust exit sounds. Car people can always recognize an M car by the 4 pipes set in two pairs near the center. A visual cue that its an M even when debadged. In those same 22 years the TLX has had about 5 totally different body styles some with real exhausts some with no exhausts. Zero brand recognition from generation to generation is not a good marketing plan. Its not the way to build a brand heritage & identity when you start all over again every 5 or 6 years. The Acura brand is not listed on Interbrands top 100.

The M's quad pipes also sets it apart from just about everybody else including its brand mates who have their pipes set at the outer edge. No problem with setting the pipes like that have them myself on one.

Lots of cars running quads on the outer edge now days, not too special anymore. What is kind of funny with the "S", in a sheep in wolfs clothing kind of way, are 503BHP sub 3 second sized exhaust outlets on a 355BHP 5 second car. Not sure if the lets pretend its quick image it invokes is such a great styling feature. Would not be surprised if the total diameter of the quads was converted to single outlet duals they would be a big as my side pipes.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 12-30-2021 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-30-2021, 10:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Christopher.
Yeah, that really sucks. Curbed a back wheel when I turned too sharp coming out of a bank teller machine that forced a tight right turn on exit. Cleaned most of it up but can still see it if I look for it. Not worth having it done by a pro.
Old 12-30-2021, 11:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts

1. while I enjoy riding with the roof down in the sunny south.

2. One of my favorite parts of the car. It carries the on an "M" identifying tradition going back about 22 years. Not to mention how the compressed exhaust exit sounds. Car people can always recognize an M car by the 4 pipes set in two pairs near the center. A visual cue that its an M even when debadged.
1. Yeah, your new BMW coupe looks nice in those pics (other page).

2. Cool. I learned something. Took my Audi out today to run some errands. Of the "higher-end" cars (coupes and sedans) I saw, they were mostly BMW, Mercedes, and Tesla.
Old 12-31-2021, 12:59 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Tesla1856
1. Yeah, your new BMW coupe looks nice in those pics (other page).

2. Cool. I learned something. Took my Audi out today to run some errands. Of the "higher-end" cars (coupes and sedans) I saw, they were mostly BMW, Mercedes, and Tesla.
Interesting thing Audi has just about replaced Acura here. Used to see 3, 4 some times 5 TL's at a local light during rush hour. Now its literally none. Last TL, a Gen 4, in the neighborhood was replaced this fall with an Audi SUV. They are selling well here & very common on the street. BMW X5 & its MB equivalent pretty much own the normal size SUV market. Porsche SUV also does well, my youngest daughter has one.

I put aftermarket replica running boards on it for about $500 less than Porsche wanted. Believe the aftermarkets are "over production" from the Chinese company that makes the OEM units. Big SUV's are all Chevy & Ford.

Tesla started very big here, 3 major universities UNC, DUKE & NCST close by & the Research Triangle Campus was a great potential customer base for them. At RTP it is a choice of Tesla or Porsche The money investment guys were buying Porsche & the scientists Tesla. They have a store front here.

Old 12-31-2021, 05:38 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,939 Likes on 14,469 Posts
anyone that spends a ton of cash buying a new car will love it. and they should.
The following 3 users liked this post by rockstar143:
BEAR-AvHistory (12-31-2021), KrylonBlue (12-31-2021), MarcoTLX (12-31-2021)
Old 12-31-2021, 05:40 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,939 Likes on 14,469 Posts
Interesting thing Audi has just about replaced Acura here. Used to see 3, 4 some times 5 TL's at a local light during rush hour. Now its literally none. Last TL, a Gen 4, in the neighborhood was replaced this fall with an Audi SUV.
Ironic you mention that. I strayed from the 3G and still have an Audi (had 2 at one point) but I'm back in what I would call my 4th iteration of 3G also and couldn't be happier. They are getting VERY rare to see looking decent on the street.
Old 12-31-2021, 06:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,662 Likes on 927 Posts
Interesting thing Audi has just about replaced Acura here. Used to see 3, 4 some times 5 TL's at a local light during rush hour. Now its literally none. Last TL, a Gen 4, in the neighborhood was replaced this fall with an Audi SUV. They are selling well here & very common on the street. BMW X5 & its MB equivalent pretty much own the normal size SUV market. Porsche SUV also does well, my youngest daughter has one.

I put aftermarket replica running boards on it for about $500 less than Porsche wanted. Believe the aftermarkets are "over production" from the Chinese company that makes the OEM units. Big SUV's are all Chevy & Ford.

Tesla started very big here, 3 major universities UNC, DUKE & NCST close by & the Research Triangle Campus was a great potential customer base for them. At RTP it is a choice of Tesla or Porsche The money investment guys were buying Porsche & the scientists Tesla. They have a store front here.
If you want to see where Acura is killing it (not that you'd want to), just swing over to Somerset, Morris and Hunterdon Counties New Jersey. I live in the former with one nearby neighbor sporting his 21 TLX Tech, another with an Apex Blue 22 MDX A-Spec AND a new neighbor who just moved in with a Platinum White 22 MDX A-Spec. Not sure where they procured their Acuras but the closest Acura dealership sits new a number of other stores (including MB, Lexus and Infiniti) and (not sure if it's any type of commentary) it's the only one with an actual parking deck attached to the store.

On the flipside, a Genesis would definitely stand out around here as they're a rare sight.
Old 12-31-2021, 07:19 AM
AZ Community Team

If you want to see where Acura is killing it (not that you'd want to), just swing over to Somerset, Morris and Hunterdon Counties New Jersey. I live in the former with one nearby neighbor sporting his 21 TLX Tech, another with an Apex Blue 22 MDX A-Spec AND a new neighbor who just moved in with a Platinum White 22 MDX A-Spec. Not sure where they procured their Acuras but the closest Acura dealership sits new a number of other stores (including MB, Lexus and Infiniti) and (not sure if it's any type of commentary) it's the only one with an actual parking deck attached to the store.

On the flipside, a Genesis would definitely stand out around here as they're a rare sight.
I am in the suburbs outside of Chicago and by me it’s a pretty even mixture of Acura, Lexus, MB, Infiniti and BMW. I don’t see a ton of Genesis either though.
F23A4 (12-31-2021)
Old 12-31-2021, 08:38 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,090 Likes on 2,540 Posts

+1, although the latest Genesis vehicles are very nice I rarely see them in my neighborhood but there is a new GV80 at work

I am in the suburbs outside of Chicago and by me it’s a pretty even mixture of Acura, Lexus, MB, Infiniti and BMW. I don’t see a ton of Genesis either though.
I live in the Howard County MD, according to the census bureau the 2nd highest median income county in the US https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...mmunity_Survey
It has all kinds of cars, SUV's and trucks from luxury brands Acura, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Bentley's and a few Rolls.... but mostly pretty generic vehicles Honda, Toyota, Ford, GMC, Chevy, VW, Hyundai....
The one noticeable change I've seen in the past handful of years in alot of Tesla's especially 3's in the last year.

Last edited by Legend2TL; 12-31-2021 at 08:44 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Legend2TL:
KrylonBlue (12-31-2021), MarcoTLX (12-31-2021)
Old 12-31-2021, 08:50 AM
Senior Moderator

In a way, I sort of feel bad for Genesis. I would argue that they're making a better effort than Acura on many levels (in terms of bringing a number of great products to market, leveraging the best in the game for their R&D in order to make this happen) but, it just seems like the brand has little draw to it around here.

People like me are probably part of the problem: Gen Xer, grew up when Honda/Toyota started to reshape the automotive landscape in the mid-late 80s/early 90s, buying into the superiority of Japanese quality and perceiving any Korean car as a crapbox. (Granted Toyota/Lexus is still the standard bearer here.)

Next to the MB dealership I referenced earlier, they are developing the land (used to be a Days Inn) which would be a great spot for a Genesis store as it'll also sit a block from Infiniti and Kia, across from Acura.

While I still dont feel inclined towards the brand, I am pulling for their success and truly believe they're the real reason why we have a TLX Type S and an MDX Type S. (Acura says they're aiming at the Germans with the Type S but I'm willing to bet it's more to do with Genesis coming out of nowhere to supplant Acura and Infniti as a viable alternative to both Lexus and BMW.....brand recognition aside, they've largely succeeded.)
The following 3 users liked this post by F23A4:
BEAR-AvHistory (12-31-2021), ESHBG (12-31-2021), KrylonBlue (12-31-2021)
Old 12-31-2021, 11:14 AM
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the Rabid Beaver looks quite sinister. Maybe like an Attack Beaver

This is what I see when I look at the front of that BMW.
MarcoTLX (12-31-2021)
Old 12-31-2021, 12:08 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Received 326 Likes on 218 Posts
Originally Posted by Legend2TL
I live in the Howard County MD, according to the census bureau the 2nd highest median income county in the US https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...mmunity_Survey
It has all kinds of cars, SUV's and trucks from luxury brands Acura, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Bentley's and a few Rolls.... but mostly pretty generic vehicles Honda, Toyota, Ford, GMC, Chevy, VW, Hyundai....
The one noticeable change I've seen in the past handful of years in alot of Tesla's especially 3's in the last year.
wow I live in the same area and man is there a bunch of Tesla owners, then you see German luxury too, had the pleasure of seeing a Taycan Turbo cruising by on MD 100 highway. Definitely abit of an affluent area here

But yes all kinds of cars to be seen here
Old 12-31-2021, 12:19 PM
Senior Moderator

+1, although the latest Genesis vehicles are very nice I rarely see them in my neighborhood but there is a new GV80 at work

If one of the towns in Somerset County NJ (Bound Brook) was excised from the county, it would probably jump from 12 to 3 on that ranking.
Old 12-31-2021, 12:21 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by MarcoTLX
wow I live in the same area and man is there a bunch of Tesla owners, then you see German luxury too, had the pleasure of seeing a Taycan Turbo cruising by on MD 100 highway. Definitely abit of an affluent area here

But yes all kinds of cars to be seen here
it was probably that witch that sells her farts in a jar. She has one
Old 12-31-2021, 12:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts

Interesting.

My previous post was about premium "cars".

For premium SUV, ... Acura-MDX is popular here (really only Acura you see here other than RDX) . Audi Q5 (and variants) are common. Surprisingly, saw lots of Mercedes SUV the other day ... with large emblem in front (is that what they call "dinner-plate" sensor ?) .

Yeah, this is Texas so lots of Ford/Chevy/GMC trucks and Suburban and clones. I try to ignore then but can't since they are always holding-up traffic and parking poorly.
Old 12-31-2021, 12:31 PM
Adept Acura Enthusiast

Received 326 Likes on 218 Posts
it was probably that witch that sells her farts in a jar. She has one
LMFAOOOO EXCUSE ME?

Now it takes a quite a odd person to buy such a product from an individual… that’s nasty
Old 12-31-2021, 12:47 PM
Instructor

LMFAOOOO EXCUSE ME?

Now it takes a quite a odd person to buy such a product from an individual… that’s nasty

MarcoTLX (12-31-2021)
Old 12-31-2021, 12:48 PM
Instructor

LMFAOOOO EXCUSE ME?

40k in a week and over 100k in less than a month. Why not that’s almost two type s’s
MarcoTLX (12-31-2021)
Old 12-31-2021, 12:54 PM
Senior Moderator

That’s absolutely disgusting.
MarcoTLX (12-31-2021)
Old 12-31-2021, 01:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Have no reason not to want Acura to sell well. But when guys start counting noses to prove a point will admit its nicer to have more noses to count. MDX does well here & Acura SUV's have a local presence. RDX not so much. My original comments were about sedans as that is what this forum covers. As far as SUV's in the last 3 years:

Acura sold about
2019 114,895
2020 100,601
2021 107,047
322,543 through November 2021

BMW sold about
2019 255,208
2020 234,514
2021 222,237
711,959 X series through Sept 2021

Then you have MB & Audi each doing around 300,000 total units for the 3 year period. That's a lot of SUV's creating street presence. All these SUV's have to be going someplace.. So if they are not going to Howard, Somerset, Morris and Hunterdon counties maybe there is a lot of spill off into poor Wake County NC which has a median income of $35,925 USD (2019).

BTW going from Wikipedia 2010 data posted in the thread to US news & World Report data Dec. 11, 2020, at 6:00 a.m Howard County has slipped from #2 to #7 on the rich list. Beltway Bandits getting laidoff? The Jersey counties are a hanging in there but have all slipped with Somerset is now on the bubble at #15, #12 Morris County & #13 Hunterdon County. California & some other western states have moved up. As for Wake county in NC where I live it which not have a chance in hell at making the list of counties we do have a Rolls Royce dealership 6 miles from the house.

For people who want to bask in the aura of wealth forget the counties look at the zip codes. Counties can be very diverse in income based on their size & location.
USA Richest Zip codes by income

Back to the cars, I can only report what I see & I see a lot less Acura's then I ever have pretty much all SUV's. Be nice to see them make a comeback as competition favors the buyer.
Old 12-31-2021, 01:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by kbench55

This is what I see when I look at the front of that BMW.
Give me a break looks nothing like that its not green. When I first saw them when the model was introduced my post had this:

Then as I saw more of them I moved to this:

Then after a few drives went to this.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 12-31-2021 at 01:18 PM.
Old 12-31-2021, 01:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Have no reason not to want Acura to sell well. But when guys start counting noses to prove a point will admit its nicer to have more noses to count. MDX does well here & Acura SUV's have a local presence. RDX not so much. My original comments were about sedans as that is what this forum covers. As far as SUV's in the last 3 years:

Acura sold about
2019 114,895
2020 100,601
2021 107,047
322,543 through November 2021

BMW sold about
2019 255,208
2020 234,514
2021 222,237
711,959 X series through Sept 2021

Then you have MB & Audi each doing around 300,000 total units for the 3 year period. That's a lot of SUV's creating street presence. All these SUV's have to be going someplace.. So if they are not going to Howard, Somerset, Morris and Hunterdon counties maybe there is a lot of spill off into poor Wake County NC which has a median income of $35,925 USD (2019).

BTW going from Wikipedia 2010 data posted in the thread to US news & World Report data Dec. 11, 2020, at 6:00 a.m Howard County has slipped from #2 to #7 on the rich list. Beltway Bandits getting laidoff? The Jersey counties are a hanging in there but have all slipped with Somerset is now on the bubble at #15, #12 Morris County & #13 Hunterdon County. California & some other western states have moved up. As for Wake county in NC where I live it which not have a chance in hell at making the list of counties we do have a Rolls Royce dealership 6 miles from the house.

For people who want to bask in the aura of wealth forget the counties look at the zip codes. Counties can be very diverse in income based on their size & location.
USA Richest Zip codes by income

Back to the cars, I can only report what I see & I see a lot less Acura's then I ever have pretty much all SUV's. Be nice to see them make a comeback as competition favors the buyer.
Can only speak for where I live/travel most.....will leave it others with respect to other 10-20s.
BEAR-AvHistory (12-31-2021)
Old 12-31-2021, 02:31 PM
Advanced

Received 92 Likes on 32 Posts

Yeah I'm in Montgomery County (I think around 17th in HH income in the US) and it's similar. People here generally don't flaunt wealth so while I do see the occasional NSX, R8, Bentley, 458/488 etc there are much more cars in the $40K-100K range.

There are a lot of Teslas, Lexus, Mercedes, BMWs, Acuras, etc. The more mainstream cars (Honda, Subaru, Toyota) are usually late model and high trim, and way more "imports" than "domestics" (besides Camaro/Mustang/Charger/Challenger/SUVs)

As for Acura specifically the RDX and MDX are both extremely popular here followed by the TLX. Even the ILX is relatively common after the last facelift. I've also seen way more of the new MDX than I've seen GV80s, and more 2G TLX than G70.
ESHBG (01-01-2022)
Old 12-31-2021, 02:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
its nice to compare sales figures but always keep in mind Acura sells four models.
The following 2 users liked this post by Nexx:
BEAR-AvHistory (12-31-2021), KrylonBlue (12-31-2021)
Old 12-31-2021, 03:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by one4all
Yeah I'm in Montgomery County (I think around 17th in HH income in the US) and it's similar. People here generally don't flaunt wealth so while I do see the occasional NSX, R8, Bentley, 458/488 etc there are much more cars in the $40K-100K range.

There are a lot of Teslas, Lexus, Mercedes, BMWs, Acuras, etc. The more mainstream cars (Honda, Subaru, Toyota) are usually late model and high trim, and way more "imports" than "domestics" (besides Camaro/Mustang/Charger/Challenger/SUVs)

As for Acura specifically the RDX and MDX are both extremely popular here followed by the TLX. Even the ILX is relatively common after the last facelift. I've also seen way more of the new MDX than I've seen GV80s, and more 2G TLX than G70.
We spend a lot of time (usually during the Summers) in the Bethesda/Chevy Chase area and that (^) has been my observation as well.
The following 3 users liked this post by F23A4:
ESHBG (01-01-2022), MarcoTLX (01-01-2022), one4all (01-01-2022)
Old 12-31-2021, 03:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Nexx
its nice to compare sales figures but always keep in mind Acura sells four models.
Agree. Back in the TL days some of the guys always thought that the BMW 3 series outsold them because it had a Coupe & Convertible in addition to the 4 door. They did not get parity till BMW created the 4 series which are just old 2 door 3's now counted separately.
Old 12-31-2021, 03:49 PM
Burning Brakes

I'll throw this view in for comparison.

The following 3 users liked this post by jhb31:
BEAR-AvHistory (12-31-2021), F23A4 (01-01-2022), KrylonBlue (12-31-2021)
Old 12-31-2021, 04:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by jhb31
I'll throw this view in for comparison.
Very nice... Like the color. Quads look in proportion to the body. The tail lights could be siblings, maybe Audi & BMW got a package deal from the supplier. What model is it?

Similar angle on the shot

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 12-31-2021 at 04:05 PM.
Old 12-31-2021, 04:10 PM
Burning Brakes

It's an S5 coupe. They did a great job with the symmetry of the tailpipes in with the proportions of the car. Just a bit more subtle but still has the look with the quad exhaust.
Old 12-31-2021, 06:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by jhb31
It's an S5 coupe. They did a great job with the symmetry of the tailpipes in with the proportions of the car. Just a bit more subtle but still has the look with the quad exhaust.
Some people just don't understand subtle. Really like coupes its very hard to beat the overall proportions of them with any other design. Other designs just look to be a compromise. The 5 door "coupes" are the worse. Was very happy when I did not require a 4 door sedan anymore. The 2006 TL was my last one.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 12-31-2021 at 06:25 PM.
jhb31 (01-01-2022)
Old 12-31-2021, 11:42 PM
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Give me a break looks nothing like that its not green. When I first saw them when the model was introduced my post had this:

Then as I saw more of them I moved to this:

Then after a few drives went to this.

To a convertible El Camino?

Old 01-01-2022, 12:53 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by kbench55
To a convertible El Camino?

Nah, already did a conversion like that to make a T-Top fast back coupe into a convertible. The Road has to much rear overhang should be a little shorter. Put anything heavy like an engine in the bed & it will be doing wheelies standing still.

Think my 280ZX home built convertible was a better size as I don't like real big cars.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 01-01-2022 at 01:02 AM.
Tesla1856 (01-01-2022)

Quick Reply: Eat Poo Poo BMW