Audi A4 vs. TLX 2.0T (Interior Tech)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 01:59 PM
Drifting

Received 1,262 Likes on 917 Posts
Originally Posted by Tesla1856
And yes ... the Wireless Apple CarPlay seems to be working on my new A5.
The wireless Apple CarPlay is one thing I wish I had on the TLX. Now that there is a dedicated spot for charging the phone, it's screaming to be taken off the lightning cable!
Old 11-27-2020, 05:25 AM
06 G35 6MT

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Sorry to side track the topic but quick question, I was comparing the interior of the M340i and the TLX and sum1 said the Aspec in canada is fixed to red?! Is that true? I thought we had 3 colors and for the Platinum Elite u get 27?

Old 11-27-2020, 06:19 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Vicious Type S
Sorry to side track the topic but quick question, I was comparing the interior of the M340i and the TLX and sum1 said the Aspec in canada is fixed to red?! Is that true? I thought we had 3 colors and for the Platinum Elite u get 27?

I have 27 colors in my A-Spec. The hardware will be the same so I can’t imagine software changing for Canadians?
Old 11-27-2020, 07:53 AM
06 G35 6MT

Originally Posted by ELIN
I have 27 colors in my A-Spec. The hardware will be the same so I can’t imagine software changing for Canadians?
I just did some snooping... Aspec is red only... I'm surprised theres not at least blue for comfort mode... Platinum Elite (Advanced) gets iconic so 27. That's such a silly feature to remove but I guess we do have remote start, heated steering wheel, power mirrors.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:58 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,613 Likes on 971 Posts

I saw this on Facebook. Definitely BMW wins here with that cool color. I did not know either about only one color in Red Spec. It's funny, our A-SPEC gets remote start and power folding mirror and not more colors ...smh Acura lol!
Old 11-27-2020, 08:11 AM
06 G35 6MT

Originally Posted by Tony Pac
I saw this on Facebook. Definitely BMW wins here with that cool color. I did not know either about only one color in Red Spec. It's funny, our A-SPEC gets remote start and power folding mirror and not more colors ...smh Acura lol!
Yea that was my post lol, I'm glad I did cuz wouldn't have found this out tho it doesnt matter cuz Type S should get Iconic but my head is really struggling to wait for 2nd year production to get the kinks out of first year.
The following users liked this post:
Tony Pac (11-27-2020)
Old 11-27-2020, 08:17 AM
Drifting

I just did some snooping... Aspec is red only... I'm surprised theres not at least blue for comfort mode... Platinum Elite (Advanced) gets iconic so 27. That's such a silly feature to remove but I guess we do have remote start, heated steering wheel, power mirrors.
I'm able to change to any color I want via the customizable Individual menu. Red is only available in Sport mode but that's why there are 4 drive modes: Normal, Comfort, Sport, Individual.
Old 11-27-2020, 08:26 AM
06 G35 6MT

I'm able to change to any color I want via the customizable Individual menu. Red is only available in Sport mode but that's why there are 4 drive modes: Normal, Comfort, Sport, Individual.
That's what I thought, are u in Canada with an Aspec?
Old 11-27-2020, 08:28 AM
Drifting

That's what I thought, are u in Canada with an Aspec?
No, USA. Functionality should be same in regards to software. I'm sure the Canadian User's Manual is on the internet somewhere.
Old 11-27-2020, 08:48 AM
06 G35 6MT

No, USA. Functionality should be same in regards to software. I'm sure the Canadian User's Manual is on the internet somewhere.
I looked it up at acura.ca... they really did limit it to red... pretty stupid but whatever.
Old 11-27-2020, 08:53 AM
Drifting

I looked it up at acura.ca... they really did limit it to red... pretty stupid but whatever.
Can you tell me the page number so I can find the equivalent in my US manual?
Old 11-27-2020, 08:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 543 Likes on 351 Posts
These responses are getting confusing because of no location and model. So to break it down:

USA A-Spec - red only or no?
Canada A-Spec - red only or no?
Old 11-27-2020, 09:32 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ESHBG
These responses are getting confusing because of no location and model. So to break it down:

USA A-Spec - red only or no?
Canada A-Spec - red only or no?
There's no confusion for US

USA A-Spec can change to any color via the Individual drive mode. I own the car and it's orange inside because I made it that way.
Tony Pac (11-27-2020)
Old 11-27-2020, 09:35 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,613 Likes on 971 Posts

USA A-Spec can change to any color via the Individual drive mode. I own the car and it's orange inside because I made it that way.
I think the key is individual mode. Someone in Canada can confirm this?
ELIN (11-27-2020)
Old 11-27-2020, 09:41 AM
Drifting

I think the key is individual mode. Someone in Canada can confirm this?
I believe the same. Something is being taken completely out of context from the manual. There's no way fellow Canadians lose all the other colors.
Old 11-27-2020, 11:42 AM
06 G35 6MT

I believe the same. Something is being taken completely out of context from the manual. There's no way fellow Canadians lose all the other colors.
Unfortunately for Canadian models, for the Aspec, it is Red only, and Advance ( Platinum Elite ) gets Iconic or 27 colors.

Old 11-27-2020, 11:46 AM
06 G35 6MT

Tho I still want a Canadian Aspec owner to confirm if u can change it to Blue via either Comfort mode or Individual.
Old 11-27-2020, 11:54 AM
Drifting

Unfortunately for Canadian models, for the Aspec, it is Red only, and Advance ( Platinum Elite ) gets Iconic or 27 colors.

Thanks for the confirmation! Looks like Canadians need to upgrade to Platinum Elite to get colorful.

On the bright side, Canadians get the heated steering wheel while we have to upgrade to the Advance for that!

Last edited by ELIN; 11-27-2020 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-27-2020, 01:20 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Yea that was my post lol, I'm glad I did cuz wouldn't have found this out tho it doesnt matter cuz Type S should get Iconic but my head is really struggling to wait for 2nd year production to get the kinks out of first year.
I was going to say I saw the same post on the FB group. I will say this, between the two TLX (1st and 2nd gen) groups, there's a lot of ignorant individuals that post a lot of garbage / BS. Given it happens in the enthusiast world more often now then ever. The entire enthusiast world has changed for the worse. Very few and in between conversations are held without becoming an ignorant child and making baseless statements or personally attacking each other.
Old 11-27-2020, 01:59 PM
06 G35 6MT

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
I was going to say I saw the same post on the FB group. I will say this, between the two TLX (1st and 2nd gen) groups, there's a lot of ignorant individuals that post a lot of garbage / BS. Given it happens in the enthusiast world more often now then ever. The entire enthusiast world has changed for the worse. Very few and in between conversations are held without becoming an ignorant child and making baseless statements or personally attacking each other.
Yea I use the groups and forums as a wikipedia, get input from ppl with experience and read up and ask about what I don't know, but some ppl for whatever reason just love to spew out info with no facts or try to make others look dumb so they could seem like they know more? I really don't understand what they get from it. 1 guy a few weeks ago in a totally different topic thread, just decided to claim "hahaha my accord is faster than the Type S now" wtf?!? Who asked? And where did you get the Type S to race? Oh you're a youtuber so we automatically have to believe u? How about you post some draggys of your 0-60 and 30-100 or 1/4? He's just like oh plenty of vids out there of Accords doing that... ok but you brought up Your accord... Wheres the draggy? And How did you race a Type S? I was bored so I spent an embarrassing amount of time calling him out.
vperkins2 (12-16-2020)
Old 11-27-2020, 02:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Am running that color now. Had Blue & Red for a while. Don't especially like the other colors or the split two tone white & color. That said the Porsche has a lot more choices.
Old 11-28-2020, 02:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 543 Likes on 351 Posts

There was confusion for those of us reading responses who couldn't tell the model and location with every response. But you helped to clear it up, thanks! Another odd move and I wish that Acura would keep all of their NA models consistent.
The following 2 users liked this post by ESHBG:
Carnage719 (11-28-2020), ELIN (11-28-2020)
Old 11-28-2020, 03:31 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ESHBG
There was confusion for those of us reading responses who couldn't tell the model and location with every response. But you helped to clear it up, thanks! Another odd move and I wish that Acura would keep all of their NA models consistent.
No problem! It's sad to know that with just a simple tweak of the software, the functionality of the car could satisfy a new market!
ESHBG (11-28-2020)
Old 11-28-2020, 06:33 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 845 Likes on 526 Posts
Damn was at the dealership servicing my rdx today and checked out a new TLX A-spec...but didn't didn't check out the ambient lighting.
Old 11-29-2020, 12:28 AM
Null and proud of it

Received 899 Likes on 789 Posts
Originally Posted by iforyou
Damn was at the dealership servicing my rdx today and checked out a new TLX A-spec...but didn't didn't check out the ambient lighting.
Whatcha think?
Old 11-29-2020, 01:00 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 845 Likes on 526 Posts
opps noticed my typo there, "but I didn't check out the ambient lighting" was what I was trying to say.

The TLX looks great in person, long, low, wide, quite a lot more presence than before. I quite like the rims in person ( wasn't too fond of them in photos).

I'm only 5'8 so sitting behind myself isn't an issue at all with plenty of knee room. I think people who are 5'10 should still be okay but any taller, it will be tight - especially headroom.

The interior is very similar to my RDX but it's noticeably improved. It's sort of like a version 2.0 of the RDX one. It just felt more premium and polished. The top of the dash with its leather (fake or not) looks and feels soft and premium, especially compared to the hard plastic in my RDX.

I didn't drive it though or had the chance to play with the infotainment system and other features. But the overall appearance and interior are impressive.

The pricing is quite close to the RDX so IMO, most people will probably get the RDX instead as it's noticeably bigger and more practical.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:54 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by iforyou
opps noticed my typo there, "but I didn't check out the ambient lighting" was what I was trying to say.

The TLX looks great in person, long, low, wide, quite a lot more presence than before. I quite like the rims in person ( wasn't too fond of them in photos).

I'm only 5'8 so sitting behind myself isn't an issue at all with plenty of knee room. I think people who are 5'10 should still be okay but any taller, it will be tight - especially headroom.

The interior is very similar to my RDX but it's noticeably improved. It's sort of like a version 2.0 of the RDX one. It just felt more premium and polished. The top of the dash with its leather (fake or not) looks and feels soft and premium, especially compared to the hard plastic in my RDX.

I didn't drive it though or had the chance to play with the infotainment system and other features. But the overall appearance and interior are impressive.

The pricing is quite close to the RDX so IMO, most people will probably get the RDX instead as it's noticeably bigger and more practical.
For a minute, I did consider the RDX for the size and utility. I was giving up an MDX due to lifestyle change so I went all in with the TLX. Luckily my garage is fairly large as the increased TLX length could be an issue for smaller garages.

Thanks for your comments on the interior. I personally think it’s comparable to what you can get compared to the German makes, which tend to be “austere and clean”.
Old 12-05-2020, 02:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts
Had a 2014-MDX for 6 years (good SUV). I don't mind me some tech.

We kept the AcuraLink subscription active for all 6 years (at Connect level) ... slightly begrudgingly due to the yearly cost but whatever.
I did this because I wanted to be able to use the iPhone AcuraLink app ... mainly for
- Status Report (door locked status, fuel level)
- Being able to lock/unload doors.
There was no way to do that for free with the included (for 3-5 years IIRC) AcuraLink Standard subscription.

When Acura changed their NAV head-unit in 2019/2020 there is a new AcuraLink platform. It would be interesting to know if the situation is still the same with basic features (status and locking).

On recent Audis, their similar myAudi Connect system, the Connect-Care level (that does all the above and more) is free for 10 years.

Last edited by Tesla1856; 12-05-2020 at 02:30 PM. Reason: typo , Prime is not Care
Old 12-05-2020, 02:27 PM
Drifting

On recent Audis, their similar myAudi Connect system, the Connect-Prime level (that does all the above and more) is free for 10 years.
Can you please explain this:

https://www.audiusa.com/us/web/en/in...i-connect.html

"A complimentary six-month subscription to Audi connect® PRIME and PLUS with your new Audi purchase allows you to experience how these array of features offers an elevated level of connectivity and infotainment. After the free trial period expires, you can choose to subscribe to a package or packages that suit you."

I'm reading 6-months free for the premium level services, which tracks with other folks.
Old 12-05-2020, 02:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts
Can you please explain this:

https://www.audiusa.com/us/web/en/in...i-connect.html

"A complimentary six-month subscription to Audi connect® PRIME and PLUS with your new Audi purchase allows you to experience how these array of features offers an elevated level of connectivity and infotainment. After the free trial period expires, you can choose to subscribe to a package or packages that suit you."

I'm reading 6-months free for the premium level services, which tracks with other folks.
Well, first of all, I mistakenly typed PRIME, when I meant to sat CARE.

Connect CARE is free for 10 years. (Notice all the included features).
If you purchase a vehicle with Audi MMI on-board NAV, it includes 6-month trial to Connect-Prime. With all that is already included in CARE, this mainly overlays many nice things on your Maps. They also include 6-month trial to Connect-Plus.

ELIN (12-05-2020)
Old 12-05-2020, 02:46 PM
Drifting

Well, first of all, I mistakenly typed PRIME, when I meant to sat CARE.

Connect CARE is free for 10 years. (Notice all the included features).
If you purchase a vehicle with Audi MMI on-board NAV, it includes 6-month trial to Connect-Prime. With all that is already included in CARE, this mainly overlays many nice things on your Maps. They also include 6-month trial to Connect-Plus.
CARE is pretty good already for 10 years. I would never pay for the additional ones.
Tesla1856 (12-05-2020)