2022 Acura TLX Advance/Elite questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2022, 12:46 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2022 Acura TLX Advance/Elite questions

I have a 2022 TLX on order and am wondering if I could hear from other owners regarding their experience with the vehicle.
Does the 2022 TLX Advance model have auto dimming side mirrors? There seems to be discrepancy on this item. Acura Canada does not include it within the features list yet I have seen this posted on some Dealer sites and reviewed on you tube.
Also has anyone had success recently obtaining the spare tire kit 06421-TGZ-A00 and if so from where?
I am considering for winter the 18 inch rim and either the 235 50 18 or 225 55 18 winter tire.
Can any aftermarket tire pressure monitor be used for the winters? Has anyone had success with a brand and can they provide the part numbers?

Last edited by Kiwi2000; 11-15-2022 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-16-2022, 06:43 AM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Hi, I have a 2021 TLX Advance; it does have auto dimming side mirrors. I live in the Southern part of the US, so I cannot answer winter tire questions.
Old 11-16-2022, 10:50 AM
Advanced

Hi thanks for the reply. is that an option you have to select or is it always on like the rear view? Have you investigated the spare tire kit at all?
Any tips or settings that should be on or off? What did you do with the dealer how much time did they spend running through the features of the vehicle?
Did they hook up your phone, what else?

Last edited by Kiwi2000; 11-16-2022 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-16-2022, 03:37 PM
Pro

Received 509 Likes on 248 Posts
Originally Posted by Kiwi2000
I have a 2022 TLX on order and am wondering if I could hear from other owners regarding their experience with the vehicle.
Does the 2022 TLX Advance model have auto dimming side mirrors? There seems to be discrepancy on this item. Acura Canada does not include it within the features list yet I have seen this posted on some Dealer sites and reviewed on you tube.
Also has anyone had success recently obtaining the spare tire kit 06421-TGZ-A00 and if so from where?
I am considering for winter the 18 inch rim and either the 235 50 18 or 225 55 18 winter tire.
Can any aftermarket tire pressure monitor be used for the winters? Has anyone had success with a brand and can they provide the part numbers?
My winter tires have aftermarket TPMS sensors but I don't know what brand it is. They've worked perfectly though with both the car and the AcuraLink app.
Old 11-17-2022, 10:12 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by bilirubin
My winter tires have aftermarket TPMS sensors but I don't know what brand it is. They've worked perfectly though with both the car and the AcuraLink app.
What size tire and rim did you go with for your winters? Where did you get them? Did the TPMS sensors come with or did you purchase seperatly if so from where?
I would appreciate if you could locate the info on the sensors.
Old 11-17-2022, 12:02 PM
Pro

What size tire and rim did you go with for your winters? Where did you get them? Did the TPMS sensors come with or did you purchase seperatly if so from where?
I would appreciate if you could locate the info on the sensors.
I went with the Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3XL, Macpek 20" Super Tourer wheel
the installer had their own TPMS sensors as an option - on the invoice it says "MX002R MAX-Sensor - GEN-2 Max TPMS"

The following 2 users liked this post by bilirubin:
Flapjackura (02-16-2023), silverTL6 (02-06-2023)
Old 11-19-2022, 04:52 PM
Advanced

Nice pics!
What size winters did you go with?
Have you investigated the spare tire kit at all and if so where did you obtain it?
Any tips or settings that should be on or off in the vehicle? What did you do with the dealer how much time did they spend with you running through the features of the vehicle?
Old 11-20-2022, 06:18 AM
Pro

Nice pics!
What size winters did you go with?
Have you investigated the spare tire kit at all and if so where did you obtain it?
Any tips or settings that should be on or off in the vehicle? What did you do with the dealer how much time did they spend with you running through the features of the vehicle?
Thanks!
They're 20X9. I considered 19's but I didn't want to take any chances not clearing the brake calipers. Plus I've always wanted "dubs" since listening to that Master P song in high school.
I didn't end up getting the spare kit. I had talked about it with the dealer, but at the time (just over a year ago) there was uncertainty about what is and isn't included in the kit and how well it would fit in the trunk compartment.
In terms of what to add to the car, it's really up to individual preferences. The Type S in Canada comes quite well equipped as standard but I added a few things. They spent about an hour with me going through the car on delivery. They also hooked me up with some pretty good merch too.
Probably the biggest addition wasn't thru the dealer but rather a 3rd party: full-body PPF plus ceramic coating and rust-proofing. The dealer had similar services but it was much much more expensive. I went 3rd party as the PPF came with a 10-year warranty, the ceramic coating a 4 year warranty, and the rust-proofing a lifetime warranty.
Perhaps you should DM me if you have specific questions though.

Old 11-27-2022, 08:45 AM
Advanced

Just wondering about mud flaps. My car is coming with front mud flaps but not the rears.
Has anyone installed rear mud flaps and if so can you provide the part number?
Old 12-12-2022, 12:48 PM
Advanced

I just watched a you tube comparing the TLX to the new Accord Sport. The Accord does have an actual touch screen, a larger trunk and back seat, a spare tire, wireless Android auto and is quicker than the TLX to 60mph. It actually beat out the TLX using a points comparison.
I am still anxiously awaiting delivery of my TLX but am now getting cold feet.
Touch screen I dont know if it is OK or not as I only got to try the demo model for a few minutes
A larger trunk would be great
A spare tire? It is very difficult to locate the spare tire kit and it is very important to me.
Wireless Android auto would be nice.
Quicker is always better.
It would be a long wait if I change and ordered the Accord now. I love the reliability of my Acura which is why in this crazy market I decided to go for another one but Honda is Acura so reliability would most probably be about the same.
I could save a few bucks in the process. A very tough decision.

Old 12-12-2022, 03:10 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Also, I think the Accord Sport 2.0T is going to be tough to find new, depending on where you are. I owned one when it first came out back in 2018, had it for a 3-year lease and turned it in early for my 2020 MDX ASpec. The Accord is a great car with a frustratingly wide turning radius. That's not a big deal until you need to u-turn or navigate a challenging parking lot/narrow street. It's definitely quicker than the TLX in a straight line, on dry pavement. If you're going with a TLX with SH-AWD, the TLX is the better driver's choice regardless, especially in winter weather.
The following users liked this post:
MarcoTLX (12-12-2022)
Old 12-12-2022, 04:55 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,441 Likes on 1,888 Posts
Originally Posted by Dymondawg
Also, I think the Accord Sport 2.0T is going to be tough to find new, depending on where you are. I owned one when it first came out back in 2018, had it for a 3-year lease and turned it in early for my 2020 MDX ASpec. The Accord is a great car with a frustratingly wide turning radius. That's not a big deal until you need to u-turn or navigate a challenging parking lot/narrow street. It's definitely quicker than the TLX in a straight line, on dry pavement. If you're going with a TLX with SH-AWD, the TLX is the better driver's choice regardless, especially in winter weather.
According to the specs, the Accord Sport 2.0T actually has a smaller turning radius than the TLX: 19.8' vs 20.1'.
Old 12-13-2022, 07:46 AM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Ah, that's interesting. So you're saying both would be frustrating to me. Got it. Not that it really matters, but fwiw, the MDX is 19.4'.
Old 12-13-2022, 07:54 AM
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
I just watched a you tube comparing the TLX to the new Accord Sport. The Accord does have an actual touch screen, a larger trunk and back seat, a spare tire, wireless Android auto and is quicker than the TLX to 60mph. It actually beat out the TLX using a points comparison.
I am still anxiously awaiting delivery of my TLX but am now getting cold feet.
Touch screen I dont know if it is OK or not as I only got to try the demo model for a few minutes
A larger trunk would be great
A spare tire? It is very difficult to locate the spare tire kit and it is very important to me.
Wireless Android auto would be nice.
Quicker is always better.
It would be a long wait if I change and ordered the Accord now. I love the reliability of my Acura which is why in this crazy market I decided to go for another one but Honda is Acura so reliability would most probably be about the same.
I could save a few bucks in the process. A very tough decision.
The "new" Accord Sport that is being changed over for 2023 to no longer include the 2.0T?
Old 12-13-2022, 11:01 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by jwtarbaj
The "new" Accord Sport that is being changed over for 2023 to no longer include the 2.0T?
correct, the most powerful Accord is a 2.0L natural aspirated hybrid with just over 200 hp. The 2.0T is only available on Acura models.
Old 12-13-2022, 11:44 AM
Safety Car

Received 3,441 Likes on 1,888 Posts
correct, the most powerful Accord is a 2.0L natural aspirated hybrid with just over 200 hp. The 2.0T is only available on Acura models.
Somebody made a monkey's paw wish for the MMC TLX to be faster than the Accord...
bilirubin (12-13-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 01:38 PM
Advanced

The You Tube I was referring to compared 2021 models. My Acura on order is a 2022 model and the Accord did offer the 2.0T for 2022 as well.
But thanks for pointing out that I would be out of luck trying for a 2023 model Accord with the Turbo option.
Old 01-22-2023, 09:26 AM
Advanced

Well my 2022 model finally arrived in January 2023. The 2023 RDX's are out and I found out the 2022 RDX has wireless apple car play which this car does not. Is it wise to pay new car pricing for what is essentially now a year old car with year old tech?
No discounts or free stuff were offered from the dealer as these vehicles are rare around these parts. A 2 year old TLX can be had for about half the cost of this vehicle. A new 2023 4wd Camry including a 7 year extended warranty, a spare tire and a set of winter tires and rims comes in at 10 grand less.
It looks as though the TLX spare tire kit has been discontinued as the last sale of the kit from a dealer I was in contact with was last February. After all that waiting I think I will continue to wait, but for what?
kareshi (02-01-2023)
Old 01-22-2023, 11:07 AM
Drifting

Received 709 Likes on 378 Posts
Well my 2022 model finally arrived in January 2023. The 2023 RDX's are out and I found out the 2022 RDX has wireless apple car play which this car does not. Is it wise to pay new car pricing for what is essentially now a year old car with year old tech?
No discounts or free stuff were offered from the dealer as these vehicles are rare around these parts. A 2 year old TLX can be had for about half the cost of this vehicle. A new 2023 4wd Camry including a 7 year extended warranty, a spare tire and a set of winter tires and rims comes in at 10 grand less.
It looks as though the TLX spare tire kit has been discontinued as the last sale of the kit from a dealer I was in contact with was last February. After all that waiting I think I will continue to wait, but for what?
Lol, you lost me at Camry.
The following 4 users liked this post by GhostTL09:
a35tl (01-28-2023), Flapjackura (01-23-2023), MarcoTLX (01-23-2023), Tony Pac (01-23-2023)
Old 01-23-2023, 11:15 AM
Racer

Received 226 Likes on 126 Posts
Drove a current generation Camry loaner last year. All kidding aside, it's a car for for people who are not only not car enthusiasts, but also not even passionate enough about cars in general to discuss them on forums. It's a very solid, reliable, and very characterless appliance. For basic transportation that can be put out of the owners mind almost completely while parked, and mostly out of their mind even while driving it, the Camry is just....fine. And that's about all.
Old 01-23-2023, 04:01 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Flapjackura
Drove a current generation Camry loaner last year. All kidding aside, it's a car for for people who are not only not car enthusiasts, but also not even passionate enough about cars in general to discuss them on forums. It's a very solid, reliable, and very characterless appliance. For basic transportation that can be put out of the owners mind almost completely while parked, and mostly out of their mind even while driving it, the Camry is just....fine. And that's about all.
I agree. But, with the addition of a set of winter tires and rims, cold weather package, mats and full comprehensive warranty until 2020 along with a spare tire all for at least 10 grand less than the starting price of the TLX that appliance is starting to look pretty good. The price gap only widens when you add those items to the TLX to even them out.
I just found out that the 2023 TLX now includes 2 years of concierge and scheduled maintenance along with 3 years of Acura link service. Good thing I didn't sign for the 2022 just yet.
Flapjackura (01-24-2023)
Old 01-24-2023, 12:24 PM
Racer

Received 226 Likes on 126 Posts
I agree. But, with the addition of a set of winter tires and rims, cold weather package, mats and full comprehensive warranty until 2020 along with a spare tire all for at least 10 grand less than the starting price of the TLX that appliance is starting to look pretty good. The price gap only widens when you add those items to the TLX to even them out.
I just found out that the 2023 TLX now includes 2 years of concierge and scheduled maintenance along with 3 years of Acura link service. Good thing I didn't sign for the 2022 just yet.
Plus, and yes, I know, opinions on looks are subjective, but an XSE trim, V6 Camry with a blue or red exterior and blacked out roof is actually a fine lookin' 'fridge...
silverTL6 (02-06-2023)
Old 02-01-2023, 09:36 PM
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts
so is it true that the newer TLX in Canada also has auto dimming side mirror?
Old 02-05-2023, 05:03 PM
Advanced

A week into my new ride and getting 16 MPG!
Please tell me this number will improve when it is broken in?
That is half of what my ILX got on average.
What are other owners getting and id those numbers improve over time?
I am in normal mode and drive obeying all speed limits.
Old 02-05-2023, 05:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 388 Likes on 227 Posts
A week into my new ride and getting 16 MPG!
Please tell me this number will improve when it is broken in?
That is half of what my ILX got on average.
What are other owners getting and id those numbers improve over time?
I am in normal mode and drive obeying all speed limits.
Every acura I have had (including 2 TLXs) the mpg went up 1 to 2 miles per gallon after the first 10k miles or so. Acura has never been great on fuel consumption but 16 is pathetic.
Old 02-06-2023, 07:47 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jhb31
Every acura I have had (including 2 TLXs) the mpg went up 1 to 2 miles per gallon after the first 10k miles or so. Acura has never been great on fuel consumption but 16 is pathetic.
Yes I must agree. Within the first couple of days I had to visit the dealer who did a software update? Maybe they should do it again. I will relay my concern and see what they come back with.
Old 02-06-2023, 12:15 PM
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 21 Posts
If you are driving with a lead foot around the city, 16 mpg is about right. Mixed hwy on comfort will prop it up to 19mpg if you are easy on the throttle. But I've gotten 30mpg on a road trip in comfort on cruise. It all depends on your drive and driving habits. Did you really think that a heavy V6 turbo TLX would get close to a light weight 4 cylinder ILX in terms of gas efficiency?
Old 02-06-2023, 02:28 PM
Pro

Received 434 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by wizardjjr
If you are driving with a lead foot around the city, 16 mpg is about right. Mixed hwy on comfort will prop it up to 19mpg if you are easy on the throttle. But I've gotten 30mpg on a road trip in comfort on cruise. It all depends on your drive and driving habits. Did you really think that a heavy V6 turbo TLX would get close to a light weight 4 cylinder ILX in terms of gas efficiency?
Considering the title of the thread being Advanced/Elite trim and did not post in the Type S MPG thread, it’s highly likely that he was referring to the 4 cyl which is rated 3mpg less than an ILX.
Old 02-06-2023, 03:53 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by wizardjjr
No lead foot and set to normal. No V6. Very disappointed as it should be rated right around what the other poster said at just a couple MPG's less than my ILX.
Old 04-07-2023, 05:21 PM
Advanced

I am wondering if any members are using a "dongle" to get Android auto wirelessly?
I have read on these forums of a couple of brands for these devices and am leaning towards the Motorola.
Does anyone have experience with these in the vehicle? Does it work well, a good addition or is it just another problem to play around with?
Old 04-08-2023, 10:18 AM
Drifting

Received 1,272 Likes on 926 Posts
Kiwki2000, other than the well-documented low mpg, how are you liking your TLX so far?
Old 04-08-2023, 11:57 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ELIN
Kiwki2000, other than the well-documented low mpg, how are you liking your TLX so far?
The mileage is now up to 20mpg average maybe there is still more room for improvement?
Corded Android auto is a pain as is the button to press every time the car is stopped to disengage the auto stop function. I understand that this function can be programmed out by using the user memory feature but I have yet to read up on how to do it for both drivers.
Now the phone is telling me, " unable to start voice session, this is not an IOS device"? so that I will have to un install the phone and try again prior to taking it back for service. I had an episode where just about every idiot light came on requiring a trip to service.
Nice car, a true upgrade over the ILX. Pretty finicky so far though, hope to get the kinks ironed out and can just enjoy the daily drive.

I am interested in the wireless dongle to be able to use all of the phones features more easily. I hope someone will respond with a review.
Old 04-08-2023, 12:23 PM
Drifting

The mileage is now up to 20mpg average maybe there is still more room for improvement?
Corded Android auto is a pain as is the button to press every time the car is stopped to disengage the auto stop function. I understand that this function can be programmed out by using the user memory feature but I have yet to read up on how to do it for both drivers.
Now the phone is telling me, " unable to start voice session, this is not an IOS device"? so that I will have to un install the phone and try again prior to taking it back for service. I had an episode where just about every idiot light came on requiring a trip to service.
Nice car, a true upgrade over the ILX. Pretty finicky so far though, hope to get the kinks ironed out and can just enjoy the daily drive.

I am interested in the wireless dongle to be able to use all of the phones features more easily. I hope someone will respond with a review.
It's possible to program the engine ASS (auto start/stop) "OFF" but it requires saving to an individual setting and you still press a button (the Acura button) to enable your individual setting every time you start the car. You can't get away from not pressing a button.

I had a huge dislike of the infotainment and am very glad I'm not dealing with that anymore. I hope you are able to get that wireless AA working for you eventually. Folks are speculating wireless CP/AA may come in the '24 TLX MMC refresh just as it did for the RDX.
Old 04-08-2023, 05:48 PM
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 73 Posts

I have the message "not an IOS device" also and what I do is just hit the back button on the touchpad and then try calling again. It seems to work for me every time.
Yes, you have to program it in the individual setting and hit the "A" button every time you start the car. I just hit the start button and then the "A" button, takes 2 seconds and you will get use to doing it.
I don't use Android app on the car as I find the installed maps give me the same routes most of the time.
Old 04-09-2023, 07:33 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by frainc
I have the message "not an IOS device" also and what I do is just hit the back button on the touchpad and then try calling again. It seems to work for me every time.
Yes, you have to program it in the individual setting and hit the "A" button every time you start the car. I just hit the start button and then the "A" button, takes 2 seconds and you will get use to doing it.
I don't use Android app on the car as I find the installed maps give me the same routes most of the time.
Thanks for the reply. Do you hit the back button every time you try to make a call or does this only occur once in a blue moon?
I am no expert but I think you are loosing out on many features by not enabling the Android Auto app. I will get the Motorola dongle and try it out. There was another dongle brand that was popular for a bit but then people were saying that they had to unplug it every time they turned off the car or it drained the battery.
I hope the Motorola device does not do that.
Old 04-09-2023, 10:35 AM
Racer

Thanks for the reply. Do you hit the back button every time you try to make a call or does this only occur once in a blue moon?
I am no expert but I think you are loosing out on many features by not enabling the Android Auto app. I will get the Motorola dongle and try it out. There was another dongle brand that was popular for a bit but then people were saying that they had to unplug it every time they turned off the car or it drained the battery.
I hope the Motorola device does not do that.
It doesn't happen often but I find the back button works every time. I really don't miss not enabling the Android Auto app due to the fact that I use the car's navigation maps and use Bluetooth connected to my phone.
Old 04-09-2023, 12:48 PM
Drifting

It doesn't happen often but I find the back button works every time. I really don't miss not enabling the Android Auto app due to the fact that I use the car's navigation maps and use Bluetooth connected to my phone.
Not everyone is as "understanding" as you. Based on how you use your car, a car from 10 years ago would work just as well!

If I pay for a modern car, I expect to be able to use the modern tech when needed.
Old 04-09-2023, 07:19 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ELIN
Not everyone is as "understanding" as you. Based on how you use your car, a car from 10 years ago would work just as well!

If I pay for a modern car, I expect to be able to use the modern tech when needed.
lmao, here I am trying to be helpful, and now you tell me how I use my car, lol. I do use all the tech and don't have a problem with it, I just don't need to use the Android Auto app. Any other helpful points you want to make. And you also don't know how I use my car.
Old 05-02-2023, 02:40 PM
Advanced

Hi,

I was just to the dealer and they said the reason that message appears is because I press and hold the button too long. I tried to just press quickly not press and hold and I have not seen that message since. So all good.
I am hoping also that all will be good when I install the spare tire kit 06421-TGV-A01 and this it all fits nicely under the trunk floor. I will report on whether it works or does not work.I also purchased the TPMS for the winter tires I don't have as of yet. 42753-T3R-A04
Old 05-02-2023, 06:33 PM
mvl
Pro

Received 235 Likes on 160 Posts
AAwireless works fine on the TLX as an Android Auto dongle. I used it for a week on a loaner TLX Aspec (probably a 2021).

Quick Reply: 2022 Acura TLX Advance/Elite questions