2018 A-Spec Wheel Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 02:52 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Question 2018 A-Spec Wheel Spacers

Hi Guys,

Has anyone used some high quality wheel spacers on the 18 A-Specs yet and if so which did you go with exactly?
Id like to push my wheels out to the fender lips but not sure that is to much for the stock lugs?
I wanted to lower my TLX but I want the stock ride so I will do the spacers to get a slight lowering look hopefully.

Can you guys share what MM, brand, part number etc as well as a pic maybe?
Old 09-28-2017, 10:26 AM
Registered speed offender

Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Temp_A-Spec
Hi Guys,

Has anyone used some high quality wheel spacers on the 18 A-Specs yet and if so which did you go with exactly?
Id like to push my wheels out to the fender lips but not sure that is to much for the stock lugs?
I wanted to lower my TLX but I want the stock ride so I will do the spacers to get a slight lowering look hopefully.

Can you guys share what MM, brand, part number etc as well as a pic maybe?
truthfully, going with a mild spring drop such as Eibach or maybe RSR...I highly doubt you would feel much difference than stock. its only about 1" lower. the number one question people ask after someone lowers their car on these forums is "how is it compared to stock"...well...its not stock...so don't compare them. A lowered car feels like a lowered car, but at a very subtle 1"...you aren't going to feel much difference, if any at all. ive had coil overs, and mild spring drops and ive never been disappointed that I felt I made a mistake. ive never felt ride quality change to a point where I felt like I was sacrificing comfort for looks, and I have ruptured disks and nerve damage in my lower lumbar. good luck on your choice! sorry I couldn't be more helpful on the spacer part. do what makes you happy, and youll never regret you did it. if you want the lowered look..lower your car, and own the decision. its only a few bolts away back to stock.

edit: adding wheel spacers will likely not give the illusion of being lower than stock. in fact, it may show the fender gap even worse due to the tire being outward closer to it.