remote control Low battery?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 10:55 AM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
remote control Low battery?

Weird problem this morning. I normally remote start my car like a minute or two before I start heading out to my car from my house. This morning, I pressed the lock button, nothing on the remote indicating the car is lock. I came out to the car, pressed unlock/lock, still nothing. I can't open the door, or press the button on the door handle to unlock the car. I used the remote and pushed the button on the door. It beep once but door still locked. I tried again, and the third time the car unlocked. Once I'm inside the car, the remote control worked normal again. Car started without any issue. No indication on the dash board that my remote control battery is low. The remote control battery was changed roughly 6 months ago. Is this a glitch or the battery is going bad without any indication? I just changed out the battery again just for the heck of it. This is my 2nd battery change within a year of getting the remote starter control.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:08 AM
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 87 Posts
In our remotes, the "LOCK" and "Engine start" buttons use bi-directional low frequency signals (longer range) powered by a separate rechargeable battery within the remote. That battery is recharged from the remote's replaceable battery.

So it could either be interference, or the fact that you always remotely start the car uses a lot of power.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:52 AM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by TSXV6Guy
In our remotes, the "LOCK" and "Engine start" buttons use bi-directional low frequency signals (longer range) powered by a separate rechargeable battery within the remote. That battery is recharged from the remote's replaceable battery.

So it could either be interference, or the fact that you always remotely start the car uses a lot of power.
Thanks TSXV6GUY. The last time my remote battery was low, my dashboard would indicate the low battery but I was able to use the remote. This wasn't the case though. But once I used the remote and push the lock/unlock button on my door handle, everything working normal again. I just hope it just a glitch somewhere =\
Old 10-07-2018, 01:32 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have had with both my 2015 and new 2019 the remote will not let me open the door with my hand for no reason depending on how it was in my pocket along with spare iPhone battery and other items.

Movig it’s position helped.

The remotes can can be finicky.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:14 AM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I just replaced my remote on the main key (one with the remote starter). Got the low battery message on the dash. Seems to be fine now, easy DIY project after watching a YouTube video. I have also noticed that if the key is in the same pocket as my iPhone, the keyless door open and lock will not work. Seems like the phone signal interferes with the remote.