Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 09:18 PM
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Forward Collision Warning

Hmmm... Name:  IMG_6779_zps6514cc95.jpg
Views: 1797
Size:  51.1 KB

We're not even 48 hours in. Not looking forward to seeing the dealer so soon. Anybody had this yet? My TSX was doing this with regards to the TPMS sensors, and it turned out to be the car charger I was using. I hope this isn't the same deal!
Old 12-20-2014, 09:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 400 Likes on 282 Posts
4,500km and I have not seen this message. Did it happen just after starting the car, while driving, and did it go away or come back after turning the car off and on?
Old 12-20-2014, 10:03 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Quandry
4,500km and I have not seen this message. Did it happen just after starting the car, while driving, and did it go away or come back after turning the car off and on?
I was getting on the highway, and I drove straight home. Restarted the car, and it had turned off. Will definitely be monitoring and trying to re-create the scenario to see what happens.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by crownr0yal
I was getting on the highway, and I drove straight home. Restarted the car, and it had turned off. Will definitely be monitoring and trying to re-create the scenario to see what happens.
I haven't seen this particular error message. I am now at 5,250 miles. After two weeks of having the car, I did get error messages for the Emission System and Electronic brake. After they replaced the fuel filler assembly the error messages never came back. Hopefully in your case it is a faulty sensor or something else that is causing it that can be easily fixed. Best to take it in.

Nice colors. I got the default blue.

Last edited by tlxsteve; 12-21-2014 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Noticed nice colors
The following users liked this post:
crownr0yal (12-22-2014)
Old 12-21-2014, 08:20 AM
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts
Hmmm...

We're not even 48 hours in. Not looking forward to seeing the dealer so soon. Anybody had this yet? My TSX was doing this with regards to the TPMS sensors, and it turned out to be the car charger I was using. I hope this isn't the same deal!
What did the Voice system tell you? Did you also have a dashboard warning light (two cars colliding with a star between)?

In the manual, a number of reasons are given for a possible shutdown:
■ Automatic shutoff
FCW with Pedestrian Detection may automatically shut itself off and the FCW with
Pedestrian Detection indicator comes and stays on when:
• The temperature inside the system is high.
• You drive off-road or on a mountain road, or curved and winding road for an
extended period.
• An abnormal tire condition is detected (wrong tire size, flat tire, etc.).
• The camera behind the rearview mirror, or the area around the camera, including
the windshield, gets dirty.
Once the conditions that caused FCW with Pedestrian Detection to shut off improve
or are addressed (e.g., cleaning), the system comes back on.
The following 2 users liked this post by jim256:
crownr0yal (12-22-2014), Warrior 6 (01-24-2015)
Old 12-22-2014, 12:11 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by tlxsteve
I haven't seen this particular error message. I am now at 5,250 miles. After two weeks of having the car, I did get error messages for the Emission System and Electronic brake. After they replaced the fuel filler assembly the error messages never came back. Hopefully in your case it is a faulty sensor or something else that is causing it that can be easily fixed. Best to take it in.

Nice colors. I got the default blue.
Definitely going to take it in after Christmas. And thanks! My TLX is BCP so I figured it went with the car LOL.
Old 12-22-2014, 12:17 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jim256
What did the Voice system tell you? Did you also have a dashboard warning light (two cars colliding with a star between)?
It read the error message to me. I don't recall whether the warning light was on. I just kind of freaked out because of my previous experience with my TSX. Also, none of those conditions were met, but very interesting to know those situations can cause an error. Thanks!
Old 12-26-2014, 10:31 PM
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Ditto!

I had this happen to my 2.4L 8DCT at around 1000 miles in the middle of September and I called dealership immediately when it happened. The service advisor told me it could be at toll tag interfering with the system's camera and I should move it and let him know if it reoccurs. Well, I did not move it from under the camera and it has NOT happened again to this date (3500 miles on odometer)
Old 12-26-2014, 11:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jik1001
I had this happen to my 2.4L 8DCT at around 1000 miles in the middle of September and I called dealership immediately when it happened. The service advisor told me it could be at toll tag interfering with the system's camera and I should move it and let him know if it reoccurs. Well, I did not move it from under the camera and it has NOT happened again to this date (3500 miles on odometer)
Guess I better move my toll pass as well. After 5,600 miles I have had no issues. Where did you move it from and to?
Old 12-26-2014, 11:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,414 Posts
Guess I better move my toll pass as well. After 5,600 miles I have had no issues. Where did you move it from and to?
I placed my on the moonroof and it's worked well with SUNPASS
Old 12-27-2014, 10:00 AM
Burning Brakes

Haha. Never thought of that. Can you still close the sunshade? I have Sunpass as well. I got rid of version 1.0 with the battery and just have the candy bar type. Thanks for the tip!
Old 12-27-2014, 09:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,414 Posts
Haha. Never thought of that. Can you still close the sunshade? I have Sunpass as well. I got rid of version 1.0 with the battery and just have the candy bar type. Thanks for the tip!
I have a thinner one that has no battery, I got it about a year or so ago. The shade closes without a hitch!
tlxsteve (12-27-2014)
Old 12-29-2014, 12:21 AM
Instructor

WELP, took it to the dealer Friday, diagnostic (or whatever) came back inconclusive (no stored code), but it happened again today. I really don't feel like driving back to the dealer where I got it from, but I figure it's better for the paper trail and consistency. Making an appointment for Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm going to try to reproduce it before then.

I still love my TLX.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:24 PM
Burning Brakes

WELP, took it to the dealer Friday, diagnostic (or whatever) came back inconclusive (no stored code), but it happened again today. I really don't feel like driving back to the dealer where I got it from, but I figure it's better for the paper trail and consistency. Making an appointment for Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm going to try to reproduce it before then.

I still love my TLX.
Best of luck.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:46 PM
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by jik1001

I never did move the toll tag...I was waiting to see if it happened again but it has NOT so far so it remains on the front windshield directly below the front facing camera.
Old 12-31-2014, 07:07 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
I placed my on the moonroof and it's worked well with SUNPASS
Wow this is a great idea.... I have a TxTag and after looking at the SunPass web site I think they are pretty much the same thing. It is basically a sticker and it has a tiny chip in the middle. Like a large grain of salt. I had this on my windshield with no problems until I tinted the windshield and I put a new tag on the tint. I thought it might be a problem but it seemed to bill me anyway. Until I tried to go through an exit that did not have camera support. It would not read the tag. I had to dig out some change in the car.

https://www.txtag.org/en/about/basics_howitworks.shtml

The TxTag system can also bill you by your licence plate even if your tag does not work. So it may appear to work but the RF method is not really working. I wonder now if mounting it inside the sunroof allows the antennas to get an RF return. Do you know for sure if the Tag works via RF while on the Sunroof? If so that seems like it would solve a lot of problems. TxTag does not have an external transponder.

Thanks
Old 01-02-2015, 03:27 PM
Instructor

CoCo has been at the Dr. since Tuesday. Got a call from the service advisor today. They performed a dynamic guideline adjustment on the camera, and when they tested it, they still got the error message. They've ordered a new camera and assembly and are going to call me with an update on Monday. I guess it's me and this V6 for the weekend.
tlxsteve (01-03-2015)
Old 01-05-2015, 05:13 PM
Instructor

Apparently, it took them 10 minutes to install the camera, but ALL DAY to get it calibrated. They had to do the static adjustment and the dynamic adjustment and now they've still got to test it. Service Advisor says I should have her back by this time tomorrow. Wish they could drop it off and pick up the loaner!
tlxsteve (01-05-2015)
Old 01-22-2015, 02:30 PM
Instructor

Le sigh. Back to the dealer we go.
Name:  FullSizeRender_zpsi6rwtbri.jpg
Views: 1659
Size:  63.4 KB
Old 01-27-2015, 03:48 PM
Instructor

Question for the board. Need some advice! Dealer has given me two options. Both involve turning FCW/LKAS and all that stuff OFF and driving around without that feature to see if the message pops up. Either they can do that or I can do that. Do I A. leave my car with them and let them figure it out, or take the car back and B. drive it around myself? Service manager says he thinks it's a problem that's going to take putting some miles on the car to figure it out. As much as I want to have my car back, I'd almost rather it be in their hands if/when something else goes wrong. Any opinions?
Old 01-27-2015, 03:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ This is just me but I dislike leaving my car with the dealer and have them put the miles on my cars. It enhances the chance of them having a mishap with it....if I have no choice, that is different but otherwise, I'd rather do the self diagnosing.
tlxsteve (01-27-2015)
Old 01-27-2015, 07:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Follow the advise from the dealer and drive it yourself for a week or two. If the problem does not come up, turn all the stuff back on drive for another week or two and hopefully it will have gone away or become more consistent. It is likely caused by a poor connection or short in a wiring loom harness, and this is very hard to diagnose if the problem is not consistent.

Like Weather said, I would not want to leave me car for some unknown driver to put lots of mileage on it. Who knows how they drive or any other issues. Tough position to be in.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:23 PM
Burning Brakes

I concur. I would rather have the joy of driving my car.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:40 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Ditto on the comments from Weather and Quandry. The technicians can't spend the time in your car that you can to duplicate the problem. They can provide you the troubleshooting steps to narrow in on the issue.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:09 AM
Instructor

Left it with them for a week, nothing. Got it back, it came on 3 times. I took pictures of EVERYTHING. The warning, where I was, kept notes of exactly what I was doing when it came on. It's back at the dealer. Acura sent a district field rep out to look at it.

On the upside, I'm in a '15 RLX Tech since I'll be without my car for my birthday and the service manager is a great guy.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:50 PM
a77
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts
My forward collision warning went off for the first time in ages today - as usual it was detecting an oncoming bridge......no where near any cars.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

How fast were you going?

Near my home there is a bridge archway on a 4 lane 60 kph road. Train tracks overhead with 3-4' sidewalk on either side. It has never triggered a collision warning. Maybe your need minor adjustment to point in down a bit.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:32 PM
a77
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts
Probably 100kph - I have set the FCW to closest as was getting so many false alarms. It now goes off so rarely, albeit randomly, it is not really an issue. I think it is a design issue - the bridge is just after the road starts sweeping downhill, and of course it is big, so the car thinks I am approaching a stationary object in my path and it mistakes a large more distant bridge for a closer car - remember this is camera based not radar...I think it more amusing than annoying - it would be annoying if it happened often, which I have stopped by resetting the distance. IMHO it is just another piece of useless technology I would rather have not paid for. But that's life when you are tied to packages. At the end of the day the car had the features I wanted (ELS, Heated steering wheel - which is awesome, navi, remote start) and the price was more competitive than others, even with all the useless paraphernalia....heated windshield, LDW, heated rear seats (actually the front ones are a pain to operate and slow slow slow to heat up).

Wondering if Ostrich has the same issue going down Stoney Trail.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:49 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Left it with them for a week, nothing. Got it back, it came on 3 times. I took pictures of EVERYTHING. The warning, where I was, kept notes of exactly what I was doing when it came on. It's back at the dealer. Acura sent a district field rep out to look at it.

On the upside, I'm in a '15 RLX Tech since I'll be without my car for my birthday and the service manager is a great guy.
@crownr0yal did you ever get your issue resolved? I've experienced a similar issue but I get an error message for both Foward Collision and LKAS on multiple random occasions. Left it with the dealer and of course they couldn't replicate the issue. They cleared a few codes but wasn't able to determine what caused them originally.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:29 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rip1125
@crownr0yal did you ever get your issue resolved? I've experienced a similar issue but I get an error message for both Foward Collision and LKAS on multiple random occasions. Left it with the dealer and of course they couldn't replicate the issue. They cleared a few codes but wasn't able to determine what caused them originally.
It is yet unresolved. They reset the error, removed the telematics control unit and reinstalled it, and also performed a battery reset. I've had my car back since 3/5 but yesterday, I got the FCW error again.

Name:  FullSizeRender_zps0342bd61.jpg
Views: 1831
Size:  155.6 KB

Name:  FullSizeRender_zps51986542.jpg
Views: 1597
Size:  127.9 KB

Kinda blown, but mostly over it. Love THE TLX, just not this one.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:44 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I got the same forward collision warning as well as the lane departure warnings today. They appeared on the NAV screen but not on the iMid. I deleted the messages and we'll see if they come back. Hopefully it's not an ongoing issue like crownr0yal has been having.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:10 AM
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 48 Posts

I still love my TLX.
If it happens again before then and you have time, you might want to drive directly to the dealership without turning it off and have them put it on the DIAG.

In a day and age of flash ROM costing pennies, you'd think Acura would spring for a chip that would store the last several error codes?
Old 05-20-2015, 08:04 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I noticed something today with the warnings I started getting yesterday(lane departure and forward collision warnings)

If I stop the car, put it in park and then shut it off I don't get the warnings.

If I stop the car, shut it off before I put it in park (accessory mode), the next time I start it and drive I get the warnings after about a minute or two of driving.

Yesterday was the first time that I saw these warnings and coincidentally the first time I tried accessory mode by shutting the car off without putting it in Park first.

I'll mention this to the dealer the next time I'm in for service. I just thought I'd mention it in case others have seen this.

These are the warnings I got.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:02 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by MedX172
If it happens again before then and you have time, you might want to drive directly to the dealership without turning it off and have them put it on the DIAG.

In a day and age of flash ROM costing pennies, you'd think Acura would spring for a chip that would store the last several error codes?
One would think!
Old 05-27-2015, 11:05 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by andre12dbsi
I noticed something today with the warnings I started getting yesterday(lane departure and forward collision warnings)

If I stop the car, put it in park and then shut it off I don't get the warnings.

If I stop the car, shut it off before I put it in park (accessory mode), the next time I start it and drive I get the warnings after about a minute or two of driving.

Yesterday was the first time that I saw these warnings and coincidentally the first time I tried accessory mode by shutting the car off without putting it in Park first.

I'll mention this to the dealer the next time I'm in for service. I just thought I'd mention it in case others have seen this.

These are the warnings I got.

]
I get these warnings about twice a month. It's pretty annoying, random, and I've had my camera and TCU replaced already. I always put my car in park before I shut it off.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:55 PM
Burning Brakes

I get these warnings about twice a month. It's pretty annoying, random, and I've had my camera and TCU replaced already. I always put my car in park before I shut it off.
Bummer. I saw you were the last to post so I was hoping this was resolved.

They must be close to fixing it. Good Luck.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:37 AM
Instructor

So, saga over. It was a PROCESS. My attorney was great and Acura moved pretty quickly. What took the process forever was coordinating between ISG (Impartial Services Group) and my preferred Acura dealer. Then, when it came time to actually take delivery of the replacement, the dealership was busy, so even after signing papers, it took 2.5 hours for the car to get into my hands. Overall, I'm happy Acura made it right.

Switched from BCP/Parchment to BWP/Espresso. Looking forward to many many many trouble free miles. This one has a build date of 3/15.

Name:  FullSizeRender_zps753e223d.jpg
Views: 1536
Size:  136.7 KB

Name:  FullSizeRender_zpsdf20f763.jpg
Views: 1522
Size:  149.4 KB

Name:  IMG_9390_zps78145191.jpg
Views: 1546
Size:  103.1 KB
Old 06-01-2015, 08:06 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 160 Posts
Good luck with the new car.....hoping for a couple hundred thousand trouble - free miles.
crownr0yal (06-02-2015)
Old 06-01-2015, 01:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Happy to hear it worked out for you. Hopefully the memory of the experience will fade more quickly than the new car thrill.
crownr0yal (06-02-2015)
Old 06-01-2015, 09:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Congratulations and good luck with your new TLX.

I am still driving error free with 13,000+ miles. I wish the same for you.
crownr0yal (06-02-2015)

Quick Reply: Forward Collision Warning