2015 TLX adv v6 heated seat issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 01:57 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They don't care about the issue. I have a 2016 MDX with the same problem and they told me I was the only person in America with the issue which doing a google search quickly shows that is a lie. I have had my car at the dealer for over 30 days in my 4 months of owning it and they have replace almost the whole system. I would keep bringing it in and requesting a loaner bc the only way to force a is to make it painful for the dealerships who will hopefully tell corporate bc until there are repercussions for corporate the will keep selling these defective cars.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:32 PM
5th Gear

Make sure you have an open case with either Acura America or Acura Canada. I keep phoning their main customer service number and keep asking for an update for my tlx heated seat problem. they are playing dumb if they say you are the only one. happening to enough people who notice these things.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:58 PM
6th Gear

Trust me they know who I am. My car has been in the shop for 30 day over 6 times. I am in contact with Acura or Honda actual (dealt with both) and they have told me its not a big enough issue bc it doesn't lower the value even though everyone i talked to would not pay full price for a car the works at best 95% on the time. They also told me it may be user error. Not sure how someone can mess up pressing start and then try and turn on the heated seats. SO when i say they don't care they really don't bc they know it may take a redesign as they call it and its not worth it for them. Not my words theirs. The scary thing is they have known about this problem for over a year and they are still selling cars with this software with no fix in sight. Not sure about the details but lying to the consumer by not telling them there is a known issue with some of the cars can be considered fraud bc i definitely feel lied too. Lesson learned Honda and Acura will not stand behind there product and don't care about the consumer once the sale is made.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:07 PM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by jkgilbe06
Trust me they know who I am. My car has been in the shop for 30 day over 6 times. I am in contact with Acura or Honda actual (dealt with both) and they have told me its not a big enough issue bc it doesn't lower the value even though everyone i talked to would not pay full price for a car the works at best 95% on the time. They also told me it may be user error. Not sure how someone can mess up pressing start and then try and turn on the heated seats. SO when i say they don't care they really don't bc they know it may take a redesign as they call it and its not worth it for them. Not my words theirs. The scary thing is they have known about this problem for over a year and they are still selling cars with this software with no fix in sight. Not sure about the details but lying to the consumer by not telling them there is a known issue with some of the cars can be considered fraud bc i definitely feel lied too. Lesson learned Honda and Acura will not stand behind there product and don't care about the consumer once the sale is made.
Honda might care considering the number of cars it sells over Acura. You blame honda, but its Acura that is the issue. Their sales volume is low. But software fixes, which this is, are not hard.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:25 PM
6th Gear

I started with Acura but when I began to get phone calls that introduced themselves as being from Honda it quickly transitioned to both. You would think a software problem is easy but it has taken over a year with no fix and according to them it is not a problem anyway that they need to fix and that's their words not mine. The are a fraudulent company and at this point are getting away with it
Old 12-09-2016, 03:47 PM
Forum Contributor

Received 1,391 Likes on 643 Posts
See the following Acura Tech Line Summary Article:

BTS161203
Front Seat Heaters Intermittently Won't Work After Remote Engine Start
Affected Vehicles: 2015 TLX Advance
http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/BTS161203.PDF
http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/p.../BTS161203.PDF

Last edited by EE4Life; 12-09-2016 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:03 PM
1st Gear

I have a 2017 MDX and experienced this exact problem this morning. So glad this page was available for me to look at so that I knew what the issue was. Thanks!
Old 03-17-2017, 08:00 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Fix did not work

So I took my acura in and got the replacement part that Acura recommended for the heated seat issue and about the 6th or 7th time I remote started my car, I had the same problem... So the fix didn't work for me
Old 03-17-2017, 09:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
Originally Posted by Dealgirl19
So I took my acura in and got the replacement part that Acura recommended for the heated seat issue and about the 6th or 7th time I remote started my car, I had the same problem... So the fix didn't work for me
The amount of problems the TLX is having is somewhat discouraging. On one end you have a product that can no longer be deemed dependable. On the other you have Acura that doesn't give a shit about reliability anymore, lies and more lies. It makes Acura look really bad to people who what to sacrifice fun for peace but instead get problems and still no fun...
Old 03-20-2017, 11:30 AM
2015 Advance

Acura wanted my unit just like BTS161203 says. They replaced it last time and I haven't had an issue since then. I bet they still haven't figured out what's wrong.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:04 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 400 Likes on 282 Posts
^^^ I sympathize with those that have the problem, I have not experienced it. It is strange, but inconceivable that they would not have figured out the problem. This is not rocket science and the engineers would be totally incompetent if the cause had not been found, or even worse that there was no priority/time assigned to investigate the issue. So I'll bet against you, but we may never know who wins.