‘18 AWD Aspec in Utah

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 07:01 PM
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts
I wish Ktuner had a version out for the 18s. It will be interesting to see what this manifold and runner setup will add power-wise without a tune.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:37 AM
Racer

opening on PnP manifold bored to 78mm (gasket matched)

nice shot of the intake valves

The head ports on the TLX point straight up

Overall the install went pretty smooth. It was easier then I though it was going to be. I watched YouTube videos on removing the runners on older J series and it looked like some of the bolts were difficult to reach. Some have commented on trying to install the 3.7IM to see if they could gain power. I don't think it would work because I am pretty sure the IM exit port shape is different. Also the guy who split open and PnP this manifold could have sworn the volume was bigger on the TLX manifold. He couldn't say for sure since he didn't have one in front for comparison.

Impressions.

First day for a spin I wasn't too impressed. I felt some extra torque down low but everything else felt about the same. I unhooked the battery for 5-10 seconds and drove so far about 150 miles. I was told to give it time to let the ECU to adjust. Last night while do some WOT power runs I am really starting to believe that is true. It felt very powerful through the whole RPM range. I have never had it pull like this before. I have never added any power part to any of my vehicles to make this subjective of a difference. The 1st day i didn't notice a difference. The end of day 2 it felt like a night at day difference. It feels like the peak power also is higher in the rev range now also. I felt like before the "pull" stopped about 6200 and then would start to decline but now it pulls to at least 6500 before any decline. I wish the dyno place wasn't so booked out. The earliest I could book another dyno was September 5th. But as far as subjective goes and this is only going on day 3 so far is: Better subjective feel than HFPC and Jpipe together. That addition I could feel some low to midrange power but that is about all. The intake manifold (now takes advantage of the bored out stock throttle body) I can feel the power all the way through and it speeds through the RPMs faster too. I don't want to add a full exhaust because I don't want a loud car even though I know it is a bottle neck. I also tired to add an aftermarket intake but I noticed a huge low end loss and it was as loud as hell. So I switched back to stock with just a Drop in filter.

Last edited by ultrapogi; 08-10-2019 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-10-2019, 12:13 PM
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts
Good comparison. Are you hitting the dyno soon?
Old 08-10-2019, 12:47 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by edmua6
Good comparison. Are you hitting the dyno soon?
The soonest they had a dyno session available was September 5th. This place is always booked out a month in advance. I don’t want to try a different place because I need to stay on the same dyno because of differences in dynos
Old 04-04-2020, 11:27 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ultrapogi
The soonest they had a dyno session available was September 5th. This place is always booked out a month in advance. I don’t want to try a different place because I need to stay on the same dyno because of differences in dynos
Did you ever get the dyno? What were the results? Also, did the company that port and polished the intake, customize the gaskets too?
Old 04-18-2020, 07:45 PM
Cruisin'

What is your opinion on TB spacers? I noticed afe has one for the TLX.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:06 PM
Racer

I apologize for not responding sooner. Since I last responded the following happened. I lost my job (way before the Covid stuff), I sold my house, got divorced, moved back in with my parents, declared bankruptcy, returned my lease. I took the intake parts off before I returned it so I have those sitting in my garage. Now onto my reviews and dynos and review.

This was taken about 24 hours after I installed everything. After about a week it felt even more powerful subjectively So I scheduled another dyno for September

Final Dyno. Only difference between this and 2nd once is about one month to try and get the computer to adjust

So at first glance you would think hey great it looks like it gained power all the way across the board. But the dotted line is actually the first dyno. I brought it in the morning so it could not have been heat soaked. The computer did adjust but the wrong way. These mods have to have a tuner option or it will loose power. I bet anything it would gain a hefty amount with Ktuner but I don't have my car nor money anymore so someone would with that option would have to buy it from me and see what it can do. I have the Intake manifold, runners and throttle body. I have never used the sale portion of Acurazine so I will have to figure that out. Anyone interested before I post it up there just message me.

Concerning the TB by itself I think it worked well but still only subjective seat of the pants feel. I think the initial throttle response went back to normal since the computer in these vehicles want to keep it within a narrow range. TB spacers. I never had one on this vehicle. Would it help? Meh. Again not worth it without tuning. Even then it would only increase the plenum volume a little so hard to say if beneficial.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Dyno2.pdf (250.4 KB, 81 views)
File Type: pdf
Dyno3.pdf (235.7 KB, 91 views)
Old 04-21-2020, 06:55 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks for responding! I'm sorry to hear you had a pretty rough year. How do you want for your pnp intake manifold, runner, and maxbore tb.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:57 PM
Cruisin'

I apologize for not responding sooner. Since I last responded the following happened. I lost my job (way before the Covid stuff), I sold my house, got divorced, moved back in with my parents, declared bankruptcy, returned my lease. I took the intake parts off before I returned it so I have those sitting in my garage. Now onto my reviews and dynos and review.

This was taken about 24 hours after I installed everything. After about a week it felt even more powerful subjectively So I scheduled another dyno for September

Final Dyno. Only difference between this and 2nd once is about one month to try and get the computer to adjust

So at first glance you would think hey great it looks like it gained power all the way across the board. But the dotted line is actually the first dyno. I brought it in the morning so it could not have been heat soaked. The computer did adjust but the wrong way. These mods have to have a tuner option or it will loose power. I bet anything it would gain a hefty amount with Ktuner but I don't have my car nor money anymore so someone would with that option would have to buy it from me and see what it can do. I have the Intake manifold, runners and throttle body. I have never used the sale portion of Acurazine so I will have to figure that out. Anyone interested before I post it up there just message me.

Concerning the TB by itself I think it worked well but still only subjective seat of the pants feel. I think the initial throttle response went back to normal since the computer in these vehicles want to keep it within a narrow range. TB spacers. I never had one on this vehicle. Would it help? Meh. Again not worth it without tuning. Even then it would only increase the plenum volume a little so hard to say if beneficial.
How much for your TB, Manifold, and runner? Also do you still have the lowering springs and camber kit?
Old 04-22-2020, 09:26 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by REGULAR RU
How much for your TB, Manifold, and runner? Also do you still have the lowering springs and camber kit?
i have H&R springs im trying to get rid of. they are posted in the market place if your interested.
Old 04-27-2020, 02:42 AM
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Sorry to hear man. I've been waiting to see what was next to your project and follow suit. Stay positive and strong. Take care!