Navtool install

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 11:59 AM
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
[QUOTE=idelgado782;16189654]Disregard my previous. I understand now.
Old 02-23-2018, 06:13 AM
Racer

[QUOTE=know610;16189907]
Originally Posted by idelgado782

Disregard my previous. I understand now.
first project accomplished.
Hacking appleTV 4th generations to run on either DC or AC power. Open the case, run wire to motherboard, drill hole, then solder wire. I use SAE connector type. Easy to take off if planning to use in home.
Attached Thumbnails Navtool install-e2f67028-b7dd-464a-a3a0-36f05782a98e.jpeg   Navtool install-b99b565f-6aa0-4073-977e-8591cf624089.jpeg   Navtool install-a82e31ed-8eaa-43b3-8839-414a0e0816ad.jpeg  
Old 02-24-2018, 09:03 PM
Racer

I'm all done adding Navik + AppeTV4. I notice a blinking at low right. Is your like that or you adjust something? I want to put ATV in glovebox but i don't want to drill hole. Glovebox is a good location since i can lock if i do valet parking.

https://www.dropbox.com/home/ATV?preview=02.mp4
Old 02-27-2018, 09:24 PM
Racer

T

AppleTV4

iPhone mirroring
================

Took me about 2hrs.

Disadvantage of using Navik is I can't list to my iPod Nano 6th Gen (30pin) because of using AUX.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:49 AM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Are you listening to the audio on the car? If not don’t use the Aux and just plug in the iPod. I never use the voice for maps. I just keep it on my screen and listen to music at the same time. I don’t really seenit as a disadvantage. Plus a lot of people now just load up all of thier music on their phone or stream it.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:49 AM
Racer

Are you listening to the audio on the car? If not don’t use the Aux and just plug in the iPod. I never use the voice for maps. I just keep it on my screen and listen to music at the same time. I don’t really seenit as a disadvantage. Plus a lot of people now just load up all of thier music on their phone or stream it.
The Naviks I had came with push button instead of using Source on steering wheel, Naviks said steering wheel Source not compatible anymore. I have ATV4, if I want to hear movie audio, i press AUX. Do you do the same or you press car bluetooth? If so, how do you connect car bluetooth to ATV?

Do you press bluetooth when listen music from iPhone?

If would be nice if I can add music to ATV like I had in iPod or iPhone. Do you know how?

I'm new to all these.

Last edited by know610; 02-28-2018 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:13 PM
Racer

how do you pair your ATV to TLX? I tried from TLX and no device found. Then I select No device found. ATV see Handfreelink but when I click on it, ATV gave error.
Old 03-11-2018, 05:03 PM
Racer

All done with Naviks. Everything hardwired. I did not use cig lighter socket or adapter. I place ATV in glovebox. I remove glovebox led and insert cable from their, no hole drilled.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:38 PM
BANNED

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
“Back in 2015 I was under impression that NavTool was bit expensive for my TL” I decided to save money this time around.

Do not buy Naviks or similar junk. In 2018 only NavTool interfaces work as described.

Naviks red flag that I have clearly missed is that they have no reviews or only few positive reviews, either they have no customers or they are not real. Even world’s top brand such as Apple have plenty negative reviews. I should have never wasted time with Naviks or China. Buy cheap, buy twice.

Here is my journey, I purchased an interface from eBay straight out of China. Order Arrived almost 4 weeks late with no manuals and no tech support whatsoever. So, I took my best guess to install and it didn’t work. Lost money as eBay refused to help me and seller had refused to accept it. Nextttttttttttttt

Ordered Naviks junk, I was really surprised when I received same exact junk that I had previously received directly from China (when I ordered from eBay, eBay China=Naviks) So anyway, I went ahead and installed the Naviks interface, you guessed it right it didn’t work, but now at least I have the installation manual. Now I can go ahead and install Chinese junk using Naviks manual. That Chinese junk works except image is all pixilated. So, to summarize using Naviks manual I was only able to make Chinese interface work, but quality of the image was super low. I ended up taking it out of the car.

(I had NavTool back in 2015 but only for about a week until my car got flooded)

Next, I contacted NavTool because I’m determined to have Waze on my car screen, from NavTool website I learned that its 100% made in the USA and they been in business for a decade now.

Interesting fact About Naviks that I have learned from having a conversation with NavTool. Naviks is made up of NavTool ex-employees who decided that they want to become NavTool competitor, but unlike NavTool who designs and manufactures the product in USA, Naviks guys just bring it form China. Please don’t start telling me how iPhone is made in China, because iPhone isn’t made in China, iPhone is designed in USA, and it’s simply assembled in China out of the best components.

When I couldn’t make Naviks work, I asked a friend of mine who is an engineer to open it up and look inside. He said that Naviks stuff will never work in your car as its made from consumer grade components, and even if it works it will not last more than a couple of month due to stress automotive parts usually get, form vibration to sudden temperature changes.

After lengthy research, I have learned the following facts and purchased NavTool.

What did I learn about NavTool?
1. They are the original video interface company, and been in business since 2002
2. They are 100% made in USA
3. They are 100% automotive grade, confirmed by my friend who is an electrical engineer.
4. Technical support is 7 days a week, and US based.

These are just some facts that made me buy one, and it works in HD quality image mirroring.

I Placed an order on the NavTool website, Received it 2 days later. Installed pretty easy and it works in HD quality image.

P.S. if you do your own research you will not find any company other than NavTool that makes car video interface in USA with HD quality image. Every other brand I checked out were from China and looked china-naviks junk. It’s very sad that quality products are hard to find and market is getting flooded with low quality product and Chinese knockoffs from car electronics to household items.

All these Chinese products are low quality and dangerous.

Typed on smartphone please excuse grammar and typos.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:13 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by restron
“Back in 2015 I was under impression that NavTool was bit expensive for my TL” I decided to save money this time around.

Do not buy Naviks or similar junk. In 2018 only NavTool interfaces work as described.

Naviks red flag that I have clearly missed is that they have no reviews or only few positive reviews, either they have no customers or they are not real. Even world’s top brand such as Apple have plenty negative reviews. I should have never wasted time with Naviks or China. Buy cheap, buy twice.

Here is my journey, I purchased an interface from eBay straight out of China. Order Arrived almost 4 weeks late with no manuals and no tech support whatsoever. So, I took my best guess to install and it didn’t work. Lost money as eBay refused to help me and seller had refused to accept it. Nextttttttttttttt

Ordered Naviks junk, I was really surprised when I received same exact junk that I had previously received directly from China (when I ordered from eBay, eBay China=Naviks) So anyway, I went ahead and installed the Naviks interface, you guessed it right it didn’t work, but now at least I have the installation manual. Now I can go ahead and install Chinese junk using Naviks manual. That Chinese junk works except image is all pixilated. So, to summarize using Naviks manual I was only able to make Chinese interface work, but quality of the image was super low. I ended up taking it out of the car.

Next, I contacted NavTool because I’m determined to have Waze on my car screen, from NavTool website I learned that its 100% made in the USA and they been in business for a decade now.

Interesting fact About Naviks that I have learned from having a conversation with NavTool. Naviks is made up of NavTool ex-employees who decided that they want to become NavTool competitor, but unlike NavTool who designs and manufactures the product in USA, Naviks guys just bring it form China. Please don’t start telling me how iPhone is made in China, because iPhone isn’t made in China, iPhone is designed in USA, and it’s simply assembled in China out of the best components.

When I couldn’t make Naviks work, I asked a friend of mine who is an engineer to open it up and look inside. He said that Naviks stuff will never work in your car as its made from consumer grade components, and even if it works it will not last more than a couple of month due to stress automotive parts usually get, form vibration to sudden temperature changes.

After lengthy research, I have learned the following facts and purchased NavTool.

1. They are the original video interface company, and been in business since 2002
3. They are 100% automotive grade, confirmed by my friend who is an electrical engineer.

These are just some facts that made me buy one, and it works in HD quality image mirroring.

I Placed an order on the NavTool website, Received it 2 days later. Installed pretty easy and it works in HD quality image.

P.S. if you do your own research you will not find any company other than NavTool that makes car video interface in USA with HD quality image. Every other brand I checked out were from China and looked china-naviks junk. It’s very sad that quality products are hard to find and market is getting flooded with low quality product and Chinese knockoffs from car electronics to household items.

Just my side of the story. I order Navik not from ebay but from their actual site. Got my order I think 2 days. The manual wasn't the same as the actual item. I think they need to update their manual. Install in my 2017 TLX and everything working great. HD or not HD, TLX top screen isn't HD anyway.

I don't get with all these ppl said Chinese product isn't top quality but you still buy from China even thought you know it's not good.. Why u still buy it, lol.

oh iPhone mfr from China for your info
Old 03-17-2018, 05:19 PM
BANNED

Originally Posted by know610
Just my side of the story. I order Navik not from ebay but from their actual site. Got my order I think 2 days. The manual wasn't the same as the actual item. I think they need to update their manual. Install in my 2017 TLX and everything working great. HD or not HD, TLX top screen isn't HD anyway.

I don't get with all these ppl said Chinese product isn't top quality but you still buy from China even thought you know it's not good.. Why u still buy it, lol.

oh iPhone mfr from China for your info
actually for the past month i've Been only buying made in USA, i remodeled my kitchen with all Samsung appliances 7 month ago

refrigerator door falling odd, dishwasher doesn't work, 2 out 4 burners on the stove don't work,

now shopping for appliances made in USa, and to my surprise that are same price or cheaper.

some stuff are impossible to bu USA made
Old 03-18-2018, 08:01 AM
Instructor

Why do I feel like this is a Navtool employee posing as a member? I’ve actually had both. I had navtool installed first and the unit didn’t come with the harness for the rca inputs or the side view camera inputs. I tried reaching out to them multiple times and they refused to respond to any of my communications. Also I’m not the only one who has had this experience with them. My friend has also had issues with his unit and no one has responded to them. I purchased my naviks unit directly for naviks, I have had thier main contact info and if your near NYC they will even do the install for you. I’ve also had a few issues that I needed help on and I was able to FaceTime them at naviks and they were able to help with the problem quickly. So your long drawn out post is completely inaccurate about these units.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:03 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by know610

All done with Naviks. Everything hardwired. I did not use cig lighter socket or adapter. I place ATV in glovebox. I remove glovebox led and insert cable from their, no hole drilled.

was it hard to get the wires from the back of the console to the glove compartment? I think I may do the same
Old 03-18-2018, 09:01 AM
BANNED

Why do I feel like this is a Navtool employee posing as a member? I’ve actually had both. I had navtool installed first and the unit didn’t come with the harness for the rca inputs or the side view camera inputs. I tried reaching out to them multiple times and they refused to respond to any of my communications. Also I’m not the only one who has had this experience with them. My friend has also had issues with his unit and no one has responded to them. I purchased my naviks unit directly for naviks, I have had thier main contact info and if your near NYC they will even do the install for you. I’ve also had a few issues that I needed help on and I was able to FaceTime them at naviks and they were able to help with the problem quickly. So your long drawn out post is completely inaccurate about these units.

I'm not even going to start arguing with you since you didn't even read my post. My post is 100% accurate based on my personal experience. Anyone wants Naviks you can get it directly from China for $200 less than in USA with free shipping. You are right they will install if you in or around NYC because if you are not in or around NYC you a shit out of luck

P.S. HieuTLX in this thread post #10 clearly shows RCA fro side camera,

read carefully what i wrote in 2018

Old 03-22-2018, 10:25 AM
Racer

If anyone plan to use HDMI Switcher, this one is very good,
Amazon Amazon

"When a new HDMI source is inserted, the switcher will switch it automatically; When the selected HDMI source is removed, the switcher will switch to the first active source input automatically." So basically, you don't need to use remote for change between HDMI Input. It will automatically switch itself. It get power from HDMI source devices via HDMI cable. No extra power needed.

I been using it since I installed Navik and working great between iPhone 8 Plus and AppleTV 4th Gen
Old 03-25-2018, 05:26 PM
Racer

was it hard to get the wires from the back of the console to the glove compartment? I think I may do the same
Not at all. Once you remove the glovebox, u have all the space to run wire. I didn't drill any hole. In the glovebox, I remove the slot where led plug in then I run wire through that hole.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:43 PM
Racer

double post - delete

Last edited by know610; 03-25-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:43 PM
Racer

These are the items I bought. I use AppleTV 4Gen and iPhone 8+

I use this to hold iPhone. I did not remove the 3M. Don't like to stick in it.
Amazon Amazon

HDMI Switcher: It auto switch to active ATV Input if iPhone unplugged.
Amazon Amazon

HDMI Cabke
Amazon Amazon

Male to Female lighting
Amazon Amazon

Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter or from Apple Store. I got from Apple Store
Amazon Amazon

Wire
Amazon Amazon
This one is connect to ATV motherboard

[url=https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N1PI57E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I use this because it came with fuse. I cut the cigarette lighter and solder to [ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07412DDBL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N1PI57E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I use this because it came with fuse. I cut the cigarette lighter and solder to[url=https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N1PI57E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I use this because it came with fuse. I cut the cigarette lighter and solder to https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07412DDBL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1] https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07412DDBL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame] I also cut out the plug.

Last edited by know610; 03-25-2018 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:08 AM
Racer

Old 07-16-2018, 10:12 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you folks have any issues with NavTool since you installed it with any of the car tools (key fob or TPMS errors or other)?

I have 2015 TLX and bought the NavTool with the first release for TLX. Once I installed I have issues to unlock/lock the car from distance also the hand unlocking doesn't work all the time and the key has to be in my hand to unlock it. Then I relocated the NavTool device and then I start getting error message for TPMS that TPMS doesn't work (cannot read any of the sensors - it shows "--" for each tire), once I turn off the car and start it again the TPMS error disappear . If I turn off the NavTool (leaving only the video cable for the upper screen) everything work just fine - the key fobs unlocking from distance and hand unlocking is just working as should be, no TPMS errors at all.

By the time I realize that all these issues are from NavTool I replaced several times the fob batteries asked Acura dealership for the key fob issues (of course they didn't find any issues with it).
Old 07-16-2018, 11:01 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by vesko.g
Do you folks have any issues with NavTool since you installed it with any of the car tools (key fob or TPMS errors or other)?

I have 2015 TLX and bought the NavTool with the first release for TLX. Once I installed I have issues to unlock/lock the car from distance also the hand unlocking doesn't work all the time and the key has to be in my hand to unlock it. Then I relocated the NavTool device and then I start getting error message for TPMS that TPMS doesn't work (cannot read any of the sensors - it shows "--" for each tire), once I turn off the car and start it again the TPMS error disappear . If I turn off the NavTool (leaving only the video cable for the upper screen) everything work just fine - the key fobs unlocking from distance and hand unlocking is just working as should be, no TPMS errors at all.

By the time I realize that all these issues are from NavTool I replaced several times the fob batteries asked Acura dealership for the key fob issues (of course they didn't find any issues with it).
No issue here besides black screen but that was my negligent for not triple check wire.. Anyway, already resolved that issue.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:15 AM
1st Gear

hi,
I want to use apple CarPlay in my Mercedes s500 2015 i am till searching and found navtool and naviks now I ma confused have any one use navtool in Mercedes Benz s500 2015
Old 12-17-2020, 10:46 AM
2nd Gear

Question Name of Cable???

Can someone please tell me what the name of this cable is??? I found the manufacturer for one end of it but it wasn't much help. I also need the white end of the cable to be the female type.

Any help or advice would be great.