I hate the TLX navi system.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 09:40 AM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I hate the TLX navi system.

So I have owned a 2007 TL, 2010 TL and now a 2015 TLX. All have had the navi system. I hate the 2015 system. It is slow and is horrible for routing. This past Saturday I was going to goto a hockey game at the B&T Center in Ft Lauderdale. Since you can literally only do this when parked I usually go into my car a few mins before my family is ready to enter the information. I did that on Saturday and it put me probably on the worse possible route possible. I checked the route preference and it was all correct. I went back to using my cell phone for navi. I really really hate this navigation system. Even when on the move and speaking an address it takes like 10 times to get it right when speaking english slowly.

Rant over
Old 04-14-2016, 01:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 118 Posts
I Never use the voice commands in the TLX, it is just horrible. It works for me about 10% of the time (not an exaggeration). As far as the nav system goes, yeah it doesnt do as good as our phones. On long distance trips, Ill set my nav, and set my phone, then compare the 2 to make sure the car is doing the best route that my phone shows. I do not even know if the "traffic rerouting" works since it has never done it. All in all, first world problems.
Old 04-14-2016, 06:55 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
luscioman, I COMPLETELY agree with you about the navi on the TLX. I traded my 2008 TSX for the TLX, and the navi system in my 2008 is so much better than this one, it's embarrassing. I have to pre-enter my routes before my family gets into the car too. It's absolutely despicable what Honda has done to their navigation systems. I hate it with a passion. They should be ashamed of themselves. I've only owned my car for about 9 months, and I've seriously considered trading it in ALREADY, primarily because of the navi system and the idiotic heated seat controls.

I feel your pain. You are NOT the only person that feels the way you do.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:37 AM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
I requested Acura relations to make the iOS Acura Navigation app available for TLX owners as it is for ILX. It's a $60 app mind you but I'm not sure why they made this app available solely for ILX owners only. The app in itself probably isn't that much more impressive than the factory built in one but what I'm really hoping for is that they'll retrofit the HDMI input that the ILX have so I can use Waze or Google maps instead. ILX owners have found this work around but you need both the HDMI in and the Acuralink support via software and it's not something you mod into. I'd encourage other TLX owners to email Acura Client Relations since HDMI in was something that WAS promised (based on initial press release) but was pulled out last minute.
acr@ahm.acura.com
http://www.acura.com/PressReleaseArt...pIs6wv98eE5XLw
Old 04-17-2016, 02:40 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Navi really is garbage. The maps don't even look nice. Its painfully slow and any imputing takes some time. It blows my mind they would release a car like this onto the market. I own a 2015 Audi and the Navi BLOWS away the Acura's. Acura's maps system looks like it came out of a 2004 Honda(which it probably did). Anyway, i got a Steelie ball mount and i use that for everything and my screen just takes up space.
Old 04-17-2016, 02:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
I left the acura nav behind long ago

https://www.waze.com

Get the best route, every day,
with real–time help from other drivers.
Waze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join other drivers in your area who share real-time traffic and road info, saving everyone time and gas money on their daily commute.

WAZE. OUTSMARTING TRAFFIC, TOGETHER.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:18 PM
17/TLX/Adv/FBP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AcuraTLX Navigation

Sad part is my Honda Pilot which is a year older has much better Garmin Navigation system! Very frustrating! Sad that they have system that is so old. My 2005 TL was just about he same!

carl
Old 09-02-2017, 12:45 PM
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by baelim
I requested Acura relations to make the iOS Acura Navigation app available for TLX owners as it is for ILX. It's a $60 app mind you but I'm not sure why they made this app available solely for ILX owners only. The app in itself probably isn't that much more impressive than the factory built in one but what I'm really hoping for is that they'll retrofit the HDMI input that the ILX have so I can use Waze or Google maps instead. ILX owners have found this work around but you need both the HDMI in and the Acuralink support via software and it's not something you mod into. I'd encourage other TLX owners to email Acura Client Relations since HDMI in was something that WAS promised (based on initial press release) but was pulled out last minute.
acr@ahm.acura.com
http://www.acura.com/PressReleaseArt...pIs6wv98eE5XLw
I have emailed Acura Relations as suggested here, and am waiting for their response. Has anyone who did the same received any response?