Bluetooth Calling Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 05:54 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth Calling Problem

I just got my 2015 TLX 3.5 tech last week upgrading from a 2013 ILX. I'm having problems with making calls using the bluetooth in the new car. I have a Galaxy Note 4 and paired it just fine. I'm able to play audio from my phone but when I make calls the recipient can't hear me. I can hear them just fine but they just can't hear me. I have to transfer the call to my phone so I can have a phone conversation. I had a little bit of luck with unpairing and then re-pairing. The person on the other line could hear me, but after a few minutes would complain that I sounded like I was in a wind tunnel and then eventually they wouldn't hear me at all. Keep in mind, the phone didn't move, windows rolled up and AC off. It's really frustrating. I don't think it's a phone compatibility issue because it worked fine in the ILX which I'd imagine was running the same, or older firmware for the bluetooth. Any suggestions before I bring the car back to the dealer for them to look at?

Side note - The handfreelink voice prompts dont seem to work either. Could be a problem with a microphone or something??
Old 01-24-2016, 09:48 AM
3rd Gear

Same Bluetooth calling problem

Hi, thank you for posting this problem. Glad to see I'm not the only one. Same thing, I can hear the person on the phone,but they can't hear me. (I did not hit the mute button either). This problem is intermittent, and when I took it to the dealer, it wouldn't duplicate. Of course, now it's doing it again. Did you find a fix for this issue? Thank you.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:59 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
I think it has to do with playing audio from your phone. I don't know why it gets confused about it but seems to.

In any event, with the ELS system, I much prefer to play music over USB, the quality is much higher than with bluetooth.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:43 AM
2nd Gear

Fix

Originally Posted by Pearlsmomma
Hi, thank you for posting this problem. Glad to see I'm not the only one. Same thing, I can hear the person on the phone,but they can't hear me. (I did not hit the mute button either). This problem is intermittent, and when I took it to the dealer, it wouldn't duplicate. Of course, now it's doing it again. Did you find a fix for this issue? Thank you.
So apparently there is a separate volume control for Bluetooth/navi voice. I took to the dealer and they took about an hour to figure out that the secondary volume was turned down so people couldn't hear me when talking. There is a volume control for bt in settings and I think you can also use the volume control while on a bt call. Give it a shot and see if that fixes the problem for you. Pretty simple but I never would have figured it out on my own.