Android Auto disconnects Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 08:22 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Android Auto disconnects Bluetooth

I'm able to get Android Auto consistently working with my OnePlus One with my 2018 TLX Base using the cable that came with the phone. To get Android Auto to work though, I always have to first pair the Bluetooth separately.

However, when I am connected to Android Auto, I loose my Bluetooth connection.

What's weird is I was able to connect my phone to the 2018 TLX Tech in the showroom and another I test drove. Bluetooth worked on those cars.

Is anybody able to use Android Auto with Bluetooth on a 2018 TLX Base? If so, what phone are you using?
Old 10-30-2017, 03:56 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Your phone should connect to bluetooth automatically when paired for android auto. If you go into phone settings on the unit (settings button) and clear your bluetooth pairing, and re-plug in the phone it should prompt you to pair again.
The following users liked this post:
kurtatx (10-30-2017)
Old 10-30-2017, 04:11 PM
4th Gear

I tried this before and if I deleted the Bluetooth connection from the car, then, Android Auto would never launch.

I'll try it again and report back if I get a different result this time.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:12 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Originally Posted by hrpuffnstuff12
Your phone should connect to bluetooth automatically when paired for android auto. If you go into phone settings on the unit (settings button) and clear your bluetooth pairing, and re-plug in the phone it should prompt you to pair again.
I can confirm this. It's a little bit smarter than the Carplay interaction, but yeah, you get warnings if you don't connect your phone via bluetooth.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:18 PM
4th Gear

I deleted the Bluetooth connection from both my car and my phone and then connected my phone to USB cable to launch Android Auto. Unfortunately, Android Auto never launched. I didn't see anything on the phone that it was trying to automatically pair the Bluetooth.