AcuraLink Routing Unavailable Today

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 05:10 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AcuraLink Routing Unavailable Today

Acuralink routing has been working since I got my car. Today it says unable to connect to Acuralink. It will only route off the built in maps. Other Acuralink services like local search are working fine. Seems to just be routing. Anyone else having this issue? Mike
Old 01-01-2016, 10:05 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Check the pin light between the blue Acura link button and the red assist button. It should be and stay green. If red (sometimes it takes 15 minutes or so to turn red) it means no GPS is being transmitted to Acuralink. Therefore you may be able to call Acuralink but they or the system won't know the cars location. If this is the case, there is a service bulletin that covers the problem. Ultimately the TCU Module gets replaced.
http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/B15-017.PDF

Last edited by flybyglass; 01-01-2016 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Added Link to TSB 15-017
Old 01-01-2016, 10:17 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You may also want to check your Acuralink subscription. I just purchased my 2015 TLX last week but noticed that all the Acuralink subscriptions expired on 12/31/2015.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:49 PM
Pro

All my subscriptions are up to date.

I will check that light in between tomorrow.... Everything was fine until today... And all other functions work (sending things to car nav, getting the mobiles dashboard info etc)

I doubt anything would need to be replaced on a brand new car... ANyone else having this issue? Someone on another forum said they had the same issue.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:22 PM
Pro

I checked the light and after 15 mins in the car is stayed green... Didn't change. If it was a GPS issue I would think the "Local Search" acuralink function wouldn't work as that has to use GPS location of the car.. But that works fine.

Traffic flow shows fine also..... The ONLY issue is the server routing.

The setup>Info screens say my account is up to date as well...

Is anyone else having this issue?
Old 01-02-2016, 11:58 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
I dunno, my Acuralink is working fine up here in Canada for everything I use it for. I just haven't tried the nav routing using it (ever, in fact).
Old 01-03-2016, 02:00 AM
Pro

Nav routing is when you turn server route to on in nav routing preferences.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:57 PM
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Today the same problem occurred for me. I don't know how often the Nav system tries to connect so I don't know if it was an intermittent issue. The message came and went. Often not popping up for up to 10 minutes at a time.

The AcuraLink "antenna" on the screen was full strength, the green light was on, the traffic indicator was green, and I was able to connect and talk to an AcuraLink person when I pressed the blue button. (I presume that means the subscription was considered up-to-date. I know I have about two more years on it.)

I described the problem to the AcuraLink rep but she was not much use--said I should talk to the dealer. So if it continues that is what I will do.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:29 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by sbillard
Today the same problem occurred for me. I don't know how often the Nav system tries to connect so I don't know if it was an intermittent issue. The message came and went. Often not popping up for up to 10 minutes at a time.

The AcuraLink "antenna" on the screen was full strength, the green light was on, the traffic indicator was green, and I was able to connect and talk to an AcuraLink person when I pressed the blue button. (I presume that means the subscription was considered up-to-date. I know I have about two more years on it.)

I described the problem to the AcuraLink rep but she was not much use--said I should talk to the dealer. So if it continues that is what I will do.
The system connects when you input a route, change a route, or it recalculates a route. It also constantly gets traffic updates and re routes you.

None of this is happening.

Same with me.., everything is OK except the traffic connecting for routing... flow shows fine.

I pressed the button and they put me on hold then hung up on me.

I emailed my salesperson to check into this.... I don't know why nobody has noticed it at Acuralink or has done anything about it yet.

Anyone else having this issue please post it here.

Again, the routing through Acuralink ONOY takes place when you have Route Preferences> Server routing to ON... Otherwise it just uses the built in maps and nav without traffic or rerouting.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:29 PM
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeRadio
The system connects when you input a route, change a route, or it recalculates a route. It also constantly gets traffic updates and re routes you.

None of this is happening.

Same with me.., everything is OK except the traffic connecting for routing... flow shows fine.

I pressed the button and they put me on hold then hung up on me.

I emailed my salesperson to check into this.... I don't know why nobody has noticed it at Acuralink or has done anything about it yet.

Anyone else having this issue please post it here.

Again, the routing through Acuralink ONOY takes place when you have Route Preferences> Server routing to ON... Otherwise it just uses the built in maps and nav without traffic or rerouting.
Mine wouldn't work at all last night. Every time I deviated from the suggested route it would recalculate and then a minute later it would tell me that it's "unable to connect to Acuralink". It did this several times on my trip.

This isn't the first time, seems to happen more than it should.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:44 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by mojo_79
Mine wouldn't work at all last night. Every time I deviated from the suggested route it would recalculate and then a minute later it would tell me that it's "unable to connect to Acuralink". It did this several times on my trip.

This isn't the first time, seems to happen more than it should.
This shouldn't be going on for days. Is it still the case today?
Old 01-05-2016, 04:46 PM
Pro

Today I can't log in on the app or at www.acuralink.com Says unavailable

My app now says I have standard package...

What a mess
Old 01-05-2016, 05:42 PM
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
WEB logon says "Temporarily not available"

Android app just has a spinning circle.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:41 PM
Pro

iOS App lets me logon but doesn't seem to be able to connect to anything afterwards and says I only have the standard package.

I hope they get all this working again soon.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:44 PM
Pro

Website seems to have come back... Dont know about traffic re routing.. Anyone know if that is fixed too?
Old 01-05-2016, 09:38 PM
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeRadio
Website seems to have come back... Dont know about traffic re routing.. Anyone know if that is fixed too?
Traffic re-routing worked fine for me today. Driving in rush hour traffic, I did receive one or two pop-up messages that my route was updated by AcuraLink...
Old 01-05-2016, 10:24 PM
Pro

Great!! Nice to see things fixed!