AcuraLink Connect/Navigation Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 09:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 891 Likes on 304 Posts
AcuraLink Connect/Navigation Issues

I picked up my TLX on Friday... love it for the most part but I'm starting to have issues with Navi/Acura Link... some of them started on Saturday, the others started today.

1. Clock started resetting itself every time I turn the car on (it's supposed to be linked to satellite/navigation). It was going back to 8:00, now that I've set it manually the clock stops each time I turn off the car then resumes when I turn the car back on.

2. Date showing up as 12/31/2011

3. Compass is incorrect (street names are incorrect on the instrument panel)

4. Navigation map is showing where I previously was but not where I currently am. (like there is a delay from hours ago and the system is just now catching up/backtracking to the route I was previously on)

5. Acura Link Connect/Send Destination: When I send a destination to the car from my phone app or computer, the destination is sent to the car but it does not show the name of the destination. So if multiple destinations are sent I won't know what they are. The picture is shown below with the blank (the destination I sent)...

6. I will not be purchasing a subscription to Connect because it is extremely slow and not very reliable. It doesn't always work.

7. I'm in love with the Pandora integration... Aha not so much. Aha works half the time and when it does it's very clunky.

Has anyone experienced any of these?

(5. Sending destinations/routes to car issue):
Old 09-15-2014, 09:11 AM
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
I wrote up a thread in the Problems section on AcuraLink too! To date, I have unsuccessfully connected to a live person, despite multiple attempts. It takes forever to connect.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pdpgps
I wrote up a thread in the Problems section on AcuraLink too! To date, I have unsuccessfully connected to a live person, despite multiple attempts. It takes forever to connect.
I just saw your thread, I didn't realize there was an issues/solutions thread (Mods feel free to move this thread over there).

I'm getting ready to call Acura Client Care... I think my navigation issues have something to do with the Acuralink/Connect subscription, at least I'm hoping so rather than there being a hardware or software issue. If they can't help then I'll have to contact the dealership.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:58 PM
3rd Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
My TLX Navigation is extremely slow when starting the car. It takes 45 plus seconds from the time I start the car until the Navi responds to me pushing the "Menu" button. Anyone else having this experience? My brother's 2014 RLX responds within 10 seconds.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 400 Likes on 282 Posts
45 seconds seems about right.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:50 PM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
Originally Posted by artdawe
My TLX Navigation is extremely slow when starting the car. It takes 45 plus seconds from the time I start the car until the Navi responds to me pushing the "Menu" button. Anyone else having this experience? My brother's 2014 RLX responds within 10 seconds.
That's my experience as well.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:52 AM
5th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
5. Acura Link Connect/Send Destination: When I send a destination to the car from my phone app or computer, the destination is sent to the car but it does not show the name of the destination. So if multiple destinations are sent I won't know what they are. The picture is shown below with the blank (the destination I sent)...

I think the latest Nav software update has fixed this issue. The car that I test drove several weeks back had this issue, but the car I bought works just fine. My vin is outside the range for the update and all the features mentioned are already on my system.
The following users liked this post:
tlxsteve (11-03-2014)
Old 11-03-2014, 11:13 AM
Advanced

Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts
That's good to know. I'm hoping that it also fixes the issue that when the car receives and address via AcuraLink and you say that you don't want to view it immediately, that there's no way to find/reference that address unless you re-send it.

It's happened to me twice and I don't think the use case would be that uncommon--that you send an address to the car for later (rather than immediate) use.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by FreshTLX

I think the latest Nav software update has fixed this issue. The car that I test drove several weeks back had this issue, but the car I bought works just fine. My vin is outside the range for the update and all the features mentioned are already on my system.
I just picked my TLX up from getting the update.... so far things appear to be a bit more snappy, however they also had to replace my whole Navi unit because of issues I was having. I'll play around with it a little more when I have a chance and let you know how it's working out.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:42 AM
Instructor

Received 84 Likes on 21 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but I didn't know that it's possible to send an address from your phone to the car's navigation unit. This sounds like a great feature. Can someone explain how it works or where in the manual to find it?
Old 11-10-2014, 11:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 400 Likes on 282 Posts
You cannot download an address from a phone app, but with the AcuraLink service you can download an address from the AcuraLink web site (yes you could do this from a browser on your phone), or from the Concierge service (voice connection button near the sunroof controls).
Old 11-10-2014, 01:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Quandry
You cannot download an address from a phone app, but with the AcuraLink service you can download an address from the AcuraLink web site (yes you could do this from a browser on your phone), or from the Concierge service (voice connection button near the sunroof controls).
You actually don't have to do it from a browser... you can do it directly in the AcuraLink App on your phone... you type in the address, it sends it to your navigation system. Supposedly the new update fixes the issue where the address is blank.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bdwpac81
Forgive my ignorance, but I didn't know that it's possible to send an address from your phone to the car's navigation unit. This sounds like a great feature. Can someone explain how it works or where in the manual to find it?
You have to download the AcuraLink Connect App. See my screenshots below.... On the homescreen of the app there will be a Maps icon... click on that. Then at the top right corner there will be a search icon... there you can search for an address then send it directly to your car's navigation system... it's pretty cool.... when it works.

The following users liked this post:
bdwpac81 (11-10-2014)