Is the TLX following the same path.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 04:45 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Is the TLX following the same path.

Is the TLX following the path of all Acura models ?.
bright, elegant , comfortable , powerfull, fun to drive at the first test drive.
beat every car a the first comparison test and then , like a curse, in five months
became date, obsolete and crapy.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by CARLOS10
bright, elegant , comfortable , powerfull, fun to drive at the first test drive.
beat every car a the first comparison test and then , like a curse, in five months
You could be describing every car company in a way, depending on the owner and his expectations.

I had my 4G 2 years and should have kept it, I never got tired of walking up to it and driving it off.

I think most all of the 3G owners here would also argue with you..
Old 09-25-2014, 08:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 400 Likes on 282 Posts
It is not the car, but a state of mind. You fall into the category of drivers who should lease and change cars every 24 months. That way you can always have the latest and greatest, never have to worry about worn tires, dead battery, worn brake pads, or timing belt replacement. Not a bad place to be.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:40 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
I have to respectfully disagree with your personal opinion. In fact, I would like to emphasize that this is only your personal opinion, which is not shared by myself, as I happen to have quite the opposite opinion and experience.

I have a 2012 TL SH-AWD Elite (or "Advance" in the US). The more I own it, the more I love it! Over the last 3 years, the exterior and interior designs have truly grown on me, and I just love them now. The more I drive it, the more I enjoy it. The car has also been almost trouble-free, and that is hugely important in my book. In fact, I love it so much to the point that I am even considering keeping it, even as my lease expires, rather than to give it up.

I am wondering if many here share your opinion - even if people do, it really does not matter to me anyway. Enjoy whatever that you are driving! If Acura is not for you, find the right vehicle for you and enjoy!!! :-)
The following 2 users liked this post by ostrich:
a35tl (09-25-2014), Stew4HD (09-26-2014)
Old 09-25-2014, 08:59 PM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2g owner chiming in here, I still enjoy driving my TLS after almost 8 years of ownership. It has had exceptional care, mostly trouble free, looks good for its time and still performs great as a daily driver today. Even at its age, its hard to let go.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:19 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
bright, elegant , comfortable , powerfull, fun to drive at the first test drive..
Acura has cars that are bright, elegant, and fun to drive? Where?
Old 09-25-2014, 09:22 PM
Drifting

Received 536 Likes on 302 Posts
This reminds me - whatever happened to SSFTSX?
Old 09-25-2014, 10:10 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best car for the $$$, I own a 3G and a TLX, same was true than as it is now.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:50 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ostrich
I have to respectfully disagree with your personal opinion. In fact, I would like to emphasize that this is only your personal opinion, which is not shared by myself, as I happen to have quite the opposite opinion and experience.

I have a 2012 TL SH-AWD Elite (or "Advance" in the US). The more I own it, the more I love it! Over the last 3 years, the exterior and interior designs have truly grown on me, and I just love them now. The more I drive it, the more I enjoy it. The car has also been almost trouble-free, and that is hugely important in my book. In fact, I love it so much to the point that I am even considering keeping it, even as my lease expires, rather than to give it up.

I am wondering if many here share your opinion - even if people do, it really does not matter to me anyway. Enjoy whatever that you are driving! If Acura is not for you, find the right vehicle for you and enjoy!!! :-)
I not seeing the Acura situation from a owner perspective. After all Ive owned Hondas since 1978 , so i know one or two things about Honda. Not jut about Bluetooth , or heated seats .
Every word writen about a Acura have a second guess, you should read between lines, like you are deciphering The Da vince code.
From the begining Ive read all these initial reports about the 4 banger with raised eyebrow.Its just me, but when the best BMW , Mercedes or Audi model
is the base 4 cilinder model, something dont smell right.
But it work, theres a bandwagon of 4 banger buyers ignoring the V6 models,
after all Honda is working his magic again. And again V6 buyers are looking
for koreans and Germans.
Now like a scrip, theres second chance reports of 8.9 0/60 times and 16.9 1/4. Even a 98 Accord is faster !!!!!!. And for sure a cascade of bloggers
reporting that 4 bangers are underpowered.
If you mix the beak, the lack of exhaust pipe, a clamor for a turbo,a TYPE S.
the endless wait for the SH-AWD , the initial sales bump will flume.
What amaze me, it is happening over and over again and Acura exc never react. His only solution is, let the model die, and work in another model.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
It seems you are taking a cross section of poster/reviewers form here and making assumptions. I see as many V6 buyers here as I4, if not more.

I am waiting on the SH-AWD and know it will be built when they build it. It takes time to build inventory. I can wait as other will. It's not going to kill the TLX.

I think the TLX will outsell the 4G TL for many reasons.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,600 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
I think the TLX will outsell the 4G TL for many reasons.
Agree with this 100%. But, BUT still believe not introducing the I4 with a turbo was a marketing mistake.

Might be because Honda has been riding the same basic engines for a decade & are not ready to invest in the development or tooling expense for new engines.

The Germans IMHO can play the I4 game 1. because they have a strong performance image 2. The use of the magic word to the general public "TURBO"
Old 09-26-2014, 03:48 PM
Instructor

RL , TSX , TL , RLX , ZDX are samples of Acuralogy.
Legend, Integra, Vigor , NSX , CL , RSX were early Acuralogy victims.
The Honda cemetery include CRX , PRELUDE, S2000.
Am i making assumptions ?? or can you name a sequel of these model that has been sucessfull.