TL owners might not like to hear this ...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 04:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 562 Likes on 293 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
LOL @ the Q50 trolls chiming in
Grow up.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:18 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,994 Likes on 14,502 Posts
I think you're all out of your minds...
I love the Q50...the 3G TL...the 4G TL...the TLX...

and yes, the ZDX. That car can never look dated, it's a spaceship! Put wheels on it if you're bored!

I just love something different about each of them!
Old 10-02-2015, 06:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally Posted by saturno_v
So anybody that does not like the TLX is a troll...I get it....talking about insecurity...
No just people who go out of their way to make posts like this . Posts like that, and you call others insecure?
The following users liked this post:
a35tl (10-02-2015)
Old 10-02-2015, 06:22 PM

Oh snap with the one two
Old 10-02-2015, 06:26 PM
Drifting

Received 536 Likes on 302 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike_TX
I was prepared to dislike the Bridgestone Potenzas, and even asked the dealer about swapping them for Michelins, but the cost was too high.

But after almost 11,000 miles, I don't see why they're talked down. They're good in the wet, quiet on the highway, don't tramline, and have good wear and traction ratings.

What's the beef? Or is it just coming from people who don't really have any experience with them?
In day-to-day/"normal" driving, I have no problems with the tires. They're great for the reasons you stated. It's just when you "stress" them by trying to taking curves at a bit higher speeds that I felt as if I was losing control. I have almost 22k on mine now and I don't know when they started, but they screech to hell and back when I have to accelerate hard from a stop, and that didn't just start.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:26 PM

I think being able to screech the tires was actually a selling point
Old 10-02-2015, 07:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Hyde
No just people who go out of their way to make posts like this . Posts like that, and you call others insecure?
Exactly. How many times does Saturno have to come here and post how much he dislikes the TLX? After a time, it is trolling
a35tl (10-02-2015)
Old 10-02-2015, 07:39 PM

I think it's funny for anyone that doesn't own the car in question to be that critical of it. We all love what we drive, or we probably wouldn't drive it. Shit, even if I had 3 cars to choose from and picked one, I don't think I'd feel so strongly to bash the other 2 I didn't pick.

I go nuts trying to think of logical upgrades to my car but I feel like nothing really is the best at everything...unless of course you just adapt what you consider perfect to fit.
ggesq (10-02-2015)
Old 10-02-2015, 08:27 PM
Banned

Received 198 Likes on 147 Posts

So commenting about a car someone does not like (and many do repeatedly, either in a positive way or in a negative way) is insecurity?? And about what?? Not owning a TLX?? Please....So all the folks that continuously spouted negative comments on the 4G board years ago were all insecure??

How many times does Saturno have to come here and post how much he dislikes the TLX? After a time, it is trolling

I usually reply or comment on comments, this is a forum after all not an online advertisement billboard for Acura and points of view get repeated often....I only recently started a thread on my own about a new car review from C&D (TLX SH-AWD), something new to talk about and exchange opinions....but for you anything other than glowing words is trolling...we get it...

So Bear-AvHistory is a troll too??

Last edited by saturno_v; 10-02-2015 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:18 PM
Senior Moderator

So commenting about a car someone does not like (and many do repeatedly, either in a positive way or in a negative way) is insecurity?? And about what?? Not owning a TLX?? Please....So all the folks that continuously spouted negative comments on the 4G board years ago were all insecure??
A couple of times is one thing, but to do it over and over again ad nauseam? You don't like the car, purchased something else, yet still come here to only post negativity.

That post of yours was a text book troll post. So if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.....

Enough is enough. Knock it off.

Last edited by Mr Hyde; 10-02-2015 at 09:22 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mr Hyde:
a35tl (10-02-2015), Stew4HD (10-03-2015)
Old 10-03-2015, 12:10 AM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by rockstar143
and yes, the ZDX. That car can never look dated, it's a spaceship! Put wheels on it if you're bored!
You're right, as far as exterior styling the ZDX could never look dated. I'm still in love with the design and the uniqueness of the ZDX.

It's the lack of tech, safety features, and poor gas mileage that's causing me to want to trade for something else. I can no longer justify paying monthly what I am paying on a $50k car, when I can be paying a fraction of that on an Accord Touring with more goodies.

I do like the Black Copper Peal/Espresso TLX though.
rockstar143 (10-03-2015)
Old 10-03-2015, 01:59 AM
Banned

A couple of times is one thing, but to do it over and over again ad nauseam? You don't like the car, purchased something else, yet still come here to only post negativity.

That post of yours was a text book troll post. So if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.....

Enough is enough. Knock it off.

Your definition of troll and the real world definition of troll are a world apart.....

My post was simply related to a magazine road test....read it again......

I bet instead that talking about it positively "over and over again" would be greatly appreciated right??
Old 10-03-2015, 04:49 AM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
What SHOULD have been done to the TLX's audio system, to keep feeding it quality sound after they got rid of DVD-A compatibility, was give it BLU-RAY compatibility....that way you would still have a hi-res sound input people can actually buy at non-online stores!
Old 10-03-2015, 05:53 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by dainmezron
What SHOULD have been done to the TLX's audio system, to keep feeding it quality sound after they got rid of DVD-A compatibility, was give it BLU-RAY compatibility....that way you would still have a hi-res sound input people can actually buy at non-online stores!
Yes, they could do that but they would have to modify the player's functionality since there are no Bluray-A formats, only Bluray-V. Can't have driver's being tempted to watch videos while driving, that's interfere with texting too much!
Old 10-03-2015, 06:22 AM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
Yes, they could do that but they would have to modify the player's functionality since there are no Bluray-A formats, only Bluray-V. Can't have driver's being tempted to watch videos while driving, that's interfere with texting too much!
Obviously, but just like my 2010 Sport-trac, the video turns off when above 5 MPH, leaving the sound available...so listening to live concerts, music videos sound only, would be still available and put the car once again in Audio Nirvana...like my TL is right now!!!
Old 10-03-2015, 06:23 AM
'20 TLX SH-AWD A-Spec

Received 345 Likes on 253 Posts
Re: 4G TL's looks.

Other than being insulted once in a while at gas stations... "hey, nice Cadillac", I am pretty happy with my TL
Old 10-03-2015, 08:58 AM

It's the sharp lines on it! I don't think that's totally an insult.

I had a Mayan Bronze pique my interest...but I don't think it's a good time for me to be car shopping when I have 2 mechanically sound cars in my garage. Being mature sucks.
Old 10-03-2015, 09:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Your definition of troll and the real world definition of troll are a world apart.....

My post was simply related to a magazine road test....read it again......

I bet instead that talking about it positively "over and over again" would be greatly appreciated right??
Been moderating these forums and their genre since their inception, as such I'm very experienced in spotting troll like behavior. Another mod called you out on exactly that, and locked your thread, so it seems you're a little deluded as to whose definition is a world's apart.

Your post was baiting, pure and simple, again obvious to several members/mods.

This conversation is finished in this thread, if you'd like to continue it, feel free to take it to PM, and contact me, or one of the other mods who don't recognize trolling behavior.
The following 5 users liked this post by Mr Hyde:
a35tl (10-03-2015), ggesq (10-03-2015), Quandry (10-03-2015), Stew4HD (10-03-2015), wlkeel (10-03-2015)
Old 10-03-2015, 11:17 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
[QUOTE=other mods who don't recognize trolling behavior.[/QUOTE]
Steven Bell comes to mind.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:21 AM

Steven is nice, but he carries a big stick. Don't fuck with him.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:59 AM
Banned

Been moderating these forums and their genre since their inception, as such I'm very experienced in spotting troll like behavior. Another mod called you out on exactly that, and locked your thread, so it seems you're a little deluded as to whose definition is a world's apart.

Your post was baiting, pure and simple, again obvious to several members/mods.

This conversation is finished in this thread, if you'd like to continue it, feel free to take it to PM, and contact me, or one of the other mods who don't recognize trolling behavior.

So posting a glowing review instead is not trolling....again, interesting point of view.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:08 PM

I think it's more about being negative and then rallying to get others to be negative too. I think everyone is entitled to post a negative review of something but when it gets to the point of being self serving or the intention gets perceived as degrading to those that DO own the car (basically a pushy opinion...that car sucks and you should agree with that car sucking and if you don't then you suck).

I guess it's just being polite when you share your opinion, whether good or bad.
The following 3 users liked this post by rockstar143:
07Acuradude (10-05-2015), a35tl (10-03-2015), ggesq (10-03-2015)
Old 10-03-2015, 12:08 PM

But I think right now you're past that point and your ego will probably make you not back down from proving your point that you're not trolling and the other guy is.

Shiettt...some of my best AZ friends are trolls!
ggesq (10-03-2015)
Old 10-03-2015, 12:21 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
This

Less noise and softness does not mean being more refined, especially if the car cannot deliver the goods in road feel and sportiness and the issue goes beyond cheap non adequate tires.

By that metric alone (noise and softness) so a Toyota Avalon is even more refined....

Definitely I do not see more refinement in the interiors either actually cost cutting everywhere.

Let's not dwell on the road presence issue, I understand it is highly subjective.

Fact is many 4G owners, especially SH-AWD ones, are voting with their wallet.....staying away from the TLX which is probably more highly appreciated by former TSX owners.

Congratulation anyway to Acura for the good selling run, the car has definitely appeal especially in the 4 banger form for the budget (price and fuel consumption) premium conscious crowd.

I agree that the TLX is probably more appreciated by former TSX owners, which is what I've always seen it as, more of a TSX replacement than a TL replacement. I for one, LOVE the styling of the TLX, but the 4G is still my favorite generation in terms of looks.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rockstar143
I think it's more about being negative and then rallying to get others to be negative too. I think everyone is entitled to post a negative review of something but when it gets to the point of being self serving or the intention gets perceived as degrading to those that DO own the car (basically a pushy opinion...that car sucks and you should agree with that car sucking and if you don't then you suck).

I guess it's just being polite when you share your opinion, whether good or bad.
I congratulated Acura more than once on the good selling streak which is better than I expected so I do say positive things when is deserved.

I been sharp in my comments about the TLX because I know that Acura can do much better than that (3G and 4G were outstanding performers and outstanding value for the money in their class at their time) and I am a bit saddened to see the brand present course.

Obviously when you post something, especially a car review, you do elicit comments, good or bad (an in my case I obviously I stated that I agree with that review which is not exactly glowing from a sport sedan perspective)...that is the point of a forum after all....a troll in my book is someone that just flames, often with no coherent or documented/exposed arguments (and often with multiple userid) and leave the discussion to others...I'm always there available to debate my points....the accusation of "insecurity", finally, is beyond laughable....

Last edited by saturno_v; 10-03-2015 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:45 PM

Those are valid points!
Old 10-03-2015, 02:17 PM
Senior Moderator

That thread/post was trolling, stop trying to confuse the issue by talking about generalities, or other posts/threads.

You didn't just post a review. Your comments about the review were inflammatory, and simply for the point of baiting members. The best part is that the review was a puff piece compared to the link it contained on your own "upgrade" and "joke of a sport sedan." Nothing troll like about those comments right?

Last warning Saturn. Any more discussion about what is and isn't trolling can be taken to PM.

Last edited by Mr Hyde; 10-03-2015 at 02:33 PM.
a35tl (10-03-2015)
Old 10-03-2015, 02:43 PM
Banned

That thread/post was trolling, stop trying to confuse the issue by talking about generalities, or other posts/threads.

You didn't just post a review. Your comments about the review were inflammatory, and simply for the point of baiting members. The best part is that the review was a puff piece compared to the link it contained on your own "upgrade" and "joke of a support sedan." Nothing trolling about those comments right?

Last warning Saturn. Any more discussion about what is and isn't trolling can be taken to PM.

So you can strongly and publicly express for all to see in this thread what is your opinion about my posting motivations and I cannot openly reply?? You quite harshly accused me in front of everybody and I'm defending myself publicly....You can use the PM system too by the way when you want to call in question someone intentions in the first place..

You are the one confusing the issue...replying to your question, using colorful words like "joke" is not trolling, exactly right....that is my opinion, as far as a premium sport sedan goes yes, for me it is a bit of a joke. It is forbidden to say that?

End of the story for me, we can go back on topic.

Last edited by saturno_v; 10-03-2015 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Thanks for allowing us to now go back on topic, but it doesn't work that way. Gave you multiple warnings, but you still had to push further.

Like a toddler testing the limits, 2 weeks is the penalty, and with that this thread is done.

Last edited by Mr Hyde; 10-03-2015 at 03:45 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mr Hyde:
a35tl (03-04-2016), wlkeel (10-03-2015)
Old 10-03-2015, 03:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
Like a toddler testing the limits....2 weeks.
Smelled that one coming.

Last edited by a35tl; 10-03-2015 at 03:38 PM.