From Running to Acc?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 11:41 AM
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts
From Running to Acc?

Is there a way to turn off the car without turning the power completely off? This is the first push-button-start car that I have owned. In my previous car (3G TL), if I was on a phone call and I reached my destination, I could turn the car off, but only to ACC, and still maintain the phone call. Now, with the TLX, I have to either leave the car running while I'm parked, or transfer the phone call to the phone. Any way around this? I would like to be able to maintain the hands-free connection once I turn the car off.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:54 AM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
Originally Posted by BookemDanole
Is there a way to turn off the car without turning the power completely off? This is the first push-button-start car that I have owned. In my previous car (3G TL), if I was on a phone call and I reached my destination, I could turn the car off, but only to ACC, and still maintain the phone call. Now, with the TLX, I have to either leave the car running while I'm parked, or transfer the phone call to the phone. Any way around this? I would like to be able to maintain the hands-free connection once I turn the car off.
I'm pretty sure my Honda would go to ACC mode if you turned the car off while it was stopped and still in drive.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:47 PM
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut
I'm pretty sure my Honda would go to ACC mode if you turned the car off while it was stopped and still in drive.
this would be true on the 4 cylinder (and is true on all the previous Acuras with keyless start), but on the V6 TLX with the push button gear selector, the car will automatically go into Park and then shut off the car. The only way around this I can think of is to use the "car wash mode" by pressing N for neutral and then press the engine start/stop button within 5 seconds. This will go from run to acc, but keep in mind the car will be in NEUTRAL so you will want to make sure the parking brake is set. The car will stay in acc mode for 15 minutes and then shut off and put the car back into park.
The following users liked this post:
BookemDanole (11-07-2014)
Old 11-07-2014, 10:22 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A few years back I noticed that in the Infiniti G35/G37 you could achieve this (running to directly acc) by double tapping/pressing the start button. I have tried that in my TL and it doesn't work - wondering if that works in your TLX by any chance.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:43 AM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
My CLK with "keyless Go" goes into ACC after one tapping and shuts off when the driver side door is open to exit.
TLX, I always put in in Park and tapping the start button by habit...Them it shuts off.. kinda annoying especially when you are talking to on the phone..
Well time to re-train my muscles i guess ^^
Old 11-08-2014, 04:16 AM
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
If you have a 4 cylinder, with the car in park and still running, try holding the gear shift selector button in and press the start/stop button at the same time..works in my MDX and my wife's RDX..not sure if the same with the V6 TLX with the push button transmission. Otherwise should be in your manual somewhere.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:26 AM
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Once stopped, try shifting from Drive to, and staying, on Neutral. Then push the Start button once, which should shut the motor off, leaving the car in Acc mode.

Works in my Infiniti M. I'll try it later in my wife's '15 RDX.
clk350 (11-08-2014)
Old 11-08-2014, 06:31 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by benromana
Once stopped, try shifting from Drive to, and staying, on Neutral. Then push the Start button once, which should shut the motor off, leaving the car in Acc mode.

Works in my Infiniti M. I'll try it later in my wife's '15 RDX.
Thanks, but when I do that the car automatically shifts to park and shuts off.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:38 AM
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks, but when I do that the car automatically shifts to park and shuts off.
Oh, should've asked if you have the 4 or 6 cyl. Reading a previous post, looks like the car wash mode might be the answer. Cheers.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts
Seems there should be a better way without leaving the car in neutral.

I would see the opportunity for rolling issues since you may become distracted while on the phone.

There should be a better way.

Seems like doing a transfer is the safest option, besides leaving the car running and wasting gas.

Maybe they will put it in the next software update?
Old 11-08-2014, 03:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by tlxsteve
Seems there should be a better way without leaving the car in neutral.

I would see the opportunity for rolling issues since you may become distracted while on the phone.

There should be a better way.

Seems like doing a transfer is the safest option, besides leaving the car running and wasting gas.

Maybe they will put it in the next software update?
You can, of course, push the button to shut off the car completly and then press it again without pressing on the brake and the car will go into acc mode and be in Park at the same time.
Old 11-08-2014, 03:39 PM
Intermediate

For my I4 TLX, as suggested, put it in to N, parking brake on and then press start/stop button to get into ACC mode. you will get a warning "shift to P".
After done with a phone call, put it in to P to shuts it off completely or restart.
It works pretty well for me.
xiaosongz (11-10-2014)
Old 11-08-2014, 04:51 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by heisnuts
You can, of course, push the button to shut off the car completly and then press it again without pressing on the brake and the car will go into acc mode and be in Park at the same time.
Yeah, but my whole point is that when the car is shut off completely, the phone call hangs up as well. I would like to be able to shut off the car and have it go straight to ACC; similar to what you can do with a traditional key ignition.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by heisnuts
I thought about that, but someone mentioned that they wanted to keep their bluetooth call going. That would cause a drop of connection.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by clk350
For my I4 TLX, as suggested, put it in to N, parking brake on and then press start/stop button to get into ACC mode. you will get a warning "shift to P".
After done with a phone call, put it in to P to shuts it off completely or restart.
It works pretty well for me.
I guess that is worth a try on my next test.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Post So close, yet so far

Yeah, but my whole point is that when the car is shut off completely, the phone call hangs up as well. I would like to be able to shut off the car and have it go straight to ACC; similar to what you can do with a traditional key ignition.
I was so close to offering a solution for I4s but its not an acceptable solution.

I found that before I turned off the TLX, I put it in Park, kept my foot on the brake and held back on the gear shifter knob button. I then hit the power off button. It went into Acc mode. It actually said it on the OMD. The power remained on as long as I held the gear shifter knob button. Once I left go, the car shut off. I was so close. While in this weird Acc mode, the power light LED is flashing green.

I did try once more and before I let go of the gear shifter knob button, I pressed the start button again, once the engine stopped. This time it switched to ON or Acc-2. It stayed in the on position, not the Accessory position when I let go of the button.

Maybe there is a key sequence I missed.

I know it is not acceptable for the I4 and not even a chance on the V6 but maybe it gives us a hope to search further on both.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:22 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tlxsteve
I thought about that, but someone mentioned that they wanted to keep their bluetooth call going. That would cause a drop of connection.
Steve,

not as convenient as my CLK but you get used to it...eventually^^
tlxsteve (11-09-2014)
Old 11-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts
My RLX does this, too. Frustrating. Luckily, in my hybrid, the engine shuts off if I keep the car on, so I'm not wasting gas. The only solution for you guys with the push button trans control is the car wash mode, which also works in my RLX.

Acura needs to issue a STAT software patch for this issue for both cars.
tlxsteve (11-09-2014)
Old 11-09-2014, 07:50 AM
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 38 Posts
I think I might have stumbled into a way to do this...

Coming from a 4g 6mt, I am used to parking, hitting start/stop button, then putting on the emergency brake.

If you hit the start stop button without the car in park, it will put the car in park and turn to accessory mode....

At least it did for me last night in my v6 TLX.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by qwxilvr
I think I might have stumbled into a way to do this...

Coming from a 4g 6mt, I am used to parking, hitting start/stop button, then putting on the emergency brake.

If you hit the start stop button without the car in park, it will put the car in park and turn to accessory mode....

At least it did for me last night in my v6 TLX.
I heard other V6'ers say putting it back into Park shut off the car. They said you had to leave it in neutral or park and apply the parking brake.

Can you verify your findings?
Old 11-09-2014, 02:23 PM
Instructor

I will try it again and try it specifically, rather than accidentally which I have done a couple of times now...
tlxsteve (11-09-2014)
Old 11-09-2014, 04:25 PM
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts
I am surprised about this. On my 2010 TL-w/Tech, if I am on a phone call and I turn off the car, it does not drop the call. The call stays on the hands-free speaker until I hang up even though the engine is off.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:35 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by RenoTL
I am surprised about this. On my 2010 TL-w/Tech, if I am on a phone call and I turn off the car, it does not drop the call. The call stays on the hands-free speaker until I hang up even though the engine is off.
My 2008 TL w/Navi does the same thing. It won't drop the hands free call when I shut off the car.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:35 PM
Instructor

I can confirm, that if you hit the start/stop button while in D and stopped (on the 9sp cars) you will be placed in P and with the car in accessory mode...
The following 2 users liked this post by qwxilvr:
smoore (11-10-2014), tlxsteve (11-10-2014)
Old 11-10-2014, 05:14 AM
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts
I can confirm, that if you hit the start/stop button while in D and stopped (on the 9sp cars) you will be placed in P and with the car in accessory mode...
Thank you. I think you have solved the problem.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:53 AM
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts
I have a V6 Tech (9 speed), and I can confirm that this does NOT work for me.
If I hit the start/stop button while in Drive and stopped- the car is placed into Park, but turns off completely (and not in Accessory mode). My call is dropped.
tlxsteve (11-10-2014)
Old 11-10-2014, 07:12 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by NJToyMan
I have a V6 Tech (9 speed), and I can confirm that this does NOT work for me.
If I hit the start/stop button while in Drive and stopped- the car is placed into Park, but turns off completely (and not in Accessory mode). My call is dropped.
Ok, let me be more precise.

I can confirm that on MY car (2015 TLX sh-awd Elite), if I hit the start/stop button while I am stopped with my foot on the brake and in drive, the transmission is placed in Park, and the car is in accessory mode as shown on the MID.

Oh and I can think of one other thing that might be skewing my results: idle stop was on, and the car "turned off" before I ran the test. I got it to turn on by adjusting the pressure on the brake pedal while still keeping the car stopped. Then I did the above.

I was asked if I could confirm what I had done accidentally a couple of times, and I did that.

I am sorry it doesn't work for you.

Last edited by qwxilvr; 11-10-2014 at 07:19 AM.
tlxsteve (11-10-2014)
Old 11-10-2014, 08:55 AM
Instructor

Ok, let me be more precise.

I can confirm that on MY car (2015 TLX sh-awd Elite), if I hit the start/stop button while I am stopped with my foot on the brake and in drive, the transmission is placed in Park, and the car is in accessory mode as shown on the MID.

Oh and I can think of one other thing that might be skewing my results: idle stop was on, and the car "turned off" before I ran the test. I got it to turn on by adjusting the pressure on the brake pedal while still keeping the car stopped. Then I did the above.

I was asked if I could confirm what I had done accidentally a couple of times, and I did that.

I am sorry it doesn't work for you.
I wonder if there is a difference between the US cars and Canada cars. In the US, if the start/stop button is pressed with the car stopped on the V6 cars, the car goes into Park and the car goes to the OFF mode.
tlxsteve (11-10-2014)
Old 11-10-2014, 10:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Guess we need a chart with the various options set with a type of vehicle listed. So far I have only seen one person get this to work. Crazy.