NavTool For 2015+ TLX

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 07:59 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeyk24
Is everything still looking on schedule to have this released soon? Like this month?
yes but we dont have 50 people on group buy yet
Old 12-12-2015, 08:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
C'mon guys, two more to make this group buy happen.....
Old 12-12-2015, 08:59 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by navtool.com
yes but we dont have 50 people on group buy yet
Not to be a downer but my name should not be on here twice.

There's no way you guys would do a group buy with just 47 names? I mean we are all willing to pay you immediately on release and that's 12,600 bucks from just one forum and just one model.

I think it's worth your while Navtool.. that's just my opinion.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:47 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Need only one more now
Old 12-14-2015, 12:01 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
Need only one more now
Again, for some reason I am on this list TWICE.. not accurate. We still need two more people!!
Old 12-16-2015, 12:15 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any idea what's the screen resolution of the Acura TLX 2015?
Old 12-16-2015, 12:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by luferbu
any idea what's the screen resolution of the acura tlx 2015?
480p
Old 01-04-2016, 02:54 PM
5th Gear

we don't charge credit cards until products are shipped , if you were charged for something email sales@navtool.com, but i never heard of anything like that
My credit card was charged on 12/23, does this mean you already shipped the product? I didn't receive any confirmation or tracking number so far.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:21 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by luferbu
My credit card was charged on 12/23, does this mean you already shipped the product? I didn't receive any confirmation or tracking number so far.
My card was also charged on 12/23. Not a huge deal, I just want to make sure we are still looking good to ship on 1/26. Thanks!
Old 01-04-2016, 03:34 PM
Banned

My card was also charged on 12/23. Not a huge deal, I just want to make sure we are still looking good to ship on 1/26. Thanks!
hI

IF you signed up for pre-order credit card is charged during at the time pre-order is placed
Old 01-04-2016, 03:44 PM
Advanced

hI

IF you signed up for pre-order credit card is charged during at the time pre-order is placed
Makes sense to me man and that is the case! Excellent!

Thank you for the quick reply.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:23 PM
5th Gear

hI

Thanks for the clarification, I got confused with your previous message. Looking forward to the final product!
Old 01-05-2016, 11:17 AM
5th Gear

Any recommendation for front/side cameras?
Old 01-05-2016, 01:17 PM
Cruisin'

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Just seen this, can I still get in on the pre-orders?
Old 01-05-2016, 04:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RigorousXChris
Just seen this, can I still get in on the pre-orders?
please PM
Old 01-18-2016, 11:40 AM
Advanced

Just curious but do you guys have a video yet of the install process for this on the TLX? I can't imagine it will be too difficult of a job and will undoubtedly be doing this myself.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-18-2016, 11:45 AM
4th Gear

Does anyone have this on their TLX yet?
Old 01-18-2016, 11:58 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by GCal50
Does anyone have this on their TLX yet?
No, has not been released yet.. But a bunch of us pre-ordered in a group buy and it is set to ship on January 26th.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:42 PM
Advanced

Just checking in!! Getting pumped about Navtool.. so many functions I will use every day!

Still on schedule to ship on Tuesday? Thanks in advance!!!
Old 01-26-2016, 06:14 PM
Banned

hi we regret to inform you, we had a bit of a delay with a release, we will be posting an updated shipping date.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience we may have cause you
Old 01-27-2016, 09:31 AM
Advanced

hi we regret to inform you, we had a bit of a delay with a release, we will be posting an updated shipping date.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience we may have cause you
Look, I'm REALLY not trying to start a problem or anything.. But you basically just charged 50 members a total of $14,000 for a product over a month ago and now don't have any kind of shipping date to offer. As of now we are all out $280 apiece without any product.

Im putting faith in Acurazine and NavTool that this is NOT some sort of scam.. But it would be helpful if you guys would give us members of this group buy SOME kind of reassurance here as we all work hard for our money and have been waiting for this for quite a while now.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.. If the tables were turned and you had sent us a product and none of us had paid you yet, I know you would feel the same way we all do.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:11 AM
Banned

Look, I'm REALLY not trying to start a problem or anything.. But you basically just charged 50 members a total of $14,000 for a product over a month ago and now don't have any kind of shipping date to offer. As of now we are all out $280 apiece without any product.

Im putting faith in Acurazine and NavTool that this is NOT some sort of scam.. But it would be helpful if you guys would give us members of this group buy SOME kind of reassurance here as we all work hard for our money and have been waiting for this for quite a while now.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.. If the tables were turned and you had sent us a product and none of us had paid you yet, I know you would feel the same way we all do.
hi, this is not a scam, we been a vendor here for number of years, and we have many members on this board that use our product,

We are sorry about the delay , it should be resolved soon
Old 01-27-2016, 10:15 AM
Advanced

hi, this is not a scam, we been a vendor here for number of years, and we have many members on this board that use our product,

We are sorry about the delay , it should be resolved soon
I do appreciate your response, and I HOPE you know I am NOT trying to start any issues or anything like that.. I've been burned in the past on other purchases (not by you guys at all).. And just want to make sure to play it safe. Thanks for getting back to me! :-)
Old 01-27-2016, 10:17 AM
Banned

I do appreciate your response, and I HOPE you know I am NOT trying to start any issues or anything like that.. I've been burned in the past on other purchases (not by you guys at all).. And just want to make sure to play it safe. Thanks for getting back to me! :-)
It's no problem
Old 01-27-2016, 12:06 PM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
Hey Navtool et all, I've been waiting for a right moment for a big "I told you so" but I feel like I'd be doing a big disservice to the rest of the community by waiting too long.

Delays with navtool was legendary when I first "purchased" this non-existing module for my 2015 Base TLX back in December 2014 (not a typo). I made the purchase through their website which was broken (it still is) and as I ordered the module I called and emailed to ensure they were giving me the newly built TLX module.

I was quite looking forward to this item and even started a thread

https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-b...ng-tlx-922579/

Then I waited and called and waited and called for months up until May of 2015 when I got sick of their excuses and requested a refund (Yes I was charged upon purchase not upon shipping).

The refund process wasn't easy either. At some point I had to call American Express to contact Navtool (they wouldn't respond to my emails anymore) to get my money back. Oh but that didn't end there. Next month I see the charge again on my bill upon which American Express had to block the seller from charging my card in any foreseeable future.

When this group buy came to light my first reaction was "what hell did I buy then back in 2014?" but I understood that small shops can only do one major car at a time (and that's upon availability of a vehicle for testing too) and perhaps it was finally the TLX's turn. Nonetheless, based on my experience with navtool, I was about 95% sure this would see a delay this month.

Don't get me wrong I really want this to work which it's why I didn't voice my opinions strongly across this thread until now. Besides I've more or less made my opinions known in my own thread which if you read it you'll find me quite neutral about the issue. At least for a guy who waited 6 months for a non-existing products that is. But I have a feeling, and chances are, that this is going to become a shit-storm of a sorts for both the seller and the group who bought into this.

All I really wanted was for Navtool to know this: I hope you're really working on this this time around. I'm sure otherwise you'll find TLX owners who forked this kickstarter for you who are less kinder and less patient than me.

Oh and fix your damn website. My TLX is NOT a TSX.

Last edited by baelim; 01-27-2016 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-27-2016, 12:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by baelim
Hey Navtool et all, I've been waiting for a right moment for a big "I told you so" but I feel like I'd be doing a big disservice to the rest of the community by waiting too long.

Delays with navtool was legendary when I first "purchased" this non-existing module for my 2015 Base TLX back in December 2014 (not a typo). I made the purchase through their website which was broken (it still is) and as I ordered the module I called and emailed to ensure they were giving me the newly built TLX module.

I was quite looking forward to this item and even started a thread

https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-b...ng-tlx-922579/

Then I waited and called and waited and called for months up until June of 2015 when I got sick of their excuses and requested a refund (Yes I was charged upon purchase not upon shipping).

The refund process wasn't easy either. At some point I had to call American Express to contact Navtool (they wouldn't respond to my emails anymore) to get my money back. Oh but that didn't end there. Next month I see the charge again on my bill upon which American Express had to block the seller from charging my card in any foreseeable future.

When this group buy came to light my first reaction was "what hell did I buy then back in 2014?" but I understood that small shops can only do one major car at a time (and that's upon availability of a vehicle for testing too) and perhaps it was finally the TLX's turn. Nonetheless, based on my experience with navtool, I was about 95% sure this would see a delay this month.

Don't get me wrong I really want this to work which it's why I didn't voice my opinions strongly across this thread until now. Besides I've more or less made my opinions known in my own thread which if you read it you'll find me quite neutral about the issue. At least for a guy who waited 7 months for a non-existing products that is. But I have a feeling, and chances are, that this is going to become a shit-storm of a sorts for both the seller and the group who bought into this.

All I really wanted was for Navtool to know this: I hope you're really working on this this time around. I'm sure otherwise you'll find TLX owners who forked this kickstarter for you who are less kinder and less patient than me.

Oh and fix your damn website. My TLX is NOT a TSX.
how did you purchase one if we dont even have it listed on the site as TLX , the tlx link takes you to and older TSX model
Old 01-27-2016, 12:17 PM
Racer

I bought the RLX module after emailing you guys for confirmation that the TLX module would be shipped. Want me to dig the email as well?
Old 01-27-2016, 06:40 PM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Navtool,

Having been screwed over on Kickstarter recently for an iPhone case I backed, I'm a bit leery of what is now transpiring. (Not navtool related), i'm very close to requesting a refund on this item.

You've given no reason as to the delay, nor a revised shipping day. In my eyes, there's no clarity here.

Why not be totally transparent with everyone?

Last edited by LAMike240; 01-27-2016 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:50 PM
Banned

hi, we are waiting for some plug and play harnesses, we will be updating shipping date shortly. We sold many versions of our products on this forum including HDMI version fro 2010-2014 vehicels, everyone is happy. If you cant wait you can cancel your order and reorder at a later date at a retail price.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:55 PM
Racer

Thank you. That's all you had to say. Looking forward to receiving my unit.
Old 01-30-2016, 05:05 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
It's not like you are buying from Apple or Samsung. This company is probably just a few guys that put out low quantity products. They are not going to sell a million of these. So they offer you a deal to raise capitol to buy parts, get PCBs made, do some testing. That's kind of the deal, you get a discount, but you might not get it when you expected. I did some research on this product and I'm interested, but I decided to wait and see how it works out, how the install goes etc. My cost for waiting is I pay retail. I'm okay with that. I'm sure you'll get the product. They do seem legit, but they are a very small company, probably working out of a garage somewhere.
Old 01-30-2016, 05:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
It's not like you are buying from Apple or Samsung. This company is probably just a few guys that put out low quantity products. They are not going to sell a million of these. So they offer you a deal to raise capitol to buy parts, get PCBs made, do some testing. That's kind of the deal, you get a discount, but you might not get it when you expected. I did some research on this product and I'm interested, but I decided to wait and see how it works out, how the install goes etc. My cost for waiting is I pay retail. I'm okay with that. I'm sure you'll get the product. They do seem legit, but they are a very small company, probably working out of a garage somewhere.
we have been making products for 12 year, high quality, 100% made in USA 100% automotive grade. We are very well known on this forum including for having exclusive products for Acura models, and we are not a small company working out of garage. You should buy one of our products and take it apart, you'll be surprised.

P.S.
Your entire theory is wrong, this isn't a kickstarter project.
Old 01-31-2016, 12:19 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
we have been making products for 12 year, high quality, 100% made in USA 100% automotive grade. We are very well known on this forum including for having exclusive products for Acura models, and we are not a small company working out of garage. You should buy one of our products and take it apart, you'll be surprised.

P.S.
I actually said 'Quantity' not 'Quality.' I'm sure you make a fine product, but you are a small company. I didn't use the term Kickstarter but it is similar to that. You took orders and money for a product that you did not have to sell that was in some state of development. I think most people knew that when they placed the order. That is why they got a discount. That is the whole point of this pre-order thread. Maybe your company is not new, but the product certainly is, or at least this version of it is. When you go to your website and try to order the product for the TLX it takes you to the TSX order page instead. So it is not available on your website either.

I look forward to seeing the posts from those who have pre-ordered and installed this product. I think it could be a very useful product for me. I'm just going to wait to see after they ship and are installed and I see some feedback from users.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:11 PM
Racer

Hey there's an idea. Why don't you guys take one apart and make a video? Heck a video tour of your large company might help too.

P.S.
Old 01-31-2016, 04:35 PM
8th Gear

Based on the Navtool BBB rating and complaints, I'll pass for now. Hope it works out for the folks who have already sent them a payment.

BBB Business Review (C-)
Old 01-31-2016, 06:38 PM
Banned

We have been on this forum alone for right around 10 years, plenty of members use our products on this board, we even have products for Acura vehicles that no one else in the world offers.

we got 12 complaints in last 3 years, we ship thousand of units weekly, sorry cant make everyone happy.

Checkout apple BB they get 1000 of complaints daily.

If you aren't part of pre-order, please limit what you post as I can't answer question of people that are part of the pre-order.

P.S.

There is over 500 threads on this forum about our products, people like our product and product quality

Last edited by navtool.com; 01-31-2016 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:25 PM
Racer

12 complaints in 3 years? I'm sure they have shipped many many more that that. A drop in the bucket. So far they have only missed 1 delivery date and have given an estimated new one. I say we cut them some slack and let them focus on getting the units complete and out.
The following users liked this post:
navtool.com (01-31-2016)
Old 01-31-2016, 09:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LAMike240
12 complaints in 3 years? I'm sure they have shipped many many more that that. A drop in the bucket. So far they have only missed 1 delivery date and have given an estimated new one. I say we cut them some slack and let them focus on getting the units complete and out.
we want to ship perfectly working product as we have been doing here for many years.
The following users liked this post:
LAMike240 (01-31-2016)
Old 02-01-2016, 07:31 AM
Advanced

We have been on this forum alone for right around 10 years, plenty of members use our products on this board, we even have products for Acura vehicles that no one else in the world offers.

we got 12 complaints in last 3 years, we ship thousand of units weekly, sorry cant make everyone happy.

Checkout apple BB they get 1000 of complaints daily.

If you aren't part of pre-order, please limit what you post as I can't answer question of people that are part of the pre-order.

P.S.

There is over 500 threads on this forum about our products, people like our product and product quality
I was one of the first people on here to get worried about the ship date being missed.. But honestly, sometimes I think we all just need to take a step back before jumping the gun (like I did).

I am glad to wait and very much looking forward to your product!
Old 02-01-2016, 12:13 PM
Racer

Actually this is the 2nd delay (December 24 being the original shipping date) and technically they haven't mentioned when the next estimated shipping date will be.

Originally Posted by LAMike240

Quick Reply: NavTool For 2015+ TLX