Factory Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 02:49 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Factory Accessories

What factory offered (or dealer offered for that matter) accessories did you purchase with your TLX? Did you buy them outright, include with financing, or were they "thrown in" as part of your purchase?

I'm thinking specifically about items such as the heated steering wheel, remote start system, illuminated door sills and the various paint protection films for the door edges, hood, trunk plate etc.
Attached Thumbnails Factory Accessories-int-acc-door-sill-illuminated-spec.jpg  
Old 12-04-2017, 07:16 PM
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got the illuminated door sills and rear bumper appliqué. I haggled on the price of the accessories and install cost as part of my negotiating with the price of the car. The applique was thrown in as an extra. For the door sills I went back and forth with the sales manager a couple of times to get the price down to where I wanted.

Everything was then rolled into my financing.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 319 Likes on 228 Posts
I got the sunshade and the backseat cover for my dog.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:50 AM
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts
I had the dealer install remote start before delivery. Worth every penny! I purchased the all season floor mats, illuminated door sills and the black trunk badges online after the sale and installed all myself. The lighted sills should have been factory installed, everyone who has seen them comment on how great they look.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:41 AM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Greg D
I had the dealer install remote start before delivery. Worth every penny! I purchased the all season floor mats, illuminated door sills and the black trunk badges online after the sale and installed all myself. The lighted sills should have been factory installed, everyone who has seen them comment on how great they look.

How hard is it to install the door sills? Do they have a factory plug in or do you have to splice wires together to make them work?
Old 12-07-2017, 09:41 AM
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by KTDJ
How hard is it to install the door sills? Do they have a factory plug in or do you have to splice wires together to make them work?
Totally plug and play, no splicing at all. The kit comes with 2 wiring harnesses, one for each side. Behind the kick panels on the drivers & passengers side front footwell there is an existing plug. Connect the harness from the kit to the plug, run it along the floor under the carpet and plug it into each sill.

Here's the full install instructions:
http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/p...II05363-01.pdf
Old 12-07-2017, 10:59 AM
6 Forward 1 Back

Received 312 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by Greg D
Totally plug and play, no splicing at all. The kit comes with 2 wiring harnesses, one for each side. Behind the kick panels on the drivers & passengers side front footwell there is an existing plug. Connect the harness from the kit to the plug, run it along the floor under the carpet and plug it into each sill.

Here's the full install instructions:
http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/p...II05363-01.pdf
Ha, who would have thought it takes 65 steps and a 16 page manual to install door sills.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
I recently was happy I could remove and clean the hard to get at cabin fan and replace the cabin filter in my 2014 Altima. On a role, I was initially intrigued at the thought of installing the lit door sills as per the link above. By step 15 I realized that this project, for me, would be way too high on what I like to call the SF scale. Oh, I got paint protection and undercoating for less than a quarter of their price. They still made a few bucks and I have warranties and very minimal road noise.

Last edited by mapleloaf; 12-15-2017 at 11:49 PM.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:45 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
I just got the TLX OEM All Weather Floor Mats in the mail today and OEM Remote Start installed at the dealer today on my 2018 Acura TLX 3.5L V6 FWD "Technology" package. Happy with both. Next I'm considering getting a spare tire kit and installing it myself. I wonder if there's some way we can re-program the throttle response ourselves, and, exactly what's different about the RLX engine that gives it almost 20 more HP? Perhaps just a setting in the car's ECU? Would be nice if we could simply program 17 more HP into our TLXes.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:48 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Where is the dang "edit" button? I forgot to add: to get the remote start I "negotiated" with the dealer/finance dept. as I was unhappy with the price they had given me on the maintenance plan. The tried to offer me a $300 refund and I countered with this offer: "either you give me the remote start package, installed, or I cancel the maintenance plan today, period" They said "no problem, here's your paper that says "dealer owed: Remote Start" signed by the finance guy.

The floor mats I bought off eBay for $111 shipped with a limited time $15 off coupone from PayPal/eBay.