Anyone waiting for the 2016 Acura TLX?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 11:40 AM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts
I'm awaiting the 2018 MMC with the hopes that 1.) the wussy rims are upgraded by at least 1", or 2.) there is a "Type S" style variant.
In no rush to get rid of my '08 Civic.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:00 PM
Oliver!!!

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
If I do decide to get one, it won't be until at least the second model year. First model year cars can have issues that are corrected. Look at the 04 TSX and the radio and AC issues. Not all 04 TSX owners had the issues, but more 04s than any other model year in the 1G reported the issues. I'm not so much worried about the V6 and 9AT. The ZF unit is tried and true (minus the Jeep issues, but that's not ZF's fault). The DCT is a first for Honda though.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:45 PM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Due to the issues being reported with the DCT transmission, and the rocking back and forth of the car when stopping, I am now thinking about waiting until 2016.
The following users liked this post:
boe_d (04-22-2015)
Old 10-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts
OP's thread is valid and adequate. so respect the man.

i would also wait for next year's model simply because minor flaws will be fixed by then and major problem will be surfaced if there's any.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by enchantedsky
I'm going to wait a whole year for a 2016 Acura TLX.
Anyone else going to wait?
Not for 2016, but 2018.

I am leasing the 2015 TLX. I may buy a 2018 TLX at the end of this lease.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:11 PM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts
No, but will most likely get a 2016 ILX with the 2.4 with 8 speed DCT and LED headlights when it arrives in 6 months from now as an early 16 model in April. Imagine the performance with 700 lbs less weight.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:41 PM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
man i wish the wheels are better off...

I hate the look of the wheels especially on the i4...

i know people are saying that it can be easily replaceable or cheap... but i don't want the hassel to go somewhere and buy the wheel.. besides, i like to keep the car the way it is, never modding it..
Old 10-10-2014, 08:59 AM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by joflewbyu2
No, but will most likely get a 2016 ILX with the 2.4 with 8 speed DCT and LED headlights when it arrives in 6 months from now as an early 16 model in April. Imagine the performance with 700 lbs less weight.
If Acura let it happen
Old 10-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
I'm not sure I'm waiting, exactly, but I am watching.

I think that the RLX SH-AWD is going to be a hopeless wish. They're just not showing up in the East Coast dealerships and I already have 17,500 miles on my RLX Advance.

Nor am I attracted by the performance figures of the TLX SH-AWD as reported by reviewers so far.

So I don't think I'm waiting, but I'm sort of watching to see if something like a road going TLX "GT" appears. Who knows. It could happen.

:-)
Old 10-12-2014, 11:18 PM
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
I am going to wait for 2016 for the bugs to be worked out and if they don't have a "Type S" by then, Ill buy something else. I hate the current TLX's shallow seats, they were designed for short people, I am 6'2". Lexus and BMW have superior seats.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:33 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know when the 2016 TLX will be coming out?
Old 04-22-2015, 11:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 400 Likes on 282 Posts
Yes, later this year. Sorry I could not resist. Best bet is August.
whartonlee (04-22-2015)
Old 04-22-2015, 11:59 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Quandry
Yes, later this year. Sorry I could not resist. Best bet is August.
Thank you for your input.
Given that many of Acura's 2016 are already out (in the early part of 2015). I was wondering if anyone had a more firm timeline on the TLXs.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:54 PM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
Last year Acura started taking orders in July and started seeing delivery as early as October. By November Acura dealers had a hand full of base models to lease and offered 2.99APR for buyers. You could contact the dealers to see what they know but otherwise I would think that Acura wouldn't want to release the 2016 TLX til Fall just so it doesn't compete against the 2016 ILX this summer... or the 2016 RDX for that matter.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
You even added the "no offense" your post he was offended by.. *shrug*

Maybe he's having a bad day/week/month/year?
He originally thanked Insanik for his post. Somewhat bizarre to say the least. I always marvel at folks who want a luxury vehicle for a less than luxury price. To use an analogy, someone complained to me the other day that the scrambled eggs in the Ikea breakfast have to much water added. The breakfast of eggs, sausage and potatoes is 1 dollar!! you can't drive to the store for 1 dollar
Old 04-22-2015, 07:28 PM
Drifting

Received 241 Likes on 165 Posts
Interesting thread. I didn't really see any issue with the OP's post but his follow up probably wasn't the best.
Not sure who it was but is everyone actually paying MSRP or close to it for the TLX's ?
If so that would be a first. I have been able to get every single Acura I have owned new no more than 500 over invoice. It all comes down to when you buy it...if you get it the first month it comes out thats one thing but if you wait a few months, especially in December toward the end of the month you WILL get this car for around invoice. You just have to do some work for it--RE...check multiple dealers, be willing to travel a little, etc.....
Old 04-22-2015, 10:55 PM
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 20 Posts
I am waiting for 2016

Hoping for hybrid

If hybrid doesn't come out then I can settle for 4 cylinder tech

If the 2016 trims are similar to 2015, it's not a bad idea to buy leftover 2015s
boe_d (04-22-2015)
Old 04-23-2015, 10:30 AM
Three Wheelin'

Wondering if you have really thought this out completely. If you want a hybrid there is no compromise. Is the car that good that is a TXL or nothing?

- overall cost saving for a hybrid is questionable
- performance gains can be achieved with the V6
- Accord has hybrids and are nice cars
Stew4HD (04-23-2015)
Old 04-23-2015, 10:47 AM
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverJ
Interesting thread. I didn't really see any issue with the OP's post but his follow up probably wasn't the best.
Not sure who it was but is everyone actually paying MSRP or close to it for the TLX's ?
If so that would be a first. I have been able to get every single Acura I have owned new no more than 500 over invoice. It all comes down to when you buy it...if you get it the first month it comes out thats one thing but if you wait a few months, especially in December toward the end of the month you WILL get this car for around invoice. You just have to do some work for it--RE...check multiple dealers, be willing to travel a little, etc.....
I am the original poster for this thread...

I haven't followed up simply because you guys are very disrespectful towards people. I don't mean to generalize, but most of you are disrespectful, and don't deserve a reply. There is a better Acura TLX forum which is becoming more popular and is better than Acurazine.

And yes, you can get a TLX for below invoice. You prove nothing if you pay MSRP or higher for a car. A turd on wheels is still a turd on wheels whether you pay $1 or $40,000 (to quote someone else who posts on the TLX forum). I intend to pay $34,000 OUT THE DOOR (including tax) for the 4 cylinder with technology package.

I just want to thank the 2015 TLX drivers for beta testing this car. My 2016 TLX 4 cylinder with technology package will be perfect thanks to you figuring out the transmission problems and getting Acura to update them for me. It's not my money or time wasted here, it's yours simply because you lack the ability to delay gratification and bought a first year model car which has tons of problems (which will be worked out for the 2016 model year). Thanks!

By the way, the 4 cylinder will get Advance/Elite package features such as Collision Mitigating Braking System (CMBS) since Acura is making it STANDARD across all models when you buy Acurawatch, so it paid to wait for the 2016 model.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
^so, you call us disrespectful for calling a spade, a spade? Seems to me you need to grow some thicker skin. This is coming from a guy that gets made fun of plenty.

If you like your TLX site, you can keep your TLX site.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:49 PM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
I am the original poster for this thread...

I haven't followed up simply because you guys are very disrespectful towards people. I don't mean to generalize, but most of you are disrespectful, and don't deserve a reply. There is a better Acura TLX forum which is becoming more popular and is better than Acurazine.

And yes, you can get a TLX for below invoice. You prove nothing if you pay MSRP or higher for a car. A turd on wheels is still a turd on wheels whether you pay $1 or $40,000 (to quote someone else who posts on the TLX forum). I intend to pay $34,000 OUT THE DOOR (including tax) for the 4 cylinder with technology package.

I just want to thank the 2015 TLX drivers for beta testing this car. My 2016 TLX 4 cylinder with technology package will be perfect thanks to you figuring out the transmission problems and getting Acura to update them for me. It's not my money or time wasted here, it's yours simply because you lack the ability to delay gratification and bought a first year model car which has tons of problems (which will be worked out for the 2016 model year). Thanks!

By the way, the 4 cylinder will get Advance/Elite package features such as Collision Mitigating Braking System (CMBS) since Acura is making it STANDARD across all models when you buy Acurawatch, so it paid to wait for the 2016 model.
I guarantee you 2nd year owners will find similar problems in the same area if not elsewhere and that is because many ppl here are meticulous and not because the cars are bad.

I think I speak for a lot of folks here when I say that this is a community of folks who love their cars (some too much perhaps) and I encourage you to join it and not fight it.

Probably there are a lot of car veterans here rolling their eyes wondering if in 10 years from now anybody will remember ancient tech packages with fancy terms like "AcuraWatch." If such things help tip the scale good for you. You shouldn't need to excuse yourself for wanting a new car. You're paying for it after all.
The following 2 users liked this post by baelim:
HattoriHonda (04-23-2015), Stew4HD (04-23-2015)
Old 04-23-2015, 12:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
I am really sorry you feel that way about the members here. I think overall, people are extremely respectful and try to be helpful towards one another. As with anything in life, there are always some exceptions and despite the best people in the world, we still have the odd day where we cross the line of good taste. I would hope that you could see the goodness in most of the members here.

I you recall, I had replied to a post of yours in a very respectful manner and I got slammed pretty hard for it. I didn't hold a grudge or slammed you back...I have seen your other posts and you have said some very useful comments to help other members so I just thought it wasn't personal at me, or simply you were having a bad day.

So I would encourage you to reconsider leaving us, continue to contribute and just know that sometime, there is a little of testosterone happening here but its nothing personal

Stew4HD (04-23-2015)
Old 04-23-2015, 03:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

I haven't followed up simply because you guys are very disrespectful towards people. I don't mean to generalize, but most of you are disrespectful, and don't deserve a reply.
Opinionated for sure, but for there are only two or three that ft into the disrespectful category, and fortunately they only drop in occasionally. But we all have different levels of tolerance, sensitivity, and expectations. If the posts offend you that is too bad, and as you say there are other places to hang out.
Stew4HD (04-23-2015)
Old 04-23-2015, 03:43 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lately I"ve noticed that there have been a lot more personal attacks, bashing, and trolling on Azine. It doesn't feel like the same forum from the days when I first got my 3rd gen S.

But anyhow to get back on topic. I took delivery of a white tlx 2.4 tech and too was worried about the 1st year issues. But seeing how most issues are with the 9 speed and there's a warranty I feel much more comfortable. Also I've had very good experiences with my service advisor and acura client services. They fixed issues on my car even though it's heavily modded out and inches off the ground. To add to this I don't plan on keep the car more than 3 years. Will probably trade it in for the mmc.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:05 PM
Drifting

Opinionated for sure, but for there are only two or three that ft into the disrespectful category, and fortunately they only drop in occasionally. But we all have different levels of tolerance, sensitivity, and expectations. If the posts offend you that is too bad, and as you say there are other places to hang out.
I have no idea about the OP's history here on Azine, but looking at this thread on its own, I thought the original post wasn't meant to be offensive in any way and he was just asking if anyone else was waiting for the 2016 and
pointing out some of the legit problems some people have with the TLX(true) and that he doesnt want to pay MSRP for it(smart).

Insanik called his logic dumb, which it really wasn't, and then 4 or 5 other guys "thanked" him for that post. So I totally get why the OP was offended. Like I said earlier his follow up was ill advised but he got jumped on for no reason other than I would guess guys being defensive about the 35-40K they paid for their car.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

The last time I used the phrase "beating a dead horse" I got stomped on, but this debate does need to be discussed.

I did not consider the OP initial questions offensive, and rereading the reply from Insanik it did not seem disrespectful. His initial few words might have been hard but they were qualified at the end with "no disrespect". Take that qualification away then it could have been disrespectful, but he also then went on to provide a rational explanation of each point. If that is all we have to complain about then life is really wonderful.

Just my 2 cents.
Stew4HD (04-23-2015)
Old 04-23-2015, 08:58 PM
Drifting

The last time I used the phrase "beating a dead horse" I got stomped on, but this debate does need to be discussed.

I did not consider the OP initial questions offensive, and rereading the reply from Insanik it did not seem disrespectful. His initial few words might have been hard but they were qualified at the end with "no disrespect". Take that qualification away then it could have been disrespectful, but he also then went on to provide a rational explanation of each point. If that is all we have to complain about then life is really wonderful.

Just my 2 cents.
"No disrespect" and "no offense but..." usually accompany something that is disrespectful or offensive.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
^so, you call us disrespectful for calling a spade, a spade? Seems to me you need to grow some thicker skin. This is coming from a guy that gets made fun of plenty.

If you like your TLX site, you can keep your TLX site.
LOL, maybe a change in user name to disenchantedsky is in order?
Old 04-24-2015, 04:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverJ
"No disrespect" and "no offense but..." usually accompany something that is disrespectful or offensive.
With all due respect, that is the dumbest comment you've made yet JK

What you said is often true.
SilverJ (04-25-2015)
Old 04-25-2015, 05:52 PM
vbx
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
Sup with all the crying? Everyone knows 1st year model release have issues. Every car has issues. No need to get but hurt over this post.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:37 PM
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 89 Posts
The reason the others became critical of the original poster is because the original question made a bunch of early 1st year adopters insecure, by suggesting that they might be first year guinea pigs of a buggy new release. Simple as that.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:45 PM
Suzuka Master

And the trolls come out to play......
Old 04-27-2015, 11:31 AM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Yes I am waiting for the 2016s.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:26 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by hddnav
The reason the others became critical of the original poster is because the original question made a bunch of early 1st year adopters insecure, by suggesting that they might be first year guinea pigs of a buggy new release. Simple as that.
I don't quite see the logic in how the OP is making 1st year adopters insecure. He has valid points. First year adopters are essentially guinea pigs and I'm willing to make the generalization that it IS common knowledge that, if we're bleeding edge, it is expected that we bleed at times. It's the price we pay for being early adopters and no cars are perfect.

Now before the trolls start attacking me, we picked up a '15 TLX V6 FWD Tech recently. Nice car with lots of bells and whistles. With that said, my suggestion is to hold off and wait. Let's just say I'm not a fan of the VCM and leave it at that for now. It can use a few more years of refinement.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:33 PM
Suzuka Master

^ well said
Old 04-27-2015, 02:43 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
No necessarily true that first year models all have issue, and early adopters are beta testers. Had 09 TL, that thing was perfect, 80K mile not a single issue.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:03 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by open contact
No necessarily true that first year models all have issue, and early adopters are beta testers. Had 09 TL, that thing was perfect, 80K mile not a single issue.
On a lighter note, I remember the 09 TL very well. It may have not had many mechanical or technical issues but there was surely a cosmetic one that was addressed in the later models.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:18 PM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by open contact
Glad yours was problem free. My 09 SH-AWD had a strange rattle, and I had blown speakers replaced twice. Other than that, very solid car and I wish I had kept it longer.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:26 PM
Cruisin'

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I'm waiting for the AcuraWatch on the i4.

But I'm split between Lexus NX and TLX though...
Old 04-29-2015, 01:14 AM
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
No Type S or A spec, No Acura for me. F sport here I come. I buy Acura for the reason that it is about 15%, but they need to spice it up a bit as the car is a little bland. They also need more supportive seats that don't end half way down your leg, give them thing support for heavens sake. People do want to drive this car that are taller than 5'

Quick Reply: Anyone waiting for the 2016 Acura TLX?