Acura Loner Cars

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 07:15 AM
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 33 Posts
Acura Loner Cars

Ok a little bit of background, I moved from Dallas Texas, to Atlanta about 4 months ago. Every single time i took either my 2004 TL or my 2010 TSX to Acura for service or anything they ALWAYS gave me either a new TL or an RDX as a loner. So 2 days ago I took my new TLX in to my dealership in Atlanta to have and exterior/interior protection layer put on, 3m i believe? Anyways they gave me an ILX as a loner! Nothing wrong with the ILX, slow as anything but whatever. Considering I brought in a V6 TLX shouldn't they gave given me something different? I saw on the side of the dealership while driving out a number of loner cars, ranging from 2 TLX's to MDX's and they gave me an ILX!?! What kind of experience do you have with Acura's loner cars?

Last edited by ATLPatrick; 10-09-2014 at 07:20 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:27 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
I used to get TLs and an MDX when I used to get service and other things done on my TL
The following users liked this post:
ATLPatrick (10-09-2014)
Old 10-09-2014, 07:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
It's all dealership specific IMHO and what is available at the time. Did you request a TLX loaner? I've received everything from the new RLX to MDX, RDX and the 4GTL. I've never received an ILX. Not sure if my local dealer has them as loaners though.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:36 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ggesq
It's all dealership specific IMHO and what is available at the time. Did you request a TLX loaner? I've received everything from the new RLX to MDX, RDX and the 4GTL. I've never received an ILX. Not sure if my local dealer has them as loaners though.
I did not request a TLX, considering I bought one I would think they would give me one without me having to ask. But next time I will tell them I don't want an ILX. I'm fine with any other Acura, but I literally didnt even drive the ILX, I brought it home, got my IS and drove it for the rest of the day. I haven't had the chance to drive an RLX though, would love one of them as a loner

Last edited by ATLPatrick; 10-09-2014 at 07:39 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:37 AM
Pro

Received 197 Likes on 111 Posts
You can definitely request a vehicle type, I have done that and if they have it available they will gladly honor your request for a loaner.
The following users liked this post:
ATLPatrick (10-09-2014)
Old 10-09-2014, 08:55 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts
I'm happy with any Acura I receive.. Only time I asked for a different loaner was back when we brought in either our 05 or 08 MDX and they gave us an RSX.. That was too small, so they gave us a TSX.

I am just happy I get an Acura because when I have brought in my CTS-V for service I usually get a smoke smelling Chevy Cruze rental from Enterprise.. I don't mean to knock on the Cruze but seriously..

When I would bring in my wife's previous ML's in for service we would get another ML, GLK, C or E Class. Same with Lexus, Infiniti and of course Acura..

IMO,Cadillac doesn't get it, if they want to be considered a premium brand in the same breath as MB, BMW, Lexus etc.. They should at least give you a Cadillac loaner and not an Enterprise rental.

Sorry I drifted off a little...

Last edited by JT4; 10-09-2014 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:04 AM
Instructor

Received 102 Likes on 50 Posts
My local dealer uses TSX sedans and wagons. I really don't mind which loaner I get as long as it's the same make I'm driving. Kinda lets me check out the other models. Getting a chevy cruze as a caddy loaner would suck for sure. At least make it a malibu for cryin out loud.

Last edited by smoooov; 10-09-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:07 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JT4
I'm happy with any Acura I receive.. Only time I asked for a different loaner was back when we brought in either our 05 or 08 MDX and they gave us an RSX.. That was too small, so they gave us a TSX.

I am just happy I get an Acura because when I have brought in my CTS-V for service I usually get a smoke smelling Chevy Cruze rental from Enterprise.. I don't mean to knock on the Cruze but seriously..

When I would bring in my wife's previous ML's in for service we would get another ML, GLK, C or E Class. Same with Lexus, Infiniti and of course Acura.. A

IMO,Cadillac doesn't get it, if they want to be considered a premium brand in the same breath as MB, BMW, Lexus etc.. They should at least give you a Cadillac loaner and not an Enterprise rental.

Sorry I drifted off a little...
No its fine, I'm actually very surprised at Cadillac! I personally already consider them right there with MB and BMW, I love the ATS and the CTS-V is beyond awesome! They really should have a fleet of Cadillac loners! I mean heck if you own an Equus, Hyundai will come to your house and pick your car up for service, and leave you with a Genesis to drive! Sounds like Cadillac needs to get their together!

But that was an issue for me also, the size of the ILX. I'm 6"3' and I couldn't for anything find a comfortable seating position in the ILX. My head was nearly touching the sunroof! I wouldn't care if they gave me a 14' TSX or something. I haven't had my Lexus in for service yet, but back when I had my BMW's I always got 3 series or 5 series as a loner. I will be asking for a TLX specifically next time!
Old 10-09-2014, 09:27 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Originally Posted by ATLPatrick
No its fine, I'm actually very surprised at Cadillac! I personally already consider them right there with MB and BMW, I love the ATS and the CTS-V is beyond awesome! They really should have a fleet of Cadillac loners! I mean heck if you own an Equus, Hyundai will come to your house and pick your car up for service, and leave you with a Genesis to drive! Sounds like Cadillac needs to get their together!

But that was an issue for me also, the size of the ILX. I'm 6"3' and I couldn't for anything find a comfortable seating position in the ILX. My head was nearly touching the sunroof! I wouldn't care if they gave me a 14' TSX or something. I haven't had my Lexus in for service yet, but back when I had my BMW's I always got 3 series or 5 series as a loner. I will be asking for a TLX specifically next time!
As someone else said, next time request something larger and I'm sure Acura will take care of you.

Don't get me wrong I love my Caddy and my servicing dealership, both have been great..My issues are more with GM/Caddy who I keep hearing wants to be considered with the other premium brands but treat their customers as I mentioned..

My parents have had 7 Cadillacs over the years. My dad who is 71 also drives a CTS-V and my mom drives a 14 SRX. He uses a different dealer than me for service and he also receives an Enterprise rental.

Who knows maybe it's just the Caddy dealers in my area that are like this. Then again, I am talking about the NYC/LI area so hardly in the middle of no where.. LOL..

IMO the "big shots" at Caddy should go to my Acura dealer to see how it's supposed to be done.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Instructor

Received 159 Likes on 47 Posts
Which dealership? Acura Carland??
Old 10-09-2014, 09:41 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JT4
As someone else said, next time request something larger and I'm sure Acura will take care of you.

Don't get me wrong I love my Caddy and my servicing dealership, both have been great..My issues are more with GM/Caddy who I keep hearing wants to be considered with the other premium brands but treat their customers as I mentioned..

My parents have had 7 Cadillacs over the years. My dad who is 71 also drives a CTS-V and my mom drives a 14 SRX. He uses a different dealer than me for service and he also receives an Enterprise rental.

Who knows maybe it's just the Caddy dealers in my area that are like this. Then again, I am talking about the NYC/LI area so hardly in the middle of no where.. LOL..

IMO the "big shots" at Caddy should go to my Acura dealer to see how it's supposed to be done.
Yeah I would think any dealership especially higher end ones like Cadillac in the NY area would be better than most of the rest of the country. I do have a bit of experience with GM rentals/loners. Back in 2011 when I still lived in Dallas, I bought a 2012 Camaro SS off the showroom floor. Had the car for 2 months and the check engine light comes on, they take the car into service and try to give me an enterprise rental Cobalt! I refused to drive that car, I mean I used to have a Cobalt SS, but no way would I drive a base model Cobalt when I just bought a brand new Camaro SS. I demanded they find me something different, and they ended up pulling a new Equinox off the lot for me to drive. Long story short that car gave me more problems than I've ever seen so I sold it. But i guess i figured Cadillac would be greatly different than Chevy service wise.
But something tells me things will soon change. I mean with them moving their headquarters to NY, and hopefully launching a new ultra high end luxury sedan to rival Lexus LS and BMW 7 series they sound like they are on the right path. Hopefully Cadillac fleet loner cars will soon be available for you!
Old 10-09-2014, 09:42 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by PreludeVTEC01
Which dealership? Acura Carland??
Nope Jackson Acura up near Alpharetta. I haven't been to Carland, how is it?
Old 10-09-2014, 09:49 AM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,236 Likes on 1,023 Posts
Loaner car policy varies from dealer to dealer. I have always gotten the same model that i brought in for service, but I know timing and availability play into that. There might have been one time when I got a TSX, but I don't really remember. I know another dealer that has a fleet of TSXs for loaners. It's a big overhead item for dealers, so they approach it differently.
My wife brought her Lexus in for service at the local dealer and they bent over backwards apologizing, but ultimately put her in a Chevy Canyon pick up from Enterprise. They explained that although they do a pretty good job balancing rental availability with need, they can't control it if a customer doesn't bring it back on time.
They did knock something off the bill and gave us a free oil change coupon. Lexus treats their customers like kings and queens.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:05 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Originally Posted by NBP04TL4ME
Loaner car policy varies from dealer to dealer. I have always gotten the same model that i brought in for service, but I know timing and availability play into that. There might have been one time when I got a TSX, but I don't really remember. I know another dealer that has a fleet of TSXs for loaners. It's a big overhead item for dealers, so they approach it differently.
My wife brought her Lexus in for service at the local dealer and they bent over backwards apologizing, but ultimately put her in a Chevy Canyon pick up from Enterprise. They explained that although they do a pretty good job balancing rental availability with need, they can't control it if a customer doesn't bring it back on time.
They did knock something off the bill and gave us a free oil change coupon. Lexus treats their customers like kings and queens.
^ Good point and this I wouldn't have a problem with because as we know "stuff" happens..

But if my dealer had Cadillac loaners I would have rec'd one because I am always the first or second car waiting to be written up @ 7:00 am, I'm always early. But they simply don't provide Cadillacs as loaners or so I was told.

The other thing I forgot to mention. Not only does Cadillac not provide a Cadillac loaner but the Enterprise rep tries to up sell you insurance for $29/day.. I mean seriously,does anyone think MB, BMW, Acura, Lexus etc would allow this??
Old 10-09-2014, 10:10 AM
Instructor

Wow thats great to know about Lexus! I have always heard their customer service is next to unbeatable, and this proves it! Makes me glad I bought my IS350!
Old 10-09-2014, 10:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts
I took mine in for warning indicators coming on. Apparently it was a false alarm. They loaned to me a 2014 TSX Tech. Two weeks earlier I traded in a 2011 TSX Base. I enjoyed getting my 2015 TLX Tech back.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by JT4
^ Good point and this I wouldn't have a problem with because as we know "stuff" happens..

But if my dealer had Cadillac loaners I would have rec'd one because I am always the first or second car waiting to be written up @ 7:00 am, I'm always early. But they simply don't provide Cadillacs as loaners or so I was told.

The other thing I forgot to mention. Not only does Cadillac not provide a Cadillac loaner but the Enterprise rep tries to up sell you insurance for $29/day.. I mean seriously,does anyone think MB, BMW, Acura, Lexus etc would allow this??
Yeah, i would have guessed that a Caddie dealer would have Caddy loaners, but again -it varies from dealer to dealer. I havent been a GM guy for 25+ years. My father has been a Caddy guy forever but keeps them until they die, so am not up on what he is doing for loaner/rentals. At the same time he is retired and has two cars.
I'm assuming that the dealer is picking up the cost of the rental if your car is in for warranty covered work?? Maybe the dealer doesn't know Enterprise is doing this?

Originally Posted by ATLPatrick
Wow thats great to know about Lexus! I have always heard their customer service is next to unbeatable, and this proves it! Makes me glad I bought my IS350!
Across the board Lexus is awesome in this regard. They tend to be a little pricey for service and parts, but you are treated very well. Again I'm sure some of this varies from dealer to dealer but in my experience Lexus > Acura in terms of customer satisfaction. If you are looking to save a little coin, visit your local Toyota dealership. I do this for routine oil changes.
Our Lexus dealer is a billionaire (with a b) and owns something like 72 dealerships. Our Acura dealer is a millionaire (with an m) and owns about a dozen dealerships.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:47 AM
Instructor

Yeah, i would have guessed that a Caddie dealer would have Caddy loaners, but again -it varies from dealer to dealer. I havent been a GM guy for 25+ years. My father has been a Caddy guy forever but keeps them until they die, so am not up on what he is doing for loaner/rentals. At the same time he is retired and has two cars.
I'm assuming that the dealer is picking up the cost of the rental if your car is in for warranty covered work?? Maybe the dealer doesn't know Enterprise is doing this?

Across the board Lexus is awesome in this regard. They tend to be a little pricey for service and parts, but you are treated very well. Again I'm sure some of this varies from dealer to dealer but in my experience Lexus > Acura in terms of customer satisfaction. If you are looking to save a little coin, visit your local Toyota dealership. I do this for routine oil changes.
Our Lexus dealer is a billionaire (with a b) and owns something like 72 dealerships. Our Acura dealer is a millionaire (with an m) and owns about a dozen dealerships.
Thats amazing! I know you all have Herb Chambers up in Mass. I frequently go to Boston for business and whenever me and the guys go out after work and car talk comes up, Herb Chambers and his Bugatti, and all of his dealerships come up lol. I have a buddy that knows him. But I will keep that in mind about going to Toyota for oil changes. I don't usually mind paying a bit extra for great service, but with just a simple oil change, ill save the money!!
Old 10-09-2014, 04:32 PM
I like turtles

Received 139 Likes on 99 Posts
My dealer just downsized it's loaner fleet to ILX and RDX cars only. But, I dont care. I am thankful enough that I get a loaner car.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:38 PM
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Loaner

Today I just took my 2014 RDX AWD TECH in for a warranty issue, and they pulled around a 2014 RDX AWD for my loaner car. It was nice having the same car as mine since the controls are all familiar and I know where I like the seat settings. I agree they should try to match your vehicle if possible.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Redsand353
My dealer just downsized it's loaner fleet to ILX and RDX cars only. But, I dont care. I am thankful enough that I get a loaner car.
Not surprising. As I mentioned above, it's a huge overhead item for dealerships.

Originally Posted by Rekstrom
Today I just took my 2014 RDX AWD TECH in for a warranty issue, and they pulled around a 2014 RDX AWD for my loaner car. It was nice having the same car as mine since the controls are all familiar and I know where I like the seat settings. I agree they should try to match your vehicle if possible.
This is what typically happens at my dealer -
Old 10-09-2014, 09:38 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rekstrom
Exactly thank you! I always thought they typically would give one model up from what you have, trying to sell you on a more expensive car maybe? At least that was a feel I got way back from BMW, and even with my other Acura dealer. But here it just came across as they don't care! But I'm not worried about it, next time i'll just request a TLX. They really should honor that, their is no shortage of Acura dealers here and I have no problem going to a different one.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:12 PM
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I live at Waterloo, Ontario. I owned 05 tsx, 08 mdx, 12 mdx and just ordered a tlx shawd tech. I have been given all kinds of models except rl or rlx in the past 10 yrs, I got mdx most of the time, but did get csx and ilx each once. I think after drive the ilx, I guess most of the Acura owners won't downgrade their cars.
I also owned an 08 g37s coupe, my Infiniti dealer actually use enterprise too, but instead of their crap rental cars, I always can get a fully loaded 4dr g37. Well I always get pushed to buy the insurance and it takes me some time to be delivered from my dealer to enterprise, I get a same lvl loaner. I don't know why Cadi cannot just at least do the same as my infiniti dealer.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Leosliu
I live at Waterloo, Ontario. I owned 05 tsx, 08 mdx, 12 mdx and just ordered a tlx shawd tech. I have been given all kinds of models except rl or rlx in the past 10 yrs, I got mdx most of the time, but did get csx and ilx each once. I think after drive the ilx, I guess most of the Acura owners won't downgrade their cars.
I also owned an 08 g37s coupe, my Infiniti dealer actually use enterprise too, but instead of their crap rental cars, I always can get a fully loaded 4dr g37. Well I always get pushed to buy the insurance and it takes me some time to be delivered from my dealer to enterprise, I get a same lvl loaner. I don't know why Cadi cannot just at least do the same as my infiniti dealer.
That is at least good to know your Infiniti dealer uses premium rental cars, at can put you in a G37. I'm think not all Infiniti dealerships use rentals though, because I've seen a few Q50's driving around with the "Infiniti Loner" info on the rear window. Maybe it just depends on the dealer.

Same with Acura, I much prefer my Acura dealer in Atlanta to Goodson Acura in Dallas. My overall purchase process was much much better, and the service area is much nicer. The people seam to be less pushy also. When I bought my TSX I only did about a 10 minute test drive, and wasn't allowed an extended test drive. But with the TLX, even though its a new model, I was able to take it for the afternoon before purchase. I do know Goodson Acura in Dallas had a fleet of nearly 80 loner cars from what I was told, so maybe that plays a part in me always being given TL's. As much as I didnt like the ILX, after seeing how some Caddy/Infiniti dealers give rentals, I guess I won't complain anymore! But i'm still gonna ask for a TLX next time
Old 10-10-2014, 12:08 AM
shenanigans

Received 65 Likes on 36 Posts
I am just thankful that Acura gives me a loaner for free without hesitation.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:38 AM
Racer

Received 151 Likes on 68 Posts
Got an RLX tech when I dropped off my TLX for accessory installs that was nice.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:07 AM
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
At the dealer I use in Atlanta, it is always point and shoot. You want a ZDX? Sure! Hate the ILX? FUGETTABOUTIT! You really like the TSX sport wagon? No prob! It depends on the dealer specifically, but it never ceases to amaze me how people act at the dealer in regards to loaners. The best thing to do is call and reserve one. Don't just show up and expect one to be there. The dealer I use serves Metro Atlanta, so even if they have thirty loaners, they can disappear. I was waiting on my MDX once when a lady tried to rip a new hole to an associate because they were out of loaners. "But I have somewhere to be. At Phipps Plaza shopping with the girls," she says. This went on for twenty minutes... I said, "You and the million other people in Atlanta have somewhere to be. Pipe down while I attempt to enjoy my bagel." Even better, ask the loaner associate if they have any wild stories about loaner cars next time you get one. Geeez... Drugs, totaled cars, people driving from ATL to NYC and then back... Wild stuff.
The following 2 users liked this post by Acurafan86:
NBP04TL4ME (10-10-2014), Stew4HD (10-10-2014)
Old 10-10-2014, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Acurafan86
Even better, ask the loaner associate if they have any wild stories about loaner cars next time you get one. Geeez... Drugs, totaled cars, people driving from ATL to NYC and then back... Wild stuff.

Kind of makes the imagination run wild............
Old 10-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
I have a friend of mine that took his Mercedes E350 in (MB of Tampa) and the dealer gave him a C250...Needless to say he was not happy...

Last edited by ggesq; 10-10-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:53 AM
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
At every other dealer (all of them Chevrolet dealers) I ever purchased a car from, I never received a loaner. I would ask politely if there were any available and would be told that they do not give loaners due to liability issues. OK then.

I purchase my TSX and bring it in for service and was given a TL on one occasion and an RDX on another. Coming from Chevy dealers that don't give a crap about the customer, it was a pleasant surprise.

I definitely can't complain about the loaner situation from my dealer. Even if I got an ILX, still can't complain. It's far better than the old shoe leather express...
Old 10-10-2014, 10:57 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by damaged442
At every other dealer (all of them Chevrolet dealers) I ever purchased a car from, I never received a loaner. I would ask politely if there were any available and would be told that they do not give loaners due to liability issues. OK then.

I purchase my TSX and bring it in for service and was given a TL on one occasion and an RDX on another. Coming from Chevy dealers that don't give a crap about the customer, it was a pleasant surprise.

I definitely can't complain about the loaner situation from my dealer. Even if I got an ILX, still can't complain. It's far better than the old shoe leather express...
Indeed! I have a Honda Accord, the dealer I bought it from does not have loaners either.. they gave the same reason as you mentioned.. "Liability"

I got spoiled at Acura and Lexus dealers
Old 10-10-2014, 11:18 AM
CBP TLX

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
It depends on the dealer and your service tech.

I have had both my TSX and RDX serviced at my current local dealer (Sterling McCall Acura). I am always assigned the same service tech. He always never offer a loaner car. He tells me the my service doesn't qualify. Services done range from A1 to B2. Btw, both cars where purchased at different dealerships. (Kearny Mesa Acura & Autonation Acura)

Those dealers where great! An provided great service and always gave us an equal+ loaner car. But when we moved to our current location, the local dealer here for some reason just won't give us a loaner car. Don't know if anybody had the same experience with this dealer or if maybe the tech just doesn't like me. lol. Anyways, thinking of driving further to the next closest dealer to me for service next time... John Eagle Acura in Memorial.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:48 AM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
Originally Posted by damaged442

I took a beat up 10 year old Honda Accord in to the Honda shop for some service and they gave me a BRAND NEW Accord to take home for the night. I can guarantee you it had nothing to do with providing me good service - they knew exactly what they were doing!
Old 10-10-2014, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut
I took a beat up 10 year old Honda Accord in to the Honda shop for some service and they gave me a BRAND NEW Accord to take home for the night. I can guarantee you it had nothing to do with providing me good service - they knew exactly what they were doing!
I'm sure they did!
Old 10-11-2014, 10:30 AM
I like turtles

Received 139 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut
Dealers arent stupid. If the day ever comes I get a TLX for a loaner? Forget about it lol
Old 10-11-2014, 11:00 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts
Took the TLX in for a second time on same issue. Got another TLX 2014 Tech as a loaner. Last one was gray, this one is black. Glad I didn't get a black TLX.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:50 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
I really only took my '04 TL for service to one dealership during the 11 years I owned it (until the final repair) and I always got a TSX or TL from them except for maybe once when I showed possible interest in an RDX and got an RDX. For my new car, a different dealership gave me a loaner RDX while they put a new dash in it. I'm honestly not that picky. As long as I can get to work in the vehicle and it's got some pep to it, I know I'll be getting my "real" car back in a few days max, so no biggie. I think every dealership is different as to what they do, and it's limited to what they have available.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:10 PM
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
I've only had my 11 TL at the dealership for routine service. I've never had any other issues with the car. So far, very reliable. Only once was I given an ILX. The other times I always got a TL. Normally a Base model, but sometimes a Tech. The only complaint I have, is I have to call two weeks in advance to get a loaner. I'm not sure how the loaner situation would be handled if, say the car had to be in the shop for a few days because of a major problem. Hope I never have to find out. As an aside, I worked for auto dealerships for more than 22 years. The dealership insurance company really discourages loaner big time. For a number of years, I worked for an Acura dealership. We had four vehicles set up as loaners and we had to pay an outlandish rider premium to the insurance company. A number of stores I worked for did not have loaners at all, but we did have a shuttle service to take customers to work and back.

Last edited by Linmk2; 10-11-2014 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:20 PM
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts
You're doing pretty good if you got a loaner at all. I dropped at least $4k at the Boardman Acura dealer for about 4 or 5 things over a couple years and only got offered once when it was a 1 day fix. When I needed a radiator and it took a full week I walked home from the dealership, walked to buy groceries and eat everyday, and a week later walked back to pick it up.... @_@

Not that I can't walk or am too lazy, but, it would have been nice to be offered... especially since I was 100% loyal even to oil changes and so on.

Who knows maybe they expected me to ask for a "loaner" but I had no idea such a thing existed, since before in my life I had had every car repair ever (since the age of 15) done at Midas. They don't have stuff like that, Midas just likes to tell you you need a whole bunch of shit done that doesn't really need done and then have you come in a Saturday morning and waste your whole day waiting there.

Last edited by parasitius; 10-11-2014 at 03:22 PM.