Accessory mode on Power on/off buttom

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 02:51 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Accessory mode on Power on/off buttom

Question: Has anyone found any procedure to go to an "accessory mode" when turning the engine off?
Sometimes as I'm listing to FM/AM what have you, I miss certain portion of the broadcast because it takes a few seconds for the system to re-boot without engine running.
Acura tells me it does not exist.
David
Old 06-15-2018, 05:07 PM
6 Forward 1 Back

Received 312 Likes on 155 Posts
They're clueless if they say it doesn't exist. I actually found this by accident. If you turn off the car in any gear besides Park it goes into Accessory mode.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:04 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tried your suggestion...

Thanks Speed Racer,
I tried your suggestion, here is what happened:
If I turn the engine off, by pressing (start/Stop button) while in neutral, reverse or drive, the transmission goes automatically (defaults) into park.
2015 TLX 9 speed, V6, etc.
I tried it three times, same results.
What year is your TLX?,
Did you have your ZF 9 sp. transmission replaced (under warranty) due to a recall, I did in 2016?. The problem was: tranny never engaged in park while off.
IOW, unless I engaged the parking break, it would roll even when I had pressed park before turning engine off.
David
Old 06-15-2018, 08:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 319 Likes on 228 Posts
My 2015 advance goes into accessory mode if I leave it in N, engage the parking brake, and turn off the engine. I don't know if it'll work without the parking brake engaged. I've never tried as I always engage the parking brake out of habit.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:05 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 118 Posts
HERES THE ANSWER

That above listing about leaving it in gear, thats NOT for a the TLX V6. The older TLs for example and I haven't tried it but Im assuming the 4cyl TLX which has a regular shift lever might work

As mentioned above, you can put the car in "Car Wash Mode". To do that, press Neutral, within 5 seconds turn off the car and it will leave it in accessory mode. Make sure you apply the parking brake! Thats your only options there is no other way
Old 06-16-2018, 02:47 AM
6 Forward 1 Back

Received 312 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by LTBM
Thanks Speed Racer,
I tried your suggestion, here is what happened:
If I turn the engine off, by pressing (start/Stop button) while in neutral, reverse or drive, the transmission goes automatically (defaults) into park.
2015 TLX 9 speed, V6, etc.
I tried it three times, same results.
What year is your TLX?,
Did you have your ZF 9 sp. transmission replaced (under warranty) due to a recall, I did in 2016?. The problem was: tranny never engaged in park while off.
IOW, unless I engaged the parking break, it would roll even when I had pressed park before turning engine off.
David
Mine is a 2018 ASpec. It works as dezymond and Spoiler900 described it and only in Neutral. Drive or Reverse won't go into Accessory when you turn it off. It might not be working for you in Neutral if the door is open or your seatbelt is unbuckled. Auto Park would get engaged that way.

Old 06-16-2018, 05:19 AM
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by spoiler900
HERES THE ANSWER
[...]
As mentioned above, you can put the car in "Car Wash Mode". To do that, press Neutral, within 5 seconds turn off the car and it will leave it in accessory mode. Make sure you apply the parking brake! Thats your only options there is no other way
What he said. I confirm that it works on my 2018 V6 AWD. Before turning the car off, push N, then push the power button. It goes into ACC mode. I think it stays in ACC mode for about 20 minutes(?) then turns OFF automatically in order not to drain the battery.

Last edited by TSXV6Guy; 06-16-2018 at 05:21 AM.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:57 AM
Some Guy Who Loves Cars

Received 280 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by dezymond
My 2015 advance goes into accessory mode if I leave it in N, engage the parking brake, and turn off the engine. I don't know if it'll work without the parking brake engaged. I've never tried as I always engage the parking brake out of habit.
Originally Posted by spoiler900
HERES THE ANSWER
I'm not trying to resurrect a dead thread, but thanks for the info you guys. Very helpful. My TSX had a feature that I loved - its auxiliary system would run after turning the car off and removing the key from the ignition until the door was opened, then everything shut off. I could continue listening to whatever I was without interruption while waiting for whatever appointment I was at. The TLX has been harder to figure out. After months of cycling from on to off to accessory, I found this thread by googling "TLX accessory mode" and did some trial/error after rereading it a couple times.

The trick appears to be speed. You want to pull up to your parking spot, then pretty quickly shift to N, then apply parking brake, foot off brake, then hit power. It also works if you apply parking brake while in D, then shift to N, foot off brake, then hit power. If I don't do this sequence fast enough, tranny shifts itself to P and car shuts down. When it works, I timed it yesterday and the auxiliary system runs for 15 minutes, unless you turn it off sooner.