tire help/advise

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 01:14 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tire help/advise

Hi. I purchased my 2012 base Tl about 2 years ago. I'm a very spirited driver. My car had stock Brdgestones. I test drove some that had different tires and I forgot what they were. Fast forward 2 years I go shopping come out to a tire flat and looked like it had a 4 inch slit. I had Khomo Ecsta ASX on my previous Infiniti ( also front wheel drive ) and they were awesome. They're not made anymore so I did research and went with the ecsta 4x11. Ok. Idk but I use to be able to fly around people on a two lane. Put in sport mode and go. These tires have faster get go but they roll forever. So now I just floor it to do what I did in sport mode as sport mode does nothing now. I liked using it. I guess I became accustomed. I feel like at 60 I'm going 60 where as before felt like 30. The steering has a biiggr turning radius now when parking , pulling out of driveway. Looser feel. Bit I guess more responsive. Small curves I use to take at 40-45 now Kind of lean sideways type feel. I'm not the person who can just say " i'll gt use to it. I don't drie often so when I do it better be fun. Oh. I must say I really got to push them yeaterday ( as I had a Dr app and had 20 min to et 10 miles in heavy traffic. I'll say it started raining and I think it drove better in the rain? Can someone please give me some suggestions on what other tire may be better suited to my style? It may be that they roll to much?
Old 06-03-2017, 01:16 PM
Cruisin'

Sorry about the typos.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:49 AM
Safety Car

Received 486 Likes on 249 Posts
Since you live in Florida, I would ditch the all-season tires and get summer tires. You will see a significant increase in grip.

The higher up the chain you go in performance, the softer the compounds (Ultra High Performance Summer vs Max Performance Summer, etc). So they will wear quicker. But that's the tradeoff you will have to give.
The following users liked this post:
Stunning1 (06-05-2017)
Old 06-04-2017, 12:31 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks fot replying. Almost 70 views 1 reply. I don't wanna go with a summer. I've driven sports cars all my life and used UHP all season or touring. These get soft spots if it gets under 60 when the car sits. I wish 'd written down the 2 I test drove with the tires I liked. I noticed slippage yesterday when flying around and small curves handling is crap. How is I could take a 25 curve at 60 with the stock potenzas but at 45 with these no. The turning radius is way to large now and the roll too long. I see a lot of Contis on sporty cars. Come on this is an Acura forum. What tires do you guys have?!?
Old 06-04-2017, 12:35 PM
Cruisin'

Or Can someone post a link to a previous detailed tire thread. I searched with no luck. Thanks.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:38 PM
Safety Car

Well I tried to help but you seem like you're not open to any advice except what you want to hear.

Just curious, what does "roll too long" mean? Also, tires have nothing to do with your turn radius.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,392 Posts

Like wackjum, I was going to recommend a 'summer' tire as well like the Conti-ExtremeContact Sport; however, since you are dead-set on the tires in your mind the forum members below give what they list high marks.

Originally Posted by DMZ
Consumer Reports top rated UHP all season tires with their Recommended ratings include:

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 +
Continental DWS06
Pirelli
Pzero All Season Plus
BF Goodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S
(The tyiz I have)

Originally Posted by Jackass
And if you want to add in the Grand Touring tires....

Michelin Primacy MXM4
Michelin Premier A/S
Bridgestone Turanza Serenity+
Pirelli Cintuarto P7 AS+
General Altimax RT43

You need to determine your price range, needs, wants, and go search out what tire meets those requirements. Lots and lots of tire discussion already in the forums...as well as CR and tirerack tests/ratings/reviews.
Stunning1 (06-05-2017)
Old 06-04-2017, 02:25 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by wackjum
Well I tried to help but you seem like you're not open to any advice except what you want to hear.

Just curious, what does "roll too long" mean? Also, tires have nothing to do with your turn radius.
Never said that. They make one summer tire and it rains everyday for 4 months here so. Low rolling resistance I guess. If I were a guru on tires I wouldn't be here asking and since this is ( I thought) an all Acura driver forum I'd get better advice then reading though 1000's of reviews on tirerack were those reviewers may not be as spirited of a driver and be driving a truck or say a rear wheel drive which won't help me at all. But thanks for the response.
Old 06-04-2017, 02:27 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by zeta

Like wackjum, I was going to recommend a 'summer' tire as well like the Conti-ExtremeContact Sport; however, since you are dead-set on the tires in your mind the forum members below give what they list high marks.
Thanks. Could you perhaps link some threads I can read through?
Old 06-04-2017, 02:32 PM
Cruisin'

Also. I'm not dead set on anything that's why I'm asking. I though perhaps someone would say I had Um Perellis and they are great cornering at 80 or what have you. Also those tires did change the turning radius.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Stunning1
Also. I'm not dead set on anything that's why I'm asking.
lol, that's a good thing, that way when people participate and make a suggestion on WHAT experience THEY have had on any particular TIRE they comment ON in your thread, you will be open minded. You may not agree with their particular choice; however, the onus is, ultimately, on you to research what's best for you. We are merely providing a starting point.

With that said, and having read your driving style data above, it appears you need a tire that has 'reinforced' side walls that do not 'roll to much' with your 'spirited driving'. The BF Goodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S might be an excellent place to start because I currently have 235/45/17 BFG KDW II's on my CL-S6, which they do not make anymore, and it feels like it is on 'rails' when taking corners/turning sharply/maneuvering highway on/off ramps et.al.

The maximum block rigidity contact patch of the tire along with the 'stiff' sidewalls allow for that; therefore, the COMP-2 A/S's would probably share the same manufacture standards as the KDW II's, only in an all season tire. One thing, though, is that the BFG's do make alot of road noise, because as they wear, my friends tell me it sounds like I have 'mudder's' on my car.

That's why I'm going to go with the Continental EC Sports next time around, the reviews I've read have been to my liking, they have a 'stiffer' side wall then the Conti-DW; DWS; DWS06 and the tread design is supposed to be 'quiet'.

BTW, as you know, if you use the 'search' function on this forum you will find threads much like yours; however, if they do not show up that is an indicator that you need to keep trying with more creative search terms.

Good Luck!
Stunning1 (06-05-2017)
Old 06-04-2017, 04:05 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks. I tried and nothing came up in a search. No Bfg come up in my size? The General Gmax as 05 does. Is this the same?
Old 06-04-2017, 04:11 PM
Cruisin'

It's crazy. I researched tires for months and when the tire blew I had to decide quick. Tirerack I was on there for hours a day comparing then I come up with one and you read the reviews and they're the complete opposite of the ratings when comparing? Then back to square one.
Old 06-04-2017, 05:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Thanks. I tried and nothing came up in a search. No Bfg come up in my size? The General Gmax as 05 does. Is this the same?
Tire rack states the '12 Base TL has:
245/50/17
245/45/18
245/40/19
What size tire are you currently running?
Stunning1 (06-05-2017)
Old 06-04-2017, 07:20 PM
Cruisin'

245/ 50/17
Old 06-04-2017, 07:48 PM
Latent car nut

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,407 Posts
I put a set of Pirelli Cinturato P7 All-Season Plus on my wife's former GTI and they were awesome in the rain and pretty darn good on dry pavement as well; I'll be putting a set of them on my TL when the time comes.
Stunning1 (06-05-2017)
Old 06-04-2017, 09:54 PM
Suzuka Master

No Bfg come up in my size?
go one lower to help reduce that 'roll' you talk about.

BF Goodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S; 245/45/17:

https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/shop...-17--allsearch

Last edited by zeta; 06-04-2017 at 10:01 PM.
Stunning1 (06-05-2017)
Old 06-05-2017, 08:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Welcome!

You'll likely have more luck conversing with other TL owners for this specific applicaiton, so I'll move this to the TL section. You can also try searching the wheel/tire subforum of the TL section here: https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-t...uspension-298/
Stunning1 (06-05-2017)
Old 06-05-2017, 08:25 AM
Safety Car

Never said that. They make one summer tire and it rains everyday for 4 months here so. Low rolling resistance I guess. If I were a guru on tires I wouldn't be here asking and since this is ( I thought) an all Acura driver forum I'd get better advice then reading though 1000's of reviews on tirerack were those reviewers may not be as spirited of a driver and be driving a truck or say a rear wheel drive which won't help me at all. But thanks for the response.
Summer only tires are better in the rain as well as the dry. They are better than all-seasons in every way, except for snow, ice, and extreme cold. I run summer only tires on almost all of my vehicles except the trucks, which have all-terrain tires. I am in Houston, which has a climate similar to Florida.

Also I'm just asking you to define your own terms. When you said "rolls too long" I have no idea what you were talking about.

Based on your self-described driving, I really think summer performance tires are what you need. I'm assuming you have a front wheel drive TL. There will always be a need for more grip with FWD.
Stunning1 (06-05-2017)
Old 06-05-2017, 08:37 AM
Latent car nut

Summer only tires are better in the rain as well as the dry. They are better than all-seasons in every way, except for snow, ice, and extreme cold. I run summer only tires on almost all of my vehicles except the trucks, which have all-terrain tires. I am in Houston, which has a climate similar to Florida.

Also I'm just asking you to define your own terms. When you said "rolls too long" I have no idea what you were talking about.

Based on your self-described driving, I really think summer performance tires are what you need. I'm assuming you have a front wheel drive TL. There will always be a need for more grip with FWD.
I'm curious why you believe summer tires are better in the wet compared to all season tires; virtually every test I've ever seen says otherwise, and by a fairly wide margin as well. That and the typical tread pattern of a summer tire appears to be far less suited to evacuating water from under the contact patch than pretty much any comparable all season tire.
Stunning1 (06-05-2017)
Old 06-05-2017, 09:53 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by horseshoez
I'm curious why you believe summer tires are better in the wet compared to all season tires; virtually every test I've ever seen says otherwise, and by a fairly wide margin as well. That and the typical tread pattern of a summer tire appears to be far less suited to evacuating water from under the contact patch than pretty much any comparable all season tire.
Simply put, because they are. All-Season tires make compromises in tread compound and pattern in order to offer some performance in snow and cold conditions.

But you don't have to take my personal anecdote for granted. Here are some sources:

Know Your Tires: All-Season vs Summer

A tire's ability to disperse deep water is independent of its all- or three-season designation. Stay with me: On damp or lightly wet roads, it's your tread rubber, often called the compound, that's the main factor in determining traction. Stickier and softer compound is better for both dry and damp pavement.

But in deep water and at high speeds, a tire's ability to stay in contact with the pavement (tire engineers call it hydroplaning resistance) depends more on the tread pattern: the lateral and longitudinal grooves. Tread patterns that are excellent at dispersing water can be found on both all-season and summer tires. Not-so-good tread patterns are found on both too. Lastly, wear matters a lot. If underinflated or half-worn, a tire with a wonderful compound and a great tread pattern may not match a mediocre tire that's brand-new and inflated to the vehicle manufacturer's specifications.

Summer (or regular or three-season) tires have inadequate snow traction for the same reason they provide great damp-road traction: their soft, grippy tread compound. That compound starts to harden at subfreezing temperatures. An all-season tire trades the summer tire's damp-road grip for the ability to remain flexible at well-below-zero temperatures.

Summer Tires vs. All Season Tires Bridgestone Tires

Dimensional characteristics (such as the tire’s width, aspect ratio, and rim diameter), speed capability, and other design features make summer tires more suitable and capable for increased performance in wet and dry conditions on high-performance, sports-oriented vehicles. Surprising to some, summer tires provide better performance in wet driving conditions, thanks to unique tread patterns that help evacuate water and resist hydroplaning.

Summer vs. All-Season tires - Ethan's Spin on Tires Tire Rack

A summer tire, like the Bridgestone RE760 Sport, will perform better in dry road cornering and braking than an all-season tire. Summer tires also perform well in the rain; wet traction isn’t an exclusive all-season characteristic. Because it rains in summer, summer tires are made to be quite capable in the wet.

https://www.lesschwab.com/learn/arti...e-best-for-you

Are summer tires better in rain?

Yep, it may surprise you to know that summer tires outperform all-season tires on wet pavement.

https://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/...vs-summer.html

To the surprise of exactly no one, our winter tires dominate in snow and the summer tires dominate in the dry. The eye-opener here relates to wet performance, where a well-developed summer tire embarrasses an all-season tire made for the same car by the same folks. Anyone who never sees or visits snow would be very well served by summer tires for year-round use.

[..] all-season tires sacrifice a noticeable bit of dry and wet performance. Meanwhile, snow and summer tires provide clear benefits to those who can use them. In this particular test, at least, all-season tires live up to the old figure of speech our old dad used to trot out on occasion: "jack of all trades, master of none.

Are All-Season Tires The Best For The Rain?

As shown in many comparison tests, this combination provides amazing grip in dry weather and great grip in wet weather. I have been lucky enough to be involved in a comparison test between the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S+ and the PSS on a small wet oval track with the ambient temperature at about 70 degrees. In identically prepped 335i’s at the BMW Performance Center in Spartanburg, SC, we raced around a watered-down track as fast as we could, and to most everyone’s surprise, the PSS was always the outright winner!
zeta (06-05-2017)
Old 06-05-2017, 10:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts
Summer tires do better than All Seasons in wet traction in general. But please slow down in the rain regardless of tires you have. No tires are immune to hydroplane.

OP - Sounds like your best options if you want all season tires are:

1. Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 Plus
2. Pirelli PZero AS Plus (the new one, not the Nero Zero crap)

Good luck!
Stunning1 (06-05-2017)
Old 06-05-2017, 10:08 AM
Cruisin'

Smile

Originally Posted by juniorbean
Welcome!

You'll likely have more luck conversing with other TL owners for this specific applicaiton, so I'll move this to the TL section. You can also try searching the wheel/tire subforum of the TL section here: https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-t...uspension-298/
Thank you so much. This is true as the same tire is not going to drive the same on another car, I found that out with the khumo on the TL vs my Acura. . I only have a few days to switch them. Hard for a woman who take hours to pick out a eye shadow.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:09 AM
Cruisin'

Opps my Ifiniti. Sorry haven't had my cofeeve. Hehe.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:11 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by zeta
go one lower to help reduce that 'roll' you talk about.

BF Goodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S; 245/45/17:

https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/shop...-17--allsearch
Will that negate my warranty? I heard that tire is discontinued?
Old 06-05-2017, 10:12 AM
Latent car nut

My take on all of your links is tread pattern is more important than the tread compound; when I go over to the TireRack site and compare two top end tires, one summer, one all-season, from various manufacturers, say Continental to Continental or Michelin to Michelin, the all-season tires routinely outperform the summer tire in the wet. I guess it all comes down to the particular tire; that said, per your links, a very aggressive tread pattern on a summer tire should outperform an identical tread pattern with all-season rubber compounds. For my money, I'll always opt for a high end all-season over a similar summer tire.
Stunning1 (06-05-2017)
Old 06-05-2017, 10:18 AM
Cruisin'

Only one comes up compatible Pirelli P zero. Almost 300 a tire. I do not mind spending if It is what I want but I can only switch this out once. I'm leaving for 12 days the 12 so I need to be sure. I had my mind set on a summer tire when I did my research on tires a while back. It was a BF goodrich. Said it came in my size but didn't. What are the one's you have used?
Old 06-05-2017, 10:22 AM
Safety Car

My take on all of your links is tread pattern is more important than the tread compound; when I go over to the TireRack site and compare two top end tires, one summer, one all-season, from various manufacturers, say Continental to Continental or Michelin to Michelin, the all-season tires routinely outperform the summer tire in the wet. I guess it all comes down to the particular tire; that said, per your links, a very aggressive tread pattern on a summer tire should outperform an identical tread pattern with all-season rubber compounds. For my money, I'll always opt for a high end all-season over a similar summer tire.
Actually per most links, the compound is the most important, followed by tread depth.

Tire Rack has different ratings that vary on the scale of usefulness. I tend to ignore the user reviews because I have no idea what their basis of comparison is. Anytime you go from old noisy worn tires to fresh ones, the difference is dramatic and I think this clouds judgment. The only time user reviews show me anything useful is if there is uniform complaints. Then I know to avoid the tire because of noise/wear issues etc. As a general rule, most people get All-Seasons so those tires will have the much larger base of reviews.

The professional reviews on tire rack are good, but they will always compare tires to others in its class. So a tire that performs well for its class doesn't necessarily mean it outperforms a tire from a different class in the same test.

One advantage for all-seasons are their much longer tread-life. There are tangible reasons to get all-season tires even in an area that sees mild winters. But better rain-performance is not true.
Stunning1 (06-05-2017)
Old 06-05-2017, 10:28 AM
Cruisin'

Talking

This is true and I live where it rains all summer. I believe todays UP all seasons are probably just as good since they have tp perform in all conditions. Back in the day I ran summers on my Trans ams bit that was years ago and I was a goodyear girl. People must think i'm a weirdo. I've been looking at every sport vehicle and trying to see what tires they have on them and took a pic of a few sitting in traffic.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:40 AM
Cruisin'

Simply put, because they are. All-Season tires make compromises in tread compound and pattern in order to offer some performance in snow and cold conditions.

But you don't have to take my personal anecdote for granted. Here are some sources:

Know Your Tires: All-Season vs Summer

Summer Tires vs. All Season Tires Bridgestone Tires

Summer vs. All-Season tires - Ethan's Spin on Tires Tire Rack

https://www.lesschwab.com/learn/arti...e-best-for-you

https://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/...vs-summer.html

Are All-Season Tires The Best For The Rain?
I wish I could test tires. I'll tell you. The Khumo ASX I had wasn't that good in the rain on my Infiniti. Stock Bridgestones were fine and it started raining on my way to the Dr the day after I got these. They said if I didn't get there by 3 ( it was 10 til) In heavy trafic on 30-45 mph streets and it started raining I was at least 7 miles away on a one lane. I was passing 3-4 cars going 80 plus. That tire was better in the rain. I use to throw it in sport mode and It doesn't do anything with this tire when I'm at 60. I like using my sport feature. These tires were better in rain than dry imo.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:42 AM
Safety Car

Only one comes up compatible Pirelli P zero. Almost 300 a tire. I do not mind spending if It is what I want but I can only switch this out once. I'm leaving for 12 days the 12 so I need to be sure. I had my mind set on a summer tire when I did my research on tires a while back. It was a BF goodrich. Said it came in my size but didn't. What are the one's you have used?
That's unfortunate that you only have limited choices for your size. You may want to consider a "plus size" to open up more options.

For summer tires, I have used the following (in no particular order):

1. Bridgestone S-04 Pole Position -- Great tire. Maybe not the best choice for a daily driver because they do wear pretty quick (expected for a max performance tire)
2. Michelin Pilot Super Sport -- Expensive tire but great at everything. I prefer the Bridgestone S-04 for the slightly cheaper price and near comparable performance.
3. Yokohama S-Drive -- Good tires. Seem to be wearing ok.
4. Dunlop Direzza DZ102 -- Great grip but too noisy
5. Hankook Ventus V12 -- Great tires. Great price. No complaints at all.
6. Sumitomo HTR Z II -- Cheap tires. Not good at anything except price. Noisy and wore fast.
7. Sumitomo HTR Z III -- Much better than the Z II in everything. Not as good as the Ventus V12 but slightly cheaper.
8. Continental ExtremeContact DW -- Great tires. My second favorite in the category after the Pole Positions.

For UHP A/S tires, I have used (in no particular order):

1. Falken Azenis PT722 -- Good wear. Everything else mediocre.
2. Kumho Ecsta ASX -- Good grip. Very fast treadwear.
3. Dunlop Signature HP -- Quiet tires. No complaints.
4. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S -- Overpriced tire. Quiet and wore like iron. Mediocre levels of grip.
5. Continental ExtremeContact DWS -- Great tires if you could find them in stock.
6. Pirelli PZero Nero -- Long treadlife. Good grip. Expensive.

Probably some others I've forgotten. I would recommend Hankook Ventus V12s off the top of my head for a sporty sedan like the TL.
Stunning1 (06-05-2017)
Old 06-05-2017, 10:47 AM
Cruisin'

Top rated ones when I read reviews those where not great. Comparing the Khumo solus got just as high or better than those 2 on cornering/ handling. I read tons of test track results. Also it's hard to compare when the person saying it's terrific is driving say some 4 cyl and an average driver.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:50 AM
Cruisin'

Actually per most links, the compound is the most important, followed by tread depth.

Tire Rack has different ratings that vary on the scale of usefulness. I tend to ignore the user reviews because I have no idea what their basis of comparison is. Anytime you go from old noisy worn tires to fresh ones, the difference is dramatic and I think this clouds judgment. The only time user reviews show me anything useful is if there is uniform complaints. Then I know to avoid the tire because of noise/wear issues etc. As a general rule, most people get All-Seasons so those tires will have the much larger base of reviews.

The professional reviews on tire rack are good, but they will always compare tires to others in its class. So a tire that performs well for its class doesn't necessarily mean it outperforms a tire from a different class in the same test.

One advantage for all-seasons are their much longer tread-life. There are tangible reasons to get all-season tires even in an area that sees mild winters. But better rain-performance is not true.
Yes this! I wasted hours reading reviews. When most people were it drives bad in snow. I don't have to worry. Or the uber driver loves the tire and it handles so good but drives average and a 4 cyl car.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:58 AM
Cruisin'

That's unfortunate that you only have limited choices for your size. You may want to consider a "plus size" to open up more options.

For summer tires, I have used the following (in no particular order):

1. Bridgestone S-04 Pole Position -- Great tire. Maybe not the best choice for a daily driver because they do wear pretty quick (expected for a max performance tire)
2. Michelin Pilot Super Sport -- Expensive tire but great at everything. I prefer the Bridgestone S-04 for the slightly cheaper price and near comparable performance.
3. Yokohama S-Drive -- Good tires. Seem to be wearing ok.
4. Dunlop Direzza DZ102 -- Great grip but too noisy
5. Hankook Ventus V12 -- Great tires. Great price. No complaints at all.
6. Sumitomo HTR Z II -- Cheap tires. Not good at anything except price. Noisy and wore fast.
7. Sumitomo HTR Z III -- Much better than the Z II in everything. Not as good as the Ventus V12 but slightly cheaper.
8. Continental ExtremeContact DW -- Great tires. My second favorite in the category after the Pole Positions.

For UHP A/S tires, I have used (in no particular order):

1. Falken Azenis PT722 -- Good wear. Everything else mediocre.
2. Kumho Ecsta ASX -- Good grip. Very fast treadwear.
3. Dunlop Signature HP -- Quiet tires. No complaints.
4. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S -- Overpriced tire. Quiet and wore like iron. Mediocre levels of grip.
5. Continental ExtremeContact DWS -- Great tires if you could find them in stock.
6. Pirelli PZero Nero -- Long treadlife. Good grip. Expensive.

Probably some others I've forgotten. I would recommend Hankook Ventus V12s off the top of my head for a sporty sedan like the TL.
I loved the Khomo ASX. It's what made my decision to go with a khumo. Everybody raves about the pilots but they get crap reviews and you are right. Overpriced.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:13 PM
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
Summer tire - hmm 245 50 17 - they dont make Michelin Super Sports for that size ( I think) - using tire rack just lists one tire Pirelli P Zero System
All Season Touring -Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus or Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus (lesser choice)
All Season Performance (Probably where you want to be) they dont make Michelin Pilot Sport A/S... so .....Continental Extremecontact DWS 06 or Sumitomo HTR A/S P02 (lesser choice)

Damn Tire rack doesnt list a ton of tires for that size.

I have driven Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus for about year (had no issues with ride or grip)
however I changed to Summer/Winter tire options (cause all all-season tires suck in the snow vs a true snow tire) - Summer tire -Michelin Super Sport (Love them) - Winter tire /rim - Michelin Xice XI3

If you are looking for true summer time - Extreme Performance Summer category - favors dry performance with the loss of some rain performance vs Ultra High /Max Performance Summer gives near the best in both dry and rain.

Last thought, go to a tire shop that has 30 day warranty. When I bought my car they came with crappy Goodyear RS eagles- I sold them to Discount tire for 150 dollars per tire (They had 25 miles on them) and then tried Continental, Michelin and Bridgestone before deciding. Drove each tire for a week so I dragged the whole thing out to almost a month.

Last edited by Anicra; 06-06-2017 at 10:28 PM.
Stunning1 (06-07-2017)
Old 06-07-2017, 08:08 AM
Cruisin'

That's me. He told me 45 days. Not sure how many times I can switch. It'd be cool if i could just try a bunch like shoes. Lol. I'm going out of town monday so I probably am going to hold off til I get back.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:10 PM
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
I did it 4 times, because my wife wasnt happy with the tires' road noise and then it was the ride ....then I cannot remember...she wanted a smoother ride so hence how we ended up with Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus. So I would keep trying different tires til you find the awesome.